• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NECROMAFIA | Game Over! Shortest game in Dgames?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wow, well that is great.

*phew*

Glad this game is over and didn't have to go to D2.

You all suck though. >=[

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nuh uh. :p

J I was totally waiting for you to post so I can re-evaluate my read on you but noooo. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lol j loooooool you gave us so much suspense hahahaha

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Circus can we post role PMs?
Please do.

I want you guys to see all the crazy work I put into this thing only to have Zen **** it all on a lucky gambit (there were loads of other factors and Zen deserves credit for a right read; I'm just salty).

Also, kudos to Kary on not self-annihilating this game. I've seen other players (vets, even) who shall remain nameless literally hammer themselves or get themselves modkilled under much, much less stress than I'm sure this role must have caused early game. It was a noble effort, to be sure, and Kary deserves a lot of credit for sticking it out to the (very early) bitter end.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
MvP: Zen

Even if Zen hadn't done that I had Kary pinned without it

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Circus. I ****ing loved this game. And I do want to see what you put into it too bro.

MvP: Zen

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gggg town

one of the many reasons cultlikes dont work

gj to zen
gj to everyone with a scumread on J. His play has been consistently scummy lately and he deserves the heat until he changes it
gj to everyone for not falling out and having me replace in
gj to zekiel
gj to the names. Had a laugh

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm honestly sad this ended so quickly. Like, legit sad. This game would have been a hell a fun

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, one other quick thing.

Has anyone here even actually SEEN A DAY COP IN A GAME? Like actually? There is NEVER a Day Cop. Not ever. Don't ever believe that claim. Especially from a player like Zen? I don't care if he commits to the lie for three straight ****in' Day phases, that it ALWAYS A GAMBIT.

There. Better now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Cheers Circus, sorry I brought your game to such a swift end.

Zen did great to pin me straight away... people just following his gambit, though :urg:
where was Ryker who I could clearly lever to my advantage.
Although, where was Macman :ohwell:

Circus said:
Hello, Kary. Welcome to Necromafia!

You are Robin Banks, a history teacher at Falls Hollow Middle School. Or, at least you were a teacher, many, many years ago, until the higher-ups caught wind of some of the more unsavory hobbies in which you participate (such as your interest in occultism and ritualistic practices related to such). Despite your protests, you were deemed unfit to teach children and promptly fired from your job. Many parents of your former students began publicly bashing you, either in belief that you were some sort of witch or Satanist, or because they just thought you were a loon for believing in magic (mostly the latter). You remained a shut-in for the following few decades, and the town eventually forgot about you entirely. Most of the people responsible for your predicament, in fact, are already gone. Regardless, the treatment has left you bitter and hateful, and you have decided that, the descendants of this town (and possibly the rest of the world, afterward), need to be taught a lesson.

You are the Necromancer. This town’s ignorance and bigotry have twisted your once gentle heart into an unrecognizable, snarling husk of what it once was. Once, you wanted nothing more than to teach the youth of Falls Hollow about the rich history upon which the town and country were founded, but that was decades ago. You have since thrown yourself into your practices of the dark arts, building your knowledge and powers for the time when you would finally be able to exact your revenge upon the world, starting with Falls Hollow. That time is now.

Passive Ability

Reanimate: Whenever a player dies, either through lynch or Night kill, you will compulsively attempt to reanimate them. Once they have been reanimated, they are yours to control for the remainder of the game. For the sake of clarity, I will refer to these reanimated players as “puppets” for the remainder of this message, though they go by no official term in-game.

Active Abilities

Puppeteer: Each of the puppets under your control are capable of performing one kill per Night. To command them to do so, simply send me a private message during the Night phase indicating which of your puppets will be attacking which living players. There is no defined way of structuring the command, but the clearer you can make it for me to understand, the smoother the whole process will go. A basic message like “send [puppet] to kill [living player]” or even something as simple as “[puppet] kills [living player]” will do just fine. Include every kill in one message, please. NOTE: You must dictate which puppets are attacking which players. Simply sending me the message “kill X, Y, and Z” is not acceptable. In order to keep hassle to a minimum, I will PM you a list of the puppets you have at your disposal at the beginning of each Night phase so you know what you’re working with.

Recruit: You have an Apprentice in this game, though you are not aware of the Apprentice’s identity. During any Night phase, you have the option of recruiting this Apprentice and giving him or her the power to command your horde just as you do. In addition, you will gain the ability to communicate with the Apprentice telepathically (via quicktopic). However, these abilities are all extremely spiritually taxing and, as a consequence, you will lose the ability to reanimate bodies if you choose to do this. All puppets already under your control will remain under your control, but no players who die during or after the Night of the Apprentice’s recruitment will be eligible for reanimation. Consider your options carefully.

Safeclaim
Robin Banks, Vanilla Townie, retired history teacher of Falls Hollow Middle School.

You are Anti-Town and you win when the Town can do nothing to stop your army of the dead.

#HBC | ѕoup

I didn't care about the guilty after I made my case Circus, it was just a cherry on top after that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Haha. I knew it was a gambit... cuz I was his lover so. :p

I am kinda glad we didn't lynch town on town on town...

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh my god Circus I literally feel so bad for you right now

HAHA YEAH

PRIVATE WITH SPECIAL MECHANIC

*SAID MECHANIC ROLE LYNCHED D1*

GG TOWN WINS OVAH NO REASON TO RUN THIS ANYMORE

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I didn't care about the guilty after I made my case Circus, it was just a cherry on top after that.
This is true, and I think it's true for several people.

But still.

Every time I read someone say something like "Well, I really don't think Zen would keep it going if he didn't really—" NO.

It's a gambit.

Come on, now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Soup; but without the guilty I wouldn't have been under so much pressure, and without the guilty, people wouldn't have been as willing to roll my direction. You might have been sure I was scum, but it wouldn't have been impossibe to turn that against you.

This is true, and I think it's true for several people.

But still.

Every time I read someone say something like "Well, I really don't think Zen would keep it going if he didn't really—" NO.

It's a gambit.

Come on, now.
this, totally.

@Ran yeah, that makes sense now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
would've shot ran N1 as well :/
Would you have tried to recruit that Night as well?

Because holding off 'til at least N2 would have obviously been best, numbers wise, but I don't think you would have really had a choice.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I... No off to Zen, but getting mvp out of one read that others had too?

By all means, give him mvp. Just. Well. Okay. Im gonna stop talking now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Uh Circus, that was basically just my first thoughts based on who was town etc.

given the circumstances/gambit, if i'd swung anything i probably would've recruited.
would've recruited on a NL, for the whole game to play out without nkills

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Xonar said:
gj to everyone with a scumread on J. His play has been consistently scummy lately and he deserves the heat until he changes it
**** outta hear man lmao.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I... No off to Zen, but getting mvp out of one read that others had too?

By all means, give him mvp. Just. Well. Okay. Im gonna stop talking now.

If it makes you feel better, I'm mulling it over honestly.

I mean, if it's going to anyone, it's going to Zen.

But I have to think on it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Circus, can we get player thoughts and setup analysis? This idea seemed so damn cool and I loved my role.

This is so damn bittersweet...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I'd like some. I loved my role. I'm sure you can see why, I posted alot... xD

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Uh Circus, that was basically just my first thoughts based on who was town etc.

given the circumstances/gambit, if i'd swung anything i probably would've recruited.
would've recruited on a NL, for the whole game to play out without nkills
That would've been fun. Also knocks out the effectiveness of the Axman, and makes the Lovers negative utility for Town rather than positive.

Yup, would've been fun.

Would've been.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wanted to aim for us to get docced and just go to lylo being super obv town and all

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Personally, don't know about MvP. Setup like this it's hard to say.
If mine and Mac/Raz's roles had been switched, I could see Zen singlehandedly throwing the game :ohwell:
up to Circus

@Circus; i'm sorry. I really can't play naturally as scum, esp. on my own

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, can we get player thoughts and setup analysis? This idea seemed so damn cool and I loved my role.

This is so damn bittersweet...
Will definitely do this when I can set aside some time to really collect my thoughts on it. Like I said in the endgame post, it will take me a while and I'm not in the mood for it. But I do have a lot to say.

I will say that your role was the one I'm most upset about not getting to see play out. I was really excited about what people would say and how you would interpret it and what you would have divulged to the rest of the thread.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Top Bottom