• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Yeah, the assist trophy models when put next to combatant models don't look very good. Granted, the low polygon count might be because they didn't want an item to slow down the action of the game.
Except if that were the purpose of the item in the first place. Like Shadow slowing down time

Edit: Oh. Second comment: Brawl could get SLOWER? How? :p

B.W.

Smash Champion
Pretty sure Ray's model as an assist trophy is just pretty much made to look exactly like the model in Custom Robo Arena, which looks simple due to the fact that it was a DS game. Most of the assist trophies look really bad next to the playable characters in general though.

I might make a moveset or two for Ray just for fun. Maybe I'll make one with a more canon weapon set (laser only), then another with a more free selection. Just because.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So, I didn't know this until I started using it, but that Isaac PSA I posted actually has his Move/Catch Psynergy as a tether grab that works for grabbing enemies, but not ledges. Pretty interesting idea.
Id like to see how this works. is there a video showcasing this?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Id like to see how this works. is there a video showcasing this?
You can't really see it in the video as well as you can by actually using the hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXAMB1zNB-A

The grab starts at about 4:15 - 4:20, but it would probably be best to just try it yourself if you have a vBrawl build. It is pretty (very) rough, but even so the video doesn't really do it justice. The download is here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25197

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I've just added my 7th. I have Roy, Mewtwo, Cloud, Goku, Isaac, Kid Buu, and Tails. Pretty awesome, though Tails is kinda OP since his down b generates a BOB-OMB. It came with a file to change it, but I don't wanna us it, lol. Maybe I will later.

Once it's possible to clone Samus and ZSS or Captain Falcon, I'm going to add the Dark Samus and Ridley PSAs, but only certain characters can be cloned at the moment. I also plan to add Skull Kid over Toon Link and Geno over ROB once it's possible.

I just wish it was compatible with Project M.
Are you using PM versions of Mewtwo and Roy?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Are you using PM versions of Mewtwo and Roy?
Mewtwo's jab and Shadow Ball had to be adjusted to work without t-posing but other than that, yeah. I'm actually going to see which other PM PSAs will work with vBrawl as well. I've already got Lucas working as well (just had to change his number of jabs)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Mewtwo's jab and Shadow Ball had to be adjusted to work without t-posing but other than that, yeah. I'm actually going to see which other PM PSAs will work with vBrawl as well. I've already got Lucas working as well (just had to change his number of jabs)
Wow, does the t-posing is needed to make it work with Brawl Ex, right?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
No, I mean, when you used his jab it didn't work and he got stuck in a t-pose, standing straight with his arms stretched out.
My bad! i got it, just like when you see those moveset swap videos were certain moves made the character glitch and stuck in a t-pose, so hilarious.

starwarsfan541

Smash Rookie
Ya, that's good. You can also half-vote other choices you like but deem not worthy to be in your top 5.

I think we all love this mod game.
Yea, I finally got around to installing it tonight and I cant believe how good it is

I'll add a half vote to Ganondorf/ Black Shadow idea

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I've just added my 7th. I have Roy, Mewtwo, Cloud, Goku, Isaac, Kid Buu, and Tails. Pretty awesome, though Tails is kinda OP since his down b generates a BOB-OMB. It came with a file to change it, but I don't wanna us it, lol. Maybe I will later.

Once it's possible to clone Samus and ZSS or Captain Falcon, I'm going to add the Dark Samus and Ridley PSAs, but only certain characters can be cloned at the moment. I also plan to add Skull Kid over Toon Link and Geno over ROB once it's possible.

I just wish it was compatible with Project M.
How do I clone and add characters???
And what is Brawl Ex (and where do I get it?)

Shin F.

Smash Master

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Vote up
1. Knuckles

Reasons
- Value A: He is the fourth most popular Sonic character and a very important character in the Sonic series.
- Effort A: Luigifiable. I wouldn't consider any character easy to design per say but he's definitely among the easiest.
- Did appear in Brawl
- Very high chance of not making it into Wii/3DS
- So many Knuckles fans. Feed their voracious hunger

- There's not much left. Most of the heavy hitters from Nintendo that are actually popular enough to be worth putting in PM are already in. Other highly demanded characters for SSB4 like Ridley, Little Mac, Skullkid, Geno, Ghirahim, etc don't have an existing model in the game, are very difficult to design because their moveset to be made from scratch, or likely to be in SSB4 anyway. As for the 3rd party characters, there are only a handful that have an existing model in the game and are popular but don't suffer the same flaws that I just mentioned.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I think maybe add Pichu, and also could add Dr. Mario but as his own character to complete Melee cast, unless want to add Young Link. Then add. Samurai Goroh and Ridley, since they were in the Melee trailer. Pokémon Trainer too.

So I guess my votes are Pichu, Samurai Goroh, Ridley, and Pokémon Trainer.

TheRawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
FeelTheRawk
3DS FC
0232-8088-7074
Full Votes:

Bowser Jr.
Lyn
Ridley
Sami
Tom Nook

Half Votes:

Skull Kid
Dixie Kong

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Where's all the Alfonzo support, people? He was confirmed to not be in Smash 4 nearly an entire day ago.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Shadow and Knuckles yet no Amy.. I am disappoint. Especially Shadow. Eeeeww.
Shadow without a doubt has a bigger fanbase than Knuckles but Knuckles has a much smaller hatebase. There are some Knuckles haters out there for sure but popular opinion is either "Shadow is Awesome!" or "**** Shadow! Why do people even like him?". Personally, I think it would piss a lot of people off if Shadow was in PM or SSB4 instead Tails or Knuckles but I'm sure just as many people would start jumping for joy.

Not trying to be a jerk here but honestly, if the PMBR did decide to put more characters in (and that's a big "IF") I don't think Amy is a likely candidate. There are only 5 spots to fill. Tails would obviously be the #1 Choice for a Sonic rep, MAYBE Knuckles, and BEST scenario both... Idk man. It could definitely be done though.

Where's all the Alfonzo support, people? He was confirmed to not be in Smash 4 nearly an entire day ago.
This is so people know who you are talking about. I had to really fish for this.

(The Legend of Zelda:Spirit Tracks)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Shadow without a doubt has a bigger fanbase than Knuckles but Knuckles has a much smaller hatebase. There are some Knuckles haters out there for sure but popular opinion is either "Shadow is Awesome!" or "**** Shadow! Why do people even like him?". Personally, I think it would piss a lot of people off if Shadow was in PM or SSB4 instead Tails or Knuckles but I'm sure just as many people would start jumping for joy.

Not trying to be a jerk here but honestly, if the PMBR did decide to put more characters in (and that's a big "IF") I don't think Amy is a likely candidate. There are only 5 spots to fill. Tails would obviously be the #1 Choice for a Sonic rep, MAYBE Knuckles, and BEST scenario both... Idk man. It could definitely be done though.

This is so people know who you are talking about. I had to really fish for this.

(The Legend of Zelda:Spirit Tracks)
I don't think he was in Brawl.

