• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
I have 3 clones? All less handsome and less loved?
If we go to TX I might try to pretend to be Esca. :D
Hmm... maybe every state has their own Everett... just slightly different clones. What a twist! See you all saturday lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You said yourself you aren't into clans in general. You just want your "combo" video worked on. But I really could care less what WiFi clan you were in. I just needed something to say when you you said NM players were trash, and I just happen to remember that incident.
Aw. No point in making the shirt then :(

You should still come to TX so we can MM.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Phantom X should just make here his new home :-) We need more Warios anyways.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Even if you just come for friendlies just show up. But as Kash said its only $5... actually $10 total. That's not so bad is it? Just borrow the money off someone and pay them back with your winnings =D

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Davis speaks the truth.
August i'll cover your measley $10

Last night, I somehow managed to watch EVERY "Sonic Sez" episode ever.
I don't know how i did it, but it happened.

tekkie

Smash Master
Davis speaks the truth.
August i'll cover your measley $10

Last night, I somehow managed to watch EVERY "Sonic Sez" episode ever.
I don't know how i did it, but it happened.
And now you know what to do if someone touches you in a place or in a way you don't like.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Feelings mutual Kash.

I just got done with my Differential Equations exam and I feel like choking out a small child. Neil where are you!!!

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
since derek wants to cheat on me with davis, i need a partner for satudar (im looking at you, walker)
Whoa whoa whoa, if Davis is at mathnasium, he and I have teams on lock. The fact that you hear Derek muttering Davis' name in his sleep doesn't make their relationship a reality.

Overgames

Smash Rookie
Whoa whoa whoa, if Davis is at mathnasium, he and I have teams on lock. The fact that you hear Derek muttering Davis' name in his sleep doesn't make their relationship a reality.
Davis was the one who asked ME if I wanted to do doubles this Saturday. Don't get all hurt because your man wants to be with me.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Didn't Davis post he was doing some surprise thing for someone at his school Saturday?

There's a 50% chance i'll be coming saturday.

edit: oh yeah, since you were all talking about, this is probably my first or second favorite lucky star remix. Maybe this one. Or even this, consisting of all the Lucky Star OST character themes mixed. Since you guys are all super excited, next fest I'll bring back the endless lucky star playlist.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
A Pimp Named Wonders says his hoes need to settle down, and yes, please say the whole thing: A Pimp Named Wonders.
A Pimp Named Wonders shouldn't have to say 'please'. Get your hoes in gear, or some other pimp might steal 'em away.

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
Attention anyone who wants a shirt (I'm looking at you Davis and Salty):

They are 5 dollars per shirt, so if you want two, that's 10 dollars. This is simply to cover shirt costs and t-shirt transfer costs. Also, I need to know your size. White/black are the only color choices, but white is a lot easier for me to do and the transfers come out better. If you want to pick what picture you want that's awesome, but if you don't specify, I will choose (don't worry I don't pick gaytastic pictures.)

Side note for those of you that have shirts: Remember to wash them inside out, and DO NOT put them in the dryer; hang them up to air dry. (Dekar's and Ax's have been ruined due to drying)

The only shirts I will have by this Sat. tournament are Z-man's and maybe Sinz if I get to them. If anyone wants a shirt and let's me know at the tourni and gives me the money, they will be ready by the next tournament.

Z-man, it was an XXL right?

tekkie

Smash Master
Hmmm, I might do some up-hitting as well.

Although I'm curious now what black would look like.
also no good wolf pics on the internets :(

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Davis. Tai is going to house me and you for Devastation. One sidenote, we can't practice brawl at his place. But that should be fine.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Molly. I may be hitting you up. We will see.
He just threatened abuse against you Molly, you gonna take that? :p

And thats what I thought too, Tekkie's sig owns haha.

Speaking of Pokemon games, I was rather fortunate recently to come across a really cheap but still in great condition DS and am now thinking of picking up a pokemon game, any suggestions? (Newer, I have the older ones).

My birthday's in a week and I still haven't gotten David his gift yet lol (shhhh don't tell him mmkay)

Hey Davis, just so I know that I brought a tear to your eye, do you remember the story you told me about Flippy from Star Fox Adventures? The poor retired guy who gave everything he could to help them succeed? note I tried to find the video online but I guess no one posted it. So I got this one instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iodiHWV93PA

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Speaking of Pokemon games, I was rather fortunate recently to come across a really cheap but still in great condition DS and am now thinking of picking up a pokemon game, any suggestions? (Newer, I have the older ones).
Get Platinum. The follow up games (yellow, crystal, emerald) are always upgraded versions of the other ones. If you are going to get diamond/peral, the diffirence is pretty minimal. It's almost completley the pokemon you can obtain, and none of the game-specific pokemon really matter anyways.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Buy a DS flash-cart. An M3 or an R4.

Dekar173

Justice Man
He just threatened abuse against you Molly, you gonna take that? :p

And thats what I thought too, Tekkie's sig owns haha.

My birthday's in a week and I still haven't gotten David his gift yet lol (shhhh don't tell him mmkay)

Hey Davis, just so I know that I brought a tear to your eye, do you remember the story you told me about Flippy from Star Fox Adventures? The poor retired guy who gave everything he could to help them succeed? note I tried to find the video online but I guess no one posted it. So I got this one instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iodiHWV93PA
Get Battletoads, hours of amphibious warfare right in your living room!

Remember: Saturday includes Melee/Brawl starting at 4:30 (come in at 3:30 if you want, but if you're late for the tourney too bad, you'll have to live without playing doubles).

SF4 starts at 6, we'll be having 3 setups *cough* Steven August *cough*

We'll have to alternate the TVs so we can fit 4 people per Brawl TV and just 2 per SF4, so it may look a little funky having SF4 next to Brawl which is next to another SF4 setup, but that's for efficiency's sake, not my health.

$5 venue (this pays for any and all events you want to play in)
$5 Smash singles
$5 Smash doubles
$10 SF4 singles

Venue fee discounts will be given based upon turnout. Unfortunately Mike is a nazi and wants a lot of money for every time we do this. I'm done with paying the rest out of my own pocket, as I need money for other things, so this is the only solution.

10% total will be taken out of all pots for the evening (and future ones) that will be set aside for future gaming trips.

As for the doubles chain grab (grab release > grab by other partner) that stupid **** is banned. Any and all things that are debateable can be debated upon by us, the NM smashers. I'm tired of relying on a bunch of morons (read: the back room) only to get rulesets that essentially CRAVE the stagnation, and ultimately, the failure of Brawl's metagame.

Things to be debated upon:

DDD's standing infinite- currently banned, and for good reason

IC's infinites- takes a lot more skill to perform than DDD's, but they can use a limitation if need be

Pikachu's buffered CG's- I don't know how difficult these may be, but in all honesty I believe they should at the very least be limited to something like 50% or so. Pika against Falco/fox/Wolf are ALL unwinnable for the spacies anymore. Sad story.

Planking- banned as of now, but if you guys absolutely want it for whatever reason, we can talk about it

Trash-talk/rage during and after matches- sportsmanship's a must guys, if anything this is just a reminder but we need to keep our cool in and out of match, as well as not seem condescending/discouraging to new people that come to the scene

Double blind picks- the first round sets the tone for the rest of the set in any match. Being that we all know each other's mains pretty well, we need to start doing double blind picking processes, starting with this Saturday.

MK- what I just stated above goes hand in hand with what I'm about to say; if you plan on choosing MK for the first round in the set, I believe your opponent should be allowed to choose their best character against you. The reasoning behind this is simple: MK has no bad match-ups, only even ones, those in his favor, and those that can be won without use of the c-stick or A button. The most this rule could do is to make it an even game.

Stage legality- What should be banned? What shouldn't? I'd like for us to discuss PS1 as a starter in place of Lylat, as well as pictochat being made legal again.

Top Bottom