• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The bat's always been a reflector AFAIK so that's nothing new. Lucas could do it to in Brawl.
WHOO! Can believe it took me a long time to come back! The website and my tablet both have problems yesterday!
Any way, here is a video that I always wanted to post. I finally managed to get to 700000 points+ with Rosalina in the Target Blast!
And speaking of reflecting, I will upload a video of my brother using Mii gunners to battle by just refecting one of the missiles, did any of you guys have undergone a moment that if you reflect it for a while it will disappear?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Rosalina fans out there, I've conquered Classic Mode at intensity level 9 with her just recently. I've managed to survive until I got to Master Core for every run I did, but after enough perseverance, I've successfully conquered Master Core.

I did have to try out different equipment to see what would do the job though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have a build that I think might work out. I tried it yesterday but I messed up. Don't have the coins to try again right now though, I'll get some on the bust tomorrow while I go through All-Star mode.

Also, I just discovered something really cool that I've never seen done before:

If you charge Luma Shot while falling, and Luma catches on to a platform while doing so and Rosalina doesn't, Luma will stay on that platform while Rosalina falls, meaning Rosalina gets to retreat while still holding her charge for the move. Then you can release it, and Luma will shoot off, but is at a distance from Rosalina even when it starts.

This could be really interesting on stages like Battlefield. You can use Luma Shot in more unpredictable ways with this.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a build that I think might work out. I tried it yesterday but I messed up. Don't have the coins to try again right now though, I'll get some on the bust tomorrow while I go through All-Star mode.
I did have to try out different defensive equipment to see what did the trick. One of which included the Crouch Healer. I still used at least a Purifying Staff to buff up Rosalina's attack power.

Again, it was never really until I got to Master Core where I struggled the most; the first five stages were manageable, as I only really took the easiest routes for all of them.

On a side note, I had over 70000G by the time I advanced to intensity level 9. I didn't really lose much gold with each failed attempt, as like I said already, it was only Master Core that gave me the game overs; by that time, I've collected enough gold to replace the gold that I lost.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To all Rosalina fans out there, I've conquered Classic Mode at intensity level 9 with her just recently. I've managed to survive until I got to Master Core for every run I did, but after enough perseverance, I've successfully conquered Master Core.

Nice job! I am a little afraid of the Level 9 Classic Mode for now, but I will try when I am ready, I might start out with Mario since he is my main, next probably Rosalina.
Did you watch the video yet @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ? How many points did you get in Target blast?

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Would there be a Rosalina main here that would be willing to spar off with me on Wi-fi sometime? I haven't fought very many competent Rosalinas. The only one I remember was on For Glory, and after some trial-and-error I was able to beat him consistently. I'd like some more matchup experience with her. I feel she's strong and annoying, but I haven't been able to test my mettle against someone I've felt provides a good enough challenge for me to get an appropriate grasp on the matchup.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@ mario123007 mario123007 : My best was 238670 with Greninja, though I never did get all the red targets with it. With Rosalina, I got 221540 with her, and destroyed all the red targets.
If you had watched the video I got 710000+ points, destroying all the red targets ob both two rounds, if you broke all the red targets in one single round, next round the targets will be reset. Giving you a chance to break it all again! It me took a technique and some luck to do that.

BlackDoomShadow

Smash Rookie

What equipment did you use? I have two dresses that give around +66 defense each, and then hyper smasher attacks. Should I use something else?

I got to finish intensity level 9 with Shulk and Rosa

Lmao at my Rosalina run. Why did I GP a bob-omb?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you had watched the video I got 710000+ points, destroying all the red targets ob both two rounds, if you broke all the red targets in one single round, next round the targets will be reset. Giving you a chance to break it all again! It me took a technique and some luck to do that.
Interesting. I've often struggled to break all the red targets on the first attempt, so I never realized that they would reset if you broke them all on one shot.

What equipment did you use? I have two dresses that give around +66 defense each, and then hyper smasher attacks. Should I use something else?
I used a Purifying Staff with a +59 attack boost (it had a -30 defense boost), an Exquisite Dress with a +85 defense boost, and a Crouch Healer Dress that offered a +27 defense boost. Of course, no matter how high your defense boost is, it pays to be very lucky, and somehow, luck was on my side when I used those three equipment parts.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I read in another thread earlier that when you use an aerial the last 5 frames before landing with an airdodge (in the end of the airdodge animation) you'll be able to shield faster after the airdodge. I wonder if the same thing can be applied in rosalumas airdodge and youll be able to attack with luma during the last frames of the airdodge lagless.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gee, I'm sitting here at 250K coins just from running high level Classic. I didn't think I was playing the game that much. :/

Anyway, I was thinking of reasonable changes for Rosalina after playing her for a while. As far as how good I think she is, she's "strong" but most definitely beatable. Not on the level of Brawl's top tiers, anyway. I don't think she's deserving of any more nerfs than what was clearly done to her post E3.

