• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NERD RAGE (Project M) - August 17th, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Should we move the date?

• Yes, push it back to September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it where it is.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, I understand that. I suppose it was a bit abrasive to put it the way I did.

Unfortunately, the playerbase in Cincinnati is actually pretty small and I belived DocX/OS are housing a fair amount of people already so housing should be pretty scarce. I think I'm actually housing some OoS players up in Columbus because of this.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I mean...that's what we will do if no one wants to house us, no harm in asking though.
Spots are still open at my place it seems-- so far I just have Oracle who gets priority since it I'll be dropping him off at the airport.

Like I've said, though, it's not particularly close to the venue.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The closer to Cincinnati, the better for my group. It looks like we'll be driving. :x

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Spots are still open at my place it seems-- so far I just have Oracle who gets priority since it I'll be dropping him off at the airport.

Like I've said, though, it's not particularly close to the venue.

30 mins sounds close to me, I'm going to be driving like 6 1/2 hours >_> haha. What city are you in?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
30 mins sounds close to me, I'm going to be driving like 6 1/2 hours >_> haha. What city are you in?
Taylor Mill, KY. Fairly close to the river. Google maps says 30 mins between it and the venue but it tends to be closer to 40.

I'll have to talk with OS so I can get a better idea, but as a heads up, how many people will be coming with you?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Taylor Mill, KY. Fairly close to the river. Google maps says 30 mins between it and the venue but it tends to be closer to 40.

I'll have to talk with OS so I can get a better idea, but as a heads up, how many people will be coming with you?

At least 3, at most 4-5. Probably 3-4.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning on bringing a HDTV for my set-up because it's easier to carry around. They get a lot of hate for their famous input lag. I have no REAL way of testing my lag, but I did a reaction time test on both my PC and TV and compared them. The averages were about 30 MS off each time. Assuming my PC has 0 visual lag, my TV has a visual delay of about 2 frames. Is that a big enough deal to not bring it?

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm planning on bringing a HDTV for my set-up because it's easier to carry around. They get a lot of hate for their famous input lag. I have no REAL way of testing my lag, but I did a reaction time test on both my PC and TV and compared them. The averages were about 30 MS off each time. Assuming my PC has 0 visual lag, my TV has a visual delay of about 2 frames. Is that a big enough deal to not bring it?

Didn't think I would ever use this picture.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It might be a good idea to see if you can collaborate with someone in this thread who can only bring a tv or something like that first. If there isn't anyone like that and you want to bring it for friendlies, it really couldn't hurt. There is a lot of room for setups in Arcade Legacy iirc. Been over a year since I was out there.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
whatever, i dont want to get a lot of crap from everyone thinking they are M2K with the frame data. i will bring a full set-up though, just need someone to bring a TV.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
i mean, when project m had brawls 0-2 frame delay before they fixed it, im pretty sure no one noticed. i dont want people to be discouraged from playing just because of the type of tv before even testing it out.

Oracle

Smash Master
At my tournaments I allow monitors and the like if I test it and see its only a frame or so of lag, but the players are still allowed to veto playing on them. (Protip: dont play lucas with input lag)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
i mean, when project m had brawls 0-2 frame delay before they fixed it, im pretty sure no one noticed. i dont want people to be discouraged from playing just because of the type of tv before even testing it out.
It would have compounded itself and become extremely more noticable if the TV lagged and the game lagged. The same effect can be felt if you play on a hdtv on wifi. Again, I am just trying to offer solutions because there are people that will refuse to play on hdtvs no matter what. No one will say they are M2K with frame data or anything, but lag of any sort is noticeable. No one will give you crap for bringing an hdtv, they just might request to not play on it for tournament matches. That is all.

Scythe

Smash Master
i'm like the last person to look at frame data, and hdtvs just feel bad, simple as that.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Depending on how many people come with me and how much room is left over in the car, I'll bring as many TVs as I am able.

I will not play a tournament match on an HDTV. But feel free to bring it for friendlies.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
As a general rule of thumb, there are always more people that go than what the thread says, and there will be more setups than what the OP says. With that out of the way, bring as many setups as possible so there can be lots of games.

xFumbles

Smash Apprentice
well i know everyone can bring a simple wii/game set up, but bringing television is a bit harder. i dont think, with the exception of JC, that many people with bring more tvs than games.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
OS has a collection of CRT's sitting in the garage. I'm sure we can bring a few of those. Between us I think we've got about 5 TV's.

Just two Wii's, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im bringing two wiis + pm w/ no tvs

dunno if jordan is planning on bringing a tv in the car

WOW FUMBLES LOOK AT ALL THIS CONTROVERSY YOU STARTED OMG

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I'm pretty sure it was required that I post this here. I know it has nothing to do with the tournament but this match was hilarious as heck!

http://www.twitch.tv/amazerommu/c/2608631

In other more related news. One of the peeps that I was going to bring has dropped for sure. But there is still the potential of 4 of us participating. I also have a Wii and display device that I could bring. 3 SD Cards all with different versions (Riivo, Homebrew and Regulah) of Project M on them as well in case they're necessary.

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
Just now found the thread for this tourney and now I'm hyped that there will actually be a tournament around my area! I'll most likely be coming, I'll see how many of the TN guys will join me, and I can bring a full setup.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Still need a good partner..maybe a ride from chicago too? I'm down to split hotel or get some free housing ^^ I'm ready to wreck kids ; )

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If any one can provide housing for 3-4 oos people we can bring about 6-7 crts and 2-3 wii setups.

At this point and with so many people looking for housing, you might want to invest in the hotel about 5 minutes west of the venue. It's pretty nice and I stayed there once myself when we had Raziek and Croi from Canada come down. Who else is coming with you?

RingWormTheDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
At this point and with so many people looking for housing, you might want to invest in the hotel about 5 minutes west of the venue. It's pretty nice and I stayed there once myself when we had Raziek and Croi from Canada come down. Who else is coming with you?
Yeah that's completely understandable. we're just trying to save as much money as possible and the two other people that would be coming are mask and z~z. The fourth is a maybe because he just want's to come to watch.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok guys, got somewhat of a hype video together here. I tried to focus on the concept of nerd rage, and self-destructs as something unique to smash. And no, these were not staged. Sadly. :rolleyes:

I believe a gentleman named Octorox has a more traditional combo vid in the works, as well. I'll see if I can figure out what's up there.

In the meantime extend thanks to KassandraNova and TravisD for the graphic:

Let's get this hype train rolling ladies and gentlemen.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can house limited people due to 5 people living in my house already. Sleeping arrangements are either going to be comfortably on the basement floor (my little brother's room, Crow in Dr.X's video) if he approves or on the floor of the living area downstairs / two couches.

I don't personally mind people staying up late prior to an event, but if I have roomates that want to sleep and/or have work in the morning, they take precedent. I don't forsee anyone complaining as that's never happened before when we've housed earlier, but just as a warning I might have to tell you to shush and turn off the setups til the morning.

It's my home, so you're responsible for what you do in it. You break it, you buy it. I have a small dachshund named Lucca, so if you are allergic to dogs I can't do anything about it.

Everyone who stays the night is required to have debates with Dr. X about the aspects of Brawl that are better than Melee.

Priority is only to people who are coming from out of town. If you're lucky and there is time we'll cook breakfast and maybe grill hamburgers. If I ask you if you like spicy things say no or I'll start opening some bottles of hot sauce.

Dr. X will be coming to me with people that need housing and I'll approve them if we have space. I don't really have a problem with anyone in the smash community despite how fun it is to mess with them so no one would be denied housing because I tease them on the internet. :B

Except for the people that steal and break stuff. Those people can't stay. >:|

Edit:

Dr. X made a video about suicides because otherwise it would have been a video of him on the receiving end of combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom