• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Neutral air is very similar to how it works in PM (and I'm gonna assume Brawl as well). Very solid aerial move, and you can get a free nair off a down throw at lower percents.

Jet Hammer is pretty strong, although it feels a bit sluggish. Not very much, but just enough where you need to time yourself properly. If you get a charged hammer it does kill pretty early, so there's that.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Neutral air is very similar to how it works in PM (and I'm gonna assume Brawl as well). Very solid aerial move, and you can get a free nair off a down throw at lower percents.

Jet Hammer is pretty strong, although it feels a bit sluggish. Not very much, but just enough where you need to time yourself properly. If you get a charged hammer it does kill pretty early, so there's that.
Ok, thanks. I've heard that those two moves were very situational in brawl,

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
5'10" here. One of the shorter Dedede mains here from the looks of things.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've had the us version of the game since September 25 (thank you nintendo of canada)

First thing I did was try to unlock ness as DDD

I tried to chaingrab LOL ended up SDing somehow

Wanted to post about it but 1) I was under NDA not to post character spoilers and 2) when I decide not to post things it is a good day for the internet

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think I said it in the thread before but I like jet hammer this time around, but maybe I was just scared to use it before. it kills very very early I dunno.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
It's hilarious to start charging it when your opponent is off stage and then jump off with it at them. Don't know if that's a good idea, but I've literally scared some dudes so hard they just SD'd. :awesome:

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
Hi, ive been playing dedede in brawl and pm for a while.

Has anyone tried things out for dedede's edge game? I keep pushing my opponents away with a falling gordo but sometimes a gordo gets stuck to the ledge. Can i go anything with this gordo that gets stuck? I haven't figure out a way to test it

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i suck as ddd in this game, which goes to show i abused side b, bair, uair, dtilt, and fair too much in brawl

ndayday

BRoomer
dthrow > bull**** seems like his bread and butter so far. I really disliked him at first precisely because no waddle dees/doos and no bair but some slight adjustments and I like him again.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I'm liking the Deedeedee. He feels good. Dthrow to everything is definitely the way to go. Nair>grab has been really handy. These kids on For Glory are so bad :joyful:

for the most part... I have had a few good games.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I was playing with a friend online yesterday and one of the stages we went to was Green Hill Zone. Too bad that's a bad competitive stage, seeing the Gordos bounce around inside the bowl was the greatest thing.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
But with every stage having the fd move wouldn't all stages be competitive now?

ndayday

BRoomer
but FD mode Green Hill Zone doesn't have the bowl...

White19

Smash Rookie
Loving the new dedede
I notice a lot of familiar names that are still around, good to see.

Last edited:

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
It's hilarious to start charging it when your opponent is off stage and then jump off with it at them. Don't know if that's a good idea, but I've literally scared some dudes so hard they just SD'd. :awesome:
I was using Dedede with my friend on the Wario stage. I was about to jet hammer them when the "Don't move" mini game showed up. We both stood still, and I was still charging the hammer! As soon as the mini game ended I let go of the button and knocked him out; we both have no idea why we decided to pay attention to the "Don't Move" prompt!:awesome:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I once gentlemans'd Ally to warioware in brawl, MK ditto, I took one stock by ignoring the don't move (he didn't ignore it)

I don't play MK

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
i'm dean. brawl dedede tournament veteran of about four years from melbourne, australia. looking to keep playing dedede from now on as well but the transition from brawl to smash 3ds hasn't been smooth so far lol i miss bair, i will keep persevering though.

other than that i study chemistry at university. i'm 5'11" i think, dunno imperial that well. my favourite stage to gentleman's clause to was shadow moses island bcus it has nice music =)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I mained DDD in brawl, what did i do in brawl, bair dair fair waddle dee dtilt

what moves got changed in smash 4, i wonder

my ddd plays like a cow

sfz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-3862-8471
ddd fan from Utah where there is no Smash scene. Also pretty tall at 6'2". Want to kick some trash online with Dedede and Mega.

Love the Kirby anime, Dedede's final smash should include a monster to clobber dat dere Kirby.

never played Smash competitively at all, mostly in it to have fun. But with For Glory mode, I want to get decently good. So far I've had fun learning all the crazy terms and tricks you guys use.

Palmerfan

Smash Apprentice
I'm a melee player from NJ, I like playing fox and pressing buttons

I'm going to main dedede in smash 4 so i can learn to play better without pressing that many buttons

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Can we talk about something important now? What color Dedede is everybody using???