1. If multiple Rosalinas are present, or could be present in a match, then Luma colors are set by player port like shields are. Even in a 1v1 Rosalina ditto it can be difficult to keep track of Luma ownership. Now try 4 on screen and see how that goes.

2. Star Bits - maybe slightly increase the reach by giving the Star Bits 2-3 more frames of flight time before vanishing.

Floaty Star Bit - Quicken the rehit rate so it can hit up to 4 times instead of 3. Currently you can easily shield it and jump away from it while it's still inside you, or shield Usmash, etc. Alternatively, reduce the lag for performing the move, but the low rehit rate seems to be a more obvious flaw in it.

3. Launch Star Plus - maybe turn this into a "warp" move with teleportation properties while keeping the same path and limitations so the path she travels is safe from edgeguarding. Currently this doesn't seem to have much of a different identity from the default Launch Star since it's a set path recovery. It also doesn't need extra landlag compared to the other UpBs, imo.

4. Catch & Release - could stand to do more damage/KB or be more rewarding in general. Very low reward is something that similar moves on other character's special slots seem to share with this one.

Guardian Luma - needs to be able to cover the floor as it grows since there's a deadzone under it where some projectiles and attacks just go right through it harmlessly.

5. Luma jab infinite could stand to go. This could probably be easily fixed by a larger forced input window for Luma's jab3.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
hey all rosalina mains, I know yall are busy but If you guys could help me identify this one rosalina player who had the tag "who?" Its sucks there is no online chat on ds but I just wanted to say ggs man, I was the zelda/duckhunt player.

.....also it would be cool to play any other rosalina mains who want a game as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Interesting. I've often struggled to break all the red targets on the first attempt, so I never realized that they would reset if you broke them all on one shot.

I used a Purifying Staff with a +59 attack boost (it had a -30 defense boost), an Exquisite Dress with a +85 defense boost, and a Crouch Healer Dress that offered a +27 defense boost. Of course, no matter how high your defense boost is, it pays to be very lucky, and somehow, luck was on my side when I used those three equipment parts.
Here is another video about a glitch that my brother had found, did you guys every tried using Mii gunner and relecting the missiles at each other and see who gets blow away first? Well, at the end of this video, the missile seems to disappear after a few relections. Go and see!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A bunch of new Wii U Ness, Wario, and Falco screenshots came out, and one features Rosalina:

She looks absolutely stunning.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A bunch of new Wii U Ness, Wario, and Falco screenshots came out, and one features Rosalina:

She looks absolutely stunning.
Is this from the official website or some where else?
Luma finally looks bigger in this picture.
Gee, I'm sitting here at 250K coins just from running high level Classic. I didn't think I was playing the game that much. :/

Anyway, I was thinking of reasonable changes for Rosalina after playing her for a while. As far as how good I think she is, she's "strong" but most definitely beatable. Not on the level of Brawl's top tiers, anyway. I don't think she's deserving of any more nerfs than what was clearly done to her post E3.

1. If multiple Rosalinas are present, or could be present in a match, then Luma colors are set by player port like shields are. Even in a 1v1 Rosalina ditto it can be difficult to keep track of Luma ownership. Now try 4 on screen and see how that goes.

2. Star Bits - maybe slightly increase the reach by giving the Star Bits 2-3 more frames of flight time before vanishing.

Floaty Star Bit - Quicken the rehit rate so it can hit up to 4 times instead of 3. Currently you can easily shield it and jump away from it while it's still inside you, or shield Usmash, etc. Alternatively, reduce the lag for performing the move, but the low rehit rate seems to be a more obvious flaw in it.

3. Launch Star Plus - maybe turn this into a "warp" move with teleportation properties while keeping the same path and limitations so the path she travels is safe from edgeguarding. Currently this doesn't seem to have much of a different identity from the default Launch Star since it's a set path recovery. It also doesn't need extra landlag compared to the other UpBs, imo.

4. Catch & Release - could stand to do more damage/KB or be more rewarding in general. Very low reward is something that similar moves on other character's special slots seem to share with this one.

Guardian Luma - needs to be able to cover the floor as it grows since there's a deadzone under it where some projectiles and attacks just go right through it harmlessly.

