• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSU Weeklies+Monthlies: 4/21/11

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Smash 64 is so gross... at least top tiers :p

I'm down for friendlies though, I'll have to remember to bring a controller I guess.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Smash 64 is so gross... at least top tiers :p

I'm down for friendlies though, I'll have to remember to bring a controller I guess.
I have 4 controllers in excellent condition, so as long as no one hurls it across the room in anger after I edge guard them with side smash, we can just use mine. :cool:

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I have 4 controllers in excellent condition, so as long as no one hurls it across the room in anger after I edge guard them with side smash, we can just use mine. :cool:
Oh baller status!

Do I smell a low tier side tourney? Everyone below Mario allowed :p

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
low tier tourney would bne awesome ... i placed third in last low tier.. not that there were many entrants... gw ***** my dk and then pika did the rest ... woe is me... or somethibg...
64 friendlies be cool. havent played that game since i was still in school..

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Personally, it's my favorite (64>Brawl>Melee)

And throws are so overpowered in it. If anyone is over 125%, just get on one side of the stage and give em a good toss into the wall of pain.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
@Yoma, I meant ssb64 low tier tourney lol, melee low tiers are so lame :bee:

@Vue, my list goes Melee>64>any brawl mod?>Brawl lol. Also, I seldom grab in ssb64 lolol. I feel like you're quite literally THROWING the fun of the game away =P

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
@Yoma, I meant ssb64 low tier tourney lol, melee low tiers are so lame :bee:

@Vue, my list goes Melee>64>any brawl mod?>Brawl lol. Also, I seldom grab in ssb64 lolol. I feel like you're quite literally THROWING the fun of the game away =P
You sir are a Pun Master. And a SSBB64 low tier tournament would be awesome, but who is actually in the low tier? Obviously Fox, Kirby, Pikachu, and Captain Falcon are out, but who else?

EDIT
I found my own anwer... here's the link: SSB64 Tier List. So basically, everyone except Pikachu, Fox, Kirby, Captain Falcon, AND Mario. So no Mario either unless we wanna say that Mario is the only mid-tier character allowed.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Oh baller status!

Do I smell a low tier side tourney? Everyone below Mario allowed :p

Yeah, no Mario just to be fair lol.

What are you bringing? just the n64/controllers/game? I can bring a TV and we can dedicate it to 64 if need be lol... Otherwise I probably won't bring the tv because it's a clunky CRT and it's in my room upstairs lol.

totally edited my post instead of quoting it at first rofl

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I have a small LCD widescreen that has about 2-5 frames of lag... It isn't a huge difference. I'm bringing 2 tv's, and 1 Melee setup, plus 1 brawl setup anyways. I'll bring the LCD and the N64+Controllers. It's just friendlies so the few frames of lag from the small LCD shouldn't be a huge deal.

The LCD literally has a handle on the back of it... It's screaming, "PLEASE TAKE ME! PLEASE!!!"

And I'll have to main someone besides Pikachu... Darn this...

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Did you not find his pun humorous? Do you disagree with his opinions? You provide nothing but a negative response about the entirety of this thread based on the opinions of one person. Oh, and I don't remember you posting that you are even coming so this side tourney doesn't even concern you. I have no idea who you are and I don't know why you are/were subscribed to this thread. But thanks for the bump, ******.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Puns.... Why?!

Did you not find his pun humorous? Do you disagree with his opinions? You provide nothing but a negative response about the entirety of this thread based on the opinions of one person. Oh, and I don't remember you posting that you are even coming so this side tourney doesn't even concern you. I have no idea who you are and I don't know why you are/were subscribed to this thread. But thanks for the bump, ******.
Lmfao, y u mad tho?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Hahahahahaha! This PunFest is becoming to rich for my blood. I might have to respectfully bow out. I think the competition is just too thick.

P.S. - I'm practicing my Donkey Kong powers. Beware the big man!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Straight trollan, bro.

But, wait, what happened with Jesus?

Lol, I'll go to a tourney eventually. Hold me to it, winnar.

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Straight trollan, bro.

But, wait, what happened with Jesus?

Lol, I'll go to a tourney eventually. Hold me to it, winnar.
Spoilers!
Jesus H. Christ was executed on a cross (similar to thousands of other executions at that time but this one was different). Jesus was simple man. His mother was a prostitute and his father a drunk but that didn't keep Jesus from pursuing carpentry. To his dismay, he was terrible at his craft and the Jews executed him and now we are free from sin.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i never did figure out what the H is for...

no, but what is so special about TODAY that had to do with Jesus?

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I'm excited to contribute to this.Vue Idc what anyone says,I call shotgun and we must listen to Bbi-bi-ri-ba the entire way to and from the trip or nothing matters to me at all.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I'm excited to contribute to this.Vue Idc what anyone says,I call shotgun and we must listen to Bbi-bi-ri-ba the entire way to and from the trip or nothing matters to me at all.
We will not listen to that insane song! Uh... Just thinking about it makes my head hurt... I can say the same thing over and over again too... But I don't call it singing lol.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
So this n64 side event business, want to just make it a plethora of friendlies instead? I'm not sure about timing and whatnot, and I'm sure Ryan doesn't want more work (not that I know how much work it'll be, just that I don't plan on doing anything ROFL).

Also, I can see interest getting a little much for 1 setup :bee:

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah the main problem with 64 is setups and controllers.

and time, we're already kind of pushing it as is

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, plus I don't wanna take all y'all's money :bee:

But still, friendlies galore once I don't make it out of pools, ;) deal?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Yeah, plus I don't wanna take all y'all's money :bee:

But still, friendlies galore once I don't make it out of pools, ;) deal?
Friendlies galore, and I'll make you eat those words. Literally I have been playing so much Smash 64 that I could not play Brawl at all today... My Brawl skills disappeared as soon as I played 64. I might go strictly Smash 64 from here on out for a while.

And, if anyone has a free $75, go to Nintendorepairshop.com and order a N64 w/ 2 controllers and Smash so we can play as much as we want from now on...

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
i have an n64 and smash 64, just balls terrible controllers. Pick up melee, bro! :bee:

inb4 "brawl skills?" =P
I play Melee a little bit. I can Wavedash every few tries, but I play with Fox and he's hard to learn lol.

If the joysticks are bad, just order new or refurbished ones from nintendorepairshop. I think theyre $8.99 a pop. And they're quality replacements.

And I have 4 good controllers so we could use your system and do sets of 1 vs. 1

Personally I'm happy that we have enough interest for more than 1 setup. If we have an extra tv, we can donate it to Smash 64. I already have one solely for that purpose.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I don't really wanna drop any money on n64 lol, maybe in the future...

I could bring a tv, but if you're bringing yours, I probably won't bring my setup.

I just don't like the idea of two Smash64 setups... There are already 4 tournaments going on (if you count singles and doubles separately) I think... I dunno, I just feel like one will be enough for friendlies.

Top Bottom