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
If you don't use pink or monochrome, you should really consider switching main.

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I was pimpin' it with purple in Brawl, but the absence of the black robe fur in this game really upset me. That trim really tied the costume together. The snappy dark blue one has helped fill the void left behind. Monochrome is also cool, and I like the Waddle Dee bellyband on the green suit.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I always liked the white robe he had in Brawl for his blue team outfit. Was slightly disappointed when they kept the outfit but changed the color scheme around a little bit for this one, but it's still my go-to costume choice for Dedede. Blue is the best color, after all.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Can we talk about something important now? What color Dedede is everybody using???

Posting picture for more effect...

I used the light blue one in Brawl since blue is my favorite color, but I prefer this shade of blue.

That Black Robe Dedede is pretty sexy though...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I loved the green palette in Brawl. A lot.

So I'm continuing to use that one in this entry. The others all look pretty darn epic as well though.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848

Posting picture for more effect...

I used the light blue one in Brawl since blue is my favorite color, but I prefer this shade of blue.
This is the one I use as well. I think it looks really nice. Pink would be my second choice for sure.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The light blue palette here. Loving that color scheme so much <3 <3.

Also DDD is awesome and so fun to play in this game! : D

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
FINALLY got my copy yesterday and have been playing during the dry spells at work (long hours in a info center waiting for folks to wander in). Can't believe I ever dismissed the idea of portable Smash.

Dedede is incredible. I'm playing around with lots of characters and sharing the love, but he is still my best and better than ever. So many changes, he feels all-new. Have already had some notably intense For Glory matches against the likes of Sheik, Shulk, and Yoshi, sending 'em all packing, as well as representing the crown in FFA For Fun. Good to be back in action.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So...a slightly relevant question.

Since we're all fans of the King here, I'm curious - what was your first Kirby game? Do you still enjoy playing Kirby games? Did you ever?
My first was Crystal Shards, and I still love it to this day. I'm still able to enjoy playing a Kirby games today, but not as much as I did in the past. While I, granted, haven't bought Triple Deluxe (yet!), I did enjoy Mass Attack and Return to Dreamland.
The sequel to Canvas Curse on Wii U seems pretty fun as well just based on the brief demo I played back in June, and I'm especially liking it since I did have sculpting "phase" some years back.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As I said in my first post here Smash Bros. was what introduced me to Kirby (and thus King Dedede and Meta Knight as well) the first Kirby game I did play was SuperStar Ultra on the DS. Oh man...for a time I was obsessed with Kirby stuff after going through so much of it. And I remember the first time I got to Masked Dedede....the fight, the MUSIC. Part of me wishes I could go back to being a Kirby noob, being relatively bad at the game, and unaware of what would occur, and struggle with that fight again XD.

Been trying to make progress with Dreamland 3 and the Crystal Shards on the Wii Virtual Console. I also got Epic Yarn the year it came out for Christmas, and Return to Dreamland when it came out as well.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
air ride is the only one lol. i did quite enjoy that game though.
might get the 3ds one if i have the time.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
My first game was Kirby's Adventure. Second one was probably Crystal Shards, which is still my favorite in series.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Kirby's Dream Land was not only my first Kirby game, but it's also one of the first games I ever played. *single tear*

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I can't remember which was my first. I played bits of Tilt 'n Tumble and I think Crystal Shards when I was younger, but the first I played to completion was Nightmare in Dream Land. My first consoles I owned were 64 and GB Color, despite being around during the SNES and original GB days, so I never played the original Kirby's Adventure till later. Loved Dedede's role in it though.

Also, DTilt rolling is the most fun way to complete multi-man and time smash challenges. Just tumble around till you reach the edge, roll dodge, and repeat in the opposite direction. Crush Miis and look good while doing it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hello.

My name is Smooth Criminal, and I play King Dedede in Super Smash Bros. 4.

I, uh, have always loved Dedede. Ever since my first Kirby outing on the SNES, Kirby Super Star. Nothing cooler than a penguin garbed in royal finery brandishing a ****ing mallet that's almost as big as he is, y'know? You couldn't believe how ecstatic I was when he was revealed as a playable character in Brawl. Instant main status right then and there. I plan on doing the same here in Smash 4, plus a few other characters to perhaps cover the holes in any bad matchups that'll inevitably come up.

I use what I've dubbed the Actual Penguin palette (black robes, black skin). Looking forward to shooting the **** with you guys.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Top Bottom