• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT! Peach's Bair Trap (Vid)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
We mustn't get too excited yet ^^ We need to apply this to our games and see how situational it is. Perhaps niko can try this when he plays ally and give us the lowdown on how effective starting this lock is?

Also... is this a true lock?
Agreed. The optimism is good, but some tests need to be applied to see how effective it is against skilled opponents. Good call.

As for it being a true lock, just look at it. I'm pretty sure it is.:p

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
true as in... once in that bair lock, is it completely inescapable?

EDIT:: I thought so King Beef!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow, amazing. XD

Find something for Kirby. <3

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
This is so amazing. I am literally grinning ear to ear at this very moment. Incredible find! As if Peach didn't already have enough tricks up her sleeve as it was.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
^^^
Wouldn't that make them able to get out of the hitstun and escape instead of getting locked?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
true as in... once in that bair lock, is it completely inescapable?
!

probably, but you would have to be quick on your feet if your opponent DIs away+if a float cancelled Nair turns out to work too(cause it has a huge hitbox) <--- that would be a guaranteed lock and easier

Can you do the bair trap but in between each bair, add a jab?

jab makes you stand up. If that worked I would do it instead of the Bair lol

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
this is great man, nice ending with zdrop to usmash. Im gunna have to work on peach again

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This is really, really difficult to pull off with opponents who DI :/ It's neat, but not going to be consistent enough to pull of even once in a set.

Gea

Smash Master
I'm gonna work with it. Nair works but is so much harder. Dtilt at low %s leads into this so well. God**** though, requires some fast hands.

Iwan

Smash Ace
This is really, really difficult to pull off with opponents who DI :/ It's neat, but not going to be consistent enough to pull of even once in a set.
Shut up and practice it.

whiney b***h
:D

hahaha :p. Seriously though, this could end up useful........if we could all do it as well as God is my rock......:/

guess we need to practice it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
BTW

Only go to training mode to get used to it. After that don't. Training mode doesn't have move deterioration. In reality the B-air stops hitting the opponent as far after a while so the spacing changes a little. Just a warning

Gea

Smash Master
BTW

Only go to training mode to get used to it. After that don't. Training mode doesn't have move deterioration. In reality the B-air stops hitting the opponent as far after a while so the spacing changes a little. Just a warning
Curious. In that vid were you C sticking your aerials or control sticking? Clawing seems like the only way to do this one well.

EDIT: nevermind I see what you said.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't get it. Are we supposed to hit with only the second hit of the back air? As in do a floating back air, but miss with the first and hit with the second? That's hard to do when you ground float because sometimes i land before the second hit of the back air is executed =( i have 100% accuracy with double hit back airs in the air because when i let go of the float, the second hit of the back air connects way before i land

Niko_K

Smash Master
Not what you have to do at all, You simply have to start bair, and hit it with the later half of its hitboxes' presence.

Basically you bair while floating, then float towards the character so the light hitbox hits.

Guarenteed 0-Death on the majority of the cast.

Gea

Smash Master
I don't get it. Are we supposed to hit with only the second hit of the back air? As in do a floating back air, but miss with the first and hit with the second? That's hard to do when you ground float because sometimes i land before the second hit of the back air is executed =( i have 100% accuracy with double hit back airs in the air because when i let go of the float, the second hit of the back air connects way before i land
Yes, it is MUCH harder to do than the video leads you to believe. Just practice it. The hardest part for me is doing them fast enough. Basically clawing seems to be the only practical method of spacing the bairs well enough to pull off the weak hit fast enough.

See if nair works better for you. Or using her *** instead of her hand. Its easier to get the weak hit through her *** for me, but the spacing is harder to maintain.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Not what you have to do at all, You simply have to start bair, and hit it with the later half of its hitboxes' presence.

Basically you bair while floating, then float towards the character so the light hitbox hits.

Guarenteed 0-Death on the majority of the cast.
Hmmm....I can do this in training mode pretty good now (claw is the only way, probably changing my playstyle lol). But....I'll leave it to you or Edrees to use it in a match :p

Everyone else who has the opportunity to regularly record matches; get up some matches using this tech. It'd be nice to see it used mid match.

Very nice progress friends...the other day we were brainstorming of ways to KO sooner with peach LMAO. nice...

chandy

Smash Journeyman
That's pure awesum. THis kind of thing is what Peach needs to move her up the tier list. All u tourney goers... Learn this NOW!!!!!!!! :D

AAP

Smash Journeyman
pretty wild find, i'll be more sold once i see it done in a match tho. I would think it'd take alot of practice to be able to space and time everything during a real match. But i think most important part is: its something new to practice.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
This is actually pretty cool =D

But I doubt I could pull this off considering how I use the controller, but I suppose I can give it a try =D

Nice find =D

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
At last something technical enough that I need to take my time to practice! ^^

I switched the R button to jump, since I don't use it for anything else. It's weird, but I'll get used to it I guess.

Top Bottom