• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There's a dude on YouTube with a Solid Waluigi, but he replaced Pit with waluigi cause he doesn't know how to add characters like Project M, it's like nearly complete except for final smash, I think you guys should check him out, His channel is marioking64DS , trust me you won't be disappointed
Damn, it is solid! I'm really impressed! I'd be curious to see the PMBR open up to outsiders who've sunk healthy time into .pacs like this in maybe adopting and refining it into a proper clone. He placed him over pit, but do you know who he was cloned from? Anyone? Was it made from scratch?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
We just add Shadow. Just to stop the murmuring, he could be interesting if done right, but some people can't get over their own personal grudges.
Some people is the majority. The Condor could be interesting if done right but I'm 99.37% sure it won't happen. Some characters would just have negative or neutral reception, and PM wants to produce HYPE. With Shadow there'd be too much negative reaction. It would overshadow any hype from Shadow fans.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Damn, it is solid! I'm really impressed! I'd be curious to see the PMBR open up to outsiders who've sunk healthy time into .pacs like this in maybe adopting and refining it into a proper clone. He placed him over pit, but do you know who he was cloned from? Anyone? Was it made from scratch?
The moveset seems to be based off of Jin Kazama / Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.

It's probably made from scratch with moves based off of a lot of references. It seems unpolished but really good for a PSA.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Some people is the majority. The Condor could be interesting if done right but I'm 99.37% sure it won't happen. Some characters would just have negative or neutral reception, and PM wants to produce HYPE. With Shadow there'd be too much negative reaction. It would overshadow any hype from Shadow fans.
To be completely honest... I always thought that Shadow was loved by most Sonic Fans.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
To be completely honest... I always thought that Shadow was loved by most Sonic Fans.
Sonic fans =/= Smash fans.
Quoted for truth.

Although I haven't played any Sonic game that actively features Shadow after Sonic Adventure 2 aside from Sonic battle.

It's probably why I still have an extremely positive view of Shadow, because he was THE BEST character in Sonic adventure 2.

Last edited:

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm living proof that's not true.
1 ≠ most

edit: I'm editing this to expand on this without making another post and beating a dead horse.

More accurately, what I should have said was that one counterexample does not disprove a "most" statement. In mathematical proofs, typically you deal with the idea of all, none (all not), or some (any quantity greater than none).

- To disprove none, you need to give one example where it does happen.
- To disprove all, you need to give one example where it does not happen.
- To disprove some, you need to prove that there is in fact none that meet the criteria. Which usually requires proof by contradiction.

The problem with "most" is that it is not quantifiable in a general sense. To disprove someone's assertion that most people do X, you would need to either prove that no one does X (disprove some). Or prove that most people actually do Y instead of X.

Since we don't have an exact number of people that are Sonic fans to determine where the cutoff for most is (50% + 1 person), even proving a large number of fans like/dislike Shadow does not guarantee us "most". And since we know there is at least one Shadow fan, it would be impossible to prove that everyone dislikes him.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Quoted for truth.

Although I haven't played any Sonic game that actively features Shadow after Sonic Adventure 2 aside from Sonic battle.

It's probably why I still have an extremely positive view of Shadow, because he was THE BEST character in Sonic adventure 2.
Agreed.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
People complain about their not being enough villain characters in Smash. I present to you a villain from a series hurting for reps that really deserves it. This pterodactyl beast has been terrorizing our heroes since the 80s. Hide your veggies, cuz I'm about to introduce you to.......THE CONDOR! KAKAW

The Condor is so real. Look at this man. Ridley doesn't even compare. Popo and Nana are scared of this *****. He just swoops down and steals yo food. Unlike the other sexist antagonists who steal women he just leaves the woman alone and lets her try to take him on, but they never do. He just comes back and takes yo eggplants to the next mountain. Who gives a **** about moveset potential? He doesn't even NEED to fight. He'll just swoop in and take yo stocks to the top of Icicle Mountain. I will end this with exchanging my full vote for Isaac with a full vote for Condor, if I can't give him a half vote. I'm dead serious.
#CondorNation

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
We have 7 Pokemon because they split PT and then added Mewtwo, a character many wanted to return. And "four Mario characters," really? It's not like Mario is the most important franchise in Nintendo history or anything...
That doesn't stop the fact that there's 7 Pokemon characters. And to everyone else, one look at the movesets of Yoshi, Wario, and DK make it obvious that they're based on their own franchises so yes, 4 Mario characters. If DK had barrel attacks, Yoshi shot fire, and Wario had Mario spinoff attacks then you could argue they were Mario reps but they don't. They're separate franchise reps. Unless you want to argue we have 8 DK reps.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I'm not going after the DK / Mario being the same franchise. I was just doing technicalities.

However, I will always argue that Wario and Yoshi are Mario characters. Wario in PM is based on his Wario Land appearance, but that is based off of his appearance in 6 Golden Coins anyway. Yoshi's moves may be based on his spinoff games, but things like his higher jump ability and sticking out his tongue are still originated in Super Mario World. Yoshi's moves draw also from Yoshi's Island (a Mario game whether you want to call it that or not). If you want to say it comes from Yoshi's Story, it is a spiritual successor to Yoshi's Island.

Your argument is like the people that say Mario Kart isn't a Mario game / is its own franchise.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

We just add Shadow. Just to stop the murmuring, he could be interesting if done right, but some people can't get over their own personal grudges.
You know I wish this kind of support was around when I attempted to discuss Shadow the first time.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You know I wish this kind of support was around when I attempted to discuss Shadow the first time.
That's the joke! Actually we all have our own private chat room where we discuss ways to **** with you. You don't know what we had to get through to get all those 200+ people in there but I think it was time well spent.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That's the joke! Actually we all have our own private chat room where we discuss ways to **** with you. You don't know what we had to get through to get all those 200+ people in there but I think it was time well spent.
So I guess I'm wasting my time with that creativity of mine you spoke so highly of? Boy that sure is discouraging. Guess I better disappear for a few more months.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The Skrull Saga man. We weren't ourselves at the time.
Seriously tho #CondorNation #JoinNoworForeverHoldYourVeggies #JustKiddingHeAlreadyStoleThem #CondorDontTakeNo**** #KAKAW

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The Skrull Saga man. We weren't ourselves at the time.
Seriously tho #CondorNation #JoinNoworForeverHoldYourVeggies #JustKiddingHeAlreadyStoleThem #CondorDontTakeNo**** #KAKAW
Nothing that a healthy heaping of web-throws can't solve.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So I guess I'm wasting my time with that creativity of mine you spoke so highly of? Boy that sure is discouraging. Guess I better disappear for a few more months.
>2014
>Falling for b8

Shiggy.

Arctic likes your artwork on DA

And If I recall when Shadow was first proposed, we still were unsure about the rules for third party characters.

About like what, 100 pages or so later did a PMBR member say that Shadow and Grey fox were actually one of the easier characters to not alert a C&D because of licensed voices or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
>2014
>Falling for b8

Shiggy.

Arctic likes your artwork on DA

And If I recall when Shadow was first proposed, we still were unsure about the rules for third party characters.

About like what, 100 pages or so later did a PMBR member say that Shadow and Grey fox were actually one of the easier characters to not alert a C&D because of licensed voices or something along those lines.
#SolbliminalGotTheJoke #FakeGuiltTripResponse #ElaborateCounterScheme #RidleyPichuGanondorfBlackShadow

If people wanted a character, they should have just voted on said character. PMBR will say no to anything they know they can't do, so it is a waste of time not voting on something you wanted from the start.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
This would make there lives so much easier.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Why are we even voting? Does PMBR even give a **** about this?
Considering a few PMBR members stop in and even sometimes comment themselves, it would make sense that they care to some extent. After all, they did say they may attempt another character based on popularity.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Why are we even voting? Does PMBR even give a **** about this?
Who knows? A couple of PMBR members had stopped by. Whether they take any consideration in the poll, that's all up in the air. This thread is really just to promote character suggestions and idea sharing. I never would've considered King Daphnes until I saw Spire's concept moveset of him.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I feel like they should make some obscure character playable.
Ray is pretty obscure. The most you'll hear out of Custom Robo is how people remember playing the GameCube demo that was "pretty fun", unless you talk to actual fans of the series. Which sadly are fewer than there should be.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Eh, why not toss it out there. It's got about a 1/1000,000 chance of even being acknowledged, but here goes.

Caeda, from Shadow Dragon/FE1. Pegasus Knight. Lance user, exclusive wielder of the Wing Spear. Marth's self-appointed royal guardian, and considering how much ass she kicks compared to everyone else in the game, she earns the spot.

Thoughts?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Eh, why not toss it out there. It's got about a 1/1000,000 chance of even being acknowledged, but here goes.

Caeda, from Shadow Dragon/FE1. Pegasus Knight. Lance user, exclusive wielder of the Wing Spear. Marth's self-appointed royal guardian, and considering how much *** she kicks compared to everyone else in the game, she earns the spot.

Thoughts?
Is she in Brawl?

R&B

Smash Apprentice
The Waluigi that guy made is very good, he is in need of obvious visual polishing, and he needs balanced but he is essentially a character that PMBR can just take and add, they wouldn't have to do **** on their part, so I really hope they consider using him.

But on the subject of new characters, I think we should all have a little different discussion.
Everyone is talking about who they want featured in PM, but what kind of character would you like next? I.E. Spacey, heavy, floaty.
I for one think that the most brand new idea they could do would be a female heavy, since it hasn't been done yet.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
The Waluigi that guy made is very good, he is in need of obvious visual polishing, and he needs balanced but he is essentially a character that PMBR can just take and add, they wouldn't have to do **** on their part, so I really hope they consider using him.
They could've done that with every character, just ported them from Brawl or Melee. They didn't. To say they should use it just because it would be easier on them is insulting, honestly, considering the work they put into everyone else.
Sticker, I'm pretty sure.
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_stickers

Nope. Not surprising, considering the number of characters that should have on but don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom