• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT! Peach's Bair Trap (Vid)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Situational? >_>
You can pull it anytime 'til they catch the drift, it doesnt reqire a setup or sth.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sure it does, They can just DI up and way from your initial hit (Which they should be doing anyways), and they won't get bounced off the ground :p.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
How is this going for people? Has anyone managed to use it in a serious match?

I've only been able to do this claw stylee... and now my hand hurts =(

Niko_K

Smash Master
I did it yesterday in a match, but setting it up is incredibly difficult against a competent player. The intial hit just gets DI'd upwards and voila, no bounce on the ground = no bair lock.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
What Niko said - when opponents DI they won't bounce off the ground.

This isn't a god technique that will win you matches ,but it's a useful tool that you WILL use sometime. Shoudl we forget about stitchfaces because they are situational and rare? You WILL come across the situation or force it once every few matches at least and it will give you a free stock. Winning that tournament match would be the difference between 25th and 9th place sometimes. Situational yes. At the same time, I consider it crucial to know =)

Also, if someone sees you do it, they will want to sex you up, and if facing you later, be very scared of you.. both are useful xD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Remember this is like a jab lock - they're horribly situational

They can DI yes...will they have to input the DI the moment they get hit? If Peach hits them on the ground, chances are they will accidently DI left or right, especially if they're trying to hit you with something

I'm getting there to doing this...hows everyone else? I can manage to get 1 or 2 weak Bairs in and then I mess up. I'm not used to the claw position D:

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Remember this is like a jab lock - they're horribly situational

They can DI yes...will they have to input the DI the moment they get hit? If Peach hits them on the ground, chances are they will accidently DI left or right, especially if they're trying to hit you with something

I'm getting there to doing this...hows everyone else? I can manage to get 1 or 2 weak Bairs in and then I mess up. I'm not used to the claw position D:
Its hard to pull of Rickerdy .. Im practicing .. I got my brother 4 times so far thats my max... My brother isn't the best brawl player though rofl... I need to go against someone decent.. Im sort of playing a game with it - when someone gets to thirty percent I try my hardest to see how many times I can pull it off and I try to beat my old record.. It makes me learn it better and its pretty challenging/fun...

.. I need someone good to play Rickerdy-doo-da-day.. wanna play this weekend? I got a great connection ( Blue )

^
|

Rofl at above post.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Is it possible to start this with a dtilt then do bair trap?
Or can it just be done after a fair/bair??
This is so hard to do:(

Villi

Smash Lord
lol I didn't imagine the people watching would be ladies.

Bair lock: Chicks dig it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
lol I didn't imagine the people watching would be ladies.

Bair lock: Chicks dig it.
Haha, nope. Just some 230lb.+ smelly kid or some 108lb. smelly kid with his arms crossed and a grouchy look on his face, most likely wearing glasses as well. They'll dig it. :laugh:

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to start this with a dtilt then do bair trap?
Or can it just be done after a fair/bair??
This is so hard to do:(
I've tried to experiment with dtilt...

At 0% if dtilt is done twice consecutively, the second dtilt will spike. It might not be expected, and is very situational. The dtilt also provides the dtilt slide thing, so you automatically move back a bit, putting yourself in position to continue with the bair trap. I think if you don't get the dtilt slide, you'll hit with the wrong hitbox. It's really hard to pull of in an intense match though...

Just speculation <_<.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I've tried to experiment with dtilt...

At 0% if dtilt is done twice consecutively, the second dtilt will spike. It might not be expected, and is very situational. The dtilt also provides the dtilt slide thing, so you automatically move back a bit, putting yourself in position to continue with the bair trap. I think if you don't get the dtilt slide, you'll hit with the wrong hitbox. It's really hard to pull of in an intense match though...

Just speculation <_<.
Also true with Link's dtilt, I am pretty sure if they are above her hand, it spikes.
Same with Link's sword.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Omg. This is a amazing find. I just recently switched my main to peach and was getting a little discouraged on using her cause of he limited KO options but if i can get this down building up damage with this will allow me to not using my ko moves early in the match. And am i looking at a guaranteed up smash out of this??? O GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peach=high tier=definite possibility now.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i have known about this tech for a while now, its neat and everything but with DI you won't be able to keep the lock, or even if they tech the intial Fair which most skilled players will anyway, i found it out while playing friendlies at my monthly tourney and thought that it would be alot better, but after like literally 20 seconds they figured out they can just DI away and tech.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
At last something technical enough that I need to take my time to practice! ^^

I switched the R button to jump, since I don't use it for anything else. It's weird, but I'll get used to it I guess.
Exactly what I did! I think this is the easier way to do the bear trap ^^

<3 Peach

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So i got this down consistently but uh, i went to a tournament..and didn't see a single chance to use it except once in teams and I wasn't ready for it. Don't think its gonna be that useful

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
What Niko said - when opponents DI they won't bounce off the ground.

This isn't a god technique that will win you matches ,but it's a useful tool that you WILL use sometime. Shoudl we forget about stitchfaces because they are situational and rare? You WILL come across the situation or force it once every few matches at least and it will give you a free stock. Winning that tournament match would be the difference between 25th and 9th place sometimes. Situational yes. At the same time, I consider it crucial to know =)

Also, if someone sees you do it, they will want to sex you up, and if facing you later, be very scared of you.. both are useful xD

.!!!!!!!!!

Villi

Smash Lord
I held off learning this til finals were over... and I got it using the claw after my hand started cramping up from trying to do it without the c-stick. I really don't like the claw position... but using the A button I've managed to at least start the lock with both forward and backward bairs.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
We still <3 you Edreese
Tell me, have you ever tried B sticking Edreese?

Whilst this may be hard to pull off, disregarding it completely would be daft. If the oppertunity arises, it should be used

We could keep doing this and then finish the bouncing opponenet off with a (probably fresh after all the Bair hits) Fair right?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What's all this about it being situational?

I thought we could start it whenever. What about dtilt?

M@v

Subarashii!
its still a great find. Its more useful than most of the ATs out there, such as fox's flamedash xP

Top Bottom