5. Luma jab infinite could stand to go. This could probably be easily fixed by a larger forced input window for Luma's jab3.
I am still trying to get all of the customizations of Rosalina.
I had a Multi man Smash frustrtion. I try to get 10 seconds below in 10 man Smash, my brother did it in 8 sceonds, now I am struggling to broke that record.
How fast can you defeat 10 opponents in 10 man Smash?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Just thought I'd drop this here.

This is obviously for comedic purposes.

I'm still not getting any notifications from this thread... What's up with that?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Fun little tidbit: Luma cannot be hurt by the damaging road on Mute City. This may or may not be super relevant to everyone since it seems like a stage that will vary between banned and not-banned depending on how liberal the TO feels, but it does mean Luma is harder to properly kill than usual on that stage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's the larger version of that screenshot...

Now that's what I called Wii U graphics!

I'm still not getting any notifications from this thread... What's up with that?
I don't really get it what Rosalina means................... Palutena seems to let Pit do his own job anyway.
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku Did you get at least one notifications? Like I like your post or something like that. How about I tag you for a test, see if you got the notification.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I've been messing with Rosalina even more, and I think I've found an amazing custom for her: Guardian Luma! It actually does quite well for what I've used. I need to test it on more characters, but it is amazing on blocking very annoying attacks.

I really want to test it on ZSS, Sheik, and Fox. Those three are such a pain.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So, I got the theme. The music isn't THAT bad...

So, someone asked which Nintendo character they would choose as a best friend, and someone chose Rosalina because she could recreate the universe to how he wants it. Clever lad...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I've been messing with Rosalina even more, and I think I've found an amazing custom for her: Guardian Luma! It actually does quite well for what I've used. I need to test it on more characters, but it is amazing on blocking very annoying attacks.

I really want to test it on ZSS, Sheik, and Fox. Those three are such a pain.
Guardian Luma is the first Rosalina custom I get when I first played this game.
Yeah, these three are annoying even for the Rosie pros. Fast characters are truly a big enemies of Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fast characters are not trouble for Rosalina. Why do people still think this, even though plenty of tools have been discovered to deal with them?

ZSS is trouble for Rosalina right now, but it isn't because she's fast, it's because her stun gun gimps Luma, and her Down B gets her out of anything but is also a strong attack. She's still manageable though.

Sheik and Fox are actually really easy to deal with if you keep them in the air and if you exploit your melee range and Luma. Gravitational Pull will also stop their projectiles.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

This really isn't how I'd see Rosalina handling that situation. It probably should've been like...
  • Palutena: Why do you treat your star children like weapons?! That's not right for a mother!!
  • Rosalina: I don't force the Lumas to fight. I let them decide for themselves.
  • Palutena: You're still putting their lives at risk!
  • Rosalina: I think your own captain is calling you.
  • Pit: Lady Palutena, we have to talk about something!
  • Rosalina: I only let my Lumas fight when they want to fight, but it seems that you've had a history of forcing reluctant soldiers to fight your own battles.
  • Palutena: .....Me and my big mouth!
  • Luma: That's my mom. She's always honest and calm in any argument.

As for your notifications issue, you are watching this thread, right? If that's not working, try watching the whole sub-forum instead.

Anyway, in other news, someone did draw Rosalina and her Luma sleeping...

After my Classic intensity 9.0 achievement with Rosalina the other day, that drawing really explains a lot, even if it is just coincidental.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I would like to point out that when Guardian Luma is used immediately after a jump, Rosalina gains extra height (much higher than using both jumps). You can't use it twice because the second jump will have the regular height it has. Also, using Guardian Luma on the first jump or midair jump doesn't have a difference, meaning:

Ground jump + Guardian Luma to → Midair jump = Ground jump to → Midair jump + Guardian Luma.
Both equal.
To get a better sense of how high, use the PAC-MAZE (Ω) with a fixed camera and try it out. She can reach the top of the screen.

You may already know this, but I think that should be noted in the Rosalina Coverage Thread since it isn't there already.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I would like to point out that when Guardian Luma is used immediately after a jump, Rosalina gains extra height (much higher than using both jumps). You can't use it twice because the second jump will have the regular height it has. Also, using Guardian Luma on the first jump or midair jump doesn't have a difference, meaning:

Ground jump + Guardian Luma to → Midair jump = Ground jump to → Midair jump + Guardian Luma.
Both equal.
To get a better sense of how high, use the PAC-MAZE (Ω) with a fixed camera and try it out. She can reach the top of the screen.

