• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Send it to me or post it, I'll rate it later tonight when I do Luco's.

I'll repost my Eleven color idea~
1. Original Coloring
2. Red Coloring
3. Blue Coloring
4. Green Coloring
5. Yellow Coloring
6. "Femme" Coloring
7. "Light" Coloring
8. "Dark" Coloring
9. Recoloring (Deoxys Recolor)
10. Recoloring (Shiny Mewtwo)
11. Random Coloring (Red/Blue Mewtwo)

ALSO ALSO,

My debate tournament is in the voting period, check it out in the backroom and vote for who you wanna see get in~ Should be fuuuun!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Aiyyo Shortie. Are you going to be updating you're rankings list (if it's a rankings) periodically. The competitive side of me makes me want to climb to the top lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Aiyyo Shortie. Are you going to be updating you're rankings list (if it's a rankings) periodically. The competitive side of me makes me want to climb to the top lol.
Of my Roster tier list, or my Pokemon gym leader thingy? Either way, I plan on updating them both from time to time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ASage's Roster
(
Name
means it must be unlocked):

Super Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
~
Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario:
Wario
Kat and Ana

Yoshi:
Yoshi
Baby Mario and Luigi

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Young Link

Metroid:
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother:
Lucas
Ness

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Lucario
Mewtwo

Classic Returns:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch

Third Party (All must be unlocked):
Master Hand slapped me when I was playing my PSP, and told me to obey Nintendo, so I say none. :awesome:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@asage
Well you've posted some pics before other than sprites and recolors, also your avis

@Shortie
Your roster looks a lot like mine, but they're both the standard rosters without having crazy choices like Goku or Cloud.
No 3rd parties makes me a bit sad. Although I understand keeping SSB Nintendo exclusive I'm not so much as a Nintendo fan boy to exclude 3rd parties :)
Also, awesome Deoxys recolor. The "femme" color should be Mew IMO

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Of my Roster tier list, or my Pokemon gym leader thingy? Either way, I plan on updating them both from time to time.
The Pokemon one.

Also, I think everyone should keep their names that have already been assigned to them and you should make a tier list that we move up and down.

I like my name in that list too much to lose it

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@asage
Well you've posted some pics before other than sprites and recolors, also your avis

@Shortie
Your roster looks a lot like mine, but they're both the standard rosters without having crazy choices like Goku or Cloud.
No 3rd parties makes me a bit sad. Although I understand keeping SSB Nintendo exclusive I'm not so much as a Nintendo fan boy to exclude 3rd parties :)
Also, awesome Deoxys recolor. The "femme" color should be Mew IMO
Oh that isn't MY roster. I haven't made a roster in a while. Looking over Javacroc's roster.

AND I KNOW IT SHOULD BE but coloring mewtwo's entire body one bright color can look stupid, (I tried already) so I just went with pink tail. BUT, if it could be done, I would want him to have a mew recolor of some sort.

The only way you would lose your name is if I found either, a more fitting one, or you actually moved up into the Gym/Elite Four status. Otherwise you will stay yourself. Haha no one would take your name if you moved up anyway. Those names are supposed to reflect the type of poster you are, so no one would take your name.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
How would I get to the Pokemon Gym Leader thing? I'm involved(I'm Squirtle), so I'd like to know how to get there.
Yeah... I know I'm sort of a noob... But hey, that's why I'm Squirtle.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Shortie
Ooh, lol well Java's looks like mine then.

But no, not an entire Mew recolor but the one you have as it is with blue eyes and a lighter/pink tint on the body. Just labeled "Mew" instead of "femme" too I guess.

@Metal Launch
Yo! I know, but I only really post in this thread and I started getting bored of it's repetitiveness :p
I still lurk from time to time, but lately I've just been getting away from the monitor to play Black Ops or my friends actually have time away from school.
I finally decided to put up my roster in my blog yesterday haha

@asage
Yeah that one and some others, if the majority is from you awesome job :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How would I get to the Pokemon Gym Leader thing? I'm involved(I'm Squirtle), so I'd like to know how to get there.
Yeah... I know I'm sort of a noob... But hey, that's why I'm Squirtle.

Just gotta sort of become a more experienced poster, so it will take time, but if anyone has any more questions about this, please take them to the backroom~ Thank you!

@Femme Mewtwo. I used the label "Femme" for the feminine color scheme. The Femme color for mewtwo can be mew, I just plan on using that eleven lifst for every character recolor I do, you know? It's sort of guidelines.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Comments in orchid italics.

Roster Designer: Javacroc

Meowww~ Time to cat this up.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Captain Syrup, Yoshi

- Well, Mario and Yoshi wise. You did good. You picked no newcomers, which is very much fine by me. Now, Captain Syrup is where I get excited. Very excited. Wario is basically where I want to see the “Mario Newcomer” tokens be spent. Buy me a Syrup, or an Ashley mister Sakurai. The choice you made was a smart one. You get a 5/5 from me.

