• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why are you so hellbent on finding new stuff to discuss, though? Why not just let the thread die on its own until we get some solid new info (which would really rejuvenate the thread), instead of constantly keeping the thread on life support with scraps of somewhat-related info?

Because like it or not, this thread is only gonna continue to be the exact same way for possibly as long as a few more months as long as all of us continue to post it

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You may want to stand back for this one Metal, runs kinda deep.

[COLLAPSE="Do you metal?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is true, although I didn't know that the Japanese liked N (what poll?).
It was a magazine poll. Not conslusive, but a good idea.

On roster: Brawl's roster wasn't revealed until the very end of development, and it was never as a whole. It was multiple leaks and everyone compiled it into one big roster, which happened to be right. This is fake more that it is far too soon and from one source. The game isn't even in development.

The rosters are interesting, but they always kill themselves by cramming too many third party characters in there.

D

Deleted member

1. All of these are just assumptions, they make sense but in the end, they still aren't facts. We don't actually know why Dixie, Roy and Mewtwo were cut, end of story

2. Pokemon is a flagship series of Nintendo, lol, I don't think you realize just how big Pokemon is in reality (it's the 2nd biggest VG series out there in terms of sales, only second to Mr. Video Game (Mario) himself, and Pikachu I'd say is pretty iconic since it was part of one of those Thanksgiving Day Parades alongside other well-known fictional characters)

3. Smash isn't that corporate, if Sakurai wants 6 Pokemon reps and 5 Mario reps, then he'll do it, the number of reps shouldn't really be judged by a series' popularity, anyway, except in extreme cases, maybe
1. They would be assumptions, had there not be hard evidence on Mewtwo and Roy being scrapped late in progression.
They are the only scrapped characters of the "Forbidden 7" to feature their own files for their own victory jingles, and Mewtwo supposedly has extra files that not even Roy has. Sakurai has also stated that there were a few characters he was not able to include due to time restraints.

2. I don't think YOU understand. I did not say Pokemon was unimportant. How ironic that you denounce my words as assumptions, yet you make some of your own right here.
Mario is THE flagship series of Nintendo. Mario is THE main representative of Nintendo. While yes, Pokemon is the 2nd biggest series Nintendo has to offer, to honestly believe that it would ever sarpass the 1st is foolish, no offense. And remember that Pokemon is not fully owned by Nintendo, but a 2nd Party company/companies (GameFreak and Creatures Inc.). 1st Party IP > 2nd Party IP. 1st Major series to Nintendo > 2nd Major series to Nintendo. It's just common logic. Pokemon will at most have the same number of characters as Mario. End of story.
Now, there are fools who believe that Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard count seperately, but they don't. They all count as part of the Trainer, who is the REAL character that is being represented.

3. "the number of reps shouldn't really be judged by a series' popularity, anyway, except in extreme cases, maybe".
Quite unsure of yourself, it seems.
Anyways, this doesn't even matter. Mario vs. Pokemon doesn't come down to popularity, because honestly, I believe Pokemon is much more popular, given all the exposure it gets with the anime, the card games, and merchandise outside of the games themselves.
It comes down to which of the two is more important to Nintendo. And the answer is Mario. This cannot be denied.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I have a question for ya'll:

What is the game that you geeked out over. I mean really invested your free (or not so free) time in. Where it be all side-quests, cheat coded, speed ran, just an all around game that you could give fair reasoning over their (your geek game) accurate representation.

Now mind you, it doesn't have to be just the game. You could have many game on your list of: [puts the "it" in shiznit] titles.

Fire away fellas
<-- and for all intents and purposes of the phrase, please: no flaming other's choices.
Oh man where do I begin!?

Sonic Adventure 2- Chao, ENTIRELY. Everything I did was for them XD.
Galaxy 2--Racing the Ghost Luigis and winning, then trying to record some for YouTube
Punch-Out!! Wii--Getting the special requirements needed for certain fighters
Mass Effect 2--Sidequests, achievements, planet probing...
Donkey Kong Country Returns--Kong letters, Puzzle pieces, Time trials (silver medals at the minimum)
LittleBigPlanet 2--collecting everything and making the best level that I can.
Portal 2--Examining all the little elements of the backstory, trophies
Rayman Origins--Getting ALL the Electoons, costumes, time trials, and studying Rayman's moves for moveset ideas.
Skyward Sword--Bug-collecting, finding materials, Goddess Cubes, and harvesting everyone's gratitude. Still not done with this game though.

sounds like someone went on a rental spree (either that or you're loaded).
LOL, nah this is over a LOOONG period of time. Years actually...

