• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Steven's sig isn't a pile of **** so I don't think it represents it perfectly.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We playtested it a ton. It is so awesome. They messed up when they were putting the entire pack together. They put an old pit pac in there. The only difference between the pac in there and the one that was supposed to be in there is that pit can infinitely stall with his upb and another attack to upb. Everything else is awesome.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
we almost always have a fest going on every friday and saturday. i'll pm you my number so i can give you rides n ****.

and it's not like we always play smush. we tend to like tvc, gg, and sf4 if you play any of those games :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Hey, I read that. I can't provide transportation, but there are almost always Smashfests on Friday/saturday, and NM smash is like 95% ABQ. Look forward to smashing with you :)

**** your ninja Zack

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Alright, got set up with ZMan and everything looks good to go. Only thing that's pending confirmation is my flights and such, which my family will be settling sometime (hopefully) soon.

I don't really play other fighting games, unfortunately. I'm interested in SF4 and I dabble in the art of shooting Tiger Shots and then kneeing/HKing/uppercutting when people get close, though.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Don't worry too much about that, Dekar and I (and maybe a few others) are up for Brawl. We have a few players of everything, and a dedicated base of nothing lol.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Haha, I can play almost every character in this game very well, but I just use those three in tourneys mostly. I'll be up for providing you guys with any kind of matchup experience you could ask for.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So who's all down for a tourney when Doom comes through NM?

El Paso already said they'll come, I'm gonna see if we can hopefully generate some more oos interest and make it a right, old, shindig ;P

Sound nice everyone?

Arms

Smash Rookie
I can't go to that tourney lol...

HAY! Atleast now steven and august have a chance to place.

tw1n

Smash Champion
QFW
Quoted for Weeaboo
Is this a flubber reference I am reading...???!!!

Lol too good!

So who's all down for a tourney when Doom comes through NM?

El Paso already said they'll come, I'm gonna see if we can hopefully generate some more oos interest and make it a right, old, shindig ;P

Sound nice everyone?
I can ask AZ if any of them would be interested in coming... I'll text some of them now lol.

Or you can just post in one of their manby threads and ask lol

tekkie

Smash Master
on my 5th try catching lugia, i got him down to single-digit health/paralyzed and watched as 33 ultra balls, 2 moon balls, 3 friend balls, a level ball, and a dive ball didn't work. then he used struggle and killed himself. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

no i dont have false swipe or any actual stat modifying moves besides body slam lololol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Welcome to pokemon Tekkie. Force some paralysis form Body slam, It really drastically ups the catch rate.

Also, this has happened to me with Uxie before. I hate it so much.

tekkie

Smash Master
Welcome to pokemon Tekkie. Force some paralysis form Body slam, It really drastically ups the catch rate.

Also, this has happened to me with Uxie before. I hate it so much.
the frustration is a part of the nostalgia :]

'cept back in the day i wanted to catch that ****er before the bus got to school and i had to wait allllllllllll day until the bus back to try again

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
If you have Paras, he makes catching a lot easier. Although he sucks balls.
Paras is a Grass/Bug Pokemon (horrible typing) with dismal Speed and bad
stats. However, Paras makes up for this by being the absolute best Pokemon
catcher in the game. Paras gets access to Spore, a rare move with 100% chance
of putting an opponent to Sleep. When a Pokemon is asleep, the chance of
catching that Pokemon greatly increases. Paras also gets False Swipe, which
will never kill a Pokemon, allowing you to bring a Pokemon's HP to 2 before you
catch it. Right on.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Parascet also has balls defenses ans will get it's **** packed to hell in one hit because of Aeroblast (lol hit crit chance 4x supereffective move)

Sleep or freeze are the best condition to inflict, but they don't last. Paralysis is next best because it won't kill them (although it doesn't increase the chance as much as Sleep/freeze)

Top Bottom