You may already know this, but I think that should be noted in the Rosalina Coverage Thread since it isn't there already.
I never really bothered with Guardian Luma all that much, so I didn't know. Thanks for pointing this out.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Fast characters are not trouble for Rosalina. Why do people still think this, even though plenty of tools have been discovered to deal with them?

ZSS is trouble for Rosalina right now, but it isn't because she's fast, it's because her stun gun gimps Luma, and her Down B gets her out of anything but is also a strong attack. She's still manageable though.

Sheik and Fox are actually really easy to deal with if you keep them in the air and if you exploit your melee range and Luma. Gravitational Pull will also stop their projectiles.
Well, you don't think so. Some of us do. I also mean some characters with fast attacks, if you had seen the first round of Smash Bros National Tournament of Rosalina VS Yoshi. You can see how good that Yoshi is dealing with Rosalina. However, I think it depends on your own strategy.
This really isn't how I'd see Rosalina handling that situation. It probably should've been like...
  • Palutena: Why do you treat your star children like weapons?! That's not right for a mother!!
  • Rosalina: I don't force the Lumas to fight. I let them decide for themselves.
  • Palutena: You're still putting their lives at risk!
  • Rosalina: I think your own captain is calling you.
  • Pit: Lady Palutena, we have to talk about something!
  • Rosalina: I only let my Lumas fight when they want to fight, but it seems that you've had a history of forcing reluctant soldiers to fight your own battles.
  • Palutena: .....Me and my big mouth!
  • Luma: That's my mom. She's always honest and calm in any argument.

As for your notifications issue, you are watching this thread, right? If that's not working, try watching the whole sub-forum instead.

Anyway, in other news, someone did draw Rosalina and her Luma sleeping...

After my Classic intensity 9.0 achievement with Rosalina the other day, that drawing really explains a lot, even if it is just coincidental.
That'a better headcannon you got there.
That Luma looks so adorable. Yup, after completing a level 9 intensity battle, you need some some sleep. Playing too much Smash Bros can hurt you some times.
I recently check Smash Wiki of Villagers page and this trivia desciption just makes me feel good for some reason:
  • The Villager is the only newcomer to be on both the Wii U and 3DS covers.
    • However, with the full group art on both versions, Pac-Man and Rosalina receive the same treatment.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, you don't think so. Some of us do. I also mean some characters with fast attacks, if you had seen the first round of Smash Bros National Tournament of Rosalina VS Yoshi. You can see how good that Yoshi is dealing with Rosalina. However, I think it depends on your own strategy.
You not being able to handle fast characters as Rosalina does not equal her being inherently bad against them though. Nor does one tournament match say anything for the Yoshi MU. I faced a really good Yoshi yesterday in a ton of matches. He beat me on the first two or three. I beat him on all of the following ones (which was at least ten matches), though. I think the Yoshi player I played was at least on par with the one in the tournament one too. He was REALLY good.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
How adorable.

Just wanted to put this here because why not. What would his ability be called?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You not being able to handle fast characters as Rosalina does not equal her being inherently bad against them though. Nor does one tournament match say anything for the Yoshi MU. I faced a really good Yoshi yesterday in a ton of matches. He beat me on the first two or three. I beat him on all of the following ones (which was at least ten matches), though. I think the Yoshi player I played was at least on par with the one in the tournament one too. He was REALLY good.
Yeah, just what I had said, it actually depends on your strategy.
I had not met a realky good Yoshi pro yet. But Yoshi really has a good combo potential, who knows? Maybe you were really facing the Yoshi pro from the tournament!
How adorable.

Just wanted to put this here because why not. What would his ability be called?
Cosmic power? Force field ability would be a great option, and just how did Megaman get Rosalina's power anyway? She is not a robot made by Dr.Wily, so how can Mega man get her data by just defeating her? This situation is impossible but still, hilarious.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So, I know how to do the combo from the trailer.

Would there be a Rosalina main here that would be willing to spar off with me on Wi-fi sometime? I haven't fought very many competent Rosalinas. The only one I remember was on For Glory, and after some trial-and-error I was able to beat him consistently. I'd like some more matchup experience with her. I feel she's strong and annoying, but I haven't been able to test my mettle against someone I've felt provides a good enough challenge for me to get an appropriate grasp on the matchup.
Sure, I'd be up for that.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I originally opposed Rosalina's exclusion because I thought she was too new, but I've since fallen in love with her. No, not literally.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think this is an accurate representation of the Rosalina & Luma players I've faced online. They always keep Luma next to them.

This is also just how Rosalina & Luma are in general.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I often play them as the reverse, actually. A good mama looks out for her babies. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom