• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are non-factors, IMO.

Zoroark OR Victini are much better representatives of Gen V.
I read the bold, and milk came out of my nose. LOL

Either way, any one of those 5 PKMN are very well voted for. As for Meloetta? Idk why everyone is voting for her. But that's just me.

Darkrai and Manaphy rank with Meloetta. Manaphy nvr fought, and Darkrai didn't have the greatest movie of all time, compared to Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. In otherwords, not that popular.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why is a hippie drinking milk? Aren't you harming enough cows already what with your sausage intake.

@Star: You're Pinkie, btw. You don't care.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Darkrai and Manaphy rank with Meloetta. Manaphy nvr fought, and Darkrai didn't have the greatest movie of all time, compared to Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
Lucario had the best Pokemon movie so far IMO.
I always tear up at the end when he dies.
:c

But I do agree with Oasis, that's not to say though that they don't have a shot.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why is a hippie drinking milk? Aren't you harming enough cows already what with your sausage intake.
Mad, are we? :laugh:
I'm not bothered by the sausage thing nemore. I'm losing weight, now. But my name is asage, just to clarify for u, bud :) Also, do you even know what a hippie is? I see you throw that around every now and then, and it's in the wrong context...

@--- I mean they have a shot. They all have "a Shot" because no one has been determined yet by Sakurai. So yeah, I agree with you.

@Kantrip The joke gets old.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sausages can come from a variety of different animals.

Asage, saying that Meloetta or Genesect or KELDEO will make it in is ridiculous. I don't care that I'm not Sakurai, you can't take a group of unlikely variables and call them likely with the reasoning of "we're not Sakurai so anything is possible".

Simply put, Keldo is NOT a contender for a Pokémon slot.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sausages can come from a variety of different animals.

Asage, saying that Meloetta or Genesect or KELDEO will make it in is ridiculous. I don't care that I'm not Sakurai, you can't take a group of unlikely variables and call them likely with the reasoning of "we're not Sakurai so anything is possible".

Simply put, Keldo is NOT a contender for a Pokémon slot.
Neither is alot of characters that's wanting to be playable... Like Mewtwo, at present time. No one knows much about the 3 Mirage PKMN yet (Meloetta, Genesect, and Keldeo), so we can't judge the covers of their books. What's your reason for not having them on Sm4sh? I have a few, like how they haven't had a movie title or event yet, but let's hear YOUR reason...

I still vote for Victini, but I'll be watching these 3's progress. Like I said, They all have "a Shot" because no one has been determined yet by Sakurai.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Are we seriously talking about sausages here? As far as the Pokémon discussion is concerned I want to present this to everyone.

Zoroark (20 votes [57.14%] - View)
Victini (6 votes [17.14%] - View)
Genesect (8 votes [22.86%] - View)
Meloetta (1 votes [2.86%] - View)
Keldeo (0 votes [0.00%])

There results come from a poll over at Nsider2. It is still garnering votes, so it is still active. Make of it what you will.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Dry Bones, Waluigi, E. Gadd, Rosalina, Shadow Mario, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, Tingle, Pinkie Pie, and Chicken McNuggets all have a chance too because nothing has been said by Sakurai.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sausages?
I ate one for dinner last night from our cafeteria. I got sick. :p

Hippies? My Dad was a hippie. He even went to Woodstock! :cool:

Pokemon debate? I'll wait for SSBF or Iblis to come and knock some sense back into this discussion.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dry Bones, Waluigi, E. Gadd, Rosalina, Shadow Mario, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, Tingle, Pinkie Pie, and Chicken McNuggets all have a chance too because nothing has been said by Sakurai.
Exactly. Ever since I left, my thoughts on how Character appearences work has changed, if you haven't noticed ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Tingle is legit, yo.

It's too bad we have to write an essay sometimes against awful choices like Waluigi and Shy Guy.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Therefore, you agree that the 3 Mirage PKMN have a chance. So u just knocked ur arguement down to the water.

Quest completed.
What? What are you even saying anymore?

That sentence was a complete sarcastic hyperbolic joke meant so show how ridiculous your philosophy is. The fact that you agreed with it means it wasn't hyperbolic after all, and your view on character inclusion truly is ridiculous.

I hold to what I said: The "Mirage Pokémon" are not in contest for a slot. Maybe as pokéball pokémon, because they are pretty cool; but playable? No.

And I'm not going to waste my time outlining reasoning when the majority is already on the same consensus and you seem to be in the Dream World somewhere.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What? What are you even saying anymore?

That sentence was a complete sarcastic hyperbolic joke meant so show how ridiculous your philosophy is. The fact that you agreed with it means it wasn't hyperbolic after all, and your view on character inclusion truly is ridiculous.

I hold to what I said: The "Mirage Pokémon" are not in contest for a slot. Maybe as pokéball pokémon, because they are pretty cool; but playable? No.
The bold... :facepalm: U just said it again! You're hopeless.

