• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Desynch. The fastest most effective one yet?*Video up!!!! First post.* Anothervid

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm familiar with this to an extent. Never tried with IC. If you guys want, I'll try to get it going and get a vid up if I'm successful. Granted Hylian isn't already on the job. ^_^

EDIT: After the Giants finish off the Panthers.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
**** that timing is really stricti pulled it off a few times and it is just
EPIC again good find hylian we shall conquer with this

swordgard

Smash Hero
**** that timing is really stricti pulled it off a few times and it is just
EPIC again good find hylian we shall conquer with this
Basically, this is a new desynch that allows you to do some pretty funky stuff out of a run.

Statements which are important:
You can do any special move during a run with no lag.
You cannot do any special moves during a dash animation.
Nana has an 8 frame delay with popo for execution of inputs.
You can reverse momentum during a b move on the ground in the same way as in the air.
Ice block to grab is awesome.

If you begin a synched dash animation, and popo is near the point of starting his run animation, and you press B, popo will continue on dashing forward. The input is then transferred to nana, 8 frames later. If anywhere during that time she enters her run animation, then she is able to do an ice block while popo continues on running. This leads to them being desynched, as long as the ice block was inputted before popo enters runs animation but within 8 frames of nana entering it. You can also do any specials instead of ice block. This is the first use of the desynch. You can now desynch out of any dash while still moving forward with popo which can result in a free grab.
Experiment with it to find the best comboes, going from ice block to grab to blizz to side b.

2nd important use of this, the counter ice block. Instead of dashing towards the ennemy, dash away. Use the ice block as usual to desynch them, but then reverse it quickly by pressing towards the ennemy. Nana will reverse momentum.... BUT SO WILL POPO! I have yet to find any reason as to why this happens, but it allows you to get in surprise grabs very easily. Its a true ice block to grab combo because popo runs in the ice block.

3rd use is that if you are running towards the ledge, and shield at the right time to cancel a dash, then restart dashing towards the ledge, do the desynch. As usual, popo will run towards the ledge but not fall(you arent holding towards it anymore, he will just get as close as he can). On the other hand, nana will fall due to the ice block momentum, thus leading to nana being alone onto the ledge. This is a very advantageous situation vs alot of characters(save MK/ROB/recovery freaks) where nana can fair onto the ledge and spike while you fsmash, or any type of combo of the same type.

Basically, this is a surprise grab and counter effects, which is awesome. Add in more ledge games options make this even better. Also, +1 for unpredictability and comboing near the ground.

I sense a new triangle forming.

MK>Snake>Ics>MK

All of em being 55:45

Copied from hylians blog where i wrote it.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Oh, so that's how it works. Thanks for the description swordgard, now I think I'll be able to recognize the desynch once I pull it off.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Still working on it. All I can do atm however is getting Popo to fire an Ice Block by himself, and getting Popo and Nana to fire Ice Blocks together but in opposite directions.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
OH MY GOD GUYS! this **** is amazing! Ice Climber are getting more and more interesting! These are the exact reasons y ice climbers is my favorite character to play in brawl! Good Job Hylian and Swordgard! xD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yay. This should be easy for me.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Video gonna be up tommorow morning, get ready guys!
Nice. But I'm also interested in what other ways this can be used. I think it's especially funny that you can face both ways at the same time with this.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You can face both directions with Squall desynch too. I can't find much with it besides Ice Blocks in two directions.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
A question.

Are you sure it's an actual 8-frame delay and not, say, a 5-frame delay, at which point it buffers and comes 3 frames after that? Something to think about.

This seems really useful, I almost have the timing down for the desynch itself (b-reversal is too easy haha), now I'm thinking about actual frames and mechanics lawl.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
You can face both directions with Squall desynch too. I can't find much with it besides Ice Blocks in two directions.
I've found that you can do more than that though. Buffer a dash to Ice Block at the end and only Nana will shoot an Ice Block. You can also buffer Blizzard, Reverse Ice Block or Reverse Blizzard out of Squall. The button inputs would be somewhere on the 7th or last spin. Basically if you input a command during the 7th or last spin correctly, Nana will do an action of your choice while Popo is free to do what he wants. I use it to create walls and juggle traps.

This is all done on the ground of course.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I want to make sure I completely understand this.

Basically what this is, is you do a dash, buffer a b-reverse IB (10 frames of buffering, and Nana lags 5 frames behind you, right? So you'd want to buffer the b-reversed IB between 11-16ish frames before you enter your running animation with Popo, right?)

Anyways, when I get it to work, it's amazing, but I can only get it about 5% of the time so...

Edit: After practicing for about 40 minutes total, I'm getting better, but I'm still really bad at it. It's gonna take a lot of practice.
I can see this giving the ICs even more potential...
I'd practice it some more but I gotta get to bed.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
This sounds sick, an even faster desynch, grab setup combos, new ledge options, and who knows what else. Hylian, you have broken the ICs.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
wow this is insane^^
marthage told me from that but i couldn't really imaine what she meant. but nao....omg i will try it out immediatly

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I see the momentum thing when I do it, but they don't desynch. Blah.

TKD

Smash Lord
This is very hard. I don't see this happening consistently. Although if someone can do it, everyone should. It seems great against characters with no projectiles.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah

sheik's dacus was way easier than this

but imma keep trying

it seems kinda like SWD in melee. it's useful if you can do it consistently, but the difficulty of some things makes them impractical. maybe someday if i keep at it...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea the video will show u what it looks like

but trust me, if u've done it already... a video is not gonna help u with the execution because there are no visual cues to help u time it

ahhhh so hard

good luck everyone

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
... I think everyone wants the video ;)
I second that. :p

Its like waiting for something great to happen. You know its gonna happen. But u cant do anything to make it happen faster. You just have to sit here and wait patiently. but right now all i can think is, video, video, video, video... lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol

have u guys all performed it yet?

i have done it like

10 times

out of several hundred attempts :(

and i did it once with blizzard right after hylian told me it was possible

but then after that i failed all my blizzard attempts and squalled all of them :(

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
no i tried for like 30 minutes and i couldnt get it once, so either this IS like super hard. or im just doing it wrong lol. So im about to try again here in a sec, i am just waiting for the video lol.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I only pulled it off twice today, after quite a few attempts. After getting it the first time, I almost shouted in excitement, and did it again several tries later. But perhaps that second time was a "fluke" for me - it really does have strict timing, and even whatever timing-related skills I built up from Stepmania couldn't help me. I'll be trying again tomorrow, that's for sure.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Hey r3d d09, don't worry about it. Despite what I mentioned, I'm not entirely sure playing Stepmania can do much to help you in a lot of things Smash-related. I may be able to tell apart minute differences in beats, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to do frame-specific commands on a GC controller that doesn't remain in roughly the same spot in space as I thrash on it. Likewise, a bunch of Melee players can do plenty of moves that require relatively tight commands in the heat of battle on a regular basis, and it's not a stretch to imagine that most don't play Stepmania (correct me if I'm wrong, of course). Things like Hylian's desynch take practice in the medium of Smash itself, and little else can really change that.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
have u guys all performed it yet?

i have done it like

10 times
I've done it maybe 60-70 times out of... like an hour and a half of trying...

Yeah there isn't anything visual to tell you when to do it; so it's insanely hard. This seems way too hard to pull it off consistently, let alone in a match. But if anyone can... well I'd say this would give the ICs a ton of extra potential.

Top Bottom