• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.Weegee's PSA gallery! (Huh? Silver?!?)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Are you doing something about the textures now?
I believe they were just sent to Kryal (or, in other words, instantly fixed).

maybe you can resize his legs to make him smaller than sonic
Just a bit.
Anyway it doesn't matter if the texture is messed up, it's awesome!
And i LOVE that final smash
Does anyone know how to vertex edit or use the partial size mod?

Because I also wanted to resize Tails.

is thare a DL for knuckles
:confused:

...I didn't make a Knuckles...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ew, dont use Partial Size mod. Glitches everywhere. Ask Fortwaffles about Vertex Hacking.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Okay, just got done playing Sonic Battle for the first time, and watching a play through of Sonic the Fighters. Here’s what I came up with as far as additional moves. Warning, wall of text approaching.

FTilt: Hands grow (similarly to how Wario’s hands do) and claps the opponent. Source: Sonic the Fighters

DTilt: Lifts his foot then kicks straight forward (basically Ganon’s Tilt >). Source: Sonic the Fighters

UTilt: Gets on hand and knees, both of his tails stick together and stab straight upward (as if they were a sword). No Source

USmash: Hops; in place, his tails spin rapidly as if he were coptering. Enemies may get caught in the tails similarly to Sonic’s up smash. Inspiration: Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Nair: Does a ‘720’, hitting enemies directly in front of behind with his tails. (Similar to the way Kirby swings his hammer while airborne.) Source: Sonic Battle

Fair: Flips forward, slapping enemies downward with his tails. *This ones kinda hard to describe. I’ll see if I can find a video link of him doing it. Source: Sonic Battle

DAir: Appears to be coptering, points his arm cannon thing downward. An energy shot appears directly in front of the barrel but does not fire. Enemies hit react as if hit with a powerful electrical attack (ie. Pikachu’s Thunder). Very powerful but difficult to land. Inspiration: Sonic Battle

UAir: Basically Ice Climper’s UTilt only airborne (obviously). Inspiration: Tail’s Adventure Edit: I could be wrong but I think King Dedede’s UAir is exactly what I’m talking about, lol.

BAir: Propels slightly backward, spinning his tails. Enemies may once again get caught as in USmash. Inspiration: Any Sonic game where Tails runs ever.

OR BAir: Tails come together, just like UTilt, and stab backward. No Source

FThrow: Does a ‘360’, slapping the enemy away with his tails.

UThrow: Carries the opponent into the air while coptering, then slams them down. Source: Sonic the Fighters

DThrow: Keep it the same as Sonic’s. Source: Sonic the Hedgehog 2

BThrow: Throws behind and slaps the enemy away with his tails.

Did I forget anything? Be sure and let me know what you think! No offence will be taken if you think each and every one is utterly horrible :D

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Ew, dont use Partial Size mod. Glitches everywhere. Ask Fortwaffles about Vertex Hacking.
Will do! ;)

*wall of text*
Just a side note: I think at this point, a playstyle for Tails should be made...maybe you can specify which moves should be kill moves.

Maybe the Dtilt could be like ZSS's dsmash.

And are the fthrow and bthrow kinda similar?

Awesome ideas, though!

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Bump. Just getting the thread up and moving again.

Should the plasma cannon be chargeable? Right now, it isn't.

And I think Tails was sent to Kryal to have his texture fixed.

Anyway, if nobody has suggestions left, I'll start working on some of the ideas here.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I believe it does...

But you should change the subactions that I used for the B moves to something else.

If it still doesn't work, I'll get back to finishing it up, because that would help out a lot of people.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Sonic Battle and Sonic the fighters are your friends lol. Especially sonic battle.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I agree, and also sonic advance. Dair should be Tails' "Down R" move in sonic advance 2, where he flies downward with his limbs spread out, like sky diving.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Will do! ;)

Just a side note: I think at this point, a playstyle for Tails should be made...maybe you can specify which moves should be kill moves.

