• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners (Abq, NM December 12th)

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Just throwing this out there-

Darklink will lose in first round winner's bracket, then probably go pretty deep into loser's. (5th/6th round)

Jane

Smash Hero

EDIT:: also, have either of you twins ever heard of, or trained with diego sanchez? he's from albequerque

Dekar173

Justice Man
So who else has Tekken 6 or Blazblue to bring along?

We can also do with SF4, I suppose.

We may not be running tourneys for those game (BB we probably still will, since you all love BB so much :p) but since Ecks9 is hosting his tourney on the same day, T6 and SF4 won't have a turnout like at all lol.

><

Dekar do you have a teammate for whobo?

EDIT: And as a favor for how I seeded Grand Challenge properly and gave you first seed Dekar, all I ask is that you seed the tournament fairly and to not try to screw me and my state over in every possible just to try favor your state.
Thank you good sir =)

Jane

Smash Hero
thats awesome! diego rules. i don't know who holly holme is, and i know that keith trains in albq, but does rashad also?!? thatd be tight as hell

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
they all train at Jacksons gym. And Holly Holme is the female Welterweight champ in boxing and holds a **** load of titles. Basically she's one of the females of this planet that even I wouldn't mess with. She would drop me before I even had a chance to turn it into a grappling fight so I stand a chance lol.

And if you like Diego you have to watch his fight vs Clay Guida. That's one of the best fights I've ever scene (and Clay is a beast!!!)

:link:

Dekar173

Justice Man
Chris did Dave ever tell you that he's NOT coming?

He completely bombed school and is now figuring out his life and getting his **** together, long story short, you don't have a partner.

As for seeding, you have #2 seed. Jkamikaze is gonna have the other seeding spot, and since Dave isn't making it someone else is gonna have his spot, I'm deciding on exactly who should get the other seeded spot (It worked out perfectly when Dave was coming, 2 NM, 2 AZ, 2 CO, and 2 EP) but now we're missing 1 CO player D:

Who would I seed for AZ excluding Jkamikaze and yourself?

Kira for sure should be your 3rd seed considering he took second at our last tournament and always does typically well. He's a way good player

no i planned to team with justinkamikaze the whole time dekar :p

Thank you for good seeding too!

Dekar173

Justice Man
No offense to him, but we've got 2 ROB mains who I'd be willing to bet are better, and he lost to our pit in dittos =/

Maybe he's really improved lately, either way I guess I'll seed him.

Jane

Smash Hero
Wow that's dope. Looks like albq really has some good fighting diversity.

I will check out that fight when I get home forsure

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I had a talk with Kyle last night.

It is in our sincere apologies that we have decided to not go to New Mexico. We feel that with the recent news of Axe leaving us in Tucson in only a matter of weeks, that it would be best if we got as much Smash out of him while he is still with us in Tucson. As badly as we wanted to go see you (Twins & Dekar) we hope that you are not mad at us, and continue to love us with open arms. Perhaps the next regional tourney we will see you. Love you guys.

F*** Miles!

-TommyDerMeister

Edit: GG7, we (Tucson) are not on the way to NM anyway. It would be foolish of them to go from to Tempe to Tucson, to Albuquerque after Darklink's accounting final.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Axe told us he is moving to Peoria. It's like around/is in Phoenix.

Edit: But Dekar honey, I love you.

tekkie

Smash Master
this is the perfect opportunity for arizona to discover the great american railway system as i am looking forward to doing in two days

hadesblade

Smash Lord
You should make norfair and distant planet legal. :p

lol but yeah we need a neutral/cp list.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
No offense to him, but we've got 2 ROB mains who I'd be willing to bet are better, and he lost to our pit in dittos =/

Maybe he's really improved lately, either way I guess I'll seed him.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hyped me up. Ill be sure to take out ur robs. And just in case u dont know by now but friendlies arent MM or tourny matches especialy ditto friendlies, calm down dekar. i bet pretty soon you may be eating more things on ur body than just ur butt hole.

Dekar173

Justice Man
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hyped me up. Ill be sure to take out ur robs. And just in case u dont know by now but friendlies arent MM or tourny matches especialy ditto friendlies, calm down dekar. i bet pretty soon you may be eating more things on ur body than just ur butt hole.
Well it was based off of when I repeatedly manhandled you in tourney, and how I don't tend to manhandle our ROBs/Pit ;)

Jane

Smash Hero
And if you like Diego you have to watch his fight vs Clay Guida. That's one of the best fights I've ever scene (and Clay is a beast!!!)

:link:
thank you for telling me to watch that fight!

that fight was one of the best MMA fights i've ever seen in my entire MMA watching career. wow. right from the beginning they just start bombing on each other. and they NEVER stop. round 1-round 3 nonstop action. bloodied up and all, they STILL had energy left.

amazing fight. major respect for guida now.

Jane

Smash Hero
i know dude i can't ****ing wait! its gonna be such a good fight. i love both penn and sanchez tho so i don't know who i want to win D:

EDIT:: oh, guida's fighting too?!? awesome! definitely want to see more of him

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
whats the ruleset dekar
You should make norfair and distant planet legal. :p

lol but yeah we need a neutral/cp list.
Neutrals: FD, BF, SV, Yoshi's brawl, PS1 is what we usually have.

Norfair is sometimes on, I don't think we have ever had distant planet on though.

Probably a 50 ledgegrab limit.

Nothing out of the ordinary though.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I beat your pit in tourney, and kira's ***** me every time we have tourney matches. Friendlies don't mean anything, and dittos at that? ...

And O_o @ norfair being legal in NM. It's never legal in AZ :'(

Its all Pound 4 rules you guys. This is Pound 4 training
Pound rules, so this?

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

And I don't see a ledgegrab limit in pound rules... is there going to be one?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
And O_o @ norfair being legal in NM. It's never legal in AZ :'(

Pound rules, so this?

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshis Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium

And I don't see a ledgegrab limit in pound rules... is there going to be one?
I hadn't heard about pound rules, so I was assuming that it was just NM standard with MK legal. NM goes back and forth on norfair. None of us actually think it should be banned, but most of us hate it.

If we are going by pound rules, it would be pound rules exactly. So, no ledgegrab limit in that case.

Top Bottom