• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP 3 - July 26th Charleston, IL First Circuit Event -come try out teh strikouts

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No they aren't

I used to bring five TVs. Uphill. In the snow. Both ways.

Vro

Smash Lord
Just curious, is there a train station nearby? Perhaps one that runs to Chicago?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
There should be a train that goes to Charleston, I can check for you Vro!

By the way, I talked to my friend who plays Brawl, we're both in =D

brickman

Smash Lord
You can take a train from Chicago to Champaign (twenty minutes from Charleston). Maybe you all could set up a car system from there.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
champaign is an hour from charleston.

if you take a train, go to mattoon IL, i know theres a train station there for sure, i've been to it, it's about 15 miles from my apartment.

if anyones taking a train, let me know when it arrives so we can arrange a ride for you.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
No Jab or D-Tilt locks?

G&W D-tilt against the wall takes opponents into triple didgits, but it isnt infinate. Are you saying that isnt legal???

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Did you seriously try to pseudo-ban chaingrabbing? Where did you get these rules? That 3x/10s sounds totally unenforceable anyway.

I don't know how bad wall-pinning is. Can't you DI out of that (I know you can get out of Pikachu's, at least)?

Oh, and I don't suppose there's any chance of putting Delfino in the random stages?

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
I may be blind, but I don't think i saw any of these on the first post: what time can we show up? What time does the tourney start (I assume doubles is first)? And what is the time limit on each match?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1. Intentional glitching or abusing in game mechanics will result first in a warning, then a DQ. this includes moves that immobilize a character by pinning them against a wall.
2. Chain Grabbing will be limited to 3 grabs every 10 seconds. note, tech following is not chain grabbing, and is an easily distinguishable characteristic. if a situation would happen to occur that this becomes an issue, a runner of the tournament may be called over to further investigate the situation and appropriate consequences will be issued. NOTE: this rule is subject to change, but will not do so without the entire tournament being informed at the point in time.
3. Incorrectly ending a Game will result in a Forfeit.
Well, not going to this one.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
TJ is a reasonable guy. I'm guessing he copied these rules from somewhere, and he's probably open to making changes.

Sliq

Smash Master
Yeah, these rules are pretty ********. Chain grabbing isn't that stupid unless it is walk off ledges, and no neutral has those, and wall infinites are the same as they were in Melee, and also not on any neutral. The only real thing that would be remotely bannable is Dedede's standing infinites on DK, Luigi, Samus, Mario, and Bowser, since this can be done at anytime on any stage, and even this hasn't proven to be gamebreaking so much as incredible lame.

Furthermore, the Ice Climbers basically suck without chain grabbing, and that is hard to do and does like no damage after medium damage.

I'm pretty vocal about the amount of gay in Brawl, but even these rules are a little ridiculous.

iao

Smash Rookie
Might drive down to this one, looks like a fun tourney. Would love to prove I have one of the best Marths in the Midwest...

Don't ban or semi ban chaingrabbing, it's only going to cause a bunch of bull.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i'll fix the rules some, and kel has already spoken to me about doing so in the first place.

it says theyre subject to change :p

and yes andy, that was my pitiful attempt at pseudobanning chain grabbing. in my opinion, if you can't di and get out of it, it should not be legal... the rest is the persons fault who's getting grabbed for not di'ing.

anyway, they'll be updated after i speak with kel tonight

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I figured that would cause a riot and it did. Hopefully it didnt turn people off...

Eww at Rainbow Cruise and Pirate ship, but if everyone else likes them, thats fine.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Cleveland Crew is coming out for this if we can get housing, we can bring 4-5 if you can house all of us, but we definitely want to come out for this.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I was invited to this thread. My views are welcome, if not encouraged. And, seriously, don't call me a fanboy. I'm a fanman.

Since I don't want to suffer the wrath of mods or people of the like, I'll take this opportunity to apologize to TJ for posting unpopular views in his thread. I don't mean to spam things up, but I'm MW.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Me: That character existed before Brawl

Random *******: Yeah, but now they call him Toon Link. So, as you can see, it's different.

Me: *slams head into keyboard and prays for humanity*

nojoes

Smash Ace
1) That's your avatar.

2) Look to the right of your name, that's your main icon.

3) You're childish and probably a pansy in real life, talk like that to my face, we'll see where it leads.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
i'm going to try to come to this depending on if i can find someone to go with me/ find a ride. hopefully it won't be to hard to do since my place is pretty much on the way from chicago plus i'm willing to help with gas. (plus its so boring going by myself with no radio)

oh and if anyone is willing to offer, just send me a pm. i live in yorkville, IL

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Wait, let me see if I've got this right:

I'm childish and a pansy in real life, yet you're the one challenging someone you don't know to a fight over comments on message boards. Does this make sense to anyone expect this guy?

Top Bottom