• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEOH Melee Friendlies

Get Low

Smash Ace
Peach. I play most the high tiers though albeit in what I've been told in a strange way. This is probably the most recent video of me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJctVnpprOU from last summer. I got to play chu dat which was pretty cool. Also a pretty big fan of teams since i lack a lot of tech skill.
Once you move here, that'll make about half of the Northeast Ohio Melee scene Peach players, lol.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Once you move here, that'll make about half of the Northeast Ohio Melee scene Peach players, lol.
you mean 1/4? You, me, vanz, and then coach.

Also, Matt, Marth isn't the best peach counter, I just really really suck at the matchup and need to start playing it all day so I can get good at it.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Slarts, he was kidding. And no **** it isn't. The fact is Marth still does work and its easy for him vs Peach.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Pat is the next big thing.

Also, I totally agree with your sig. Mute City should be neutral, people should stop being butthurt by jiggz, if you don't like it laser camp her with fox, the stage has never demonstrated itself to be a big problem in tournament.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Also, I totally agree with your sig. Mute City should be neutral, people should stop being butthurt by jiggz, if you don't like it laser camp her with fox, the stage has never demonstrated itself to be a big problem in tournament.
True this, although I believe the real reason they banned it was because Armada **** on everyone on this stage at Genesis. The stage is pretty broken for Peach and Jiggs, but that's pretty much the point of a counterpick stage: to give you an advantage in a set after losing a match.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
The advantage is broken though. Huge advantage with the stage on top of it being for one top tier and one A tier, its better off banned. Obviously its good for other characters too, but most of them are top characters. They're trying to eliminate a lot of the gay that happens already.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Vanz said that he thought mute was best for Fox. I don't see how it's bad for other characters, marth gets super edgeguarding with no ledges, etc etc. Name a character that really gets screwed that hard there. Besides yoshi.

Btw, I would have a smashfest at my house, but my whole family has been really sick recently, so it is probably a bad idea, maybe a few weeks from now.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Vanz said that he thought mute was best for Fox. I don't see how it's bad for other characters, marth gets super edgeguarding with no ledges, etc etc. Name a character that really gets screwed that hard there. Besides yoshi.
After thinking about it, I could see Ganon, Link, and Roy getting effed up on this stage being that their heavy characters that aren't that incredible in the first place. But even so, if you're brave enough to main a character like one of those, you'll probably have a good enough idea of how to compensate for ther weaknesses.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Yeah, that's the point of banning it though Slarts. It creates little to no chance for a fair fight.

Cia

das kwl
After thinking about it, I could see Ganon, Link, and Roy getting effed up on this stage being that their heavy characters that aren't that incredible in the first place. But even so, if you're brave enough to main a character like one of those, you'll probably have a good enough idea of how to compensate for ther weaknesses.
Tipman used to counterpick me to Mute City. It's really all about knowing how to take advantage of the stage. It's just more obvious for Peach and Jiggs

:teemo:

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's the point of banning it though Slarts. It creates little to no chance for a fair fight.
Just because the fight is waged differently doesn't mean it's unfair. Both players have access to the same tools. What makes a stage bannable is when it's too good for a specific character, like stages with walls let fox infinite. Mute city doesn't have walls, unless you count the very brief visit to the tunnel. If someone were to get caught there, they would deserve it, lol.

Ganon and Roy get effed up everywhere because their recovery sucks. Link can't grapple boo.

I dunno, I don't mind stages that are played differently. What if battlefield didn't have grabbable edges, would that be super unfair? No, all characters would get ***** by edgeguarding equally.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Finally got the drive to re-open this page...I've gotta ask...anyone free to hang for some friendlies next weekend? I'm going crazy having not played melee in 2 or 3+ months....I know dempt came over last halloween, but he's not asked to hang again since then :<

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Ah you're not as close as I thought then...bugger >.< I'm like the only bloody person in NEOH that's not within 20 minutes of at least ONE other forum-er lol...

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Like who? I've been asking around for awhile on both here and at tournaments...the closest continuous smashfest gathering is a bi-weekly thing almost 30 or 40 minutes from me in a cafe IIRC....I've met no one who is closer than Argent (Who is himself 20-30 minutes away) and I've been askin for a year :<
I'm legit interested...Do you have names or can you at least tell me who? >.<

EDIT: Thats a MELEE smashfest I meant...

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
We're all doomed.

Chris, you seriously need to come hang out at my place again. Just without the cursing. XD

Top Bottom