• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Does he have an account here? If so, what's his name? And he sure does seem to dislike Lucario.
He does, but I forget his name. I asked the guy on GameFAQs if that is who he was. Said user mysteriously disappeared a long time ago. Other peeps know his username.
I wasn't referring to obvious content like Trophies or Stickers. I meant gameplay things. Assist Trophies, Items, Pokeballs, Stages. None of these are too obvious to me.
Assist Trophies may or may not be that predictable this time around. After all, who saw the Infantry and Tanks from Advance Wars being one=???
Somewhere on TVTropes. One of them said that if you paused, you could see something similar to it. I forgot where. I think they might have been joshing us though.
Yeah take it as a grain of salt. It may have just been a Brawl custom stage, or a joke/cameo area in Kid Icarus: Uprising. If there is video evidence to prove what they did, though...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Assist Trophies may or may not be that predictable this time around. After all, who saw the Infantry and Tanks from Advance Wars being one=???
I did. I knew of the franchise, and saw them getting a mention, like many other series.

Yeah take it as a grain of salt. It may have just been a Brawl custom stage, or a joke/cameo area in Kid Icarus: Uprising. If there is video evidence to prove what they did, though...
No, it was on the official trailer that somebody thought they saw Bowser's Castle when Smash was mentioned. Just to clarify. I doubt it was a custom stage, and perhaps it was part of the regular game anyway. The castle areas aren't that different from Mario's anyway.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
I'm pretty sure their name wasn't that. I think it was something like 'Lucario overrated.' I can't find said thread because I would need to manually find it because all the pre-release Brawl threads have been archived. I am not putting in that work to find a troll thread! :laugh:

@ Hyper
It probably was a Bowser Castle-esk Castle from Kid Icarus: Uprising. Those type of castles are common in a lot of video games without guns, and magic powers/sword battles.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah, makes sense.

To be fair, we called the user out on it, and they never ever responded with a picture.

I actually don't believe it. Fun rumor though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Michael Jackson should be in Smash. He's been in tons of video games

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ah, makes sense.

To be fair, we called the user out on it, and they never ever responded with a picture.

I actually don't believe it. Fun rumor though.
Yeah it is a rather silly rumor. Silly people and their silly rumors about a game that hasn't even begun development... :glare:
Cloud is going to be in smash 4 since they let ike in
Sora, Riku, Kyrie, Micke Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto the dog, Squall, and all of Organization XIII is totally gonna be playable! zOMG! HYPE!!!
Michael Jackson should be in Smash. He's been in tons of video games
Because parents totally would rather have Michael Jackson save their kids from "kidnappers." RIGGGHHTTTTTTT... trust a zombie child molester... :awesome:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'll try that 100-character roster challenge
I'll try it later.

Am I the ONLY one who would have rather seen this?

Link (I'm going to say, Midna w/ Wolf Link, or NO WOLF LINK)
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf (FS Ganon)
Midna

Here's the pic if it doesn't end up showing up
Although in hindsight I would miss Toon Link a bit, I would have liked to see Midna in Brawl too if she had to take TL's spot.

Anyways, here's a little idea for SSB4's intro, based on unused Melee beta content. In Melee's debug sound test, one can find a sound file labeled "famidemo". The music begins with several Famicon game sound effects and a harp before changing into the first part of Melee's "How to Play" video music.

How about an SSB4 intro that begins with sound effects from various old Nintendo games and footage of these games in action, and then progresses to show a visual and audio history of Nintendo until it ends on climatic footage of SSB4 gameplay? Then a normal SSB-fitting intro would follow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure if he paid them, the parents would let michael jackson "Save" them from whatever he wants

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Johnknight1: Hey, it was fun to speculate though.

@Shortie: I'd rather see Tingle than Midna. I do not like one-offs at all.(unless they only had one game series, but when it comes to multiple games...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, in an attempt to get this thread back to a non-troll topic, I just want to know. By personal preference or by likelihood, rate the following retros from greatest to least.

Alice
Balloon Fighter
Diskun
Duck Hunt Dog
Lip
Mach Rider
Muddy Mole
Sheriff
Sukapon
Takamaru

BTW, this list is an alphabetical version of the list from SSBF's poll list.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sukapon and Balloon fighter are the only ones on that list I'd like

yani_

Smash Ace
Well, in an attempt to get this thread back to a non-troll topic, I just want to know. By personal preference or by likelihood, rate the following retros from greatest to least.

Alice
Balloon Fighter
Diskun
Duck Hunt Dog
Lip
Mach Rider
Muddy Mole
Sheriff
Sukapon
Takamaru

Takamaru
Sukapon
Balloon Fighter
Muddy Mole
Lip
Sheriff
Alice
Diskun
Mach Rider

~A pile of horse poop~

Duck Hunt Dog

My personal preference.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Alice, Balloon Fighter, Diskun, Duck Hunt Dog, Lip, Mach Rider, Muddy Mole, Sheriff, Sukapon, and Takamaru.
1. The Balloon Fighter
2. Sukapon
3. Takamaru
4. the Mach Rider
5.Muddy Mole
6.Lip
7. Sheriff (for the random Melee trophy and arcade game reference lulz)
~Link's Uncle from a Link to the Past~
8. Alice
~Error from Zelda II~
9. Diskun
~Waluigi's man thong~
-9,0001 (10.) The Duck Hunt Dog
Edit: Somebody post something!!!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On a sidenote, I am liking how some of the content from the Kirby GCN 2005 trailer is still in the final game (Return to Dream Land), namely the music that played during that trailer and the King Dedede robot.
Funny, I haven't seen it. Where is it?

Why do people continue to look for and believe in "patterns?" There have only been two sequels, how can anyone conjure any patterns from only two sequels? Granted, there is a small amount of evidence that resembles patterns, but not as much as everyone seems to think. It's like people believe that character selection has specific guidelines that must be followed, and if something happened/didn't happen last time around, then it is guaranteed to happen/will never happen in the future.

Can you find a pattern in these sequences?:
1, 10, ___
2, 4, ___
Melee, Brawl, ___

No, you can't.

I'm confident that character selection is a much more chaotic process than everyone seems to think. Especially over time between two games, and time has a way of changing things. I'm not saying that character selection is totally random, but it isn't a fixed process either. So people... enough with the patterns.
Well said.

My strategy is look for good characters. Look at the ones people like or are important and relevant in their own right. But even still, Sakurai will always throw a curve ball. I made a roster trying to be right but even that will be wrong. Sakurai will likely throw out characters I never thought would happen.

I don't think the key is looking at patterns. It's thinking ahead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just something cool. Here is Ghirahim hack in Brawl

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There are some "patterns." The most desired character for each smash bros. game made it (Bowser in Melee, Sonic in Brawl). There is at least 2 "random" characters per game, and at least 2 "retro" characters in each game since at least Melee (note: characters can be considered both "random" and "retro").

Cracking down those patterns is harder than it seems. Look at the "retro" characters.

Who is the most popular and desired potential newcomer for Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS=???
-Currently either Mega Man or Ridley. That can change in the future.

Who would make a good "random" newcomer character or "retro" character that follows in the style of past "random" or "retro" characters?
-Something unlike current randoms. That means probably no psychic boys (although we've gotten two!), :laugh: nipple suit wearing hunk of man, duos in which you can only control one of them, a character who hasn't appeared in a game yet (like Roy), a black 2D blob, an angel, a trainer who has slave creatures, :chuckle: or a largely unknown robot who we all thought was a common enemy.

That could mean anything. However, all retro characters without a modern title that are playable in smash starred in at least one game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Number of Characters per game:

SSB64: 12 (original, 4 Unlockable)
SSBM: 26 (14 Difference, 11 Unlockable)
SSBB: 35 (9 Difference, 14 Unlockable)
~~~~~~
Number of Stages per game:

SSB64: 9 (Original, 1 Unlockable)
SSBM: 29 (20 Difference, 11 Unlockable)
SSBB: 41 (12 Difference, 12 Unlockable)

Here is my Milk. Now I will do my laundry.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why does the black person have to be Samuel L. Jackson=???

Besides, black is a color, not a race, people group, nationality, or tribe. Same goes with white. >.>

Although orange is a race, people group, nationality, and tribe, and it is an evil one! DIE KARDASHIANS DIE!!!

Edit: The next smash bros. special features and non-regular multiplayer mode need to not totally suck balls or be just a (worse) than the exact same thing in Melee.

Seriously, Melee for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why does the black person have to be Samuel L. Jackson=???

Besides, black is a color, not a race, people group, nationality, or tribe. Same goes with white. >.>

Although orange is a race, people group, nationality, and tribe, and it is an evil one! DIE KARDASHIANS DIE!!!
Did I miss something? :awesome:
No black person will make it in until the 5th series of Smash comes out. (Pokemon Reference)

Da Spoon. :p

SPOONY BARD
Ohhh very interesting my man. I wish we had the hacking knowledge to put it into a gct. file and upload unto brawl. So it look like it was action.

We could get this to happen so we could get a better insight but we need a team of hackers or a very dedicate hacker.

Yes a nerf or a general buff on the whole cast.

I try. Lol

This or a general nerf on the whole cast.

EDIT: Oh look my rival is here, too bad I'll be gone in a little.
What about my revamps? D:
Samuel L. Jackson
Mace Windu

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So if we're talking about race...
...is Link and Toon Link Australian automatically because they have boomerangs=???

-Are Ike and Marth from Neptune=??? (they have friggen blue hair!)
-What continent is Bowser (a demon turtle) from=???
-Where the heck is Sonic from=??? (I vote he was in a zoo and made fast in Chemical Plant Zone... but what continent was his zoo on and Chemical Plant Zone are located=???).

Zelda in the WW commercial sounds like British

Now I will post this again:

ANYWAY, I've thought of something

(Facing right)

[collapse=Mario]
Neutral B : Fireball

Can be shot 3 times in a row. Has more bouncy physics and it travels faster

Forward B : Cape

Slaps with the cape (8%) then glides with it. Click A to kick while gliding. You can use Mario's neutral B and down B while gliding. Clicking forward B will make Mario remove his cape. Clicking Up B will make the cape disappear and make Mario do his super jump punch recovery

Down B : Star spin

1 hit spin that deals 16% damage

Up B : Super jump punch

The same except it goes up higher

CHANGES IN NORMALS

D-air : Stomp

Mario enters a state. It can be cancelled into another aerial. If an enemy goes in contact with Mario, Mario will jump on the enemy. Something like footstool. Deals 13% damage.[/collapse]
[collapse=Wario]

Neutral B : Earthshake punch

At the start up time, you can aim the punch. Without aiming it, Wario will automatically punch the ground. It deals 18% damage default. It can deal a maximum of 35% damage.

Forward B : Shoulder charge

Wario charges with his shoulder dealing 11% damage. He can follow up a shoulder charge to another one 3 times. Aiming the analog at the #3 direction makes Wario shoulder charge upward on ground. In air, it makes him charge downward. This move has superarmor.

Downward B : Wario's car

Like Wario's bike except the health is higher

Upward B : Wario Waft

UM[/collapse]
[collapse=Zero Suit Samus]
Neutral B : Paralyzer

In air, she aims at a #3 direction

Forward B : Arrow kick

If this goes in contact with an enemy, Samus jumps off. You can follow up a d-air after this.

Normals

Forward smash : Cartwheel kick

13 - 20% damage. Weak knockback.

Upward smash : Spin kick

Remember her u-tilt? It's just that it deals 11 - 18% damage and it has really weak knockback

Upward tilt : Flip kick

Has set knockback. Usually, the enemy is in front of you so you can follow up an air attack

Down air : Dive kick

Has faster start up and lagless ending.[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby]
Neutral B : Inhale

Has quicker start up and ending which makes it safe in the middle of combos. Kirby can do super inhale by moving the analog backward by holding b. Kirby has super armor (15% damage) and the inhale sucks enemies that are 3 or maybe 5 stage builder blocks away

Forward B : Mirror

Kirby mirrors himself. This deals only 6% damage. The duration is fast overall. Not holding B will make Kirby's mirror projection disappear and Kirby will remain in place. Holding B will make the Kirby who projected the mirror image disappear. The mirror image becomes the REAL Kirby that you control.

Normals:

Neutral aerial : Spikes

Kirby does the same n-air animation except he's covered with spikes. This deals 3% per hit.[/collapse]
[collapse=Luigi]
Neutral B : Lightning ball

Deals 7% damage. Pretty much like his fireball in brawl except it has a smaller hit box and it travels faster and longer

Forward B : Poltergust

Sucks up an enemy and spits them out dealing 10% damage. When the enemy is inside the poltergust, you can aim the direction of where the Poltergust will spit using X(X stands for any direction) + B.

Downward B : Cowardly run

Luigi runs backward away from the enemy. He's as fast as CAPTAIN FALCON while running away. He can dodge quickly if you click L or R. Click any button except for L and R to stop.[/collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Isn't Zelda.... European?
Maybe. I think so, at least. I mean the whole Zelda franchise seems very... European.
This sounds racist in a way... -_-
We're talking about said characters' racial origins. This isn't racist. Rather, it is a study of their racial origins. If this is anything, it is history! :grin:
Zelda in the WW commercial sounds like British
Yeah, but you forgot one thing: That Wind Waker trailer is CRAP! :laugh: The main theme of the Wind Waker is definitely Irish. Most of the songs, settings, and culture was inspired by Ireland and Irish culture. ;) Twilight Princess was inspired by Eastern Europe.
@Johnknight- Sonic is an African pygmy hedgehog, so maybe he's from Africa?
Well then yes, he is African. But what country does he live in, America=???

On a random side note, is Mario an Italian-American or just an Italian=??? (granted, there aren't monarchies in either nation)

Someone comment regarding the revamps? D: I need feedback so I can edit it.

Anyway regarding Luigi, his down B basically is a tool for running away. Luigi's attacks don't have much hitsun. I think he might be a mix up type except his attacks do more damage overall than Mario's.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well said.

My strategy is look for good characters. Look at the ones people like or are important and relevant in their own right. But even still, Sakurai will always throw a curve ball. I made a roster trying to be right but even that will be wrong. Sakurai will likely throw out characters I never thought would happen.

I don't think the key is looking at patterns. It's thinking ahead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just something cool. Here is Ghirahim hack in Brawl

Wow, that was fast. Surprisingly he looks pretty sharp as a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom