• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New server for shoddy

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You were close man, close. Now we need spriting for both SmashCAPs to be finished and it'll be pretty awesome sailing from there, my boyiz.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
not really, because now i don't think i can actually host it, but i'm going to find out

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It won't be on the server list until you request it to be added. Right now, you need a server address and a port to connect.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i am allowed to do this, i just read my school FAQ with internet stuff, i just need to find the router

so, this thing could be a full-go tonight

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I probably won't be active to watch the launch of this thing.

But I'll be here tomorrow.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Likewise.

And Roacherman, just because Chill and Spire are Mods here they wouldn't necessarily have to be Mods there. For example Mood4Food is almost definitely going to be one. So yeah.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm an admin, not a mod

meaning i will have complete control over everything that goes on

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah, I had no idea. I don't know very well how Shoddy works... so yeah...

So no news on when the server is going to be posted?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
when i find the name of the router than my school campus uses, i can get this thing up and running any minute

mood4food77

Smash Hero
bad news guys, i probably can't do this but when i go home, i can probably set it up, i have about a month left of school so hopefully you guys can hold out till then

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i get out of school may 10th, i'll probably be home may 11th

i can definitely do this when i'm home since i know my internet connection at home and stuff and after that, i can leave the comp connected to shoddy battle all the time and have my bro maintain it for a year (all he'll have to do is just make sure it's open)

hopefully i make enough money this summer to buy myself a laptop to make this completely possible

i cannot do this now, i'm sorry but when i get home, i can 100% guarantee that this can be done

the main reason why i cannot do it is because i have to contact my school about opening the ports and for something like this, the likely hood of that happening is...very slim, even though no more than 15 people would be on this at a time probably

but don't worry guys, when i'm at home, nothing will get in the way

like, if i work on this at home, it should probably take like 30 minutes to do, so don't worry, you guys will have your server

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
That's unfortunate m4f. On another hand, my friends and I have a Linux box that we're not using so I might be able to set up a Shoddy server if you don't get yours working.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's alright. What's important is that you tried and it's completely possible.

To prevent it from dying I guess we could discuss potential things we could have on it.

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's completely doable at home
i just can't do it in college

that's the dilemma

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Are you sure you can't, mood4food? Don't all routers have some ports open that you can hijack? For example, internet browsers must use a port.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, i read up in places
if you try to be sneaky, they'll find you in like 3 minutes and fine you (sometimes)
i'd rather not take that chance, especially when i only have 1 month left of classes

IC3R

Smash Lord
Folks have actually been able to use animated sprites, but it became annoying to see Garchomp move his arm and roar every five seconds.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i was going to keep it simple

the most important thing is getting the server up and running, once i get that figured out at home, i'll add some stuff, starting with our NU to OU project (as that would be the simplest)

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Can you add some special clauses for us?!??!?!

Please?!?!!? *begs*

Examples:

No SR
No Critical Hits
No Scizor

Ya'know, stuff like that. If both players agree to it, it'll be enforced or something like that.....

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
Can you add some special clauses for us?!??!?!

Please?!?!!? *begs*

Examples:

No SR
No Critical Hits
No Scizor

Ya'know, stuff like that. If both players agree to it, it'll be enforced or something like that.....
The SR and Scizor clauses seem pretty useless to me. Why bother adding clauses that not everyone will use? If both players agree not to use SR/Scizor, would enforcing it really be necessary?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If you set up No Crits I'm going to make a team focused on getting a Cosmic Power Clefable to +6 Defenses, then stall things out with Seismic Toss + Thunderbolt + Toxic or something.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
No crits is stupid because we're playing Pokémon.

I want a Speed Clause, where the timer is ten seconds and goes up two every turn.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Holy ****ing **** I couldn't handle that kind of pressure aaaaaa

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
The SR and Scizor clauses seem pretty useless to me. Why bother adding clauses that not everyone will use? If both players agree not to use SR/Scizor, would enforcing it really be necessary?
If you set up No Crits I'm going to make a team focused on getting a Cosmic Power Clefable to +6 Defenses, then stall things out with Seismic Toss + Thunderbolt + Toxic or something.
No crits is stupid because we're playing Pokémon.

I want a Speed Clause, where the timer is ten seconds and goes up two every turn.
Arceus, I hate getting mobbed.

Ugh, fine it was stupid. Ignore it.

Top Bottom