• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

camerino1

Smash Lord
You guys are making a Roy for Brawl? Is it okay if I say I love you guys in a brotherly way? I will help any way I possibly can if you need anything!

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Camerino, I will accept nothing less than your entire body devoted to love. .__. If you cannot perform, you will be replaced.

As for helping, if you know how to code or edit sounds or edit textures or do any other technical stuff related to Brawlbox and it's counterparts, then say so and Thany may put you to work.

Also, ideas are always helpful, so feel free to share them and know that they will be criticized (and occasionally liked). >-> Above all else, know this: "Roy's our boy!" (or if you prefer: "Roy Roy Roy!")

camerino1

Smash Lord
Well, I have an idea for his final smash. This one is sorta like Wario. Make his sword all firey and do 3X damage in percent, but same knockback. Not over-powered (I think) and it will be reminescent of FE6 because it's doing 3X damage. Just an idea though.

Maybe add a little something on top of this if you want, added speed or even added knockback, I was thinking of combo potential with this (which might be bad, final smash should kill...). But it's just a thought.

HUUUUUUGE EDIT: Increase hit stun, he already has an instant kill attack. So, increase hitstun and add huge amounts of combo potential with his attacks to rack up the damage. (From what I have read he is lacking hitstun.) So again, just a thought, but it's original!

Thany

Smash Journeyman
You know what? I really like how that FS sounds :3 Especially because of how I can picture Roy standing there with the Sword of Seals blazing
so brilliantly :3 Not too mention it really stands out from the other swordsmen's FS's too :3

Also, clean, clean, clean all of the animations to remove the references to Ike's bones.
Erm...Clean? o.o???

I saw an option in BBox that says clean, but I have no idea what it does.

Remove extraneous keyframes, and sometimes the newest Brawlbox mod has a problem with saving animations inside a motion.pac file.
Extract all of the changed animations and port them into a fresh motion.pac and test it out.

Wierd. I mean, this is the first time this has happened, and I've added alot of animations since the beginning of this escapade...
But I have a question about the keyframes... Could I make animation with keyframes, then after I'm done with it, remove the keyframes
but without changing the animation at that point? Keyframes are pretty much my saving grace...
That counter animation(that needs a MAJOR overhaul) I made was from before I learned how to use keyframes...So choppy and horrid looking ;_;

I'll try putting them into a fresh FitMarthmotion file in a day or two. I'm...Not recovering at all it seems, so I figure I should stop putting this off and get back to work.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
You know what? I really like how that FS sounds :3 Especially because of how I can picture Roy standing there with the Sword of Seals blazing
so brilliantly :3 Not too mention it really stands out from the other swordsmen's FS's too :3

Erm...Clean? o.o???

I saw an option in BBox that says clean, but I have no idea what it does.

Wierd. I mean, this is the first time this has happened, and I've added alot of animations since the beginning of this escapade...
But I have a question about the keyframes... Could I make animation with keyframes, then after I'm done with it, remove the keyframes
but without changing the animation at that point? Keyframes are pretty much my saving grace...
That counter animation(that needs a MAJOR overhaul) I made was from before I learned how to use keyframes...So choppy and horrid looking ;_;

I'll try putting them into a fresh FitMarthmotion file in a day or two. I'm...Not recovering at all it seems, so I figure I should stop putting this off and get back to work.
As ds22 said, use clean on EVERYTHING you edit.

Also. Don't get back into this 'til you recover, this is only a hobby, this won't help in your recovery, take your time and re-work on this when you're totally healthy.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It cleans out redundant keyframes. For example, if one bone in a three frame animation has a yellow highlight over a value, let's say it's Rotate Z, and it's exactly the same value in each frame, cleaning it will make all of those normal frames as you do not need the keyframes at all. Note that keyframes take up a good deal more space than regular frames. IIRC, only BrawlBox 0.62 is able to do this. Later versions strangely lost this feature.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Thanks, I was trying to think of something that would stand out and I came up with that. Would it be difficult to work with though? I would think it has to be tested quite a bit because of how awkward it might be.

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, I was trying to think of something that would stand out and I came up with that. Would it be difficult to work with though? I would think it has to be tested quite a bit because of how awkward it might be.
Wouldn't It act just like another Transformation FS? It wouldn't be weird at all. It's different to other FE characters, yes. I will agree on this.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Okay, before I attempt to clean the animations I have two questions...

#1 Do I hit "CLEAN" on every frame, one at a time?

#2 Also, Gamedominator06, I have BrawlBox v0.63d - Modset 4. You mentioned that the "CLEAN" option only seems to work with older versions...
Do you know where I could find an older version of BBox?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
#2 Also, Gamedominator06, I have BrawlBox v0.63d - Modset 4. You mentioned that the "CLEAN" option only seems to work with older versions...
Do you know where I could find an older version of BBox?
KC:MM forums, in the equivalent of our Tutorial and Help subforum. There should be an animating tutorial in there somewhere (should be stickied).

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone.

Also, can someone test this out before I add it to the OP?

http://www.mediafire.com/?96q588ocn1c38pa

I've pseudo-taught myself a teeny tiny bit of PSA, and I've only tried this over Ike-Roy to see if it works.
(I also made a pseudo-invincible Fox for the sake of Cruel Brawl and 15 minute Brawl...Ick...)

I've restored the sparkly, magic circled goodness that Marth and Ike have on their entry animations, which was...Absent with Roy's for some reason...All you'd need to do is make sure it doesn't freeze, enter a match, see if the GFX are there, then end the match and report your findings.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Wouldn't It act just like another Transformation FS? It wouldn't be weird at all. It's different to other FE characters, yes. I will agree on this.
I don't think so, he isn't transforming it's his sword. So he can still be hurt. What I was thinking to make it better was increased priority: DED first hit has higher then ikes side smash sorta thing. So he can end combos quickly if anyone tried to get him in one while he was like this.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Erm...I've been looking over some of these animations I made and I've noticed that even things like TopN have keyframes for
some reason, or even TransN for his wait animation... o__o???

Should I go through each animation and delete the keyframes of each bone that are unnesscary?
(Couldn't find BBox v.0.62...So I'm manually cleaning them.)

Seems wierd that some nodes I've never touched have them. Moreso ones that don't do anything for the animation in question...

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Erm...There's one on the Brawl Vault, I think Renkaken may have made it. But its reduced size comes from a fitmotion file, I believe.

...Something I'll have to get around to doing somehow...Shrinking Roy(and hopefully NOT redoing every animation I've made. Eheheheh ^_^'''')

OP UPDATE!

Re-added the magic circle and sparkles for Roy's entry, added 4 new swim animations, and have run the animations through an older version
of BrawlBox to clean them.(Turns out alot of Marth's normal animations needed cleaning, too) o.o'

Works fine over Marth or Ike~ :D

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
GFX = Graphics
SFX = Sound Effects

BTW Thany i donwload the fitmotion and some animation are in the T-Pose.....
Awwww.... why did you put the ather final smash that final smash sucks.... i love the critical one :(
Hey Thanks for the Sparkly, Magic Circled That's good :) (It dosen't freeze...)
And Good Swim Animation I Love that one's :)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Oy...There we go. (fixed link)

CH w/ Fire keeps escaping me somehow... *deletes all other Roy.pacs* Anyway, that ~should~ have Critical Hit with Fire, and the sparkly entry...I hope : /

Also, to reduce filesize, I have purposely made Wait2, Wait3 and Attack12 just be 1 frame of T-posed Roy,
to cut down further on the filesize.(As Roy's moveset doesn't use them anyway)

I'll re-post the fitmotion file in a bit, as when I was cleaning the frames, Win2 got screwed up again. It's too rigid and stiff looking now, plus that
accursed sound clip is being slow once more.

Back in a minute or two...

EDIT

Arrg...Does anyone have a preivous copy of the .pac BEFORE I tried to add entry GFX to it? apparently I don't need to wait for my test results to prove I'm a collosal R-word -___-

RE-EDIT

Actually, nevermind. I can piece it back together in PSA. I'm learning! Through my own failures! Yaaaaaay! :D

EDIT EDIT

...Rragg...

EDIT

FIXED!
HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Thany

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone know how size mods work?

I saw one on the Brawl Vault for Roy, but its Fitmotion file has Marth's animations. Seeing as how with our Fitmotion file, Roy is actually slightly bigger than Marth, we need to change his size.

All I could see was that the YRotN bone was renamed(To YRoyN. Tee hee) and that its scaling was set to 0.9 for the X, Y and Z axis, as well as something I forgot having -1.3

Anybody have any know-how as to how it works? Is that all I'd need to do?

And I have one PSA/one more Fitmotion file related question.

If I delete extra animations in the Fitmotion(wait2, and 3, as well as Attack12) and remove them from the PSA by removing everything under Main, GFX, SFX and other, as well as renaming it to "NONE" will that work? As in not mess up in any significant way? Figure we could use all the space conservation we can get.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK Before you do something you regret, if you want to mod the size of Roy, please use the PSA attribute character size to make him smaller.

It's faster, less time cosuming, and doesn't up the file size.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to find it under attributes. Most of the things listed have no description aside from;

0x000 Walk Initial Velocity
0x004 Walk Acceleration
0x008 Walk Maximum Velocity
0x00C Stopping Velocity
0x010 Dash & Stop Turn Initial Velocity
0x014 Stop Turn Deceleration
0x018 Stop Turn Acceleration
0x01C Run Initial Velocity
*0x030 Jump Startup Time
0x038 Jump V Initial Velocity
0x040 Jump H Initial Velocity
0x044 Hop V Initial Velocity
0x048 Air Jump Multiplier
0x050 Footstool V Initial Velocity
*0x060 Jumps
0x064 Gravity
0x068 Terminal Velocity
0x074 Air Mobility
0x078 Air Stopping Mobility
0x07C Maximum H Air Velocity
0x0B0 Weight
0x0C4 Shield Size
0x0C8 Shield Break Bounce Velocity
0x0F8 Edge Jump V Velocity
0x0FC Edge Jump H Velocity
0x118 Item Throw Strength
0x128 Projectile Weapon Use Move Speed
0x12C Projectile Weapon Use F Dash Speed
0x130 Projectile Weapon Use B Dash Speed
0x15C Tag Height
0x164 Walljump H Velocity
0x168 Walljump V Velocity

Goes all the way up to *0x2E0. I've got version 1.3 of PW's Smash Attacks! program.

Is my PSA prog outdated, or is one of those mysterious, unnamed ones the size mod? *confused*

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a bunch Mr.Yoshi. You've saved my skin again :3

OP update!

Roy's size has been fixed! Yaaay! :D

*puts on Miltank costume and dances*

EDIT

To avoid me misplacing, or mixing up .pac files again, I am going to, with this recent update, start naming the .pacs "FitRoyV(number)"
Not gonna head into decimals or anything. Not so "professional", but I'm a simple person. .__.

This one has been dubbed RoyV2 *tries to hold back a MegaMan Battle Network joke*

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Question: Do I need homebrew to download the new Roy onto my SSBB (I'm pretty sure I do, but I think I'm past v4.0 on my Wii...)
No, you only need StackSmash, though you won't have any custom stage maker stages then and you won't be able to have things like emulators etc. on your Wii, so personally I'd recommend getting the Homebrew Channel.

:phone:

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
OK, so after playing around with Roy and his new size, I think he still needs to be a bit smaller, maybe make him .9 or .87 Marth's original size

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Well...I did try making him 0.9 the first time, but he was waaaaay to small when I did so.

Marth and Roy are actually pretty close in height. Roy's only about...Well, if Marth were missing 1/4 off the top of his head, they'd stand almost identical in height.(When taking the same stance. Like...This beginning of either of their Wait animations)

I may need to re-reference Melee in a bit to check.

(Plus I messed up twice by forgetting that decimal and put his size at 9. Oh my, that was so funny. Roy was 1/3 the size of the Melee temple at least two times when I was messing with his size. Tee hee X3)

camerino1

Smash Lord
You should make a download for that... give us super-Roy for fun matches and other funnies :p. So I am going to find an SD card soon so I can get Homebrew channel, then get Roy.... he is so awesome.

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Aw man I really wish i could see whats goin on with this I finaly got a computer to help out but now my Wii is at a pawn shop. I'm gettin it back soon. Can anyone upload or direct me to a vid on what Roy's up to now?

Top Bottom