• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[moved] SSBB AT Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Sorry about that. Rather than measure the Recent Updates' length in days, I'll just measure it in lines then. As long as it doesn't grow to obscene lengths, I don't plan on deleting from that section frequently anyway. Thanks for the suggestion - I'm sure many more will appreciate the new section.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Please add the pit techs.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155928
Advance techs Glide Shifting, Arrow Looping, Wing Renewal, Wing Lunging, Wing Pivoting, Arrow chasing, platform wing canceling.

General info-Wing fatigue, Wing refresh, Wing Shoving, Down B super armor.

I'm not too great with Pit myself, so you'd probably get better explainations if you ask in the thread itself.
Hey, don't forget to add Wingdashing either :p
I'm sure you will find that thread very clear on how to perform it :)

Wing refresh and wing renewal are the same thing btw

Sino

Smash Journeyman
How are you experiencing this? Are you holding down, to fall quickly, and then pressing down on the C-Stick without stopping pressing down on the Control Stick as soon as you touch down? Because that's going to trigger a Dtilt, in the manner described above.
No, i was not pressing down to fastfall, only down on the C-Stick when I come done.

@Sino: I did read your post earlier today and tried this for myself. Simply jumping with X and pressing Down on the C-stick, I was able to re-create the Tilt Landing. The timing was very difficult, but it is a genuine glitch. I could not repeat the glitch with Forward, Up, or Neutral attacks, though, so I decided to wait for your test results before adding it to the main thread. Sorry for the trouble; I didn't mean to make you feel ignored.
I have tried to do a uptilt and sidetilt but they didn't work. So it only works with Dtilt, unfortunately.
Maybe I was somewhat impatient with my post earlier, sorry for that. I though maybe there're not interested or this is already been posted by someone else, so I wanted a response from someone.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Doval, I can't say I've seen your buffering guide yet, to my knowledge, but chances are you should probably mention it in Panda's indepth/info threads sticky, and get it posted there as well, for the sake of absolute ease of access.

Doval

Smash Lord
Actually, it's not very large at all, but it's the sort of thing you kinda have to play around with a little bit before it all sinks in. A handful of people have shown interest though, so it's all good.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Dumb question: Down smash out of a shield

Couldn't find it in the guide... is it even considered an AT? I can't "do it" like others can in vids I've seen... you don't just down smash in the shield because then you'd sidestep dodge. Do you need the C-stick? :embarrass

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Somebody posted this as a joke technique a few weeks ago. "D-smash out of shield" is simply achieved by letting go of shield and doing a d-smash as soon as possible. It looks fast, but it's nothing special.

Also, to all you brilliant testers out there:

I found this in the Link forums while browsing today. Some evidence has surfaced that C-stick DI exists in Brawl. If C-stick DI has been carried over in the way described, it could make significant changes to character survival percents. Is the claim truth, or clever ruse? Any and all thoughts welcome.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4435308

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Oh, uh.. mugwhump and I covered that a little in my thread.

There's C-Stick SDI, yes. I didn't realize that we needed that mentioned here, whoopsie. :) Yeah, you can SDI with the C-Stick in Smash or Special setting, but not Attack, as Attack interprets every input as a tilt, not smashing the Control Stick.

There is no, as far as we could determine, C-Stick ASDI, though. Scotu disagreed with us on C-Stick SDI, I know, and his Physics of Attacks thread might still claim there's no C-Stick SDI, but it was pretty clear to mugwhump and I, at least, that he was wrong.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Miscellaneous glitch:
A plurality of characters with moves that cancel their momentum can do that move over and over again, very quickly, when they are on top of a trampoline (create-a-stage or Sonic's spawn).
Zelda can do it, I think Game and Watch can do something or other with it with his key.
It has to be a move that cancels momentum and then sends the character down, either slightly or quickly. The after lag of the move is cancelled by the trampoline

JDCAce

Smash Rookie
I discovered another way to cancel Meta Knight's Up-B that wasn't posted here. (I don't think it was, at least.) Pretty simple, really. Any time after his loop, press B. That will cancel the glide and put him into what I believe you guys call a special fall.

Doval

Smash Lord
I, too, can confirm that you can Smash DI with the C-stick set to Smashes or Specials, and also that there is no ASDI.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you would call this, but if you Dash Pivot Cancel, immediately following with a short hop and doing an aerial into the direction you were originally heading when starting the DPC, your character will perform a bair while moving into the opponent. If you can land it at the right time, it works as an auto-cancel as well.

???????

Smash Journeyman
That's called a RAR (Reverse Aerial Rush) and it can be done with B-sticking as well.

Grunt

Smash Master
Dumb question: Down smash out of a shield

Couldn't find it in the guide... is it even considered an AT? I can't "do it" like others can in vids I've seen... you don't just down smash in the shield because then you'd sidestep dodge. Do you need the C-stick? :embarrass
BRIGHTSIDE CANCEL!
Lol read my sig. :chuckle:

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Great guide! It's awesome to see someone committed to updating all this.

- Arrow Looping Application - Arrow Blitzing
How to Perform: Loop several arrows continuously, like in Arrow Swarming. Then, release them all simultaneously in your opponent's direction.
Effect: A hail of arrows approaches the opponent at once. Can be followed up with Arrow Chasing.
This isn't quite how it works. What you do is you fire four arrows straight up, and after sending the last arrow, you loop that one down towards the ground. All the earlier arrows will pick up the same input and fall down in the same direction moments later.

- Wing Gliding/Wave Gliding
How to Perform: Jump, then do an Up-B as soon as you leave the ground. Hold Left or Right.
Effect: Pit travels along the ground fairly quickly in his Wings of Icarus state. Can be canceled at any time with an aerial.
This isn't an advanced technique. Wingdashing covers this.

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
I agree, this thread is amazing......but i suggest changing the name of perma-explosion to ever-splosion......just a funny refrence to xavier: renegade angel

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
Fox has a SHTL(short hop triple laser). I discovered it I think. This is because I haven't seen anyone post this up yet, anywhere. Plus dash shining for Fox which combos if done correctly.

Fox shoots the third laser without sound(somewhat mindgames).
Fox's dashshining is consecutive, but have one frame of lag to perform(too hard).

No proof because I don't want to post on the internet and then link it here(too much work with time limitations).

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@ fury berserk: I KNOW that SHTL is known, has been since people got imported copies of brawl.

wanna explain dash-shining more?

The Idealist

Smash Cadet
I dont know how long it took to find wavedashing, but I feel like there won't be any such discovery in brawl.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Looking upon this guide fills me with great satisfaction on just how much we have already found in Brawl but I notice you have almost nothing on Sheik.

Sheik may not be the most technical character but some of us still like to test things.

^B Information

More ^B Information ^-^

Edit: Keep a eye on the second link as you never know what might be found in future testing.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I never saw anyone state SHTL, so I mentioned it. Dashshining is my name so it isn't official. I only did it on some characters and it linked, but when I did it on Mario and Luigi, they went to far. It was a JC shine, (no frame of lag is used), you dash, and on the precise pixel of the hitbox, you do it again. It linked, but only about 20 times after trying it about 89 hours of only fox total in practice mode when performing it(not anything else before the attack starts). People who don't go far will work, but of course, not on the characters that fall down. A somewhat replacement of the waveshine, but just, much harder. I'll try to post on youtube, but without the TVtuner or hardware that allows me to show it picture perfect, it will suck. I'll try it on Friday through Sunday...I have great limitations on time. Sorry.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
@Tristan_win: The lack of Shiek is disappointing, yes, but not for a lack of trying. Over the past few days, I've been scouring the char-spec forums for AT's that I might have missed and posting them accordingly (hence all the char-spec stuff in Recent Updates).

I couldn't find any Shiek info that could be classified as an AT (non-obvious exploit) or Glitch, but I firmly believe that a concise, easy-to-remember Lag-less Vanish method would be list material. I'm not a Shiek main, and as such don't trust myself to write the blurb. If you could write and submit one, though, I will quote you and add it. The other Shiek players will find it very helpful.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
You missed a ton of Wolf stuff. Check the character specific boards.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
@Juggalo: I checked the Wolf forums today and came back with Scarring (check the Wolf entry). If you're talking about the Essence of Wolf AT's, the rest appear to be applications/instances of known information (lag-less F-air sounds like auto-canceling, Island Illusion sounds like Drack's Surface Glitch) or strategies rather than techniques. I didn't see anything else that looked like an AT in the Wolf forums, but if you have something that isn't in there, I'll gladly put it up. P.S. Nice to see somebody representing the legendary Powdered Toast Man.

Dear everyone,

Thanks for supporting the Comprehensive Guide and helping me out in every way possible. Seriously, it wouldn't be half as thorough (or as accurate) without you guys! I began the project thinking it would be a solo venture, but the community here has offered an astounding amount of assistance. You information-sharing Smashers all have my gratitude. You are the reason this thread exists. ^ ^

Having finished my days-long odyssey through the Character forums, I believe it's time to ask you you all for input once again. Is there any glaringly obvious thing that I'm still missing? Anything in the guide that really shouldn't be, or should be placed in a different section? I wouldn't mind weeding out the obvious or common knowledge, because the purpose of this is to collect advanced information and non-obvious glitches. I'm all ears, as always.

Also, which of these techniques do you find yourselves using often? Has anything here improved your game or made an impact on the tourney scene? I've never participated in an official Brawl tournament myself, though I play against people who do. I'd love to know what the community at large has been doing as Brawl evolves, if for nothing other than personal curiosity. Candy's request for feedback on the Autolanding today just made me think.

See you all around the forums!

elegost890

Smash Rookie
I have one thing to add to the "Sucked Off (Ike/DeDeDe|Ike/Kirby)." Recently I was playing against a ganondorf player and he was using his up tilt and I (playing ike) decided to use quick draw (side B) and I was pulled off the stage just like the DeDeDe and Kirby glitch. I guess it has to do with the vacuum ganon creates with his up tilt. Sorry, i don't have any videos.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
That's okay. I've heard of this happening before, so as soon as I find explicit instructions, I'll update the Misc. Glitches section.

Also:

- IMPORTANT NOTICE -
I am leaving to visit my roommate for the weekend. I will probably not be able to update the thread again until Sunday, but keep the submissions coming. I'll see them all when I get back and update the thread accordingly by Monday.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
I did a similar thing with Ganon's Utilt to Ike. He was landing on the stage with his Æther and slid off really fast to his death.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169171

A list of all autocancelled aerials for every character. For clarity I would further edit your definition of autocancelling to make it clear that landing after an aerial has finished it's animation is not cancelling anything at all. There's simply no lag because the attack is already over. This misnomer has been around far too long and needs to be corrected for the good of the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom