• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I've going to pick up a lot more characters. I mean it this time.
the way this sentence is written makes me lol. but im gonna pick more characters to (or at least mess around with some other characters). going lucas only at genesis isn't gonna cut it.

sinz, just go mk at genesis and get top 7, that way there's more of a chance that mk will be banned :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
-Awesome trip. Texas people rock. Texas sucks.
Just like NM?
Seriously, this place would blow gallons of balls if the community wasn't awesome.

-Got knocked out of the tournament. Went Falco against his Dedede where I killed myself. Tried to counter pick Dedede on Final Destination with Olimar, but he went Ice Climbers, so I was forced to use Wolf. I got destroyed. I didn't know who Lain was. That information would've helped.
ORLY? How many times did you get infinited?

If Metaknight doesn't get banned I'm quitting competitive Smash. I don't see how people can convince themselves it isn't an issue. Mew2King is ****ing dumb.
No, he just doesn't want his win button banned.

tw1n

Smash Champion
This is me. I was debating between usernames. I should probably stick with Tekkie; too many people know me by it by now.
MINDGAMES!!!!!!

So now that whobo is over, everyone needs to train more for melee (...and Brawl I guess) so that we can all do better at Genesis. I know this will be hard sadly because almost all of us have more important things going on in our lives.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I've going to pick up a lot more characters. I mean it this time.
I want to be playing Snake, Marth, and Wario(or maybe D3.) by the time this is all over.
What is everyone doing on saturday?

tw1n

Smash Champion
And I shall continue my Jiggs practice Melee wise =D

Sigh. I'm bored and I have a big headache. AHH!!!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Tell Lewis about the Smash tourneys on Saturday, I'm sure he'd want to come. He told me himself XD

Both Brawl and Melee will be occurring, David and Kyle, can you guys post up any more flyers at UNM? o.o Who else could post flyers at their school? I'll email them to you.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Dekar and kash was awesome peoples. They both scared me in our MM's D:... Kash might beat me next time. I have no wolf exp lol. I just know they like bair and downsmash xD

tekkie

Smash Master
Both Brawl and Melee will be occurring, David and Kyle, can you guys post up any more flyers at UNM? o.o Who else could post flyers at their school? I'll email them to you.
If I had time, I could have gotten some around, but I don't think it'll make a huge difference on such short notice.

Dekar and kash was awesome peoples. They both scared me in our MM's D:... Kash might beat me next time. I have no wolf exp lol. I just know they like bair and downsmash xD
Also lasers.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty **** broke, if enough people show up for Melee to call it a tourney, could we make it $5 for the entry? Also, I'm going to play only Samus until I find a new secondary. I'm pretty much finished with Fox.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
august- secondary link.
Link? LINK?! Wtf, I'm having enough trouble with Samus, I don't need a ****ing low tier weighing me down... I was thinking about either a character I've never played before (Falco, Marth, Sheik) or a an easy character that wont require much practice (Marth or Sheik)... OR FALCON.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Thanks for the Wolf practice by the way. I've never played Kalo's, so your is the first good I've faced in a while.

Friendlies: "Watch, here comes an epic gimp..." *fastfall nairs off the edge* "... of myself."
****ing lol. Forgot about that. You're too good at this game, Phantom :p

the way this sentence is written makes me lol. but im gonna pick more characters to (or at least mess around with some other characters). going lucas only at genesis isn't gonna cut it.

sinz, just go mk at genesis and get top 7, that way there's more of a chance that mk will be banned :D
I'll probably go Wolf only if I can master my Marth, Ice Climbers, Dedede, and Metaknight match ups. I'm close to mastering the Marth match up, but I need serious drill time with those other three. Also, ROB.

Just like NM?
Seriously, this place would blow gallons of balls if the community wasn't awesome.

ORLY? How many times did you get infinited?

No, he just doesn't want his win button banned.
Community is pretty awesome, but honestly, compared to Texas' community, I don't think it comes close.

Three stocks.

I want to be playing Snake, Marth, and Wario(or maybe D3.) by the time this is all over.
What is everyone doing on saturday?
Why not all four?

I plan on picking up... hmm... at bare minimum Ice Climbers, Metaknight, and I need to train my Falco again.

You were the first good Toon Link I ever played, too, so you and I were in the same boat. Good ****. I want a rematch next time, buddy ;)

I'm pretty **** broke, if enough people show up for Melee to call it a tourney, could we make it $5 for the entry? Also, I'm going to play only Samus until I find a new secondary. I'm pretty much finished with Fox.
Go Falcon. Use Samus. Your Samus is like sex, but better.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
i think you answered your own question lol
He never asked a question.

So last mathanasium tournament I pussed out and used Falcon in several matches. This was largely due to the horrible, horrible anal penetration my Mewtwo experienced at the hands of Neil. That won't be the case this time. All Mewtwo all the way.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'll probably go Wolf only if I can master my Marth, Ice Climbers, Dedede, and Metaknight match ups. I'm close to mastering the Marth match up, but I need serious drill time with those other three. Also, ROB.

Community is pretty awesome, but honestly, compared to Texas' community, I don't think it comes close.

Three stocks.
I'll help out with the IC's matchup. I'm nowhere near lain (lol obv), but mine are OK. I need to practice My IC's anyways. And I can play MK just as well as the next guy (if you can play smash, you can play MK :( )

Also, it's becuase nm sucks. *goes on a rant about lack of ability to get education in nm*

tw1n

Smash Champion
That won't be the case this time. All Mewtwo all the way.
**** **** ****it **** stupid mother ******* ahhhh!!!! ****************************

I hate your MewTwo lol.

August... you must play Falcon lol. We have what, 5 falcon mains in NM? Why not one more 0.o I suggest Falco personally

tw1n

Smash Champion
Don't play Sheik. Go for someon you have to have some tech skill to use well. Sheik and Marth =/= high tech requirements. Hell Sheik doesn't even need L cancelling!

Ok update. Hi odds are that I will be at Mathnasium this saturday =D So expect me tocome take all your money people! And someone make sure Erich and Paul show up lol. I'll try convincing Kyle.

Decker - e-mail me the new flyers and I'll start posting them tomorrow k

I won't be here on Saturday. I'll be in Moab, doing some off-roading, mountain-biking, rock-climbing and repelling, etc. Yea, sorry guys.

Also, picking up Marth is not that easy August. He's not very easy to get down like I have him down. If you picked him up, sure you might be decent, but it takes a good long while before you get down everything for him, especially the spacing. Sheik is your best bet for easy pick-up, mhmmm.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Molly, I wear a medium. Give the shirts to either august or Paul. If not just hold it and i will just pick it up sometime.

Thank you!

Also, Davis. I think I will try to pick up all four :)

When is the next TX tourney? I am interested in going to one now.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I won't be here on Saturday. I'll be in Moab, doing some off-roading, mountain-biking, rock-climbing and repelling, etc. Yea, sorry guys.
That sounds like tons of fun right there. Just come back to us in one piece lol

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Dekar is too cool for NM. come to TX. Kash you can tag along :)
You can bet you'll see us dropping by more frequently. Keep us updated on tournaments and stuff, mang :]

Also, picking up Marth is not that easy August. He's not very easy to get down like I have him down. If you picked him up, sure you might be decent, but it takes a good long while before you get down everything for him, especially the spacing. Sheik is your best bet for easy pick-up, mhmmm.
I don't think anyone said Marth was easy to pick-up. He's just not technical.

Sounds like fun.

Molly, I wear a medium. Give the shirts to either august or Paul. If not just hold it and i will just pick it up sometime.

Thank you!

Also, Davis. I think I will try to pick up all four :)

When is the next TX tourney? I am interested in going to one now.
Awesome. What kind of t-shirts are you getting?

Also, have you seen Esca? I thought it was you at first. He's like a less handsome version, haha. Seriously, when he introduced himself he was like, "My name's Esca."

I responded, "My name's Kash. Nice to meet you Everett 2." He didn't get it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Awesome. What kind of t-shirts are you getting?

Also, have you seen Esca? I thought it was you at first. He's like a less handsome version, haha. Seriously, when he introduced himself he was like, "My name's Esca."

I responded, "My name's Kash. Nice to meet you Everett 2." He didn't get it.
I have 3 clones? All less handsome and less loved?

I am getting an MK shirt and a Snake shirt :D

Hey what is everyone doing on friday? I have no school that day. So I am up for brawl or melee. :D

What time does brawl start on saturday? and is it just the 5/5/5 thing?
If we go to TX I might try to pretend to be Esca. :D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
1. Nice. I want t-shirts D:
2. I'm doing a surprise birthday party for a friend and have school, otherwise I'd be down. Sorry.
3. I think the tournament starts at 4:30 PM.
4. I swear you could pull it off.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I have 3 clones? All less handsome and less loved?

I am getting an MK shirt and a Snake shirt :D

Hey what is everyone doing on friday? I have no school that day. So I am up for brawl or melee. :D

What time does brawl start on saturday? and is it just the 5/5/5 thing?
If we go to TX I might try to pretend to be Esca. :D
5/5/5 sounds good, it always has been before. Brawl STARTS at 4:30 BUT we will be setting up (as usual) right around 3:30.

Lmao @ pretending to be Esca. We could make it even more believable if we made you a shirt that had Pit on it and said "Brent" on the back. That would be too funny, he'd probably commit a felony though, so I dunno if it's worth it. I vote yes :D

And Davis, it starts right at 4:30, but we'll be setting everything up right around 3:30.

@everyone: because it is required that I gain at the very least $100 dollars for venue fee (Mike's a greedy injun) I won't be doing discounts for venue fee until that $100 is acquired, meaning, first come, first serve. If you brought a setup first, and we get $120 for venue (24 people show up) then your venue fee, as well as the next 3 people who brought a setup, will be waived.

Gaming system setup = -$2
non laggy TV = -$3

Should I bring drinks? If so, what kind?

Finally I know when Supercon is: July 24th-26th. Cool.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=185798

$500 added pot bonus to Brawl, heh.

BTW there WILL be SF4 at the tourney this weekend, but that will be starting at 6 as opposed to 4:30 (a lot of them work until then ><)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You guys should bring Overgames next time you come. I'll have a custom shirt made that says Fatal 5 on it and he'll probably kill himself, me, or the both of us in a blind, WiFi pride-induced rage.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You guys should bring Overgames next time you come. I'll have a custom shirt made that says Fatal 5 on it and he'll probably kill himself, me, or the both of us in a blind, WiFi pride-induced rage.
lmfao. Invited the ***le but he's a douche and is "16" or some other such nonsense :( Whatta *******. Razor's twice the man he is, and half his age to boot.

Overgames

Smash Rookie
You said yourself you aren't into clans in general. You just want your "combo" video worked on. But I really could care less what WiFi clan you were in. I just needed something to say when you you said NM players were trash, and I just happen to remember that incident.

Top Bottom