• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Desynch. The fastest most effective one yet?*Video up!!!! First post.* Anothervid

r3d d09

Smash Master
Hey r3d d09, don't worry about it. Despite what I mentioned, I'm not entirely sure playing Stepmania can do much to help you in a lot of things Smash-related. I may be able to tell apart minute differences in beats, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to do frame-specific commands on a GC controller that doesn't remain in roughly the same spot in space as I thrash on it. Likewise, a bunch of Melee players can do plenty of moves that require relatively tight commands in the heat of battle on a regular basis, and it's not a stretch to imagine that most don't play Stepmania (correct me if I'm wrong, of course). Things like Hylian's desynch take practice in the medium of Smash itself, and little else can really change that.
Normally i'm able to do this stuff very well, being a halo player and known for how clutch i was under pressure.
I just cant get CG's down. but the desync stuff and what not i'm decent at.
Once the vid posts, I will certainly try this. :D and good thing the tourney got moved to next week. or i think the week after >.> either way it's not this week.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Yeah there isn't anything visual to tell you when to do it; so it's insanely hard. This seems way too hard to pull it off consistently, let alone in a match. But if anyone can... well I'd say this would give the ICs a ton of extra potential.
Extreme difficulty will not stop people from trying to master it. Indeed, whenever there's anything difficult to be done in the world, there always seems to be that one person who can make it look easy. And when it comes to Smash, techniques such as this will basically come down to muscle memory.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I tried this out a little, and I really really really really like it. It's amazing for retreating.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight.

There's 8 frames between Popo and Nana, right?

So, you're dashing; and within the upper time limit on dash dancing (which is surely less than 8 frames), minus Epsilon frames, you are entering a neutral special; which will get Nana to shoot an Ice Block but not Popo; then you are B-reversing in exactly Epsilon frames, where you must have E =< 4 (the frame limit on B-reversals), which makes Nana reverse the IB, and Dash Dances Popo; so now you're both facing the reverse, with an Ice Block out, desyched, and Popo is in a dash.

B-reversals aren't that hard ... it seems the challenge would be managing the control stick. You have to flick it in one direction, neutral it, press a button, then flick another direction. It's the 5 input that's tough, right?

Other than that, B-reversing isn't hard. It feels weird to see it discussed here like it's a page out of a technical manual; it's been a pretty important part of many characters' metas.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmm so swordgards wiiconnect isn't working >_<.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's fairly hard to B-Reverse in such a small amount of time WHILE RUNNING. I can B-Reverse standing still all day, but not this.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Nana is normally 5 frames behind Popo.

Dash dance limit is 6 on the first dash and 7 on every subsequent dash.

I still want to know why Nana is "behind" 8 frames during this one desync.

Personally I find B-Reversing itself easy, while running or whatever. I wavebounce all the time with ICs so that part isn't the problem for me (RAR-Wavebounce NSpecial is especially sexy). It's just finding the timing...

So hard. :(

Nick A

Smash Cadet
Yeah this is pretty tough, however I have gotten it a few times. Its one thing to time grabs, its another time a 1 or 2 frame window.

The timing on this is too strict to be valuable IMO.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Nana is normally 5 frames behind Popo.

Dash dance limit is 6 on the first dash and 7 on every subsequent dash.

I still want to know why Nana is "behind" 8 frames during this one desync.

Personally I find B-Reversing itself easy, while running or whatever. I wavebounce all the time with ICs so that part isn't the problem for me (RAR-Wavebounce NSpecial is especially sexy). It's just finding the timing...

So hard. :(
It was just a remembering mistake i did, i thought it was 8 frames, but apparently its 5. I didnt bother to check my bad.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
swordgard said:
It was just a remembering mistake i did, i thought it was 8 frames, but apparently its 5. I didnt bother to check my bad.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up dude, it was bugging me for a while. I thought it might've been some new Nana mechanic/bug or something. :p

Anyone want to post up at least a replay, that way someone (like me) who can record **** can get that up on YouTube. :3

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
August 1, 2009
Nintendo is no longer distributing replay data. Only stage data and snapshot data will be distributed.

