• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Frame speed modifier eh? How do I get to that in PSA? Also, when you say size limit...Does that mean
we could just delete his Wait 2 and 3, given how they are the same as Wait 1, and not used anyway?
(Not sure what size limit has to do with....)

Heh. That was the same animation I was trying for(victory), but Keyframes kept messing with me. I'll touch that one up a bit, it's got a nice start :3

I'll try the .pac out tomorrow, kinda sleepy...Thanks :3

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Hey Thany, I'm pretty comfortable with animating, mind letting me have a look at the victory animation you have trouble with?

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have another go or two at it first, but after that I may seek your aid. :3

Problem is, when he raises the sword for me, suddenly, he starts raising it at the beginning of the animations.
Is there any way to turn keyframes off? o_o???

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Also, Thany, bear in mind that keyframes shoot up the filesize, so use them as sparingly as you can.

Thany

Smash Journeyman

Any of those in the bottom right corner the number you mean? o.o?

Also, Thany, bear in mind that keyframes shoot up the filesize, so use them as sparingly as you can.
W-w...Wha? o__o??? Aw man, but without key frames we get...Well, my first attempt at the counter animations I made.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm kinda lost... Is it any specific group of the numbers on the bottom right, or all of them or...?

Also;

OP update! That hot wait animation I've been slaving over for a while is available for download, as is
Eternal Yoshi's fix for the sword trail length...Plus I made Roy's eyes stay open for the ground-counter :3

(Keep in mind, the wait is a little fast...Guess I'll move on to victory animations next)

EDIT

I can honestly say the pacing for this Wait animation seemed perfect to me when I was in training mode and had set the speed to "2/3".
Just to give a general idea of a good speed to set it too. 1/2 was a little too slow...

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Okay, quick questions for anyone who knows in regards to making these animations...

1. Some animations, by default, allow me to edits which face is used. How can I add this option to, say, Wait1, where Marth's face doesn't change expression, and as such the option isn't there, unlike with counter, or victory animations?

2. Similar question, but Marth's eyes are typically always looking to his right. I made the Win2 animation last night, but those eyes are throwing things off. Can those being changed like the faces as well? If so, then how?

3. In regards to Win2, he...Doesn't speak his victory quote until after Winwait2 starts playing. I used
Win1 as a base for whatever bizarre reason, is that why?

EDIT

I'mma try to touch up his Wait animation to give it the correct speed after getting things settled with Win2.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE

Wait animation has been fixed; its pacing is now at a more reasonable speed.

Also, Win2 (and Winwait2) have been added to the Fitmotion file up for DL~ :Dc
(Just keep in mind that there's a little issue with the sound clip not playing on time ._.'''''''''''''''''')

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Ugh...Back to work after that Easter Break I guess.

Updated the OP, by the way with;

Guard On (Shielding, sword goes into defensive stance, no more reaching for his hip)
Guard Off(Again, no groping his hip for a sword that is not there)
Item Big (Gets big. Seems really happy when it happens :3)
Item Small(Looks pretty bummed out. Based on my own "bummed out" stance in real life ^_^')
Item Assist (Assist Trophy use. Commanding looking.)
AttackS4SHold (F-Smash charge up. Looks powerful, and less prissy than Marth's :3c)

Pretty minor stuff, I guess, but I have alot of things in mind for the minor animations to set he and Marth apart.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can test that out tomorrow. Haven't "been allowed" to use the Wii because of a certain sibling's antics, so I'm stealing it from his room tomorrow.

I haven't even tried those 6 recent animations I made in-game yet because of him >: (

But out of curiosity, what do you mean by "SSE attributes?" Does this affect how Roy plays in Subspace?
I know that the B+ Marth PSA makes him all...Heavy in SSE for some reason.

Anyway, I'll try this tomorrow, thanks a bunch Mr. Yoshi :3

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
But out of curiosity, what do you mean by "SSE attributes?" Does this affect how Roy plays in Subspace?
Characters have different attributes in SSE. Basically it makes them all feel more "normalized," and boring, is the common opinion.

It was done so that SSE wasn't stupidly difficult for some characters... Instead it was just stupid in general.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. Sort of like how they run pretty close to the same speed whether it be Sonic, Ganondorf, or whoever.

But in regards to Roy's SSE attributes(I used him over Ike, if that affects much)...

He's pretty much normal I find, except that his Down-Air has some MEGA landing lag on it ;_;
(Maybe B-Air too, I cannot recall.)

Like...Worse than Marth's landing D-Air in vBrawl ._.

Also, it's kinda nice to see Critical Hit(with ph1r3) return...For the time being.

The Win2 does have its voice clip playing, so that 's good, but it's a little premature I'd say.
It could stand to be about 20-30 frames later. Good work, though :3

Thany

Smash Journeyman
^ Excellent! :3

For some reason, I have alot of trouble finding those two victory taunts on Youtube...Plus the quality of them typically would be hard on the eyes.(Very close study and replaying the link to the vid that Eternal Yoshi posted was how I recreated Win2.)

This will help significantly(I have about 20 frames for Win3/The "Y" victory done;AKA, he's still crouched and barely budged ^_^' )

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
^ Excellent! :3

For some reason, I have alot of trouble finding those two victory taunts on Youtube...Plus the quality of them typically would be hard on the eyes.(Very close study and replaying the link to the vid that Eternal Yoshi posted was how I recreated Win2.)

This will help significantly(I have about 20 frames for Win3/The "Y" victory done;AKA, he's still crouched and barely budged ^_^' )

I Can't wait for Win1 and Win3!
I was searching for theme in youtube an i found it it took me 1 hour to found them :)
Happy to help =D

Thany

Smash Journeyman
OP updated with the newest .pac file that has his normal attributes match in SSE(sans D-Air, everything else syncs up nicely), Final Smash is Critical Hit with Fire again...For now. Win2's SFX plays during Win2 now. Thanks to Eternal Yoshi for this~

Fitmotion also has a new entry animation I made, reminiscent of his FE 6 attack when equipped with the Sword of Seals...Just needs some GFX ^_^'

Might not be working on this as much as I want to for a bit. Feeling the sickest I've felt for an entire decade, starting from about 4 days ago. *shakes fist at post office man* Painful coughs that are from DEEP within the chest, I cannot speak almost at all, etc.

But I'm normally speedy on the recover. ^_^'

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
OP updated with the newest .pac file that has his normal attributes match in SSE(sans D-Air, everything else syncs up nicely), Final Smash is Critical Hit with Fire again...For now. Win2's SFX plays during Win2 now. Thanks to Eternal Yoshi for this~

Fitmotion also has a new entry animation I made, reminiscent of his FE 6 attack when equipped with the Sword of Seals...Just needs some GFX ^_^'

Might not be working on this as much as I want to for a bit. Feeling the sickest I've felt for an entire decade, starting from about 4 days ago. *shakes fist at post office man* Painful coughs that are from DEEP within the chest, I cannot speak almost at all, etc.

But I'm normally speedy on the recover. ^_^'
Great!!!! :D

Hope you get well soon :D

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Well. Still feeling very un-well, but I figure we need a debate on something kinda important about Roy.

Final Smash.

I personally have an idea in mind for a 7 stage fire slash attack, or if it were possible, for him to hurl is cape at a target and mimic Colonel's Blind Rain Shower from MMBN5 (Not MMBN6 version), or...Something like Mario's, but with a sword, and better. ^_^'

I figure this'll be the last, or next-to last thing implemented though. Maybe having multiple .pac files for diff FS versions or something.

Debate away~

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well, I don't like the idea of it being like Mario's, but a 7-attack sword move?

Sounds awesome, and unlike Marth's. Take care not to make it too much like Link's, though. ;)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, I got the idea(read: completely ripped it off) of an attack the Final Boss does in MegaMan Zero 3 >:3 8

Well, not fully ripped it off. Our's'll have PHIRE! >:Dc

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I was so gonna suggest that. Have him raise his sword, it is then engulfed in flames, then slashes it releasing a large flaming arc. If it hits someone, it explodes dealing an extra hit to anyone close-by. Keep the properties of the original Critical Hit (The whole health gauge thing). And Use the effects from the starting great aether slash for the projectile.

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
I was so gonna suggest that. Have him raise his sword, it is then engulfed in flames, then slashes it releasing a large flaming arc. If it hits someone, it explodes dealing an extra hit to anyone close-by. Keep the properties of the original Critical Hit (The whole health gauge thing). And Use the effects from the starting great aether slash for the projectile.
Don't forget the exploding tower, I was actually thinking the slash should send the victim into it

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Well. Still feeling very un-well, but I figure we need a debate on something kinda important about Roy.

Final Smash.

I personally have an idea in mind for a 7 stage fire slash attack, or if it were possible, for him to hurl is cape at a target and mimic Colonel's Blind Rain Shower from MMBN5 (Not MMBN6 version), or...Something like Mario's, but with a sword, and better. ^_^'

I figure this'll be the last, or next-to last thing implemented though. Maybe having multiple .pac files for diff FS versions or something.

Debate away~
Okay.. debating on this thing..

<_< I'mma be honest.. I am not liking this. It's not because I put my own idea down earlier (which of course is a ***** to code with our current resources), but simply because it's not very.. original..

Ike has the multi-hit after initial catch for fiery explosion awesomeness, and Marth's is just a freaking super hit (which in the Fire Emblem case, criticals are).

Link also has a multi-hit after initial catch.. As does his Toony counterpart.

<__< So mostly, we need a unique final smash that is reminiscent of the game he was in with his most powerful move. Example: "One huge slash that burns and explodes from the inside outward that covers a specific portion of the screen.. to be balanced, it would need to powerful in the middle and less on the outsides.."

or something..

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Balancing a Final Smash is a pointless endeavor, unless you plan on balancing ALL of them.
I have an idea for balancing Super Sonic.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Balancing a Final Smash is a pointless endeavor, unless you plan on balancing ALL of them.
I have an idea for balancing Super Sonic.
Super Sonic's attacks are based on how hard he hits you while flying, and you can dodge it.. unless he stands on you in which case it doesn't hit as hard.

>_> It's all about making the moves powerful, but not ridiculously unstoppable. It has to be on about the same power level as every other Final Smash.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Super Sonic's attacks are based on how hard he hits you while flying, and you can dodge it.. unless he stands on you in which case it doesn't hit as hard.
The problem is, there shouldn't even BE a hitbox if he isn't moving fast. That "weak" hitbox is super abusable. Just try to survive against a lvl9 CPU that has Super Sonic and see why.

>_> It's all about making the moves powerful, but not ridiculously unstoppable. It has to be on about the same power level as every other Final Smash.
Ridiculously unstoppable is a term that can describe Sonic's FS in the hands of a master or lvl9 CPU, as well as a few others like the Landmasters.

Just do what you wish with the Final Smash.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Sooo...Um...Slight snag, but...

Well, I made a few more animations, but they freeze when I try them in-game...Or so I thought.

Afterwards, I took a blank Marth fitmotion file and put those new animations I made in it...No freeze.

This means the FitMotion file appears to have hit its size limit...Is there any way to reduce its size? There are far far FAR too many animations I still need to put on it... ;_; (Also, this was using Roy over Ike that this issue came up.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Remove extraneous keyframes, and sometimes the newest Brawlbox mod has a problem with saving animations inside a motion.pac file. Extract all of the changed animations and port them into a fresh motion.pac and test it out.

Top Bottom