GrizzleDrizz1ed

Smash Apprentice
+ 1 Vote
Skull Kid
Ridley
King K Rool
Tom Nook
Bowser Jr

1/2 Vote
Paper Mario
Dark Samus
Black Shadow

Down Vote
Sukapon - It was not a fun game to watch. It didn't look fun at all and reminded me of a really bad Clay Fighter game. I wouldn't recommend people to play it how I would recommend Earthbound or Fire Emblem.
Krystal - She represents the downfall of the Starfox series. Sure, it would be great to have more female characters, but I would much rather have someone like Paulatina (who I cant believe isn't on this list) who is actually a well designed character.
Pichu - No More Pokémon please. Thank you so much for bringing Mewtwo back but he's about the only one that is allowed that privilege. If Pichu is actually considered, please reconsider Raichu instead. Raichu is way cooler and could bring more to the table.
Waluigi - I don't hate him, but he's just not important. I feel like that's reason enough and I think many people would agree without a second thought.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I would much rather have someone like Paulatina (who I cant believe isn't on this list) who is actually a well designed character.
I'd want Palutena too, but from the looks of it, we'll be getting her in Smash 4 instead, which eliminates her chances entirely :(.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Sukapon - It was not a fun game to watch. It didn't look fun at all and reminded me of a really bad Clay Fighter game. I wouldn't recommend people to play it how I would recommend Earthbound or Fire Emblem.
What does the quality of a game have to do with fighter potential? Ice Climber is one of the most boring games of the NES era despite introducing simultaneous 2-player co-op to home consoles, yet the Ice Climbers are some of the most fun and deep characters in Smash. And for the record, try the game. It's more fun than it looks. As an EarthBound fan you should know this.

I'd want Palutena too, but from the looks of it, we'll be getting her in Smash 4 instead, which eliminates her chances entirely :(.
I'm pretty sure that image was fake. Still, I agree that she'll most likely be in SSB4. He's most likely going to put more characters than just Pit having designed Uprising, after all.

Another reason she wouldn't really be in Project M is that the PMBR would have to edit Pit's Final Smash, which I'm not sure they'd do.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that image was fake. Still, I agree that she'll most likely be in SSB4. He's most likely going to put more characters than just Pit having designed Uprising, after all.

Another reason she wouldn't really be in Project M is that the PMBR would have to edit Pit's Final Smash, which I'm not sure they'd do.
I'm inclined to think they were real, since it really can't be proven otherwise and since we've had leaks from Nintendo in the past. Still, I agree that she's unlikely for PM - mostly because of the required FS change.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm inclined to think they were real, since it really can't be proven otherwise and since we've had leaks from Nintendo in the past. Still, I agree that she's unlikely for PM - mostly because of the required FS change.
Yeah, and I hope those leaked images of Ness and Jigglypuff are real too.

Nintendo's leaked info about Smash in the past? I didn't know about this...

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yeah, and I hope those leaked images of Ness and Jigglypuff are real too.

Nintendo's leaked info in the past? I didn't know about this...
Well, the Ness and Jigglypuff ones were very obviously fake (not to mention the guy who made them admitted to it.)

But yeah, a lot of Pokemon X and Y's new features were leaked by someone before they were released, and Nintendo accidentally leaked Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff in a Brawl video/trailer before they were announced, so it's very possible that the pics are real, especially since there's nothing about them that makes it appear fake. If it is fake, then it's agreed by many to be the best fake in recent memory.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Well, the Ness and Jigglypuff ones were very obviously fake (not to mention the guy who made them admitted to it.)

But yeah, a lot of Pokemon X and Y's new features were leaked by someone before they were released, and Nintendo accidentally leaked Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff in a Brawl video/trailer before they were announced.
Ah yes, I remember the Lucario leak, at least. Sakurai was showing off stickers in a screen shot of how they were used in the Sub Space Emissary. The little area that displayed the fighters that could use the selected sticker had Lucario listed as one of them.

The way people catch these are slick.

By the way I meant "Nintendo's leaked info about Smash in the past?" But I couldn't edit my post quick enough. Other than Lucario I don't remember any other leaks about Smash that turned out completely true.

EDIT: I just noticed, all the fake pics about Smash 4 are of the 3DS version. Is the style that easy to fake?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Ah yes, I remember the Lucario leak, at least. Sakurai was showing off stickers in a screen shot of how they were used in the Sub Space Emissary. The little area that displayed the fighters that could use the selected sticker had Lucario listed as one of them.

The way people catch these are slick.

By the way I meant "Nintendo's leaked info about Smash in the past?" But I couldn't edit my post quick enough. Other than Lucario I don't remember any other leaks about Smash that turned out completely true.
Ness and Jigglypuff were in the same video, at the part with the stickers. Besides that, I believe that an image of the final roster for Brawl was leaked a couple of months before it was released.

Still, the very fact that even a couple have happened proves it isn't impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom