• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
hahaha yeah Davis that was a great game.

And alright i'll give you the rematch of your life Dekar. We'll do a best of 5 set with all 5 matches being played no matter what the outcome.

First match we will do while sky diving. I'm assuming your awesomeness will be able to power the cordless tv and unplugged wii.

Second match will be with cinder blocks attached to both of our feet while we sink to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Again if you could provide light, power, and maybe the occasional air pocket for me that would be appreciated. Don't just let me sink and die because that would be worse than any john ever said.

Third is were it gets hard. We will need to travel back in time to a Nazi concentration camp and find two soldiers who will play the match for us. We should be able to coach them well enough for the outcome to be the same. No Jens son :p

Fourth we will go back to being simple and just play each other in the middle of the UFC octagon while Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are fighting each other. Should the rematch never occur we will just travel back in time to their first fight or Forest Griffin and Stephen Bonnar's first fight.

Fifth is the hardest. We will have to sit there playing a 99 stock match while being surrounded by TV's all playing the newest episodes of the Power Rangers. The more we wish it was the original the louder the TV's will be and the more dim the brawl one will become.

Do you accept?

And is it true that when you curse on here even your asterisks get censored because every swear word said is just that amazing? Sugoi

Haha, nice title Everett.

I'll be there Saturday. I need all the practice I can get. And I've got some theories to test out, hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...*Maniacal laughter continues* August knows what I mean. ;) Shhh!

Really, I think I'm going to have to hold another smashfest soon. Hmmm...I'll notify you guys whenever I know when. It might not be for a couple of week, so don't get too excited just yet.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I know Dekar. I just laugh every time I see that for some reason. Good stuff.

Sweet deal Erich. Hope to see you in the finals ;)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
hahaha yeah Davis that was a great game.

And alright i'll give you the rematch of your life Dekar. We'll do a best of 5 set with all 5 matches being played no matter what the outcome.

First match we will do while sky diving. I'm assuming your awesomeness will be able to power the cordless tv and unplugged wii.

Second match will be with cinder blocks attached to both of our feet while we sink to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Again if you could provide light, power, and maybe the occasional air pocket for me that would be appreciated. Don't just let me sink and die because that would be worse than any john ever said.

Third is were it gets hard. We will need to travel back in time to a Nazi concentration camp and find two soldiers who will play the match for us. We should be able to coach them well enough for the outcome to be the same. No Jens son :p

Fourth we will go back to being simple and just play each other in the middle of the UFC octagon while Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir are fighting each other. Should the rematch never occur we will just travel back in time to their first fight or Forest Griffin and Stephen Bonnar's first fight.

Fifth is the hardest. We will have to sit there playing a 99 stock match while being surrounded by TV's all playing the newest episodes of the Power Rangers. The more we wish it was the original the louder the TV's will be and the more dim the brawl one will become.

Do you accept?

And is it true that when you curse on here even your asterisks get censored because every swear word said is just that amazing? Sugoi
I **** so many bricks reading this that I've officially constructed a brick wall between me and my front door. In addition, my windows have bars on them so I will now starve to death, but I think it was worth the laughs.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I **** so many bricks reading this that I've officially constructed a brick wall between me and my front door. In addition, my windows have bars on them so I will now starve to death, but I think it was worth the laughs.
I think I can slide some pizzas through those bars. I don't know though.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I'll help you too. I give you some tortillas (they're just thin enough) and I'll get a very small tube and send you soda and beer. Don't worry Kash. We'll help you through the isolation.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Haha it seems like every time I talk or post either I piss Kash off or make him laugh so hard his sides hurt and he craps out McDonals that have been stuck in his system since the late 90's. If I ever do a comic standup please do come lol.

I should get a bevy of jokes ready to keep us entertained on the drive to Texas then... nah improve is the best.

Oh and I would offer to feed you Kash but I have to train to beat Dekar now. And should he win I'm going to cut off his head and yell "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" and hope that he doesn't just ressurect himself again O.o

Oh and Deek when are you going to email me the flyer to throw around UNM?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I'm probably having a Melee/SF4 fest later today. I realize that most people have school tomorrow, but for those who don't or don't care, come and prepare for the tournament. Will post more if/when it becomes a reality. Will probably start around 7 and go until whenever.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Happy 500th to the NM thread :)

I'm probably having a Melee/SF4 fest later today. I realize that most people have school tomorrow, but for those who don't or don't care, come and prepare for the tournament. Will post more if/when it becomes a reality. Will probably start around 7 and go until whenever.
Now now Steven, a professional Mewtwo player is capable of discerning between appearance and reality. This is why Mewtwo can air dodge/up+B the way he does, faking noobs with his facade.
By my logic, apparently fox and falco and sheik are included as well :p

So, hopefully, when you realize that your smashfest truly is a reality, you will let me go over there ~8 pm, you will allow me to bring a gamecube (probably not a TV, my mom dislikes me), and somebody will provide me with a ride back home late in the night. Nobody call me though, I won't have my phone until ~8 as well.
Agreed? :lick::lick::lick:

Alphabravo

Smash Ace

Call me and let me know. I don't have school for the rest of the week because juniors have to take some standards testing.

Ahh...yet one more reason I'm glad I'm a senior.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm supposed to mention to isaccard that fluxus thinks you have pretty eyes.

Also, to make sure you guys are going to come to the supercon at the end of july. 24-26th I think. After all, we want your money added to the pots for all the games. And then we can go to a restaurant and watch Kash lose in no-swearing-money-matches again.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm supposed to mention to isaccard that fluxus thinks you have pretty eyes.

Also, to make sure you guys are going to come to the supercon at the end of july. 24-26th I think. After all, we want your money added to the pots for all the games. And then we can go to a restaurant and watch Kash lose in no-swearing-money-matches again.
Them's fightin' words. :D

So, are we going to smash CO or what? First second and third sounds like a pretty deal to me, I dunno about you guys though.

@Kyle- I'm no good at photoshop, so the flyers designed by me would be poop. If anyone here is any good though, I was thinking of a design like:

Chun-Li facing left standing next to Sheik facing right, with a dollar sign on each corner of the paper, each dollar sign having a pair of anime boobs pasted on. Hopefully all of the perverted **** all over the flyer will grab some eyes.

The text can be listed beneath or in front of the two sluts reading-

Do you like Video Games?

Then participate in some of the local Fighter tournaments held weekly at the Mathnasium (located on the southwest corner of Eubank and Montgomery,) every Saturday starting at 4:30.

Enter for your chance to represent New Mexico at national tournaments!

For more information, contact me via email at Dekar173@gmail.com

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure your flyer would be better if you had marth on one side, then marth in chun-li's dress on the other side.

Also, your claims at winning are as humorous as a bear riding a unicycle. That is to say, quite humorous.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I know photoshop, so I guess I can make the flyers. At least I'd be contributing somehow. Though, printing them will have to be someone else's responsibility.

Also, I shall be at Steven's fest, so there's some incentive to come.

EDIT: WTF?! My username is GREEN! LOOK!

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Sheik has a *****. You should consider ZSS or Zelda. Hell, Nana's probably more feminine than Sheik.
Nana isn't even human. And ZSS is obviously the better option. Marth may be a woman, but s/he is too much of a *****.

Also, I want blue names. Screw green.

Hmph. I would have gone over but no one told me about it. I don't get on here often enough anymore I guess. Whatev. Next time, next time...see you all this weekend...maybe. I have been forced to go to prom. FORCED. Not even funny. Not sure if I'll be there or not because of it. Haha...I'll try to have a good time regardless though. :ohwell:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya there are alot of not as noticeable stuff. Unlike last time where every characters name was changed :D

Blue would be the better color but then again alot of people already have blue as their name color

Prom was actually fun for me. There was 0 drama and I turned 18 at midnight that night. So ya... fun times lol

I guess some other peoples (non-mods) names are changing without them noticing. Lol good stuff.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Protip for the next tourney: Can we make sure that we have refs// or somebody for the doubleblind character picks? I personally didn't run into a problem with it, but it'll just make sure there isn't any rampant counterpicking occuring, since we all basically know each other's mains. Gotta keep 'em guessing :-)

Soldier505

Smash Rookie
Yo homies! Im new on this site i live in ABQ me and my Brothers And Sister are Always playing SSBB On wii if n e 1 knows of any tournaments happening anytime soon or WHENEVER let me know ASAP. Its better to contact me at Luigi_soldier@tmail.com And Anyone If anyone wants to send their brawl codes to that email i will respond with mine right back at ya! Im Mostly up at night and im always lookin online on brawl but only have a few "Friends" on their so far but it be cool to know peeps in ABQ that i can plays online with.

Hit me up and Lets BRAWL!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Whats up Soldier. Good to have a new face in the community. I sent you an e-mail so hopefully you'll meet everyone Saturday at the tournament

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hey Soldier, it's awesome as always to meet you. I guess I can play you sometime, but I really don't like WiFi, it's really laggy for me. Anyways, ignore Twin A...he's keeping his boyfriend up at night with his snoring ;)

april fools sucks...august and steven were right. green names isn't enough to make me satisfied...

anyways great fest Steven, excluding my continually obnoxious attitude near the end. sorry if I was being too annoying with my stoned-like laughter.
it's kinda hard for someone like me to not be annoying anyway

hey does WHOBO have melee?? will they allow me to bring it and play it there?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I don't like the whole green names as much either. Maybe they should have done it on St. Patricks day but not April Fools day. Although I do think its kinda funny that alot of the Mods Names were changed to Mic_123 or whatever number and they're Avy is the guy from Half-Life.

But overall I think they should have done something bigger. But then again coming up with original, non offensive pranks is kinda hard...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Welcome Soldier. How old do you all happen to be? The next Brawl tournament will officially be happening on:

April 19th, at the Mathnasium starting at 4:30.

$5 venue
$5 (or $10? input) singles
$5 doubles per partner

and then the weekend afterward there is going to be a tournament at UNM hosted by the Anime Club. (April 26th).

3 tourneys this month, woo. :D

If you're interested in other games such as Smash Bros Melee or Street Fighter 4, just an fyi we're holding a tournament for those games this weekend at the Mathnasium at 4:30 :D

Where is Mathnasium? Southwest corner of Eubank and Montgomery, directly behind Taco Bell, located in the Marshall's parking lot.

I hope you're amused with the colors now.

Top Bottom