• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico POUNDs the 4 Corners (Abq, NM December 12th)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
i think the car was full they said though...

And you should never say you want to get 4th. it should always be "I am very confident in my ability to get 1st."

Always shoot for the top. If you only shoot for 4th you'll be beat by those who are determined to get 1st.

:link:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i think the car was full they said though...

And you should never say you want to get 4th. it should always be "I am very confident in my ability to get 1st."

Always shoot for the top. If you only shoot for 4th you'll be beat by those who are determined to get 1st.

Why should I shoot for 1st? Jeff will obviously take 1st. I'm not confident that I'll beat chris, or Neil, but I doubt anyone else will even take a game off me if I'm playing Fox.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
besides the point Ruby.

If you want to ever be better than Jeff or Sean or Neil (or Chris, there I mentioned you. Ya happy???), you have to try and beat them, not place right behind them. I know that I won't beat Axe in this tourney, but I'm going to do my best and do everything I can to beat him. Saying that you are shooting for first is like saying you only want to win 1000 of a million dollar jackpot. Why not go for gold bro?

this my friend is one of the crucial steps to getting better at anything (not just smash).

It's good that you "know" you will get 4th, but don't just settle for that.

Besides I don't think you and Chris are getting past me :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I might actually shoot for third if I can go. Playing campy, I was able to beat Chris far more often than I normally do, and drop him down to 2 and 1 stocks on a regular basis, rather than getting 3-stocked on a regular basis.

If I can play as well as I was last weekend against Chris and Kyle, I'm confident that I could beat Neil in brackets if he goes Captain Falcon. I'm also confident that I could beat him in a Fox ditto, but I remember getting absolutely slaughtered by his Falco last time we played.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
yeah his falco has a tendency of doing that >.>

Just tell yourself you think you're going to get first at every tournament you go to :) You will pass that improvement wall I remember you talking about some time ago. The mental aspect is what holds most people back.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
You are going to need yourself for me Dekar
kinda how I took 10 stocks off some good players like duffy and bloodhawk at crew battles yesterday
Do I get to be in crews this time? inb4nocuznmdoesn'thaveanymk'sforyoutograbrelease. xD

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Mah boiiii Neil has been getting hella good. He gets mad nervous at tournaments though. Neil, you better do me proud at this one.
As for myself, well, I kind of suck. But I play CF so it's ok.

tekkie

Smash Master
id just pick you up tekkie then drop you off at neils or where ever. btw neil ate a blazin' buffalo wing from bww, his first real meat and i have on video :D
alright ******. tomorrow i'll confirm places and times and stuff.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Ima bring my Ghetto Tv with broken, can see cercitboard VCR and Wii. Better be some KFC around cause after I **** *********** ** ************ **** Low tier singles and low tier doubles ima buy some chicken for me and AXE after he ***** Melee and ***** with some ***** then **** with a ***** after **** this**** Bowl of ******** *** **** to ***** for about ***** **** in ******* New Mexico!

I just revised my post and omg it was about a 1/8th as cocky as chris crap i dont want to turn into a **** *********** *** Short ****** Non **** for any type of ***** that will **** *** and **** ***** love **** *** needing ***** with a ***** ***jewish people.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Kira no one could see anything that you posted due to filters............

and were teaming for low tier dubz right? xD

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hey Jane you're supposed to say "Oh I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl thank you" - Dr. Evil.

See you guys when you get here :D

And again huge fest at Neils the night before. And anyone who wants to crash at my place that night is more than welcome too (because neils will be way over crowded).

Jane

Smash Hero
Jane
You have to be one of the funniest people I know

I love how you always respond with pictures
:D

i just have so many good pictures and i love finding the most appropriate one hahah

Hey Jane you're supposed to say "Oh I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl thank you" - Dr. Evil.
hahahahaha! ahhh! now i have to watch all three austin powers!

god those movies are amazing

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Jane is awesome!!!

So with that I hate to say it but I'm takin first here. Or else I'll play people in poker or Texas Hold Em or BlackJack! I need money =[

Yo Jeff!!! Donate halk your winnings to "I love David because he's so cool and really needs the money fund" por favor. In return I'll teach you how to do some card tricks as well as how to rig decks so you always win lol =]

tekkie

Smash Master
zman/twins check your PMs. also i can talk to people in person about getting to the station on sunday. train leaves at 1:01, id like to be there by 12:30 at the latest. gas money, internetz in return <3

Dekar173

Justice Man
Everyone's a bad *** in B+ from what I remember, I haven't played it in ages XD

I'm still gonna win ;)

JK Paul will probably win B+ lol :[

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
im going for...
1/3 neil
If I came here, it would be 80% Neil
The mental aspect is what holds most people back.
Neil ate meat
neil ate a blazin' buffalo wing from bww
As for myself, well, I kind of suck. But I play CF so it's ok.
play falcon.
I am thoroughly impressed with the overwhelming accuracy of these posts.
wait nevermind i cant go

going would result in me kissing 4% of my biology grade goodbye
This, however, I am not impressed with at all.
Uguu so I have an accounting final friday at 4:50 and Ill probably be done at like 6:15. Guess my car is getting to new mexico late...is that alright neil?
Yeah dude, that's fine.

ATTENTION NEW MEXICANS
HERE IS INFORMATION FOR MY INCREDIBLE NEW MEXICO POUNDS THE 4 CORNERS FEST

Date: Friday, December 11, 2009
Time: starts officially at 2:00 p.m., ends late at night (most likely 2 hours after Arizona arrives), approximately 3 a.m.
Location: My house. If weather permits, I will be manly enough to even move part of the fest outside.

Expectations:

1. You will arrive at my house with pride in New Mexico and a strange, excessive desire to **** OOS and some money for our late-night adventure for food.

2. You will be respectful of my sleeping parents and exhibit reasonable levels of silence.

3. If you are sleeping over because it is 3 a.m. and you are tired, you will bring sleep-related commodities. YOU WILL NOT bring a television because some people will sleep over at my house without a ride to the venue the next day and may need that spot (e.g. Tekkie).

4. If you are not sleeping over and mustering up the manliness to drive back home at 3 a.m., then you will be generous and take a TV off my hands.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
darklink is already leaving later than planned that means no **** stops no snack stops no picking up tuscon players stops. He wants to get there and show NM whos boss.

You either leave with him or you miss out!!

tw1n

Smash Champion
I thought you were coming GG7?! Silly Kyle better not be a silly goose and not drive. I mean come on man. Please. For our sakes!

If Tuscon does not make it... I am going to torture and kill these kittens!

...oh wait those ones were already finished because of Dekar losing to Utahs guy in winners finals (a double 3-0 comeback means jack **** to me lol... not to mention the Inui loss)

I will kill these ones!!!

Look how adorable they are. Do you want that to happen Silly Kyle???

Top Bottom