• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Harry (from Teleroboxer)

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Ah Harry...

I'd be so intensely amused if Harry's standard color scheme was the Virtual Boy style primary red hues...

And while it's a great game, I still think WarioLand for Virtual Boy is better (ay, my Virtual Boy's sitting right over ---> there, and yes, it's been played recently.)

It would be nice to see someone clearly off of the Virtual Boy appear in Brawl.

BTW Parrothead, good to see you! Don't know if you spotted it or not, but Harry's one of the characters in that big Grand Finale image I did. He's just a bit to the right of Geno. While I like his real color scheme, I'm definitely going to do him up in Virtual Boy red-tones, as it's what I'm used to seeing him in.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Ah Harry...

I'd be so intensely amused if Harry's standard color scheme was the Virtual Boy style primary red hues...

And while it's a great game, I still think WarioLand for Virtual Boy is better (ay, my Virtual Boy's sitting right over ---> there, and yes, it's been played recently.)

BTW Parrothead, good to see you! Don't know if you spotted it or not, but Harry's one of the characters in that big Grand Finale image I did. He's just a bit to the right of Geno. While I like his real color scheme, I'm definitely going to do him up in Virtual Boy red-tones, as it's what I'm used to seeing him in.
It's good to see you too, Algus Underdunk. You came here because the NSider forum administrators decided to stop members from doing almost everything in the forum, right?

Virtual Boy Wario Land was originally under the name "Wario Cruise", and the name appeared on the Virtual Boy's box. The name was changed very shortly before its release.

It seems that the "Know Your Newcomers: The Midquel" video got more views than your "Know Your Newcomers: The Movie" video. I don't know why.

If you want to see all (or most) character threads, then go to the Character Index thread, it's one of the stickied threads.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It's good to see you too, Algus Underdunk. You came here because the NSider forum administrators decided to stop members from doing almost everything in the forum, right?
Actually, he's here because the Nsider Forums are GONE. Yup, as of September 17 - and with NO forewarning whatsoever - NOA's official online community of some four years was shut down indefinitely . I'm not sure, but I wonder if it has something to do with Nintendo selling off Nintendo Power to Future US. Now I've had issues with the Nsiders from time to time, as some may well know, but I really hate to see it go just like that... At any rate, alot of the former Nsiders are now regrouping at the fan made NSider2 Forums.

Also, interestingly enough, it seems that the Nintendo Europe forums has also been discontinued. I wonder just what it is that Nintendo's up to anyway...

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
Ah Harry...

can you link me to the grand finale image?

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
nice! i will now spend the next ten minutes trying to figure out who they all are

parrothead

Smash Lord
I thought of something. You know how Harry was voted in the SSBB poll? And that Virtual Boy game Teleroboxer is basically a first-person version of Punch-Out, with robots. So perhaps what if Sakurai thought that the Virtual Boy could use some representation, which he chose to make Little Mac an AT so Harry would be a newcomer? That'd be interesting if we got a boxing robot in SSBB. We never had a boxer nor a robot in SSBB, so combine the two types into one and you got Harry! I highly doubt that's the case but it would be very interesting if Harry became playable.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Teleroboxer has to be one of the best games ever made, and the best for the Virtual Boy! I am all in with Harry for Brawl!

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
I didn't think twice about this character (mainly because I had never heard of him) but you guys changed my mind. I hope the VB gets a rep in SSBB. I know it flopped, but it doesn't deserve to be forgotten. It was made by Gunpei Yokoi, after all!
BTW, to those asking for cancelled games on the VC, Starfox II is the only one I've seem mentioned that stands a chance as it was finished when it was canned. Earthbound 64 was a while from completion, as was Kirby's Air Ride. A prototype of Starfox II exists so al they would have to do is adapt the ROM and promote it to no end.I hope we see Master System, Saturn and N64DD too.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I doubt a character from Virtual Boy will make it in Brawl, because Virtual Boy sucks and left almost everybody blind.
But the fact that the Virtual boy is so obscure kind of makes Harry possible, because Sakurai really seems to eat up those obscure type charactrs!

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that Sakurai would create Harry as an Assist Trophy. He'll probably be the only Assist Trophy character that anyone can control. However, for a limited amount of time or usage. Recently, I saw Harry on the back cover of the Japanese Teleroboxer box, and he has legs!

Top Bottom