Maybe the Dtilt could be like ZSS's dsmash.

And are the fthrow and bthrow kinda similar?

Awesome ideas, though!
I think his playstyle would work a lot like Toon Link's; with moves aren't too powerful, but he has useful projectiles, good combo potential, and a few reliable killing moves. I think a speed and weight similar to his would be appropriate too.

These ideas were just some that I came up with, and not necessarily thought out to work together to form a fully rounded character.

I like your idea for a DTilt. I think that his B sould not be chargable, but have a lag too fire to make up for it, but thats just one's oppinion. Also, in his FAir I forgot to mention it was a spike.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Sonic Battle and Sonic the fighters are your friends lol. Especially sonic battle.
I saw a vid of Sonic the Fighters. Tails kept using the same moves...
I agree, and also sonic advance. Dair should be Tails' "Down R" move in sonic advance 2, where he flies downward with his limbs spread out, like sky diving.
I'll do that then.

I think his playstyle would work a lot like Toon Link's; with moves aren't too powerful, but he has useful projectiles, good combo potential, and a few reliable killing moves. I think a speed and weight similar to his would be appropriate too.

These ideas were just some that I came up with, and not necessarily thought out to work together to form a fully rounded character.

I like your idea for a DTilt. I think that his B sould not be chargable, but have a lag too fire to make up for it, but thats just one's oppinion. Also, in his FAir I forgot to mention it was a spike.
Oh, okay.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm LOVING playing as Faith, but I have a few helpful (hopefully) suggestions.

Increasing the window of opportunity to reflect/counter with her vB. It's proving VERY difficult to get the timing just right, but that might just be me.

I would also increase the size, duration or number of hitboxes for the ^B, so that it may be able to act as an offensive move, and aid in recovery a bit more.

Finally, the >B is giving me some problems; the description in the OP is an intricate combo move if the roll connects, but all I seem to be getting is this:

roll>connect>stun (similar to Zamus nB or downSmash)>Faith ends up behind the stunned character>back kick>enemy recieves knockback>end

Are you supposed to grab the enemy during their stun-time, and then the throw/laser animation will go through?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I'm LOVING playing as Faith, but I have a few helpful (hopefully) suggestions.

Increasing the window of opportunity to reflect/counter with her vB. It's proving VERY difficult to get the timing just right, but that might just be me.

I would also increase the size, duration or number of hitboxes for the ^B, so that it may be able to act as an offensive move, and aid in recovery a bit more.

Finally, the >B is giving me some problems; the description in the OP is an intricate combo move if the roll connects, but all I seem to be getting is this:

roll>connect>stun (similar to Zamus nB or downSmash)>Faith ends up behind the stunned character>back kick>enemy recieves knockback>end

Are you supposed to grab the enemy during their stun-time, and then the throw/laser animation will go through?
Oh, well, the side B was changed a bit from the suggestion...because I don't believe pseudo-grabs are possible yet.

Thanks for the other suggestions, though!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I think I've pinned the down B problem a little better:
She strikes the defensive pose, then for a few frames, she is vulnerable and open to any attack, then the reflective property kicks in and fades out again. So, if you ever update/improve her, I'd make it come out the instant she takes the defensive stance? I'm not suggesting making it lag free, just easier to use.
I have been able to reflect projectiles semi-consistently, but I've yet to see the counter aspect of the move succeed.

And thank YOU for creating this PSA!
I'm in love.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I think I've pinned the down B problem a little better:
She strikes the defensive pose, then for a few frames, she is vulnerable and open to any attack, then the reflective property kicks in and fades out again. So, if you ever update/improve her, I'd make it come out the instant she takes the defensive stance? I'm not suggesting making it lag free, just easier to use.
I have been able to reflect projectiles semi-consistently, but I've yet to see the counter aspect of the move succeed.

And thank YOU for creating this PSA!
I'm in love.
I'll try to do that, but from the coding, I can't locate the problem immediately.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Wait, how is Tails spreading his arms and legs out a dair? Does he fly downward, or should it be a nair? Because it it hit around him, that's more nair-like.

Anyway, I'm doing the animations right now. I usually do the PSA part after.

And should the up-B have some king of restriction on the amount of bombs you can drop? Right now, if you mash B, there's quite a bit of bombs.

And I'm also making Tails' Airplane a stage ('cuz all chars deserve a stage).

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Wait, how is Tails spreading his arms and legs out a dair? Does he fly downward, or should it be a nair? Because it it hit around him, that's more nair-like.

Anyway, I'm doing the animations right now. I usually do the PSA part after.

And should the up-B have some king of restriction on the amount of bombs you can drop? Right now, if you mash B, there's quite a bit of bombs.

And I'm also making Tails' Airplane a stage ('cuz all chars deserve a stage).
He goes into an "x" position, and thrusts himself downward. Yeah, I could see that as a N-air too I suppose...

Maybe up to 3 bombs?

Its called the Tornado :3

phate

Smash Apprentice
Tails' playstyle could be unique and cool if his aerial mobility matches the 2d Sonic games. Would it be possible to make his jumping similar to that? Maybe something like 6 jumps that last kinda long and he would have a lot of DI for mobility in the air. I think he should play with low KO potential but with great aerial mobility, projectiles and combo ability he would be a good character in the right hands. I also had moveset ideas, so just compare with what other ideas are out there and make the best one.

So Anyway: (I don't know PSA at all so I'm not sure how realistic this will be.)

-Jab: Punch-Kick (Sonic The Fighters) 3% (punch) 5% (Kick)

-Side Tilt: Tails spins and does a tail swipe (Sonic Advance) 10% (In "trunk of the tail") or 6% with the outer area of the tail. Good for spacing with decent knockback (For a f-tilt anyway.)

-Up Tilt: Same as Sonic 7% Sonic's move but faster and weaker.

-Down Tilt: Spin with tails/legs hitting low (Sonic The Fighters) 5% May trip the opponent, spammable (Sort of)

-Dash Attack: He turns around performs a horse kick (Sonic The Fighters) 10% gives much needed breathing room.

-Forward Smash: Hammer swing (Tails Adventures) 16% (Sweetspot) 10% (Sourspot)

-Up Smash: A boxing glove comes out of the ground in front of him (Sonic Battle) 12% Not a KO move by any means, but rather an attempt to get the opponent in the air.

-Down Smash: Spin around (Sonic Adventure) 14% Good knockback, potential KO move

Aerial Move Overview: Tails would function with great DI in the air with his jumps and combo very well horizontally while in the air.

-Neutral Air: Spins around with tails hitting all sides of him (Sonic Battle) Decent knockback that can be utilized in edge guarding. 10%

-Forward Air: Kind of a push or tackle (Sonic The Fighters) 7% Light move similar to ROB's f-air, may be chained, although not as efficiently as ROB.

-Back Air: Kick kinda like DK's 8%(no sweetspot) 11% (With sweetspot). Potential KO move

-Up Air: His tails spin a little faster, forcing the opponent above tails to get hit with a very weak semi spike that puts the opponent on either side of tails in order to follow up with another aerial. 1-5% (Based on number of hits) weak attack with little lag
-Down Air: Tails flails his arms and legs to do damage 12% (All Hits) No significant knockback, but could be used to eat up shields a bit.

-Neutral B: Tails' arm cannon shoots forward for grinding damage (like screwball) knocking the enemy straight up.

-Neutral B (in air): Shoots cannon shot at a downward angle

-Side B: Bomb (like you said) but it would be cool to have a small chance of the bomb being napalm, meaning it would have a fire effect that drags on the floor for a few feet (Tails Adventures)

-Up B: Like Sonic's up-b but with only half the height and half the damage of the spring. 2% Can be used for edge guarding.

-Down B: I have no idea lol

Forward Throw: Two handed push kinda like Lucario's f-throw. 6% and meant to get the opponent off the edge for an edge guarding attempt or just to give some breathing room.

Back Throw: Not sure either :[

Down Throw: Very similar to Mewtwo's down throw from Melee in appearance (Sonic Battle) 5% The throw would put the opponent on the ground. Can be teched, but there is room to punish if the opponent messes up.

Up Throw: Tails flies up holding the enemy and drops them (Sonic The Fghters) 9% and able to be teched.

To sum it up, I think Tails would be as creative and true to his character as possible if he was made a light character with low kill potential, but great aerial combos mixed up with strange gadgets. I hope this helps in some way and keep up the good work.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
He goes into an "x" position, and thrusts himself downward. Yeah, I could see that as a N-air too I suppose...

Maybe up to 3 bombs?

Its called the Tornado :3
Oh, yeah. I forgot that it was called the Tornado.

*another wall of text*

I guess I'll incorporate a few of those into the moveset. Thx for the suggestions!

EDIT: I was gonna do the up smash, but does anyone know what looks like those boxing gloves?

(I'm guessing it's these
.)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah. I forgot that it was called the Tornado.

I guess I'll incorporate a few of those into the moveset. Thx for the suggestions!

EDIT: I was gonna do the up smash, but does anyone know what looks like those boxing gloves?

(I'm guessing it's these
.)
I think if you can use Link's Clawshot? and then like your method with Silver and Tails, use Little Mac with a Large Hand sticking up and the rest of his body is super small.

Miszi

Smash Rookie
wow all those hacks looks really cool. I haven't tried metal sonic PSA yet but it seem to be real funky. The olny thing that bugs me is the textures for silver and tails, they look real weird, is there any problem fixing them?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
wow all those hacks looks really cool. I haven't tried metal sonic PSA yet but it seem to be real funky. The olny thing that bugs me is the textures for silver and tails, they look real weird, is there any problem fixing them?
Silver (Knuckles, and Shadow) had a fix, by mastaklo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dadjzij2dg

I think if you can use Link's Clawshot? and then like your method with Silver and Tails, use Little Mac with a Large Hand sticking up and the rest of his body is super small.
That would increase the file size too much. I'm pushing the limit as is, after getting a whole plane inside Sonic's file.

However, I did it with 2D effects.

Every char deserves their own stage.

And this is Tails' stage.

Using his FS here looks ridiculous.

Kinda off-topic, though.

Anyway, I'm finishing up the f-tilt (a clap), up-smash (
) and a mess of other things.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Just stopping in to say I really enjoy your work!

Metal Sonic's neutral B is REALLY odd in the air. He'll sometimes float upward or downward, and he'll always stop his momentum.
I can also only get his down-B to reflect other Metal Sonic shots..? Everything else hits him.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Silver (Knuckles, and Shadow) had a fix, by mastaklo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dadjzij2dg

That would increase the file size too much. I'm pushing the limit as is, after getting a whole plane inside Sonic's file.

However, I did it with 2D effects.

Every char deserves their own stage.

And this is Tails' stage.

Using his FS here looks ridiculous.

Kinda off-topic, though.

Anyway, I'm finishing up the f-tilt (a clap), up-smash (
) and a mess of other things.
Is the stage animated? Or does the plane just float?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
The stage will be released in the same package as Tails (just to tempt you). It's over FD right now, but I'll try to port it to GHZ to delete all traces of Sonic.

And here's some Tails pictures. Just so I don't take up too much room, I'll stuff them in a spoiler.

dair

side B (C.Falcon's about to get it)

Up Smash (Turned out really well)

Is the stage animated? Or does the plane just float?
Green Hill Zone slowly spins around in the background, giving the effect that the plane circles the island.

I love all of your work, I SO wish I knew how to use the downloads though!
...use the downloads? :confused:

pikapi02

Smash Rookie
The stage will be released in the same package as Tails (just to tempt you). It's over FD right now, but I'll try to port it to GHZ to delete all traces of Sonic.