Oh and many of those were gifts. :awesome:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Feel free to elaborate homie,

sounds like someone went on a rental spree (either that or you're loaded).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why are you so hellbent on finding new stuff to discuss, though? Why not just let the thread die on its own until we get some solid new info (which would really rejuvenate the thread), instead of constantly keeping the thread on life support with scraps of somewhat-related info?

Because like it or not, this thread is only gonna continue to be the exact same way for possibly as long as a few more months as long as all of us continue to post it
Blargh, I did not think people were so agitated with my posting. I just want to talk about something different. Oh well, I guess this bird will be flying the coop.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well, Golden, I had a long-*** reply to to your post, but I just said "F*ck it" I accidentally refreshed so I lost all of my post

Sorry, I don't even feel like synthesizing my points

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Star, I didn't mean it like that, really, I was just curious of why you were like that

Sometimes I just need to learn my place and STFU, I's only 16

D

Deleted member

That's a shame. I somewhat enjoy debates, even if they sometimes get heated. (not that this one was, I hope)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nah, it wasn't heated at all, you had some great points, though, I'll give you that, but I actually thought I was gonna enjoy this debate, sorry

I give this bout to you

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's a shame. I somewhat enjoy debates, even if they sometimes get heated. (not that this one was, I hope)
We have some good debates here it is just some of us (me) tire of when they are the same debates every week. Granted it is always nice to have a new face to contribute to those discussions.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Birthnote, I believe that you might enjoy the convo a lot more when JavaCroc is around.

You could talk for hours about different game modes and different easter eggs. Those games you listed are no Joke when it comes to extensive content.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One of these days I need to bust out my dictionary and thesaurus and just deliver a massive array of eloquent verbiage that will create enamoredness among the crowd.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am not sure how Nintendo will treat achievements with the next console. Even then I am not sure how Sakurai will treat them since his idea of achievements are usually in-game collectibles.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't suppose you have a LINK handy, do you Starphoenix? I hope you get all excited again like last time over silly DragonQuest stuff. Adorable, really.

Stars tend to form of their own "ashes" don't they? When they "die?" Maybe they're all like phoenixes. Except the ones that turn into black holes. Those are jerks.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sick enough but regular Dark Blue Yoshi will stay. Unless Geno makes it in.

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't suppose you have a LINK handy, do you Starphoenix? I hope you get all excited again like last time over silly DragonQuest stuff. Adorable, really.

Stars tend to form of their own "ashes" don't they? When they "die?" Maybe they're all like phoenixes. Except the ones that turn into black holes. Those are jerks.
Since you asked so nicely.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
My Walmart connection can't handle streaming very well appearently, so no, I won't be able to catch it :urg:

Y'all should definitely post the juicy stuff for everyone to see, though

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
One of these days I need to bust out my dictionary and thesaurus and just deliver a massive array of eloquent verbiage that will create enamoredness among the crowd.
I wonder what the hell all that was about.

Gross....

How sick would Yoshi be with a Boshi alternate costume?
Pretty badass actually. Probably why there are so many hacks that have done it.

D

Deleted member

They seem to be focusing on Pit and Dark Pit for this trailer.

So Mii's are involved.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now we know why Kid Icarus: Uprising was delayed. WiFi, and quite a comprehensive system at that.

#SSBF: They keep focusing on Dark Pit because he plays into the multiplayer modes.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Whenever there's a feed its like folks are talking at the dinner table.

"How was school today?"

"Hated it"

"I see. Why?"

"Cause"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does anyone remember the character below?

If you don't remember, this guy is Nightmare, and he's the final boss of Kirby's Adventure.

Anyway, a few months back, I've inputted that guy as a possible boss for Adventure Mode, and I even mentioned that he'd be the major antagonist of the story as well. Something pretty much came up, which I've decided to input for him.

------------------------
Phase 1

Nightmare utilizes two phases in the boss fight.

His first phase mainly consists of him firing reflectable stars, and ramming into the players. He'll also fire energy balls that are shaped like his Power Orb form; they can be reflected right back at Nightmare to damage him.

When doing his ramming attacks, Nightmare will delay his attacks, making it possible to evade them in time. Additionally, the ramming attacks can be blocked and even countered.

Throughout the first phase, Nightmare will teleport from place to place, and players will have to reach him in order to deal any damage.

Nightmare's HP is as follows...

Very Easy: 500 HP
Easy: 600 HP
Normal: 700 HP
Hard: 800 HP
Very Hard: 1000 HP
Intense: 1200 HP

When half of his health is gone, Nightmare will move faster, and execute his attacks at a faster speed too. He'll also begin to fire stars while teleporting as well.
------------------------
Phase 2

When Nightmare's HP is fully depleted, he'll fool the player into thinking that he's beaten. However, he'll soon laugh and transform into a new entity named Nightmare Soul. Nightmare basically utilizes the powers that he absorbed from the trophies to achieve this state.

Nightmare Soul's appearance isn't too different from Nightmare's, except for that his cloak and shoulder pads are colored black, with the star markings being colored red, and his horns and necklace are colored red with platinum jewels attached to them. Lastly, his glasses are recolored red.

Nightmare Soul utilizes attacks that are mostly different from his basic attacks. The attacks are also unblockable now, unlike in the first phase, so blocking the attacks is a futile move in this phase. This also means that the attacks can't be reflected nor countered anymore.

Nightmare Soul's ultimate attack involves him firing three powerful energy rings, which operate exactly like Tabuu's Off-Waves; if any of them hit the players, they'll equal an instant KO (with some exceptions in The Arena). Nightmare Soul will always begin with this attack, and like the Off-Waves, they can only be dodged.

His energy ball attacks are also larger than in the first phase, and move faster as well.

In terms of ramming into the player, Nightmare Soul's ramming attacks no longer have any delays, making them much harder to avoid.

Nightmare Soul will also teleport a lot more frequently, and even fire stars during the teleporting. The stars can still be blocked, reflected, and countered, just like in the first phase. In fact, this is the only attack in Nightmare Soul's arsenal, in which players can do those actions.

Nightmare Soul will even attack with his hands, and do some attacks that were utilized by Tiki Tong. The hands can be attacked to damage Nightmare Soul.

Another feature that Nightmare Soul will use is that he'll utilize the Final Smashes that the playable characters can use as well. He'll primarily use Mario's Mario Finale, but the other Final Smashes that he'll use include the Zero Laser (Samus), PK Starstorm (Ness), Light Arrow (Zelda), and even Night Daze (Zoroark).

Nightmare Soul's HP is as follows...

Very Easy: 500 HP
Easy: 600 HP
Normal: 700 HP
Hard: 800 HP
Very Hard: 1000 HP
Intense: 1200 HP

When half of Nightmare Soul's HP is depleted, he'll introduce a new attack. The attack will have him creating a black hole that'll suck in any players who are too close to it. The black hole can deal heavy damage, and even cause 1-hit KOs on the harder skill levels.

Additionally, Nightmare Soul's attacks will move even faster, and he'll even increase the number of energy rings that he'll fire to "5"; this means that you must dodge a total of 5 energy rings, or else risk getting 1-hit KO'd.

Nightmare Soul will also teleport a lot more times than before, making it even harder to land an attack on him.

When Nightmare Soul's HP is fully depleted, he'll be defeated for good, and the main story of Adventure Mode will be completed.
------------------------
Total HP (Phase 1 + Phase 2)

Note: Values are also applied in The Arena (Boss Battles).

Very Easy: 1000 HP
Easy: 1200 HP
Normal: 1400 HP
Hard: 1600 HP
Very Hard: 2000 HP
Intense: 2400 HP
------------------------
Final Notes

In Adventure Mode, after defeating Nightmare, players will immediately face Nightmare Soul, making it impossible to change the characters that the players want to use. This also means that they can't recover any damage taken from Nightmare.

In The Arena, Nightmare will always be the final boss. Additionally, when Nightmare is defeated, players will immediately fight Nightmare Soul, meaning that they can't recover after defeating Nightmare.
------------------------
Possible Music Options

Nightmare: VS Magolor (Phase 1)
Nightmare Soul: VS Magolor (Phase 2)
------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom