• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.Weegee's PSA gallery! (Huh? Silver?!?)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Either one. If you can think of a level in any Sonic game that suits Tails well that could use the Green Hill model, I can recreate it for you.

Also, I could try to style his stage like the Genisis Tornado, and the Final Smash to look like the more modern Tornado so it doesn't look as "ridiculous" as you said. :p

If you want to send me the entire stage and character, that's fine, and I'll compile it into a file for you to put out for download. Or, if you're worried about a leak (which I wouldn't do), you could send me the texture sheets for the Final Smash Tornado and the Tornado stage and I'll let you compile them into the pac.

However, if we do it the latter way, can you send me his entire TextureData[0]? I want to see if I can mess around with the textures and get them to work, but it'd probably be easier with the whole FitSonic.pac and FitSonic00.pac.

Thanks, and great job on Knuckles; my brother's going to crap himself when he comes home (Knuckles is his favorite)!

EDIT: I just got a dump of Tails' GameCube Tornado textures for his Final Smash, the Sonic 3 Tornado, and Angel Island Zone for the stage the Tornado is flying around. I'll have the Brawl versions ready within a day or so of the time you send them to me. Sorry for all this text.

Zebia

Smash Rookie
You got any videos or pictures of Faith in action? I didn't see any in the OP and I wanted to check them out before getting the character.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Either one. If you can think of a level in any Sonic game that suits Tails well that could use the Green Hill model, I can recreate it for you.

Also, I could try to style his stage like the Genisis Tornado, and the Final Smash to look like the more modern Tornado so it doesn't look as "ridiculous" as you said. :p

If you want to send me the entire stage and character, that's fine, and I'll compile it into a file for you to put out for download. Or, if you're worried about a leak (which I wouldn't do), you could send me the texture sheets for the Final Smash Tornado and the Tornado stage and I'll let you compile them into the pac.

However, if we do it the latter way, can you send me his entire TextureData[0]? I want to see if I can mess around with the textures and get them to work, but it'd probably be easier with the whole FitSonic.pac and FitSonic00.pac.

Thanks, and great job on Knuckles; my brother's going to crap himself when he comes home (Knuckles is his favorite)!

EDIT: I just got a dump of Tails' GameCube Tornado textures for his Final Smash, the Sonic 3 Tornado, and Angel Island Zone for the stage the Tornado is flying around. I'll have the Brawl versions ready within a day or so of the time you send them to me. Sorry for all this text.
I'll send you the whole Tails DL with the stage and char, then. As soon as I get the files together.

You got any videos or pictures of Faith in action? I didn't see any in the OP and I wanted to check them out before getting the character.
No...but I wish all of my hacks had videos. I can't make them, but if I could, I would.

As for pics...I have one, but it's not posted. If you really want them, I guess I can go take them.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Cool. Since "Every character deserves his own stage," I'll try to make something original for those other three guys. I'm going to play some Sonic 3 & Knuckles to get an idea of a stage for him, but I haven't played Sonic 2006, so I know nothing about Silver.

Shadow though, I have an idea...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Sent the PM.

Cool. Since "Every character deserves his own stage," I'll try to make something original for those other three guys. I'm going to play some Sonic 3 & Knuckles to get an idea of a stage for him, but I haven't played Sonic 2006, so I know nothing about Silver.

Shadow though, I have an idea...
You could ask a Silver fanboy and get a stage quickly.

Oh, and does anyone know how to vertex edit?

If so, I have a request (not Tails's proportions, although that would be nice). If you do it, I'll finish it with the best PSA hacking skillz I have. And I already have a bunch of manly ideas for moves.

Nolan from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn!

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
WARNING: Long Message Approaching

Hi, I'm InTrepidCognito. I guess me and Mr. Weegee are kind of working on this together, and this is my first full-fledged texture hack. I think it turned out pretty good for only using Paint.NET :laugh:

It's done, but I'm still willing to tweak anything on it. I'll be working on the Final Smash next.

It's Angel Island Zone!

The Tornado even looks like it's from the Genesis days while it circles around the stage.

You can even see the layers of forest in the background.

The Tornado textures look a bit stretched because of the shape of the plane.

Well, that's it for that. Feedback would be appreciated. I'm also working on Tails' Final Smash; it's going to have a more modern Tornado feel to it.

Download will probably be up soon for all four NPC Sonic characters, so just wait a little longer. ;)

Should I make some songs to go with this stage, too? If so, which ones?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
^^^EPIC :D
As for songs, IDK. Maybe some Sonic 3 & Knuckles?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
It's good to see my work is appreciated! :D

I'm going to try to find some Sonic 3 remix music and make some BSRTMs out of that.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Very cool! SA was a VERY good game, that robo sonic thing in eggmans base (not metal sonic the one next to it that looks like a dark neo metal sonic texture of the metal sonic boss from sonic 2) still bugs me, maybe it was an alpha design of neo metal sonic?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
dang.

It's good to see my work is appreciated! :D

I'm going to try to find some Sonic 3 remix music and make some BSRTMs out of that.
The only remixes I can find are 'dance mixes' *shudders* and way too intense for this stage boss mixes. Anyways, if you decide to use any original game music, I think these fit best .

Flying Battery Zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7hdIh-gtw&feature=related
Mystic Cave Zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVEyGntyOZQ&feature=related
I Wanna Fly High Instramental (Tails' theme) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZlkI_2GJY&feature=related

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
I think you should make the texture along Tails' stage a bit bigger. The sprites look good up close, but since you'll be seeing it from afar it looks a bit messy and hard to make out. I wasn't even sure what it was from until you mentioned, and then I saw the zoomed in and it looked perfect. Still though, from that distance I think it would look better and more distinguishable as Angel Island Zone.
Also FS looks epic, just wish there was some way to atleast hide the platforms...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Oh yes.

I've been looking for a good version of this, seeing as how it's Tails' theme, but I'm not so fond of the lyrics... or the girl singing it. I didn't know the Adventure 2 version sounded so good; I thought they just copy/pasted the themes from Adventure 1 to Adventure 2.

I'll be sure to release some BSRTMs now that I've got that.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I think you should make the texture along Tails' stage a bit bigger. The sprites look good up close, but since you'll be seeing it from afar it looks a bit messy and hard to make out. I wasn't even sure what it was from until you mentioned, and then I saw the zoomed in and it looked perfect. Still though, from that distance I think it would look better and more distinguishable as Angel Island Zone.
Also FS looks epic, just wish there was some way to atleast hide the platforms...
Double post fail.

Anyways, it looks a lot better in game; looking back at those pictures it looks sort of moldy. I think it's just the PNG quality making it look bad. :p

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
It is worth it. Frankly, the thing looks ridiculous with the platforms- it would look better without, even if it doesn't have wings and wheels anymore, it has the propeller and looks much better.

Eh...

Also, here: BRSTMs.

It Doesn't Matter (over Right There, Ride On) From: Sonic Adventure
Can You Feel the Sunshine? (Instrumental) (over Super Sonic Racing) From: Sonic R
Believe in Myself (Instrumental) (over Sonic Boom) From: Sonic Adventure 2
Angel Island Zone Act II (over Green Hill Zone) From: Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Angel Island Zone Remix that's already on Brawl fits the stage well, too.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Awesome FS!

Also FS looks epic, just wish there was some way to at least hide the platforms...
Vertex editing is the only way I know.

So...an overview of new Tails moves:

Fair: a push forward.
Bair: a backwards kick, more like DK's than Sonic's
Fsmash completed, along with sweetspot placing.

Uair: not done...

Fthrow:

And more, but I don't have time.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Idea for his Down-B:

It has to be a Spin Dash. Tails really does need one, but it could be slightly altered from Sonic's. For example, say it's not as fast and a lot less powerful as his, but the hits while charging it or jumping while doing it make up for it (3% on ground, 15% in air, 9-10% while charging).

EDIT: That alternate texture is alright, but not much was changed. The only difference I see are in the shoes. I'd recomend doing a bit more to it and then re-releasing it.

EDIT2: I guess everyone loves Realm of Falcon.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
It's one of the FitSonicEnv textures. Just mess with that a bit...

Should I release Tails exclusively to a few beta testers, or just release him publicly (when I'm done)?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Are beta testers neccesary? I think you should wait.

Also, click here for Knuckles' stage preview.

Anyone have an idea for a Silver stage (I've never played Sonic '06)?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Beta testers. Could I please be one of them? I've been a Tails fan since I was in preschool. I'd love to play as him.

Edit: Ninja'd.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess. Just in case no one noticed, I edited my post above with a preview for a Knuckles stage. Weegee, have you already started texturing his FThrow? If not, I could do it for you and not seem like an *** this time. :laugh:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
i had made a silver texture too but he is beyond pink in game

also brawl silver

sorry for spammin up your thread mr.weegee
that stage is looking good :o

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Thanks, and that Silver texture is great! Sorry I dissed it like that...

There IS a pink fix, I forgot what it was or where I found it though. :/ I remember someone remade Androu1's Metal Sonic with it, though.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess. Just in case no one noticed, I edited my post above with a preview for a Knuckles stage. Weegee, have you already started texturing his FThrow? If not, I could do it for you and not seem like an *** this time. :laugh:
I used his hand for the fthrow, because it can detach from his body.

i had made a silver texture too but he is beyond pink in game

*epic pics*

sorry for spammin up your thread mr.weegee
that stage is looking good :o
It's too bad the pink has to ruin things...

Tails just becomes slightly more orange in that area.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Thanks, and that Silver texture is great! Sorry I dissed it like that...

There IS a pink fix, I forgot what it was or where I found it though. :/ I remember someone remade Androu1's Metal Sonic with it, though.
lol when did you diss it o.o

if you ever remember where you saw it lemme know

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
That alternate texture is alright, but not much was changed. The only difference I see are in the shoes.
This is when I dissed it.

Hey, Weegee, I have an idea for his Final Smash: when you're using the plane and it gets stuck in the ground, can there be a button (probably A) that moves it to the nearest target? Just an idea, I don't know how hard it would be to code something like that.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was the wrong guy. Sorry StarWaffle.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
This is when I dissed it.

Hey, Weegee, I have an idea for his Final Smash: when you're using the plane and it gets stuck in the ground, can there be a button (probably A) that moves it to the nearest target? Just an idea, I don't know how hard it would be to code something like that.

EDIT: Oh wait, that was the wrong guy. Sorry StarWaffle.
Moves it to the nearest target? I don't believe that there is a (known) code for that yet.

Top Bottom