And here's some Tails pictures. Just so I don't take up too much room, I'll stuff them in a spoiler.

dair

side B (C.Falcon's about to get it)

Up Smash (Turned out really well)

Green Hill Zone slowly spins around in the background, giving the effect that the plane circles the island.

...use the downloads? :confused:
Nevermind, I ment that I cant download themm.

XmewtwoX

Smash Rookie
woah that silver looks amazing :O
do u have alternate textures for it? (like team colors)

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
how come mastalko didn't fix tails' textures? either way that stuff is awesome haha lovin the up smash sticker xD

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
woah that silver looks amazing :O
do u have alternate textures for it? (like team colors)
No, but that would be nice!

how come mastalko didn't fix tails' textures? either way that stuff is awesome haha lovin the up smash sticker xD
His solution didn't work on Tails, but it worked on everyone else...:(

I believe the new Brawlbox's solution didn't work either.

Just stopping in to say I really enjoy your work!

Metal Sonic's neutral B is REALLY odd in the air. He'll sometimes float upward or downward, and he'll always stop his momentum.
I can also only get his down-B to reflect other Metal Sonic shots..? Everything else hits him.
I should quote these compliments in the OP. :laugh:

I believe that momentum stuff is hard-coded into Brawl. In fact, Tails' Neutral B is having the same problem.

I reflected some of Falco's lasers...

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
darn thats a bummer... lol either way ill be sure to use tails when you get a beta out, looking weird or not its still awesome xD

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Mr.Weegee!!
I think your stage can be used as a tourney replacement for GHZ!!
I think this would go great in Brawl+ like Venom :D

Hmm thinking twice about that since it has walls and stuff

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
darn thats a bummer... lol either way ill be sure to use tails when you get a beta out, looking weird or not its still awesome xD
Nice to know!

Mr.Weegee!!
I think your stage can be used as a tourney replacement for GHZ!!
I think this would go great in Brawl+ like Venom :D

Hmm thinking twice about that since it has walls and stuff
It's certainly better than GHZ.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that it'll be released with Tails?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
A Knuckles is possible, right? And a Shadow? Not trying to sound like some overdemanding idiot, I just need to know this.

Is there a way to add polygons to the Green Hill stage? The place looks so ugly and incomplete from behind.

Lastly, since Sakurai said that he was trying to give that Genesis feel to Brawl Sonic, could you use some ripped Sonic 2 textures for the Tornado? It'd go perfectly with Green Hill Zone.

HanzMcGiggles

Smash Rookie
Just saying I'm behind the Tails project 100%. Tails is my favorite Sonic character and I'm getting tired of playing as a substandard Tails Fox. Keep it up.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
A Knuckles is possible, right? And a Shadow? Not trying to sound like some overdemanding idiot, I just need to know this.

Is there a way to add polygons to the Green Hill stage? The place looks so ugly and incomplete from behind.

Lastly, since Sakurai said that he was trying to give that Genesis feel to Brawl Sonic, could you use some ripped Sonic 2 textures for the Tornado? It'd go perfectly with Green Hill Zone.

No for the 1st question.

A maybe on the 2nd. I'll give it a try.

Just saying I'm behind the Tails project 100%. Tails is my favorite Sonic character and I'm getting tired of playing as a substandard Tails Fox. Keep it up.
:)

Hopefully you like it!

Or fanboys will attack me from all sides...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Oh, I didn't see the questions about Knuckles and Shadow. Yes, you can make them, and as an added bonus, everyone but Tails got their textures fixed by mastaklo.

Knuckles

http://www.mediafire.com/?nxdmntznmun

Shadow

No Shadow DL

If you give me the texture sheet for his plane, I'll make one for you.
Just the texture sheet, or the whole stage?

I can do both, but I'd probably send the stage over PM.

Top Bottom