For an actual SSB4 roster, IMO, the smart choice would be a WarioWare character considering how that series has really taken the spotlight from Wario Land series. Ashley would be the safest bet, although I'd probably choose Orbulon because he'd be a WTF addition and has the unique "stereotypical alien" feel you could apply to his moveset and personality that would make him more unique than potentially Ashley even.

I chose Syrup though, simply because Wario Land was one of the big franchises of my childhood and I have memories of Syrup.

Fun Fact About Me: Super Mario Land 2 was my first video game. After SML2, I would not play a Mario game until Mario Party 7 packed with the GameCube - in all that time between, my only connection to the Mario series was through the Wario Land sub-series.

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

- You sir, have just completed the Donkey Kong series. Something Sakurai has only managed to do with LoZ and Kirby so far. King K. Rool and Dixie are wonderful choices, and adding them both is just what the doctor ordered. I love it when I see a series completed. 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Midna & Wolf Link

- Although I like the idea of Midna and Wolf Link, adding them at this point is 100% going to get you a docking in points. Why you may ask? Because if you KEEP YTLink, you have three Links, and if you CUT YTLink, you just cut a perfectly good character for an outdated one. I like this character, and it’s not a HORRID addition, so you get a 3.5/5

The only logical choice for a new Zelda rep is Tingle, IMO. I added Midna because I liked her personality in TP and I liked TP in general; she was absolutely my "total bias" character decision. I wouldn't add her in for any reason other than I like her.

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

- Good job. Adding anyone else would look a tad silly. I mean, Prince Fluff is the best choice right now, and…. He’s still a poor choice. 5/5

Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Roy- Almost the best case scenario. Just add a little “Luigified” sticker next to Roy, and BAM. You would have gotten a perfect score 4.5/5 I won’t dock you much for that though.

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- See, I’m sort of a weird guy. I believe that a series shouldn’t have to stop growing until its been properly represented, but there comes a point where too much is too much. This is that point. They’re all good choices, but I would say you should either pick Lucario, or Mewtwo. Or simply make Pokemon Trainer Meowth/Chrizard/Deoxys and keep it at six Pokemon, not eight. 3/5

I kept Lucario for a couple of reasons. The most important are that he is a Smash Bros. veteran who many would like to return, and the second is I see him as sort of a representative for those "middle" generations of Pokemon - the second, third, and fourth.

Since I scrapped my Rescue Team and didn't want to change Pokemon Trainer's lineup, I had no ability to add characters from the second and third generations. I would if I could, but I wanted a cap of 53 characters in my roster.

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- Looks like you finished the Metroid series, and kept the Mother series at two characters, which isn’t a bad idea. 10/10

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf

- You did dandy. Samurai is IMO as worthy as Ridley. While Krystal is NOT, I think you made a safe decision in leaving her out. 10/10

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Medusa, Lip, Doctor Mario, Little Mac, Isaac, Stary, Saki, Ray, Kanan, Jiro, Duck Hunt, Sukapon

- I can see where you spent all your slot tokens! I like it. I like it a LOT. My iffy additions lay in Doc, Kanan, and Jiro. Personally, I think you could lose Doc and Jiro for Shulk and Andy of Advanced wars. I mean the Any thing is just preference, but Shulk should really be there. Duck Hunt sucks, but whatevs. 9/10 because I loved the choices.

I think if the future turns out right, Kanan could become the more logical choice than Shulk considering Last Story is now known to be arriving in both Europe and Australia and is purported to be in progress for North America as well. Obviously in the present, Shulk is the better choice, but Kanan made it in over him just because having done the research on her character (she has holy magic abilities), I've come to like her and her potentail.

The Doc was, for the most part, another choice made based on bias. He can work fine as an alternate costume for Mario, but I would like the Doc to be a... well, doctor. Plus, I liked the effect of jumping from no Puzzle League rep in Brawl to having two characters representing it in SSB4.

I chose Jiro because one, I feel he compliments Kanan/Shulk as a currently one-game new rep that represents the handheld systems while Kanan/Shulk are console reps. Plus, Jiro would represent DLC - a new venture for Nintendo that the company is only beginning to take advantage of. Some may think of him as just a spin-dashing armadillo, but if take a few liberties with him, he can really become a unique character who also brings a new archetype setting for the Smash Bros. series - the Wild West.

Duck Hunt Dog is definitely the controversial choice, but I added him after reading ArcadeNik's suggestion that he works like any one of those classic cartoon canines from the old 30's - 60's short films. Being a fan of animation and especially classic hand-drawn animation, I thought he could really have the potential to be unique and, yes, a good character with the right moveset. Obviously, I haven't written a moveset for him, but the moveset in my mind is based on the many retro games of Nintendo and classic stereotypical cartoon actions. Plus, he'd have a sort of cartoon "flexibility" to his design that would make him play uniquely from other characters. HARD TO EXPLAIN WHEN I DON'T HAVE A MOVESET, but my sudden inspiration is what got him on the roster.

Third Party Characters: None.

- Good cat. 5/5

OVERALL APPERENCE: I have pretty much no complaints. I COULD complain about having Midna over Tingle, or Black Shadow, or heck even Krystal. But, she’s cool, and I don’t honestly mind her that much. Other than that, I think you had a majorly awesome roster.

Javajavajavajavajavajava

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
2. JavaCroc 91%

Heck yea!

Upper Tier Roster Makers
3. Oasis 83%
4. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
5. Berserker 77%
6. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
7. Swayne 62%

Also, I'm always game to take another look at a roster or whatever, if you feel I scored you wrong. I also will look at brand new rosters you make~

You did miss one character I added though - I actually had Pico on the roster for an F-Zero rep, not Goroh. But I suppose either character works, so I'm cool with Goroh.

I'll edit this in a sec with more content. SORRY CROC! I'll keep your score the same, but you would have lost a single point because he isn't the BEST choice, but a decent one. P:
Fine with me. I'm aware Goroh's the better choice, but Pico has more potential for a REALLY interesting moveset than Goroh or Black Shadow since his gameplay in F-Zero is not about racing past his opponents, but cheating and out-smarting his opponents. He's a hit-man made to kill - that nature appealed to me more when designing the roster than another sword user or a dark magic user usually chosen to clone another character for the sake of the uniqueness of that other character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll edit this in a sec with more content. SORRY CROC! I'll keep your score the same, but you would have lost a single point because he isn't the BEST choice, but a decent one. P:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That's great to hear, Goku :)

I'm officially switching my primary support from Victini to Genesect now. :cool:

I still think Victini's more likely, though...

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Launch
Well, it's not cool since I don't go on as much as I used to and I don't talk to the people who are cool with me, but I'll definitely be on more once there's more news on SSB4.
I know there's already as much fire in SSB as much as swords, but I like Victini's pyrokinesis (psychic/fire) more than Zoroark's illusions. I see illusions as more cinematic so I think Zoroark may show up to be a boss in SSE/Adv. Mode :D

As for Genesect, I don't know too much about him but I do see similarities between it and Mewtwo, the catch being that Genesect is more of a mech than a splice. Plus it's not even "officially released" yet.

@Shortie
I guess I can't really do much about female stereotypes lol but the Mew color fits the femme color anyway

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As for Genesect, I don't know too much about him but I do see similarities between it and Mewtwo, the catch being that Genesect is more of a mech than a splice. Plus it's not even "officially released" yet.
Genesect's release is what could get him in Sm4sh. After studying this sad fact, I worry of Victini's appearence. I WANT TO PLAY AS VICTINI! Also, the only similarities of the two are: none. Genesect is a cyborg, not a clone. Mewtwo isn't a cyborg, but is a clone.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, Genesect isn't a clone but a cyborg? I really wish they released an installment with him soon, that way I capture both him and Mewtwo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Listen to this for added effect when reading my post

So I know that most of you know me as the hardcore debater. Not really making my position on something know unless I'm attacking someone because I felt that post or opinion (or the person stating their opinion as fact) was stupid. Well I thought it was time for me to switch it up, finally putting one of my opinions out there for controversy, for criticism, for hatred. But knowing me, I could really care less if you hate it or not, and most of you probably already know.

I feel it is time for me, to make a roster.

My roster using Shortie's formatting to keep it easy and clean.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Toad, Yoshi

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda (Now with a Down B that doesn't change her into Sheik), Ganondorf, Toon Link, Sheik (now with a Down B)

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Roy (with updated moveset)

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

Feel removing Jigglypuff and making it so Lucario, Mewtwo and Victini are in represents Pokemon fairly. Mewtwo and Lucario being the humaniods, and Victini repping those Mew-like legends.

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Magnus, Lip, Little Mac, Isaac, Stary, Saki, Ray, Kanan, Shulk

Third Party Characters: Sonic, Snake, Megaman X

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
2. JavaCroc 91%

Upper Tier Roster Makers
3. Oasis 83%
4. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
5. Berserker 77%
6. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
7. Swayne 62%

Undetermined Roster Maker
8. Iblis

As you can see, competition draws me to anything.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Get this: Genesect is a Bounty Hunter from throusands of years ago. Team Plasma revived him, and made him a Bug-Steel type by adding armor and that cannon on his back. No offense mewtwo lovers: Genesect is better, because of one straight fact...
LAZER POWER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom