• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners (Abq, NM December 12th)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
OPTION A: I could drive the AZ folks to the tourney just around 11:00 a.m. (my car fits 5 including me), then driving to the tourney after 4:00 p.m. However, considering the 3 TVs I'm taking to the tourney, I would prefer somebody else pick it up around 11:00 a.m. near me (the best example being Zack) and go to the tourney from there.
i could go pick up your tvs and ****. itll be like tetris trying to fit them in my car though (and will look illegal as **** too).

and tell silly kyle to man the **** up and go!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
No tuscan!?!?

No thats 1/3 the reason why I'm going to this thing! (1/3 Tuscan, 1/3 Bryce, 1/3 to actually play :p)

Figure out some means of coming I beg of ya.

And Neil, David Lewis and myself should be able to stay thyere friday if we aren't housing anyone. In which case Lewis can grab TVs and all else needed and we can bring some people with us as well.

Hey Kyle try your best to beg and plead and do whatever. If not then the Tempe idea is always a good one. She may check mileage though to call you out on it

:link:

tekkie

Smash Master
alright, it's not looking good for actually staying at my house, so Neil if I can crash there that would be amazing.

the only hard part is figuring out how to get from the train station to your house.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Dang girl, you be lookin' mad fine Lui.
im looking better than ever!! Thats what drinkin does to you.

WTF!!! I dont care what people are saying on here as long as everyone makes it just like the arizona tourney! Its been a while so i really want to see what everyone is bringing to the plate. step it up ladies

tw1n

Smash Champion
Tuscon better be coming!!! I need to see you all! To semi rip off my bro: I'm showing up for
1/6 - all of AZ
1/6 - GG7
1/6 - Bryce
1/2 - THE AXE EFFECT!!!!!
0/0 (...a paradox...) - to play lol

tekkie

Smash Master
what time are you arriving tekkie? I can see if lewis and I can grab you.
Friday train gets there about 3PM. I need to be at the station at like 12:30 latest on Sunday.

also since 80 miles of mixed public transportation isn't hardcore enough i might start looking at bus schedules to get to someones house if i absolutely have to lol

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Darklink from the sounds of seeding we won't be meeting up in tourney :(. So would you do a 20$ mm with me? I understand if its to much but i really want a super serious set with you so as long as we get that the amount of money can be 50 cents.

If any other MKs want to MM me to I'll accept them. (the el paso MKs are to scruby to satisfy my thirst for broken characters)

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Guys I don't think I can make it =( After looking at the prices, I don't have the money to join this tournament. Ever sense I got laid off work cuz of the **** economy. its so hard to get cash now.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
who's even going to this for melee?

im kinda scarred from my last New Mexico experience where I spent my time and money to come where the Melee turnout was so low that there WAS no tournament, and I was left to sit around all day

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wait nevermind i cant go

going would result in me kissing 4% of my biology grade goodbye

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Tai, I will give you my promise that our melee tournament will have a satisfying turnout (by your standards). You really should try to make it. Also, I **** at biology ;)

Here's just a rudimentary list of who I'm expecting for the melee tournament:

1. AZ - Tai (Tee Aye Eye)
2. AZ - Chris (GamerGuitarist7)
3. AZ - Jeff (AXE 09)
4. El Paso - Unnamed
5. El Paso - Unnamed
6. El Paso - Unnamed
7. Colorado - Unnamed
8. Colorado - Unnamed
9. NM - Neil (Sliraobe God)
10. NM - Paul (Alphabravo)
11. NM - Erich (Erich)
12. NM - Steven (GoldenGlove)
13. NM - August (KitsuneXXX)
14. NM - Kyle (Twin A)
15. NM - David (Tw1n)
16. NM - Lewis (Havox OmniSoul Exodus)
17. NM - Ronald (Wraith)
18. NM - Josh (Banjo)
19. NM - Patrick (Arms) (?)
20. NM - Doug
21. NM - David
22. NM - Daniel
23. NM - Kendric (Mitsurento) (?)
24. NM - Chris (AllBoutPeach) (?)
25. NM - Joe (Pice) (?)
26. NM - Darcy (Lrin) (?)

I'm not trying to john here, but remembering the previous tourney that you attended, the center of attention was brawl (namely because it was the second major Brawl tournament ever hosted in Albuquerque). During those summer months following March 2008, even the current melee players shared in some of the brawl excitement (including me, unfortunately). We only advertised for brawl anyway :embarrass but it still led to 40+, a huge leap from our typical brawl monthlies at Insomnia Gaming afterwards.

Besides, we DID have a tournament, it just wasn't at the venue. It was at someone's house, since most OOSers were spread across many Albuquerque hosters.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
23. NM - Kendric (Mitsurento) (?)
24. NM - Chris (AllBoutPeach) (?)
25. NM - Joe (Pice) (?)
26. NM - Darcy (Lrin) (?)

None of these ones will be there.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I talk **** for HYPE.

Btw this just in:

my money's on NM crew stomping oos so badly Dekar doesn't even get to play =O

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I know some peeplez will be arriving at the tournament before the registration, but how early? I want to get lots of practice with both Melee and Brawl before the sign-ups.

tekkie

Smash Master
okay david then i might crash at my house friday and figure something out sunday. as long as i can get to the station before noon i dont really care.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
See Kyle, everyone else thinks the Tempe idea is perfect.

Everyone talk about my Tempe idea to get Tucson to NM.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
no, we only have the one mean of getting there. My idea is amazing, Kyle should use it.

some of tucson has cars.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
no, we only have the one mean of getting there. My idea is amazing, Kyle should use it.

some of tucson has cars.
I doubt any of them want to go.

If Kyle goes for this idea, please take me with you. I'm confident in my ability to get 4th in melee, and not dead-last in Brawl.

Top Bottom