• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSU Weeklies+Monthlies: 4/21/11

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
WTF, I was hounding the this forum for a while and didn't see jack ****. The moment I let up you guys make a thread and it explodes. Poo on you and all your families!

I can't wait for this tournament. I'm gonna head out here in a couple of hours to get down there.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey everyone who came out to the last biweekly, thanks for doing that! It was a lot of fun :D Our next one will be on January 8th I believe. As it gets closer I'll confirm, but for now that's what we're going with.

But yeah, sorry about the low turnout. Next one will be more hyped (we might be getting Memphis to show up!) and won't be during one of the most busy weekends on campus. Definitely try to show up for our next one, it's going to be really big! :D

In other news, we may end up switching this to monthlies. Discuss?

Winnar

Smash Lord
yes yes yes yes yes :D

Edit - So guys since there is now interest and stuff and I don't play brawl much anymore...Help me with the stages?

I took out most of the weird neutrals the BBR recommended, but I can go back to official BBR recommended stages if dudes want.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Hey! I love this idea... especially the biweeklies since I can't make it every week. We've actually been talking about doing the same thing (biweeklies). I'd definitely be interested in coming down on January 8 for the biweekly.

@Winnar: Btw, if you are thinking about switching this to monthly, we could, instead, do a alternating biweekly (one at MSU, then on in Memphis). Just a thought, it would give everybody a chance to meet the two different smash scenes in the midsouth.

You can count me in for Brawl (I don't play Melee... sorry :awesome:), and I'll talk to Talon, Tatsu, Tetsu, Jester, Warpd, T-Man, IHSB, Ambix, Iori, and everyone else tomorrow at our weekly smashfest about comin down on Jan. 8 for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

AND... I can bring a setup for Melee and Brawl so... GC, Wii, 2 TV's. We have like 4 stored TV's here if we can find a way to transport them down there for the day.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah hopefully, we might be getting a really legit turnout for it :D

btw guys I'm not ignoring vue lol, we started chatting in PMs

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Hey! I love this idea... especially the biweeklies since I can't make it every week. We've actually been talking about doing the same thing (biweeklies). I'd definitely be interested in coming down on January 8 for the biweekly.

@Winnar: Btw, if you are thinking about switching this to monthly, we could, instead, do a alternating biweekly (one at MSU, then on in Memphis). Just a thought, it would give everybody a chance to meet the two different smash scenes in the midsouth.

You can count me in for Brawl (I don't play Melee... sorry :awesome:), and I'll talk to Talon, Tatsu, Tetsu, Jester, Warpd, T-Man, IHSB, Ambix, Iori, and everyone else tomorrow at our weekly smashfest about comin down on Jan. 8 for sure. I'm looking forward to it.

AND... I can bring a setup for Melee and Brawl so... GC, Wii, 2 TV's. We have like 4 stored TV's here if we can find a way to transport them down there for the day.
I call shotgun.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Haha Jman is in New York and Kage is in Canada

beyond that there isn't much reasoning

just for fun :D

Winnar

Smash Lord
It's a one day thing. I think we're going to cut out brawl doubles, maybe even brawl singles. Not sure, but we aren't getting ANY interest in brawl singles.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
awesome; well not really in the sense that theres not a lot of interest in brawl..... not that it really bothers me...

... anyways... yay for melee tounrey :D gonna make up some fake excuse for a day off; >_> like a weddin or something... probably say i'm goin to see my friend who's birthday is 1/7

<_< so is the titleof this thread gonna change to 1/8/11 or we keeping it ?....

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
someone pointed it out earlier. i just pointin it out again. but yeah... i guess ill be checkin back here and tryin to learn my way there

3GOD

Smash Ace
I haven't played Smash in far too long. I think I'll go watch a Captain Falcon combo video. Wish I could be in Starkville when one of these happens.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I haven't played Smash in far too long. I think I'll go watch a Captain Falcon combo video. Wish I could be in Starkville when one of these happens.
3GOD!!! :D

How are things in Georgia? It's been forever D:

I'm thinking about going to a tournament near Atlanta (I almost with to tipped off 6 in Roswell), I'll let you know if we ever head over that way

3GOD

Smash Ace
3GOD!!! :D

How are things in Georgia? It's been forever D:

I'm thinking about going to a tournament near Atlanta (I almost with to tipped off 6 in Roswell), I'll let you know if we ever head over that way
Going great here! I've passed two of my four required qualifying exams and take another one in January. I am feeling like I might return to Melee a little bit, though I have limited free time obviously.

Also, I just discovered this so-called "Project M" which looks quite amazing. I hope it will pick up a good following.

Glad to see you guys are getting a slightly more organized scene together in Starkville.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Going great here! I've passed two of my four required qualifying exams and take another one in January. I am feeling like I might return to Melee a little bit, though I have limited free time obviously.

Also, I just discovered this so-called "Project M" which looks quite amazing. I hope it will pick up a good following.

Glad to see you guys are getting a slightly more organized scene together in Starkville.
Yeah I understand about free time stuff, grad school is no joke O:

Project M does look pretty cool, and I've heard nothing but good things from the people who've played it. Maybe it will be released one day.

Also most of us (if not all of us) play melee now. AL stopped hosting brawl tournaments near us and we got tired of playing brawl friendlies all the time. If/when we meet up again I'm sure all of us will be down for whatever game you want to play though.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so yeah; i told my boss i was gonna visitmy mom on the coast; so he said he'd help me get this day off.

good thing the dude is half way related to me >_>
blah; really can't wait fr this tourney; i'm gonna get owned pretty quick; but friendlies will be fun

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm interested in coming to this. School doesn't start until the 10th so I'll be completely free for this.

moooooooooogle?

Winnar

Smash Lord
yes yes yes yes yes

Both of you need to be at this! And moogle and hopefully chad and slano and anyone who can possibly make it out to this should be here :D

ilu

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
instant transmission........ if only, if only...

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
It's a one day thing. I think we're going to cut out brawl doubles, maybe even brawl singles. Not sure, but we aren't getting ANY interest in brawl singles.
If Brawl is completely cut out, Talon, T-Man, JesterKirby, and myself will not be there, plus there are plenty of other Brawl guys from memphis who should be coming! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! KEEP BRAWL! Pwetty Pweeze :)

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
don't really care if brawl happens or not as long as i can get some good melee play in i'm happy...

now time for work -_- btw; anyone heard he song Sails of Charon by the Scorpions? it's awesomeness >->

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
In Melee, I actually love Fox. Probably because he feels the closest to Brawl for some reason (and he's fast), and if he doesn't work I have to resort to the Kirbmeister or the Puff because they're sooooo weird to me that I don't have any 'brawl' habits with them.

I'm totally gonna bring my N64 and Smash Bros 64 for some friendlies. My Pikachu will consume your soul.

Top Bottom