• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 6 - Rutherford, NC - April 14th

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
just got home... i beat LOZR in finals... i came back from losers bracket and beat him best out of 5 twice......., me and waters got second in teams... i would like to thank god and my family for making this possible

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT OUTS-

GAWes- Congradulations on winning singles dude!!! =). I gotta say, it was a real pleasure chilling with you, playing you, and watching you pwn like the entire room xD. BTW that Mike.G combo vid you showed me; that was HOT. I still need to watch it with the music playing, but I'll get to that later =P. Also, I hope you found the best possible use for those amazing 200 yen you got from me, LOL. Have fun at Initiation, and I'll see you at AWA2006 :D.
*PS, that was some EVIL tap resetting you had going on me xD. that was too hot for my eyes to watch, LOL*

LOZR- Dude, I gotta say, you are one awesome dude; you play the game for fun, and you play it well =). Your fox is like some rabid monkey trying to jump on my back and rip my spinal cord out xD. Good job on taking second and helping to represent Ashe County. Hopefully, next time all of you guys from ashe county can come and represent, which would be really cool =). I'm sure we'll see each other in the future; keeping playing until then and more, and I'll see you at the next MunkAid =).

Falter- T'was a pleasure playing you irl :). Haha, you're game was alittle off earlier in the day, but I watched you quickly make up for it, and start owning some peepz, which was rly c00l!! I was like, " good god, he wasn't this good 3 hours ago >.>" Keep playing that CF; I honestly see some potential in it :D. But yeah man, you were fun to hang with and play with. You're a good guy; I'll see you at the next munkaid as well :D.

GAPeach- Dang dawg, you were quite a challenge!! Sry we didn't get to finish our Peach Ditto that took 1,000,000 years to take off a stock, lol. Since at the time in which I stopped the match, and you had alittle more life than me, I'm giving the match to you. I'm glad to know you're going to awa; that means you and I have some competition for real =). Also, I really liked how you played Roy; I learned quite a bit from playing it, so I gotta thank you for broadening my knowledge of his capabilities. Overall, good matches, good fun =P. See you at AWA man; It's going to be awesome.

$SD- Good games dude. I'm glad I actually got to play you in real life; If only you hadn't beaten me with sheik , lol =). No matter though; I'll be way better come the next munkaid, so better prepare boi!!! :0 BTW, nice Samus you got going on there; keep playin dude =P. Also, congrats on placing in teams xD, that was cool. See you at MunkAid3!!!

Twig and Black Dolphin: Congradulations on taking first in teams!!!! You guys got me pretty bad, so I know I need to do better than that if I'm going to keep on representing this poor little state that I live in , LOL. This is why you'll be seeing me alot more at NC tournaments and such; I realize that even though I'm not exactly at your level yet, if I keep coming to these tournaments, trust me when I say I will be ;D. HOLYMARTH FTW :D. But yeah, meeting you two was awesome; keeping playing, keep living, and I'll play you two later ^_^.

MunkeyX 2G- THIS SMASHFEST MADE ME CREAM MY PANTS OMFG!!! :0 THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this tournament possible; Even though it was just a small get together, this was so much fun that I am MORE than willing to go to your future ones. Nice job on taking 2nd with Waters in teams. You were a great person, and the tournament ran fairly smoothly!!!! See you at the next Munkaid!!