Also, I did not ever say I was 100% sure they will get in as characters. I too agree at present time that they should be Pokeballs. Obviously, some won't get in, but have CHANCES. Be it 1% or 100%. Read and understand b4 u try to get at me about Pokemon :glare:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Anyways, I just got a call saying that my xbox is fixed (That was quick O_o). SO forget about the Keldeo moveset (No one cares? Good, neither do I :laugh:) Once again, Skyrim calls my name. Cya'll l8r.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm hopeless?

Okay, I can live with that.

Having a 1% chance is akin to not being in contest for it, so sure. Keldeo has a 0.000000001% chance to be in. But a chance nevertheless. You were right, I was wrong, oh great one.

/sarcasm

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Don't forget the GameFAQs poll as well, which as the votes bias towards Victini.

However, the truth is that Zoroark is still the most requested 5th gen Pokemon to be playable and unless there is drastic change, will remain as such with the only exceptions being the active members of this thread and GameFAQs. Whenever we like it or not.

For the recent Pokemon debate, if the news is true, then Genesect and Meloetta will never be in SSB4. They technically won't be relevant in time for SSB4 and I don't see then using an unrevealed Pokemon as the 5th gen rep. Heck, we can't even guarantee a 5th gen rep in the first place since the game will be released near the start of the 6th gen and put us in a Roy-like situation. Keldeo technically has a chance due to being eligible, but that and a movie is all he will really have going for him. Zoroark, Victini, and Mewtwo (so far) are the only realistic Pokemon rep and we all know that not all three are getting in.

To change from speculation, would anyone want Illusion Forest in as a music?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
6th Gen rep: Lucario 3.0

That is going to be pretty awkward though. Sm4sh will probably be released at the dawn of the 6th gen, but the roster would surely be finalized before they had a 6th gen Pokemon to lend to it? That's next year, probably.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
6th Gen rep: Lucario 3.0

That is going to be pretty awkward though. Sm4sh will probably be released at the dawn of the 6th gen, but the roster would surely be finalized before they had a 6th gen Pokemon to lend to it? That's next year, probably.
Not necessarily. I've noticed a pattern with Pokémon right now. It's one Gen, then remake, then new Gen.

For example, Hoenn came out, then came Firered and LeafGreen came out. Sinnoh came out, and then came Heartgold and Soulsilver. So before 6th, we'll probably see a 3rd Gen remake.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Music from Lostlorn Forest (American Name of Illusion Forest)? I'd like that... My favorite musics are below, from 1st gen to 5th:

1st Gen.:
VS Gym Leader
VS Gary
VS Champion (Why was this NOT in Brawl -_-)
~
2nd Gen.:
VS Johto Wild PKMN
VS Gym Leader
Dragon Cave BGM

3rd Gen.:
VS Champion
VS Rayquaza
VS Deoxys

4th Gen.:
Melody of Cynthia/ VS Cynthia remix
VS The three Lake Pokemon

5th Gen.:
VS N Final
VS Reshiram/Zekrom
VS Alder/Battle Subway Bosses
VS Legendaries (Victini)

These are my MOST favorite.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think that Meloetta and Keldeo are very unlikely. However, I would say that Genesect has a definite chance. His existence will likely be acknowledged by nintendo shortly before SSB4. He could have a cool moveset too.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Puff! Now it's a party. What's good man? :grin:

I was just thinking maybe they would show a trophy falling through space until you pressed something (the trophy would shatter if you pressed "No", the trophy would fall upright and materialize if you pressed "Yes")
That sounds pretty cool. Tho when you said game over I thought you meant a game over screen xD

As about pkmn being in the next smash ,it really depends on what events and movies Nintendo releases.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Even in Sonic 2 he was ridiculously fast. Again, just make Sonic twice as fast as Captain Falcon in Melee, regardless of physics or game speed.
Yeah, sorry, that's a bad idea by default. That's too fast, and you'll SD all the time. Seriously, man.

I faced the top ranked SoCal MKs, and all of them camp like hell. I realized that I could easily out tech them, and probably out mind game them at a technical game (Melee).
Sounds more like MK is the problem than camping in general.

Camping is for those who know their opponent is superior. Yet, it is a commonly used strategy because of lack of techniques. That's why Melee is a bigger than Brawl at nationals.
Making up claims here? No, it's a legit strategy that's a safe option that helps get you a win. That's the point of camping. In a game with high risk low reward, it's a smart option.

yani_

Smash Ace
Music from Lostlorn Forest (American Name of Illusion Forest)? I'd like that... My favorite musics are below, from 1st gen to 5th:

1st Gen.:
VS Gym Leader
VS Gary
VS Champion (Why was this NOT in Brawl -_-)
~
2nd Gen.:
VS Johto Wild PKMN
VS Gym Leader
Dragon Cave BGM

3rd Gen.:
VS Champion
VS Rayquaza
VS Deoxys

4th Gen.:
Melody of Cynthia/ VS Cynthia remix
VS The three Lake Pokemon