• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness' Official Frame Data (Taunt frame data is up)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Is the hitstun for pk flash the same regardless of how much it's charged?
Don't you mean Hit lag? The answer is No either way.... Hit stun and Hit lag are a property of percents...

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Question

PK thunder

Start up: 18
Hits: 19
Ends: 73

Does this mean you can only control PK Thunder between frames 18-73?
If so, then you can only control PKT for 55 frames... how much would 55 frames translate into in terms of seconds?

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Ref, can you measure the amount of invincibility frames in PKT2?

I always wanted to know that. :x

EDIT 2: Listen to Gaussis, he's smart.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
You have it wrong, EBZero. A frame is a 60th of a second. You control PKT for around 2.7 (timed it a while back).

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The frames where it hits and ends means the earliest hit at point blank, this means 55 frames of ending lag...

As for the time PKT stays out... I'll test that tomorrow...

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Ref, is there a difference of lag when PKT hits a character and when it runs out/hits terrain? It certainly feels like a lag difference, but that just may be me.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I believe there might be one but I'll test that tomorrow as well... As for the invincibility on PKT2 I probably can't test too well...

Gaussis

Smash Ace
It isn't a lag cancel because it happens when I use PKT on the ground (unless there's some way you can do that o_O).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I believe there's a lag difference for pk flash. He has to different animations for when it explodes and when it hits the ground.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
There is a 2 frame difference when hitting the ground oppose to an opponent with pkt's ending lag.

As for flash 39 from the point where Flash hits the ground and Ness stops it. That's like a 13 frame difference

PKT is out for 120 frames... 2 seconds.. I think actually 119 frames...

I will get shield stun now.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
2 seconds? That's surprisingly short. Anyway, I got 2.7 seconds when I timed it from the point the head comes out. Maybe I did a mistake?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Hey guys... Should I calculate Ness' Shield advantages using a simple version of the formula? Since duration is needed for the complex version, which is really hard to get.

SHIELDSTUN + HIT - SHIELDHITLAG - END (or IASA)

Is the one generally used by 3GOD and others...

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Yes?

Lol, I don't know much about all this technical stuff... but, if it's useful to know about shield advantages, sure why not

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Frames- brawl runs at 60 frames per a second. This data is important to tell how long each move takes accurately compared to other moves.

That's pretty much the basic of it.

_clinton

Smash Master
Free bump...and I need that taunt data...I like being an annoying SOB in my matches

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'll get taunt data soon I'm just really busy, a lot of it is catching up to me.

_clinton

Smash Master
Ref has indeed done plenty of things that make me want to have a baby with him...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Pretty sure Ref hears it the most out of all of them, though.

Ref is Ref Tier.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ref is trash. I'll totally 10$ mm him in a Ness ditto. See you sometime over the summer. This totally makes us rivals and bitter enemies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I can guarantee that my babies will be so smexy they will develop psychic powers by the age of 13 (ie Ness). Ref's will be a different kind of sexy (the sexy to pedophiles kind) and will never live fulfilling lives due to that.

_clinton

Smash Master
I can guarantee that my babies will be so smexy they will develop psychic powers by the age of 13 (ie Ness). Ref's will be a different kind of sexy (the sexy to pedophiles kind) and will never live fulfilling lives due to that.
Ness had his psychic powers from birth ^_^

Top Bottom