• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Mmm. That's pretty good. Kinda wanted to show off Counter, but I'm still pleased :3.
I totally forgot about Counter. lol. I'll make a video of me fighting a friend later, probably.

Maybe we could have another one sometime that shows him off in battle? That'd be grand :3 Plus showing the Win2 animation. I think it turned out very well.(Hold Y after winning)

Forgot to mention it with the latest upload, but I did fix how Roy's leg is going from Win2 to Winwait2.
Now that I have my Capture Card in hand, you can expect as many videos as you wish. I'll make one with a friend later. =P Showing off the counter and Win2 animation (It triggers pressing Y? I didn't know that. Is it like that for every character's Win2 animation, or just for Roy's?)

...Also, does anyone else remember if N-Air always had non-existent range like that?
*Checks* No, it's more like Marth's hitbox. Should be able to hit both times, and easier, since Roy falls faster than Marth.

But also, where did you get the BRSTM used on that stage? I li~kes it <3
It's from Secret of Mana (Best RPG of the Snes, in my opinion. <.>) Here's the link

[/B]

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Video added to OP. Yayz for Counter and Win2! :D

It triggers pressing Y? I didn't know that. Is it like that for every character's Win2 animation, or just for Roy's?
Works for all characters. Since Melee, if you hold the B, Y or X button after you win, it'll play their Win1, Win2, or Win3 respectively :3c

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
Works for all characters. Since Melee, if you hold the B, Y or X button after you win, it'll play their Win1, Win2, or Win3 respectively :3c
Really? i din't know that two XD The dodge look better :D i'm not expert on doing animations so that's why :D

And why roy saids something when you use B Up?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
A friend of mine linked me the old topic on Facebook today commenting how it was awesome how you guys kept this alive til February. So I stopped by to check it out and see what else was new. I graduated college and moved into the adult world so I don't have time for things like Roy like I used to but I wanted to stop by and say thanks.

Thank you for all the hard work everyone put into Roy to make him into the character he is today. It means a lot to watch you guys go the extra miles to make this dream a reality. Looking back I barely started the rough draft which you guys took and ran with. Sorry for never being around and forcing a new topic to be opened but I'm glad you guys are doing this. Hope things are going well and I'll try and play with all of this in the coming days. Sadly, my Wii hasn't been set up for months when I started working. :(

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
A friend of mine linked me the old topic on Facebook today commenting how it was awesome how you guys kept this alive til February. So I stopped by to check it out and see what else was new. I graduated college and moved into the adult world so I don't have time for things like Roy like I used to but I wanted to stop by and say thanks.

Thank you for all the hard work everyone put into Roy to make him into the character he is today. It means a lot to watch you guys go the extra miles to make this dream a reality. Looking back I barely started the rough draft which you guys took and ran with. Sorry for never being around and forcing a new topic to be opened but I'm glad you guys are doing this. Hope things are going well and I'll try and play with all of this in the coming days. Sadly, my Wii hasn't been set up for months when I started working. :(
Wow, been ages since I've seen you over here. Glad to see you're doing good on your life. Also, being in the adult world doesn't means one needs to stop gaming! :D

Glad to see you around, really.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
!
It's really him! :D

DADDY!-I mean...Goodoldganon!

Really glad you like what everyone's done for Roy in your absence :3 But I think you're the real hero here, I mean we'd have nothing to further mold into what we envision the complete Roy if not for you and your crew from days past. :3

*feeling humbled and lost for words*

Oh! Good luck with your future endeavors :D *gets back to work*

RoytheRoyalBoy

Smash Cadet
Hey Wolf, can we play sometimes and you can record my Roy? I haven't used the Roy PSA in a long time but I can play him pretty well and i want to show that to other people

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Hey Wolf, can we play sometimes and you can record my Roy? I haven't used the Roy PSA in a long time but I can play him pretty well and i want to show that to other people
Surething! PM me your Msn, we could play matches now and then. =)

@Thany, you should consider updating the recolors. Also, we should make a full Roy Pack for downloading, instead of separated links, imo.

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
I actually wasn't mad, just curious, sorry.
Also I've been making small edits to my recolors which I'll put up soon to replace the old ones

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
I actually wasn't mad, just curious, sorry.
Also I've been making small edits to my recolors which I'll put up soon to replace the old ones
I still didn't want you to feel like I disliked yours, so, I re-stated it just in case.