This doesn't affect what you're doing right?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Guys calm the **** down. >_> A video isn't gonna do much besides show you what it looks like. If you can't perform it, you just can't perform it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, I don't have my wii updated which I'm pretty sure means I can't send replays >_>.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
Are You Slow ._.
Even If The Video Wont Show Us How To Do It, We Can Still Get A Glance At What It Looks Like
FYI,Smart Person, Some People Prefer A Video Better Then Text. That's How Some People Learn Faster Than Others -_-

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm a visual learner and I learned how to do it just from reading the OP. The difficulty isn't that it's hard to find a visual cue or anything. You just need fast hands to even do it. I'm pretty sure a video isn't gonna help with that. I've done it like five times already.

I'll admit that it would be nice to at least see what it looks like, but rushing someone to make a video isn't going to help.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its not so much fast hands as it is frame timing :( that ****s always been hard

like natural links in street fighter, like random characters with mp mp links or something

sooo hardddd

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I tend to do it more consistanly in fast motion :laugh:.

Most of the time I either mess up, or shoot them in opposite directions, and if I'm trying to do Blizzard, Nana ducks.

I did find that it's possible to have only Nana or only Popo use Blizzard while facing forward out of an initial dash. It's the same timing as the B-Reverse.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm a visual learner and I learned how to do it just from reading the OP. The difficulty isn't that it's hard to find a visual cue or anything. You just need fast hands to even do it. I'm pretty sure a video isn't gonna help with that. I've done it like five times already.

I'll admit that it would be nice to at least see what it looks like, but rushing someone to make a video isn't going to help.
If I may please... We aren't rushing anyone. or i'm not anyways. just someone said that they'd post one yesterday. we can just see what it looks like so we know when we get it right or something.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Also, I don't have my wii updated which I'm pretty sure means I can't send replays >_>.
Copy the replay to an SD card, stick the SD card into your computer, upload the replay file somewhere, post link here? >.>

You don't need to use Brawl's ingame thing to send replays.

If you post the replay here we can all see it, and someone can record it. :)

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I don't main IC's and actually can do it. I think...lol it looks like what he is saying in the OP.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
That video is just a beta version. I posted it so that Hylian may view it and confirm that what I was doing was his new method. I am currently in the process of uploading a somewhat more full-fledged video demonstrating the basics of his desynch.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
but it is correct :) don't worry funen u dont need hylian to confirm that lol

u were mostly doing the forward one, but i saw u attempting to do the b-reverse back one as well

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I lol'd pretty hard at this, Ambrose has been using this since the beginning of January of this year.

Its nothing new Hylian, no offense.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Hey, I'm not a walking encyclopedia on desynchs. I was making sure it wasn't something else I didn't know about. No harm in that, right?

Anyway, I just finished uploading a more complete video. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMSfwHiCjmI

It's nothing special, but the point is really to assist those trying to learn the desynch. The video's goals are twofold:

- It shows what the desynch looks like, so that you will be able to recognize it when you achieve it.

- Its shows what your controller should sound like as you pull it off (the first and third clacks are from the control stick, and the second is from the B button inputting the Ice Shot).

I perform the forward and grounded-B-reversal Ice Shot versions here. Blizzard is too difficult for me right now, so if anyone else can do it and upload another video with that (and possibly other moves out of the dash), then by all means, do so.

I lol'd pretty hard at this, Ambrose and Swordgard ( Canadian ICS users ) have been using this since the beginning of January of this year.

Its nothing new Hylian, no offense.
Except Hylian talked with swordgard about its possible applications shortly after discovering it. And as far as I can tell, swordgard never mentioned in that chat conversation that he was using it regularly.

Top Bottom