I have more shout outs, but I'm too lazy to post them all, lol. I get everybody else in later =)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
seriously how hard is it to post resulst. I mean atleast top 3 in singles and teams because you have to know them.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
i updated the first post with results last night?.. but okay?
-Teams-
1st. Twig&Dolphin
2nd. Munkey&Waters
3rd. GAWes&Merc
4th. $SD&Brown
3rd. Merc
4th. Dolphin

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Ay yo peeps. SHOUTouts time

GAwes- dude im glad i got to play you some more finally. Your falcon/sheik are insane. Congrats man on winning the thing dude. I was just happy to get home lol and sleep. Looking forward man to playing you some more man very soon. Amma work on my sheik some to. Good games dude peace

Twig- Im porud of ya twig, 1st in teams son awesome job. We finally got to play some friendlies this time and thats good. Maybe you all can make it down to one of the rocky mount tourneys soon. The ride to TB was kewl lol. Catch you later man

Dolphin- U are the man dude. You drive crazy as crap tho lol. Was fun getting to play you again dude. My ganon got torn apart by urs. Congrats on 4th man and 1st in teams. Will be playing again with you soon.

Holymarth- well i finally got to play you some man. You are an awesome person and a dang good smasher. Way to come and represent your state man. I will be seeing you again soon at the next munkaid. peace man

Ali and peter- guys it was awesome playing you 2 again. You both have gotten a whole lot better. Sry ali we had to get paired up again in singles lol. But im glad you 2 made this one. You are some kewl cats and will be seeing you again soon at the next tourney.

Soberfox- man we didnt get to play much at this one man. We played a round in the singles tourney and that was it. At the next one we will try and fit in some more friendlies. Peace man

Brownguy- very nice marth dude. You got me in that mm. We never got to play many friendlies ether. Looking forward to playing you again soon dude. Oh and i shoulda walked ova to mcdz with you lol. Peace man

Falter- Well well we didnt do so fly in teams this time man but its all good. I think you got a lot better by just playing new ppl this time. Maybe will get em next time.

Munkey- Thx a lot for hosting this man. Munkaid is just 2 cool. Hopefully you guys wil make it to the next rocky mount tourney. and congrats on placing 2nd in teams. Will get our mm in next time. Peace man

Waters- well we didnt play much at all man, just 2 friendlies thats it. Very nice falcon dude keep it up. See ya soon peace.

$sD- man thx for cheering me on in the finals lol. We didnt play much at all together again. Maybe at the next munkaid we will get some more time. Oh and one day, ull get your revenge lol. Peace man

Everyone else i forgot. Good games and the tourney was awesome. Everyone posting here be sure to go to pacstrifes next tounrey in rocky mount whenever he gets a date down for september. its 6:00pm now and im just waking up lol. Amma go head out and play some ddr lol.

Peace, l0Zr=)

$sD

Smash Ace
if it helps me and tyler got 5th and twig and joel got 7th...

shouts maybe later

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Well peeps ive got news for ya. Im gunna be leaving ashe smash and im going to be living in rocky mount now with my grandparents. There are more jobs down there for me. So i will be joining crew YGO. Im going down there Sep. 5th. And from what i have heard sep. 23rd is when the rocky mount tourney is gunna be. They will be making thread bout it soon. So come and face us k thx.

Peace peeps and i will miss ashe smash.

l0zr=)

$sD

Smash Ace
ily munk.munkaid 2 was good...but it lacked the (Z?) munkaid 3 will be the best/final tourney

lozr are you going to the ATL tournies this weekend?

shoutouts soon maybe..had to show love for munkey..

Twiggy

Smash Lord
Yeahhh, I didn't do so well in singles but no johns, I got beat by the better people this day. Dolph beat me, and Tyler just has a mean zelda... I don't know who to play vs the zelda/sheik team.

on a lighter note, me and dolphin did some good **** in teams, I'm proud of dat *****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccFTLyML1fE

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
munkaid3 is probably going to be on the 30th of september... the date is not really changeable because adams doesnt get home untill the 24th... and since he doesnt get home untill the 24th, we probably wont get to go to the rockymount tourny...

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to everyone! Wish I could have been there. Maybe on the 23rd of sept, yall can taste my master sword and get whooped by team triforce! LOL. Hope to see this many people including GAwes and hopefully Mike G at a tourney in rocky mt.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
well ill be there durrrr lol.

Good tourney guys

YGO here i come

$sD- doubt i can make it to the atl tourneys man. No rides and gunna spend soem time here in ashe befo i leave that tuesday.

$sD

Smash Ace
a few shouts..

munkey - its always good seeing you man...i shoulda stayed down there for the night... good job with the tourny...munkaid 3...The Dollarstore strikes back...fosho *****.as u know ily... btw..that sig is G33D

tyler - same..maybe next time we can team up...u do good for not playing for a few weeks..we need to play more too...i will coach u to beat dolphin...newayz ily. and that Sig IS GOD!! i laugh everytime

waters - good stuff to u and kevin in teams...i hated u couldnt play singles..woulda been nice if u coulda toke out a particular individual for me..but ily man..keep it real ***. (not all black people smoke newports. i remember back in the day..i was a marlboro man)

twig - i dont even remember playing you other then teams...but at munkaid 3...all jokes aside your going down...im going to practice against falco for the next month hopefully?

black effin dolphin - good job winning teams..i couldnt really take sides.. since i was recording...and it was against munk and waters..so yea its kinda hard to take a particular side..otehr than that man i love ya..taco bell is like 3 times better with the dolphin...even with a girl puking it up it doesent effect us..but stay true *****.(btw...i would had destroyed you if i would had won)

joel - u should be getting the most thanks...u took me..and housed me..and we did better then expected in teams...we shoulda beat twig and dolphin.. woulda been the biggest upset of the tourney..(well one of..)but love ya man...p.s. tell ur mom she shoulda kept the haste the day cd lol..

lozr - nice job scoring 2nd place in singles..yea i was behind you but i cant say i was 100%. i was cheering for wes too but i had to say i was behind you about 85 % of the time..ur fox is as good as ever...and good luck at rocky mounts. u should come down more man..its good hanging out with you..

falter - uve gotten alot better.even for a pools match i could still see u improved a great deal...ur falcos good..why did u choose to play fox? anyway good luck in the future man..

Wes - we only played like 2 matches and did horrible not to mention i didnt even play samus...but anyway good job on winning..i really didnt expect you to even be there. good seein ya man..glad u came up...we need more outta staters to come to nc to show them were better then most people think..and sorry about the drive lol...dolphin has a thing..that he doesent listen when talked to ....unless u scream..but the 4 lane change at the last second was sweet...anyway man imma try and make this thing in atl...maybe ill be driving...i do turn 18 tomarrow so....

Merc................................................................................................................................................................................................................

what can i say...ur too good. i cant beat falcos...nice job getting 3rd..and no johns man..u destroyed me first match..i need to have more confidence in my mains instead of just what i think will do good lol...good playing you though...hope to see u at future tourneys...

ali&peter - good stuff guys..i can tell u two have gotten alot better..but yea hit me up...im bound to have a ride someday and we can play..

ok i got some B33333ZZZness to attend to so i had to cut it short...ill get the rest later after business hours are over....:chuckle:

MuNk-AiD3? = Dollarstore shall strike back..

$ ftw!!!!

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
wes grats on winning.

dolphin and twig grats on teams

lozr you beat me in the last toureny and i beat you in our MM so ill say we are 1/1

falter nice falco it keeps getting better

munk tyler and watters <3 my new crew

merc cant wait til next time i play you i will do alot better

ashton keep playing dude yo uare getting better

dan you are my favorite asian with Tila Nyguen being a close second

<3 Peter id take you over Tila Nguyen any day, lol keep working on those falco and marth skills and work on your mind games

<33333333333333 Ali cause you have the sweetest smashboards name ever and your samus is great

im tired now , ill post more as i remember

$SD <3 you in teams dude

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
Yo people great tourney , we had fun and all , shout outs later , but good job to LoZr for doin pretty well , its good seein all of you again =) ... oh yea i got some news , i might start hosting tournaments over at either my place or my friends place , so we probably wud get like 3 tourneys a month in total , one at munkaid , one at my area and one at rocky mt. it would be cool .. i 'll think bout the dates and let all u people know

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Virtual Shouting Box

*Munky - I hope you were thoroughly aided. You got a ton better since i played you a very long time ago lol. Good **** with the down smash spamming, show 'em what that c stick is made of.

*Tyler - Beasting zelda, good **** man. BTW sheik is def. just a move and not a character =P just learn when to run away with her and you will be god tier, make them come to you :) You play space animals

*Dolphin - Good stuff in singles, you were a lot better than i thought. You play space animals =/. I don't want to speak for merc, but i think it won't run so close next time XD

*Twig - Thank you a ton for basically running this. It went really smoothly. On top of that, your Marth was beast mode in doubles man you should play him more in singles, very precise for how little i saw him used. After about 4 of those finals matches i was getting dead tired and super hungry because Sunchaser threw away my entire sonic burger =/ so thanks for not letting me give up. I honestly wouldn't have won without that, you're too cool. I'm seeing gorilla biscuit and comeback kid tonight XDDDDD and Dan wants to play you in dodgeball. You play space animals=/

*Falter - Good meeting you man. Awesome friendlies, your tech skill is nice just work on following rolls and *****ing peoples sheilds with lasers and grabs. You play space animals =/

*The Mocha Guy - Its been forever since i played you, good stuff, we both ****ed up a bunch though, maybe next matches will be more fair =P Nice job on the marth skills and good stuff with beating munky

*MERC (MERK) (MURK) (MURC) - Thanks for coming and teaming with me, not bad for the first try, we just got boned by not working together as well as we should have. We should def. get some teams friendlies in case we need to do it again. Good stuff on 3rd place although i think if i didn't have to take you out twice it would have been really close for you to get second. Hopefully i'll see you at one of the 6 tournies coming up in GA soon. You play space animals =/

*$sD - Derick you've stepped up the game a ton since smash aid VII, keep improving at this rate and NC will be on the maps soon. Good to see the old NC crew is still going strong, just get Corey and Chris back into this **** :)

*Peter and Ali - good to meet you guys, i hadn't heard of you before but you impressed me a lot esp in teams. Keep it up, the south could use more players, thanks a ton for the pizza i almost died of hunger :)

I'M BROKE

*Holymarth - Good seeing you again man, keep up those falcon knees and get a ton of more SC peeps to play :) Hopefully you can host a tourney soon, i can probably make it, it shouldn't be more than 2 - 2 1/2 hours from me. Regardless though i hope you can make it to initiation this sun. That would be too cool. See you soon

*TLOZr - Good **** knocking me out of winners and making it to the finals. Hope to see you in the finals again soon. You've got some nice grabs out of other peoples mistakes, especially mine lol. Congrats on getting better and owning NC. You play space animals =/

*Marty - As you are reading this you are almost positive of what i am going to say. YOU ARE NOT FUNNY AT ALL AND YOU SUCK *** AT STREET FIGHTER. Really though i wish you would have entered the tourney, at least you know you pwned a ton of people with roy lol. thats all that matters i suppose, thanks for coming man and i hope, like everyone else, to see you at all the GA tournies in the coming months. Peace man, see you wed? hit me up on aim.

To 90% of those not mentioned in this post - You play space animals =/

:urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, this is Peter. I'll try to mention as many people as I can. Hope I don't mix you guys up.

Munky-The tournament was fun and I learned a lot from it. I didn't get to see your Peach, but I heard it was downSmashingly good.

Tyler-I've never seen any Zelda players before, good stuff. It doesn't matter which character you pick, any aerials that hit at their strongest point/range, I'll call it a "Zelda kick" from now on. We (Ali and I) charged you a buck for the pizza... but if we play with you again, you'll get it back.

Dolphin-Had fun playing your Fox; it moves pretty smoothly. I need to learn how to wall tech.

Twig-Good job on winning teams. You ran the tournament smoothly.

Joel-Fun team matches and casuals. Thanks for hosting that tournament in Gastonia. It really helped Ali and me in learning to become better players.

$sD-Fun matches with you. I thought it was cool how you starting beating on Joel when you were vs'ing us in the pool team matches even though our team wasn't near your character haha. You probably just did that because Smash is so ingrained in your brain and it became some kind of reflex. I tried to take your advice and become a calmer player this time. I was calm before, but I could barely wavedash back then. Your wavelanding still impresses me.

Falter-You play a bunch of new characters now (I'm trying too). Good luck and keep practicing. Falco dittos are weird. Feels like a dair, shine competition. Battle of Frisky you might say.

Lozr-Thanks for telling me some tips with Marth. I'll try to use that uair some more. I'll try to think more about teching when I play. Your Fox looks even better than the last time we played with you in Gastonia. We didn't play any matches, but I'd probably start to wonder as we are playing if I was still playing against a human... or a fox... with a gun. Nice looking movement.

Ali-This tournament was a good learning experience. We've gotten a lot better and we'll keep practicing.

Merk-I didn't play you or even talk to you, but I watched your space animals: they looked real sharp. You look like you have very good precision/timing. Very good skill.

GAwes-Your Falcon and Sheik looked really nice. I never had to play against a Jigglypuff before... I didn't know it was resetting the invincibility on the edge, but that doesn't mean I won't try to stab the thing ha. Your Sheik looked like she really mixes things up, looking stylish, but also doing its thing: KOing.

Holymarth-You're a fun guy. You should become president of South Carolina.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Sry wes i kno i play space animals lol. But i play many characters, just scared to bust em out in tourney heh. And yes hopefully i will see you in some more finals matches soon man.

Peter man it was awesome playing you and ali. You 2 are awesome. Try and make it to this tourney in tarboro(also called the tourney in rocky mount) It will feature my new crew ygo and others and maybe ashe smash will come to it too. This could be a big tourney if munk twig all you guys could make it. Im sure we'd return the favor coming to munkaid 3 the 30th i think right.

Peace
l0zr

Twiggy

Smash Lord
I'm working on uploading videos as we speak right now, so hang tight. The only ones recorded were the 2v2 finals and the singles finals. This Tourney was the tourney of the losers bracket. for both tournaments, the losers bracket winners won everything in the end.

Dolph - Thanks for teaming with me, we mesh well it looks like. All of our sets in brackets were tough though, we pulled through. GJ on 4th in singles too.

Brown - GJ in teams with derrick that stuff was tight in our set. You also beat LOZR in a MM, good stuff.

$store - didn't rain... you placed ahead of me, darn.

Wes - Thanks on the compliments on marth I guess haha. I don't normally play marth much, it's just sorta a side character I use on corneria because of the little up b to wing type thing haha. In pools you owned me first game, ever since I started playing fox in teams, my falco has sucked *** in singles. GJ on winning it all though, and I hope you enjoyed G. Biscuits.

Tyler - **** zelda lol

LOZR - we finally got to play some friendlies, sweet. Too bad we didn't play in brackets though =[ I was ready to beat you in a set finally. GJ on 2nd. Me and Dolph played you and falter in teams pools, I'd say we did pretty good haha. Best team in carolinas for sure =P

I'm getting busy atm, i'll update this later.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
yes, I have 2 singles sets, both wes VS lozr.

my camera is a piece of **** now, so it's taking me a bit to get everything.

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
I'm there.

Now I actually main marth, LOL xDDDDDDDD

Yeah, I didn't do so hot; Maybe next time I won't be so ******** in singles, lol. All in all though, MunkAid was an awesome experience ^_^.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
this is now the munkaid3 thread...
teams is now 20 per team.. and there is also a $3 door fee
if you guys would rather teams stay 10 per team, then let me know... sorry about the door fee though..

Top Bottom