• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New England STILL Loves SleepyK: PRESMASH AT DIFFERENT ADDRESS. CHECK August 8th 2009

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
No, I meant that I didn't think that they would let me sleep over... but they will. Are you and Mafia up for sleeping over and not driving back late at night? (assuming thederrit will put us up for the night?)

And I can out-gay anyone with my toss, you don't stand a chance against my reaver dt c-c-c-c-combos. Your gas is mine.

Skler

Smash Master
Zeb! Why are you going to Hampton Beach!?

I think we have buses that go there or something if you absolutely need it. I live like an hour away though.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
No, I meant that I didn't think that they would let me sleep over... but they will. Are you and Mafia up for sleeping over and not driving back late at night? (assuming thederrit will put us up for the night?)

And I can out-gay anyone with my toss, you don't stand a chance against my reaver dt c-c-c-c-combos. Your gas is mine.
of course i will! if i need to i can put up to like 6 7 people up here. we've got room.

EDIT: The Blade Breakers are everywhere. I'm jealous :(

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm going to the venue today to talk finalities with them, and I'm bringing my camera so all y'all can see what the place looks like.

KZYFranco

Smash Rookie
WTF? I spend every college summer (and the first 2 decades of my life) trapped in Keene, and the one year I finally cop an apartment back at school, you kids throw a smash tourney in Hanover? I'll probably commute over from Albany, but that doesn't mean I'm any less displeased with this, haha. If someone in upstate NY or southern VT wants to go but needs a ride, hit me up and maybe we can figure something out. I'm not positive I'm going, but if I can find people to split gas money, that will definitely increase the chances of me going. I very much want to as long as I can work it out.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Oh that would be amazing. I'm super looking forward to this. Already got semi-permission from parents.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
so talked to the people at the venus.

we're using a different part of the building than before, but either way its not a huge deal. now we'll have a massive projector for finals and a sound system and a kitchen, and still have plenty of space.

i'll put up pics later, but its gonna be really nice.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
A KITCHEN??

I'm going.
lol i can't tell if you're joking or not

EDIT: Pictures! Yayyyy

These are pictures of the main room, there's also a nice lobby and stuff too but this will be the area where **** goes down.

There's a big screen that comes down from the top of that wall and covers the almost the entire thing, that we can project finals on. It'll be super epic and stuff

That wall can be pulled out if we want to seperate the rooms, can't think why we would but we can if we want to

aerial from the second floor

Skler

Smash Master
The only problem with projectors is they tend to have a nasty case of the laggies. This comes from experience at a UNH tourny that they REFUSED to use anything but a projector for.

If you hook a TV that has smash up to a projector it works out fine (like CAT3 teams finals and the crew battles at Pound 3), since the TV lets players play and the projector lets everyone yell at each other and talk ****.

Roxaslawliet

Smash Apprentice
Hey can somebody give me and my friend a ride to this. We live in keene and are willing to pitch in gas money. get at me on AIM

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
skler, the trick to using projectors is using a cable splitter.

btw NOOOO COGSMOOOCH NOOOOOOOOOOOO

SleepyK

Is anyone coming from MA willing and able to have sex with m

drive me to the boston airport on monday, the 10th?

SleepyK

NOOOOOOOOOOOO KEVINMMMMMMMMM

KEVIN MOTTO

totally beefed it

:(

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
what will the venue fee be? (about)
no more than 5 dollars. the people there were generous enough to give us a very good rate, so it should be negligible.

ON THIS NOTE notice on the front page that the time now says 4-11. There is an event booked there til 4:30 so you can show up a little early if you want but most likely things won't get into full swing til 5.

To fix this, I'll be hosting a pre-tourney smashfest at my house/with my friend at his house from midday til tourney time if people are showing up in town earlier. Honestly we can stay later than 11 (no one will be there to kick us out) but i'd like to stay in good favor with them so i won't let us go too far over that either. of course, the people staying at my place can smash all night too if they want.

but just note the time is slightly shorter than it would have been.

Roman.

Smash Champion
no more than 5 dollars. the people there were generous enough to give us a very good rate, so it should be negligible.

ON THIS NOTE notice on the front page that the time now says 4-11. There is an event booked there til 4:30 so you can show up a little early if you want but most likely things won't get into full swing til 5.

To fix this, I'll be hosting a pre-tourney smashfest at my house/with my friend at his house from midday til tourney time if people are showing up in town earlier. Honestly we can stay later than 11 (no one will be there to kick us out) but i'd like to stay in good favor with them so i won't let us go too far over that either. of course, the people staying at my place can smash all night too if they want.

but just note the time is slightly shorter than it would have been.
how far away are you from the venue?

how many people can the house for the pretourney smashfest hold (i'm bringing 2-3 other people)?

how early can we come (i'm a morning person)?

mm's anyone?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
DCLXVI, Weapon X has expressed interest in going, so you should contact him about organizing a carpool.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
how far away are you from the venue?

how many people can the house for the pretourney smashfest hold (i'm bringing 2-3 other people)?

how early can we come (i'm a morning person)?

mm's anyone?
Answers in order.

I live about 5 minutes away from the venue if I speed (which I do).

The house is pretty big, it can hold a good amount of people. honestly we could probably fit all the people coming but it would be mad cramped, and people would be split up across the house. So if you wanna come, just let me know, I would want to have an idea of how many people were coming beforehand.

I row in the morning at 7:15 on Saturdays, so if you're here at like 10, its cool. Haha if you really wanna come that early

Yes/maybe. I have to determine whether or not I'd get ***** first.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
are we allowed to use the kitchen to make s'mores we should do s'mores MMs to see who can make the best s'mores

Also I've been training all my non-Falcon characters for friendlies, jesus top-tier characters are ridiculously easy to pick up (not that I play them well, it's just surprising)

ps - been growing out my pre-tourney crustache, it looks just as scrubby as ever if not worse!!

Top Bottom