I just think some recolors need to be made with Roy's Vertex's last version, so, I can't wait to see how they come out. :p

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I just think some recolors need to be made with Roy's Vertex's last version, so, I can't wait to see how they come out. :p
Erm...Oh, do you mean using the RoyV2 recolour textures, but editing them to fit with RoyV3?

Thany, what do you think of these animations?
I think they're pretty nice, I like the FE6-ish charge up. But I've seen a video where there appears to be another Wait animation where Roy uses his left arm to brush his cape off to his side/behind him. Kinda wondering where that animation came from, looked nice.

Heh. Tormod is from FEs 9 and 10, and Thany is from FE6. We're named after FE characters and make animations :3

Also, I wanted to make Roy's normal sword attack in FE6 where he lunges forward be an attack for this PSA, but I'm not sure where to put it. I was thinking F-Tilt, but I also kinda want to Make F-Tilt look closer to Marth's, but instead have Roy grab the sword with both hands and swing it upwards in front of him.(But making this animation play out correctly in BBox is...Proving to be troublesome...)

Also, any ideas for the Jab/Attack11 animation? This was another possible place that I thought his FE6 stab could go.

EDIT: Also the FE6 stab attack would inch Roy in the direction you face ^_^

Thany

Smash Journeyman
and why roy saids something when you use b up?
That's because of an edit I made. When using the Smashbros BRSAR on the opening page, it has Roy making the "Nyaag!" sound he made when using his Up B in Melee. Without it, however, we get Marth's voice producing the fully charged Shield Breaker yell he does.

i have a animations for the victory taunts that somebody can do! Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ac902ov7ch0gp44

Good thing I made Win1 the other day :3

OP update!

Win1 and Winwait1 have been added(hold B when you win a match), as well as fixing the rolling dodge animations, plus a minor aesthetic change to the 4th down hit to make it less...Marth-like...Only slightly. ^_^'

daniel13789

Smash Rookie
I have a couple of questions about this that I'm kinda worried about (still kinda new to the hacking scene).
Are the only files needed for this the PAC and the Motion?
Would I need a modified .rel file if I were to put this PSA over R.O.B?
Would ANY Marth texture/model work with this?

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
I have a couple of questions about this that I'm kinda worried about (still kinda new to the hacking scene).
Are the only files needed for this the PAC and the Motion?
Would I need a modified .rel file if I were to put this PSA over R.O.B?
Would ANY Marth texture/model work with this?
Of Course you can if u want to put this PSA Over R.O.B Have it like this:
FitRobot
FitRobotMotionEct

daniel13789

Smash Rookie
Of Course you can if u want to put this PSA Over R.O.B Have it like this:
FitRobot
FitRobotMotionEct
I got that much in the Readme; so you don't need any kind of special .rel file? Also I tried that with the Roy model by Beyond (& Pik), but the game froze after I chose a stage. So does this require some special kind of texture/model?
Not sure if this info will be helpful or not but I'm only using the file patch code. I can't use Riivolution because it freezes my Wii at some points.

I really appreciate the help though!

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
I got that much in the Readme; so you don't need any kind of special .rel file? Also I tried that with the Roy model by Beyond (& Pik), but the game froze after I chose a stage. So does this require some special kind of texture/model?
Not sure if this info will be helpful or not but I'm only using the file patch code. I can't use Riivolution because it freezes my Wii at some points.

I really appreciate the help though!
Well You Need A .rel

Also Want to play with roy online Donwload This!: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=10879&Moderated=0

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I'm back from my pilgrimage. T'was a long and difficult journey, and I managed to defeat a spectre of mine that had been haunting me for awhile. I also got this cool sword *holds sword in the air* Yep. My ultimate weapon sidequest...Anyway...

OP Update!

Attack 11 looks WAAAY more like Melee's
2nd normal Side B hit has been given a cool "spin" on things.
3rd down Side B has been revamped, using Melee as a direct reference(I have a Wii and a comp in my room now, so I won't have to go off my awful memory to remake old Melee animations.)
4th up hit of Side B has been changed.

We have a new BRSAR on the OP, thanks to Raijinmaru, Indernape99 and I guess myself as well ^_^

Moveset.pac has better looking sword trails now.
SFX have been remapped to fit with the new BRSAR
F-Tilt's tip now functions differently.

Also, all the necessary files for porting characters are now included, as well as the corresponding codes. Thanks to Wolfric for the Jigglypuff and Yoshi .rels, and whoever made them for...Making them ^_^'

Ugh...Lord I'm tired. I'll have to hold off for a bit before responding to questions people have had for me. Meant to get to bed before sun-up. Toodles~ ZZzzzzz....

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
Woww!!! You are back! :DDDD
Also:
Hey Thany! One thing i see that roy when he charges B He closes his eyes and with the mouth close

Melee Dodge V0.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?dbn4m1kfnjfkzk3
Melee Roy Cliff
http://www.mediafire.com/?sde1hxfk86l5z9u
And:
Also Want to play with roy online Donwload This!: http://www.mediafire.com/?4x9mhvkhhs8zi1h

Roy SFX For Kirby: http://www.mediafire.com/?882dn8dd1db2qc0

Melee Roy Up Smash: http://www.mediafire.com/?73t1jon9btcil9j

Melee Roy Down Smash: http://www.mediafire.com/?cuhmz6mh8ysr9pu

And Also Im Thinking Roy PSA Will Be Over Soon...

TrickyTony

Smash Rookie
I am trying to apply over Yoshi but am having some issue. I am using Brawl + through a usbloader. I tried using a few programs to edit the codes .gct with no luck, I do not think the .pac or .rel are the issue, if someone would kindly post a Brawl+ .gct with Roy over Yoshi that would make my weekend!

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I am trying to apply over Yoshi but am having some issue. I am using Brawl + through a usbloader. I tried using a few programs to edit the codes .gct with no luck, I do not think the .pac or .rel are the issue, if someone would kindly post a Brawl+ .gct with Roy over Yoshi that would make my weekend!
If youre using USB loader, cant you just replace all the neccesary files in the iso, then trow it back on the usb?

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Hey Thany! One thing i see that roy when he charges B He closes his eyes and with the mouth close
Mmm, he does do that in Melee for Flare Blade, but I kinda want to have him maintain his current expression for that attack. It seems more intimidating with his eyes glaring and his mouth open as he charges up for what can be an incredibly devastating attack(Also, fun to use on someone whose shield has just broken...Heh heh heh...) Then again, I may switch it so his eyes are closed at a later date. He, Marth and Ike'd each have a different expression for their B move(Also, use Ike's eruption in the air, pause, and look at his face. It's rather silly :3 )

Also, I can help with the Cliff animations, as well as make the others ones it leads into, like Cliff Attack, and etc. For the Up and Down smash, I was only going to make some minor aesthetic changes to the actual attack animation itself, but the gesture is appreciated :3 (I've also finished a revamp of the Wait animation that I'll put in the next upload. Looks waaaaaaaay more accurate than the current one :3 )

And good job with Kirby's SFX(I forgot we even had a Kirby hat for Roy .___.''') It'd be great if we could take Roy's hair and sword and...Erm...I think the term is Hexing them onto the Roy Kirby(With BeyondYou's permission, of course). Maybe seeing if the Project M team will allow us to use a Melee-Shield Breaker Kirby animation for FlareBlade(If they have the animation done, I'm not sure if Kirby was in the demo or not *shrug* Haven't been keeping up...)

(...I should also get around to asking if I can use their Marth-improved-range animations for the attacks I'm not going to change for Roy...Good ol' clones <3 )

Also, how did you manage to edit the various things in your Roy Wifi pack like the Info.pac? I can't seem to do it with any version of Brawlbox, because I keep getting an error that won't let me save ;___;
If you could make packs like that where you switch in the Roy names and CSPs and stuff for the other characters, that'd be awesome :3 (The others are; Ike, Yoshi, Ness, R.O.B., and Jigglypuff)

And I have another favour to ask of you, Infernape99. You were able to find great quality recordings of Roy's Win1 and Win3 animations from Melee. Could you find me a nice, clear recording of Win2 as well?(Hold "Y" when you win) I'd like to try to revamp that animation in the near future, and your Win1 and 3 video really helped me out with making Roy's Win1. (Plus I can't pause or study it in training mode at 1/4 speed, so having Melee running on my TV with BrawlBox next to it on my computer would, sadly, prove to be a fruitless endeavor ^_^''')

And Also Im Thinking Roy PSA Will Be Over Soon...
Hrm...Well, my original intent was to have this finished by the end of Summer. You may be right, but I'm not so sure myself. But recently it feels like the progress on this has come leaps and bounds since I took over. Who can say, I guess <:3

Well, I was a bit late for the weekend, but I've sent you a PM containing two different links for B+'s .gct. I hope it works for you :3

Fun fact: In Melee, if Roy picks up a Metalbox, or turns invisible, his shoulder pads disappear from his model ^_^'''

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
Also, I can help with the Cliff animations, as well as make the others ones it leads into, like Cliff Attack, and etc. For the Up and Down smash, I was only going to make some minor aesthetic changes to the actual attack animation itself, but the gesture is appreciated :3 (I've also finished a revamp of the Wait animation that I'll put in the next upload. Looks waaaaaaaay more accurate than the current one :3 )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool I Can't Wait :D And Also Im Working On The Left,Rigth Smash! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And good job with Kirby's SFX(I forgot we even had a Kirby hat for Roy .___.''') It'd be great if we could take Roy's hair and sword and...Erm...I think the term is Hexing them onto the Roy Kirby(With BeyondYou's permission, of course). Maybe seeing if the Project M team will allow us to use a Melee-Shield Breaker Kirby animation for FlareBlade(If they have the animation done, I'm not sure if Kirby was in the demo or not *shrug* Haven't been keeping up...)
Well Im Trying Now That But Is Really Difficult :/!! And For The Animation For Kirby When He Charges Im Working On That Too :D But Is Difficult Because Remember That Kirby Has Less Bones Than Roy/Marth
Also, how did you manage to edit the various things in your Roy Wifi pack like the Info.pac? I can't seem to do it with any version of Brawlbox, because I keep getting an error that won't let me save ;___;
If you could make packs like that where you switch in the Roy names and CSPs and stuff for the other characters, that'd be awesome :3 (The others are; Ike, Yoshi, Ness, R.O.B., and Jigglypuff)
Well I Use Now Brawbox Modset 64 By BlackJax96 You Can Donwload It Here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.0
And For The Wi-fi Pack Of Course I Will Do It,It For Ike, Yoshi , Ness , R.O.B., And Jiggly
Ok I Will Tell U When Is Done :D
And I have another favour to ask of you, Infernape99. You were able to find great quality recordings of Roy's Win1 and Win3 animations from Melee. Could you find me a nice, clear recording of Win2 as well?(Hold "Y" when you win) I'd like to try to revamp that animation in the near future, and your Win1 and 3 video really helped me out with making Roy's Win1. (Plus I can't pause or study it in training mode at 1/4 speed, so having Melee running on my TV with BrawlBox next to it on my computer would, sadly, prove to be a fruitless endeavor ^_^''')
Ok I Will Try Too Find Better Ones And Ill Tell U :D

BIG UPDATE!
Thany KTH Has Reased Melee Roy And This One Is The Real One :D (Got Permission Of KTH)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20677&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Melee Roy Left,Rigth Smash
http://www.mediafire.com/?hmcjni5jcej4t06

Melee Dodge V0.4 Final!
http://www.mediafire.com/?jt2mvcfyav6vaw6

Full Kirby Pack For Roy (Animations And Hats)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bwqof0tbo8ao5tb
They Are Some Glichts The Hair Sometimes Goes Orange Im Trying To Fix That :D
And On The Animations A Glicht On The Sword Maybe U Can Fix That Thany :D

Melee Roy Wi-fi Pack Or Roy Full Pack (Ike Import)
http://www.mediafire.com/?xdc2mw22vkxhcxu

Melee Roy Wi-fi Pack Or Roy Full Pack (R.O.B Import)
http://www.mediafire.com/?em26cf83629tte8

Melee Roy Wi-fi Pack Or Roy Full Pack (Ness Import)
http://www.mediafire.com/?i0chasc880wqd82 (2 More)

Melee Wi-fi Pack Or Full Pack (Yoshi Import)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6ddesj240px1mju

Thany One Thing I Have Seen Many,Several Of Glichts On The FitMarth(Roy)

Top Bottom