• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NERD RAGE (Project M) - August 17th, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Should we move the date?

• Yes, push it back to September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it where it is.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My caravan of four people is looking for Cincinnati housing, if at all possible. :3

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok so housing. It makes sense to prioritize those from further away-- assuming those people are cool with a 30-40 minute drive to the venue for two days (assuming you're staying for both). This doesn't mean you're not welcome at our place, I just figure I'd give you fair warning. Only so many people can fit in a carpool.

Right now I think Oracle, Hylian, Strong Bad, and Reflex's groups are at the top of the list just based on distance. Chicago folks are up next on the list if there's still space, though there's so many I really doubt we could fit all of you.

If anyone has any additional considerations they'd like to raise, feel free to send me a private message.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Doctor X do you have any kind of a leftover budget for this event? I talked to GIMR and he said that VGBootcamp would definitely be interested in streaming this event if you would fly him here and house him. I'm not sure how you would feel about that, but he has a great streaming setup and a ton of followers, and it could really bring the external hype. Up to you.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
In all honesty I dont think we will need housing because We dont really plan to stay for day two. But if things go extra late into the first night we might need housing that night.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Doctor X do you have any kind of a leftover budget for this event? I talked to GIMR and he said that VGBootcamp would definitely be interested in streaming this event if you would fly him here and house him. I'm not sure how you would feel about that, but he has a great streaming setup and a ton of followers, and it could really bring the external hype. Up to you.
I'd certainly be willing and able to house him. As for plane tickets, you might ask him to check a price. I can't make any guarantees, since at this point I'm putting up $100 for the pot bonus, paying entry for the people who helped me with the video and graphic, and buying a bunch of pie. If it seems too much for me to handle by my selfsies, though, I'll be happy to coordinate a group fundraiser here.

If nothing else I know arcade legacy has a pretty legit streaming setup that they usually use for most of their events. Of course it would be great to have VGBootcamp involved-- and I'll do what I can to make that happen-- but we're not without contingency plans. :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't fly someone out here. They can get here themselves or ask for donations from other people. =P

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
this isn't a big enough even to warrant flying out a streamer.
if the arcade legacy guys want to stream they're also welcome to use the official Project M Twitch channel which we'll tweet out and give them some publicity. let me know.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Didn't realize this is at Arcade Legacy. Last time I streamed at their venue the upload was something like .4 megabit. And aye yo, Strong Bad, stop hating :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
haha its nothing against you calvin, im a big fan of VGBC, this tourney just probably won't break 64 entrants. this isn't like KoC or big house where you're guaranteed 120+ entrants, even though the level of play is likely to be almost on par.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
haha its nothing against you calvin, im a big fan of VGBC, this tourney just probably won't break 64 entrants. this isn't like KoC or big house where you're guaranteed 120+ entrants, even though the level of play is likely to be almost on par.

I like that kind. "I went 1-2!" "Good job, man!"

RingWormTheDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
I can house limited people due to 5 people living in my house already. Sleeping arrangements are either going to be comfortably on the basement floor (my little brother's room, Crow in Dr.X's video) if he approves or on the floor of the living area downstairs / two couches.

I don't personally mind people staying up late prior to an event, but if I have roomates that want to sleep and/or have work in the morning, they take precedent. I don't forsee anyone complaining as that's never happened before when we've housed earlier, but just as a warning I might have to tell you to shush and turn off the setups til the morning.

It's my home, so you're responsible for what you do in it. You break it, you buy it. I have a small dachshund named Lucca, so if you are allergic to dogs I can't do anything about it.

Everyone who stays the night is required to have debates with Dr. X about the aspects of Brawl that are better than Melee.

Priority is only to people who are coming from out of town. If you're lucky and there is time we'll cook breakfast and maybe grill hamburgers. If I ask you if you like spicy things say no or I'll start opening some bottles of hot sauce.

Dr. X will be coming to me with people that need housing and I'll approve them if we have space. I don't really have a problem with anyone in the smash community despite how fun it is to mess with them so no one would be denied housing because I tease them on the internet. :B

Except for the people that steal and break stuff. Those people can't stay. >:|

Edit:

Dr. X made a video about suicides because otherwise it would have been a video of him on the receiving end of combos.

I have 3 maybe just 2 people but we're coming from New York and housing would be greatly appreciated!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok so we have an update on housing.

It looks like we've got at least one other house available. I'm not sure exactly how much more room that will open up, but we'll get the details ironed out in the next week or so.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
So ticket prices to Ohio were ass, but prices to Chicago were actually pretty awesome. So, Oro, what were you saying again? This is finally looking possible for me if we can get it arranged relatively quickly.

I can't message on these forums while I'm at work, you should message me on Facebook. I'll send you the link and you can give it to whomever needs it to set this up.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm housing people for this so I'll probably end up going so I may need a teammate. Anyone special want to team? I'd like to team with someone OoS that is good if possible just because it'd be fun.

Scythe

Smash Master
yo so Oro, myself, Kirk and probably one or two more call some of dat housing

Oro?!

Smash Hero
So ticket prices to Ohio were ***, but prices to Chicago were actually pretty awesome. So, Oro, what were you saying again? This is finally looking possible for me if we can get it arranged relatively quickly.

I can't message on these forums while I'm at work, you should message me on Facebook. I'll send you the link and you can give it to whomever needs it to set this up.
PM Rat about your flight plans and such. He lives way closer to the airport. We are going to figure out driving plans from Chicago this week to see how much interest there is and if we need a third car!!! even.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'm housing people for this so I'll probably end up going so I may need a teammate. Anyone special want to team? I'd like to team with someone OoS that is good if possible just because it'd be fun.
http://youtu.be/Ed6L4fo0OMI?t=4m56s

Lol j/k I'll probably team with Tako.

btw can you update this thread with some sort of schedule? : )
I'm on my way back out the door for tonight but I'll have time to put a scheduletogether tomorrow most likely.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok, schedule's up. It seems we've settled on a couple side events for Day 2, aside from Pie Crews (which will hopefully be done Day 1 anyway).

We will be doing Melee CSP ($5 entry?) and a free Windjammers tournament. If anybody has anything else they'd like us to consider, let me know. I'll soon have rules and more information for those up-- along with doubles rules which I forgot about completely. >.<

Oracle

Smash Master
Move some of the bracket to day 2. The reason you would have a 2nd day is so we dont have to squeeze everything into 12 hours, not so we can play side events. I have more to say but im busy; in sure strong bad will complain about the rest of the issues in the schedule if there are any

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't know about all that. I'm notoriously good at winning.

The pie of choice will be mine.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm ****ing everyone up at this tournament. Prepare yourselves.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Move some of the bracket to day 2. The reason you would have a 2nd day is so we dont have to squeeze everything into 12 hours, not so we can play side events. I have more to say but im busy; in sure strong bad will complain about the rest of the issues in the schedule if there are any
If that's what you guys want, sure. I was just thinking we'd want to get through the main events on Saturday so people who need to be home by any specific time on Sunday don't have to worry about being held up.

I doubt we'll have to be rushing all that much, as we don't have other games to worry about or work around. I do think it would feel more hype to move the final parts of the brackets to Sunday, though, but... I'll leave that up to popular opinion.

What do we think, gentlemen?

Oracle

Smash Master
well if its big you'll probably need pools, which would take a good deal of time on saturday. I mean, no reason to rush through everything when we have two days to use

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Personally I would like to keep it to a one day event if possible. My group (possibly up to 10 people) does not have housing and would rather not spend the money on a hotel (personally im pretty broke after LTC and paying rent on two places). Even though its only a 4 hour drive id prefer not having to make it twice in one weekend.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What about playing bracket to top 8, 6 or 4 depending on carpools that need to leave on day 1 then the rest of it on day 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom