• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Roster Designer: Ibilis
Let’s do this.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Toad, Yoshi

- Okay, Toad. This addition is a 100% no complaints. I don’t think Mario is in dire needs of a newcomer, however it is big enough to hold another. I also believe Toad, along with Bowser Jr. are the final pieces to the core Mario title puzzle in Smash. I also think Paper Mario or Geno are along with Doc are the absolute final pieces for both the puzzle and rpg Genre. ANYWAYS, no Wario/Yoshi? Fine. 5/5

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

- You added the right characters. You completed a franchise, which is something we should all aim for when making rosters. Trying to at least complete one or two franchises so that next installement can focus more on the Smaller franchises. So yeah, 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda (Now with a Down B that doesn't change her into Sheik), Ganondorf, Toon Link, Sheik (now with a Down B)

- I actually think this an interesting choice, that honestly… I don’t mind. I don’t think you’re going to lose any points for this decision either. You made the series feel fresh in some ways, without going overboard on an already completed series. 5/5

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

- Damn Right. 5/5

Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Roy (with updated moveset)

- Perfect. No Chrome to be found….yet. 5/5

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- Here is where I’m going to have to disagree. While I understand your reasoning behind keeping Lucario, if it means losing Jugglypuff, he simply isn’t worth it. Jiggs is a staple, and no matter how hard anyone tries to fight that, it’s just how it is. Choosing Mewtwo and Victini was perfectly fine though. 3/5

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- Perfect. I never know what to do with Mother. So 10/10

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal

- Goroh is a yes yes. Krystal is….a good choice. You’ve completed the StarFox series, and adding her didn’t take away from any other franchises. Adding her didn’t take away Ridley/Goroh or something like that, so it was a safe move in your roster. 10/10

Smaller Franchises:
IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Magnus, Lip, Little Mac, Isaac, Stary, Saki, Ray, Kanan, Shulk

- I’m taking it Lip is your retro right? Well, you have two of the three “International” stereotypical characters. (Takamaru is a JP character, Little Mac is a US, and Isaac is international) Basically, you did well, expect for Magnus… he’s just…not the best choice. 9/10

Third Party Characters: Sonic, Snake, Megaman X

- I got nothing against X, so 5/5.

OVERALL APPEARENCE: I sense that this may have been made just to top my tier list, which is fine I suppose. I just prefer looking at genuine rosters. Anyways, good roster all around. I didn't have many complaints outside of Jiggs and Magnus. Other than them, you did well.

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. Iblis 95%
2. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
3. JavaCroc 91%

Upper Tier Roster Makers
3. Oasis 83%
4. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
5. Berserker 77%
6. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
7. Swayne 62%

Also, Asage and Luco, your roster will be judged later tonight, so no worries.
hey would you mind doing my roster? i posted it a few pages back but i can post it again or pm you

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis again- Shadow and Magnus, huh? That's epic.

You got dem women on deck :pimp:

Just give me Mewtwo, Knuckles, Viewtiful Joe and K. Rool and it'll be all good!

And yep, Omega, we do fo 'sho

Now we got our motto out of the way... what about the name?

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I just watched the first 50+ minutes of Pokemon Black, btw. Omg... this'll be awesome!
You mean the newest movie featuring Victini?

BTW, asage94, I've noticed one thing that's changed in me because of you: you're weird devotion to Pokemon is suddenly inspiring both nostalgic feelings of the Pokemon series I haven't felt in a while and perhaps a revival of interest in Pokemon. If I had a DS now, I suddenly would want to play something Pokemon.

So somehow you've managed to make me interested in Pokemon again. Way to go. :cool:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis again- Shadow and Magnus, huh? That's epic.

You got dem women on deck :pimp:

Just give me Mewtwo, Knuckles, Viewtiful Joe and K. Rool and it'll be all good!

And yep, Omega, we do fo 'sho

Now we got our motto out of the way... what about the name?

Shadow Dreamers should be the name.

We got this.
If you want to a look at my girl I have two pics of her in the social thread of the BR

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
[COLLAPSE="Roster"]Mario
Luigi*
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Yoshi

Wario

Donkey Kong
K.Rool
Diddy Kong*

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*
Young Link*
Tingle

Kirby
D3
Meta Knight*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Samus/ZSS
Ridley*

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo*

Marth
Ike*
Chrome*

Captain Falcon*

Ness
Lucas*

Starfy

Issac

Little Mac

Saki*

Shulk*

Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Game and Watch*
Lip*

Pit
Medusa*

Snake*
Sonic*
Phoenix Wright*[/COLLAPSE]

Rate it please I might have forgot someone.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You mean the newest movie featuring Victini?

BTW, asage94, I've noticed one thing that's changed in me because of you: you're weird devotion to Pokemon is suddenly inspiring both nostalgic feelings of the Pokemon series I haven't felt in a while and perhaps a revival of interest in Pokemon. If I had a DS now, I suddenly would want to play something Pokemon.

So somehow you've managed to make me interested in Pokemon again. Way to go. :cool:
Yes, the new movie. Japanese, but I don't think link-sharing smart (The guy might get sued for posting it).
Also you just made me very happy :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kind of tempted to get a DBZ avatar... anyway what do you guys think of R.O.B will he stay or leave?

Me too, although I'm quite happy with mine right now. Although if I had to choose, either Piccolo, Nappa, or Majin Buu (fat). :awesome:

As for R.O.B., I don't see him leaving. He's a great retro character, a major part of Nintendo's history, and has a major cult following. Now if only I can find a good priced one on ebay or amazon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
[COLLAPSE="Roster"]Mario
Luigi*
Bowser
Peach
Toad

Yoshi

Wario

Donkey Kong
K.Rool
Diddy Kong*

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*
Young Link*
Tingle

Kirby
D3
Meta Knight*

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Samus/ZSS
Ridley*

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Zoroark
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo*

Marth
Ike*
Chrome*

Captain Falcon*

Ness
Lucas*

Starfy

Issac

Little Mac

Saki*

Shulk*

Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Game and Watch*
Lip*

Pit
Medusa*

Snake*
Sonic*
Phoenix Wright*[/COLLAPSE]

Rate it please I might have forgot someone.
Other than MegaMan instead of Wright, and perhaps a 3rd Gen rep. I'd say, perfect. Also, good choices for Hidden characters. It's nice to have one from each series hidden. Also, I think the original character shouldn't be unlocked.(as in, Ness should be the starter, and Lucas should not) Also, why no F-Zero extra?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Oh wow I forgot about an Fzero rep... I'm kind of meh on that one I don't think Fzero will get a new rep if a new game comes out I'll think about it.

Anyway this avatar is only temporary

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Yup alright well I'm going to log off for now I have to go to school tomorrow so I should go to bed now :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Only if he stayed like that in main timeline...
Ugh, I was so disappointed with Gohan after the Cell Games...

They had to chance to make him so badass like his alternate timeline self yet they chose to make him a bookworm :facepalm:

But, yeah, since you're Vegeta and Omega's Trunks, then who am I? Tarble? :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is my SSB4 roster.

Marioverse
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario (includes Wario Land alternate costume)

My choice to add only Toad is to complete the Mario Big Eight. They are the eight classic Mario characters who appear in the most spin-off games since the N64 era. Toad is also relevant because of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Mii. Not only that but Paper Mario 3DS features a new Toad partner (a first for the series) and Toad was the only Mario newcomer to be added in Mario Sports Mix. All of these characters have been playable in main games and/or RPG games and they are not limited to be playable only in spin-off games like Bowser Jr., Daisy, and Waluigi are.

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
King K. Rool (includes Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume)

My choice to add both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool is to complete the series. Both were major players in the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy during the SNES era. Donkey Kong Country 2 is often said to be the best game in the trilogy... which is emphasized by the inclusion of the Kong team and the Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume.

Zeldaverse
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Tingle

My first controversial choice but Tingle is the only Zelda character to get his own spin-off series. Tingle can do so much more than Balloon Fighter or Alice, which is another reason why there are no Balloon Fight characters in this roster. Ghirahim is just another character in a long line of one-time Zelda characters like Midna, Zant, Skull Kid, etc. Sheik is the sole exception mainly because she IS Zelda and she is part of Zelda's moveset. As for Ganondorf and Toon Link, they should be decloned a bit. Ganondorf should be more like his Melee self but with a magic-based moveset from OOT and Ganon should be based on OOT instead of TP. Toon Link should at least get Fire & Ice Arrows and be able to parachute with the Deku Leaf after doing a Sword Spin and he should have a new Final Smash where he splits into four Toon Links.

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Meowth
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Pokemon Trainer - Snivy, Pignite, Samurott (Hilbert is the default trainer but Hilda is included as well)

This is likely the most controversial part of the whole roster, due to the complete revamp of the Pokemon roster, including the removal of Jigglypuff. This is done so to keep the Pokemon roster from becoming stagnant with the same Pokemon and never getting a new Pokemon except the flavor of the month Pokemon. This series has over 600 Pokemon and we are being forced to stick with the same six Pokemon (all 1st gen playable characters from Melee/Brawl) with only one new flavor of the month Pokemon every Smash game? That's not what I want for the Pokemon series as this is not a static series like Mario or Kirby. As for my choices... Meowth is partly bias on my part but it's also one of the more famous/important Pokemon of all time (Sakurai acknowledged this on the Dojo and in Meowth's Brawl trophy) and it's sorta a retro Pokemon newcomer. Mewtwo returns due to popular fan demand. Zoroark replaces Lucario as it is the mascot of the 5th gen games just like Lucario was the mascot of the 4th gen games. The 5th gen trainer replaces the 1st gen trainer because the 5th gen games are relevant and popular, too. I picked Snivy because it is Smugleaf. I picked Samurott because a quadrupedal sword-fighter just sounds so awesome and unique. Pignite gets in by default.

Kirby series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

This is it. No more characters for this series.

Star Fox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Just the major players from Star Fox 64 3D. No more characters for this series, too. Krystal isn't relevant anymore and the only things she had going for her was her staff and her gender/sex appeal but this is taken care of by Palutena and Medusa - who are more relevant anyway. Besides Sakurai didn't even know Krystal existed, let alone Star Fox Adventures, when he finalized his Brawl roster... what does that say about Star Fox Adventures in Japan? If a video game developer in Japan doesn't acknowledge the existence of a Nintendo game when he is making a Nintendo crossover game, that's pretty bad. And she's not in Star Fox 64 3D so of course, that game will once again get all the attention from Sakurai. I can only hope that Sakurai does not add a fourth Star Fox character like Slippy Toad just to continue the trend where he adds one Star Fox newcomer in every Smash game. By the way, just declone Falco and Wolf a bit more.

Kid Icarus series
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

This is another controversial choice. Why should Kid Icarus get three slots when it only had three games? This is most based on what I think Sakurai thinks about the series and his history on adding characters in the past games. Star Fox had two games at the time Melee came out and it had two characters. Mother had three games at the time Brawl came out and it had two characters. Kid Icarus isn't any different as Sakurai is likely biased toward this series because of Uprising. And besides, adding both goddesses will complete the Kid Icarus series.

Metroid series
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Ridley is one of the most-wanted characters. Do I need to elaborate more? Oh, yeah... and Ridley will most likely have his Other M appearance. :troll:

Mother series
Ness
Lucas

This series is dormant so it doesn't need any more characters. Just declone the boys to make them a bit more different from each other.

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Chrome

This is it. I am just continuing the trend where Marth stays and the flavor of the month Lord changes every game. It's been nice knowing you, Ike!

Veteran Franchises
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
R.O.B.

The miscellaneous veterans. Nothing special. F-Zero does not get a second character because it is a dormant series and both Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow have faux support. Samurai Goroh because people just want a second F-Zero slot and Black Shadow because people want to declone Ganondorf but keep his moveset, too!

Newcomer Franchises
Mii
Little Mac (includes pink hoodie alternate costume)
Takamaru
Matthew (includes Isaac alternate costume)
Isa (includes Saki alternate costume)
Starfy
Duck Hunt Dog :troll:

Here, I added the Assist Trophies: Little Mac, Matthew (in Isaac's place), Isa (in Saki's place), and Starfy. Why these four newcomers? Because of Punch-Out!! (Wii), Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and The Legendary Starfy (DS). Mii is your standard custom character. Takamaru is a popular retro newcomer in Japan while Duck Hunt Dog is the new troll character who is blamed for taking the spot of your favorite character like R.O.B. was in Brawl. Obviously the controversy lies in the inclusion of Matthew, Isa, and Duck Hunt Dog but that's raging nerds for you.

Third Party Franchises
Sonic
Mega Man
Slime

Sonic and Mega Man are some of the most-wanted third-party characters. Slime gets in due to Nintendo and Square Enix working together to popularize Dragon Quest in the West. Nerds rage against Slime for stealing Snake's slot while giving Mega Man a free pass.

There you have it. 50 character slots and 55 playable characters, including Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Dixie Kong, and the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, with some biased choices.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ugh... :facepalm:
I don't wanna go to school tomorrow... I've been on Fall Break, and I want to preserve that, so I'm thinking, "Screw it! I'm gonna go to Smashboards!"
But now I realize that no matter what I do, I still have to go to school tomorrow...
Ugh... Next time you see a reply from me, it'll be after 3 o'clock... Maybe with a new avi... Dunno. Whatever. See you guys later, I guess... Ugh...

army man

Smash Ace
Ugh... :facepalm:
I don't wanna go to school tomorrow... I've been on Fall Break, and I want to preserve that, so I'm thinking, "Screw it! I'm gonna go to Smashboards!"
But now I realize that no matter what I do, I still have to go to school tomorrow...
Ugh... Next time you see a reply from me, it'll be after 3 o'clock... Maybe with a new avi... Dunno. Whatever. See you guys later, I guess... Ugh...

i was on fall break too. but even i have school i still stay up to 10 or after. probably because i have no life :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright, time for my roster:

Mario Series(5)-
-Mario
-Luigi(Hidden)
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.(Hidden)

Donkey Kong Series(3)-
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool(Hidden)

Legend of Zelda Series(6)-
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Young Link(Hidden)
-Toon Ganondorf(Hidden, new moveset with Magic and Twin Swords)
-Vaati(Hidden)

F-Zero Series(2)-
-Captain Falcon
-B. Shadow(Hidden, uses the clone moveset)

Metroid Series(3)-
-Samus/Zero Suit Samus
-Ridley(Hidden)

Mother Series(2)-
-Ness
-Lucas(Hidden, new moveset)

Pokemon Series(5, technically 8)-
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer(Gen 3)
-Mewtwo(Hidden)
-Genesect(Hidden)

Fire Emblem Series(4)-
-Marth
-Ike
-Roy(Hidden, new moveset)
-Hector(Hidden)

Kirby Series(3)-
-Kirby
-King DeDeDe
-Meta Knight(Hidden)

Star Fox Series(4)-
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf(Hidden)
-Krystal(Hidden)

Kid Icarus Series(2)-
-Pit
-Medusa(Hidden)

Wario Series(2, technically 3)-
-Wario(With a moveset 90% based upon Wario Land, no farting)
-Kat and Ana(Hidden)

Yoshi Series(2)-
-Yoshi
-Kamek(Hidden)

Retro Series(3, technically 4)-
-Ice Climbers
-R.O.B.
-Mr. Game & Watch(Hidden)

Pikmin Series(1, arguably up to 6)-
-Captain Olimar

Golden Sun(1)
-Isaac

Third Party Series(4)-
-Sonic
-Solid Snake(Hidden)
-MegaMan
-Brian(Hidden)

Overall: 16 newcomers. 47 total spots on the Select Screen. 52 overall(discounting extra Pikmin, and 51 if Ice Climbers are treated as one overall character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom