• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Did you guys see this yet? Just a piece of interesting news I found

[COLLAPSE="Collapse"]
[/COLLAPSE]

The apparent newcomers for Smash4King K Rool (Donkey Kong)
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Ghirahim (Zelda)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Ridley (Metroid)
Prince Sable (Frogs the Bell Tolls)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Megaman (Megaman)
Crystal (Star Fox)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Shulk (Xenoblade)
Sonic (Sonic)

It's probably fake since it was the Universe thing but I just wanted to show it to you

D

Deleted member

And you would be right in that it is fake. They spelled Krystal incorrectly and it's odd that Sonic is lumped in with the newcomers. Also, there is no way we are getting more then four third-party characters.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
And you would be right in that it is fake. They spelled Krystal incorrectly and it's odd that Sonic is lumped in with the newcomers. Also, there is no way we are getting more then four third-party characters.
Yeah I thought so her name is spelled correctly in the Japanese characters though on that paper.
クリスタル

D

Deleted member

Opelucid, you might want to collapse that.

On a slightly different note, FE13 is getting DLC. Perhaps they're trying to make this into the big franchise it once was again?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
DLC? Interesting, I can see how they came to that as FE12 had unlockable chapters that you needed to connect to Wi-Fi in order to unlock.

Also I saw that "leak," it's pretty fake, (I was translating a bit of it for Gamefaqs). The handwriting is terrible (that's how you can tell it was not written by someone from Japan), and the "Universe" logo was already deconfirmed by Sakurai himself.

Also King Hippo and Prince Stable? Really?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It looks like the handwriting was not even 1st grade level.

I just think people are going to google translate and then trying to copy names down, and obviously failing :smirk:

D

Deleted member

It looks like the handwriting was not even 1st grade level.

I just think people are going to google translate and then trying to copy names down, and obviously failing :smirk:
This. I could make up a better rumor about Smash 4 then they could.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pretty much, it is like a lot of people who try to speak Spanish. You can tell when their words are not conjugated. lol

Anyways, for those interested tonight will be the live stream of Nintendo's "Nintendo Direct" presentation and will cover new titles through March 2012. We might get some news on some other titles that have not been talked about as much recently. Here are the times:

7:00PM (PST)
8:00PM (MST)
9:00PM (CST)
10:00PM (EST)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Wait you're giving us time slots for news that, for all we know, could occur several weeks from now?

LOL Whats up Iblis?

the "Universe" logo was already deconfirmed by Sakurai himself.
Oh thank heavens

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh I just laugh sometimes when people write in Japanese to look offical or when peopl (irl) come up to me and try to speak "Japanese"

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, that handwriting was pretty bad, I've seen people in my Japanese classes who are writing for the first time have better handwriting, and it's not even Kanji. :laugh:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I was making a pun on Starphoe's mannerisms

SSBFan said:
I like Saki and I would love for him to be in SSB4. He also seems to be slightly more likely the Starfy since Sakurai seems to be bias towards Sin & Punishment.
So essentially you're saying that you included Starfy in your roster because he seems to have less bias against him than Saki?

I plan on composing a nice, hefty PM regarding how you process these "fancy" ideas you have.
_

About the "Anonymous tip" that Universe logo reminds me of the makeshift christmas present I gave to my Dad.

Essentially, I didn't know if I had time to get him the latest album by Coheed & Cambria (or if they were still in by him)

So I used a coupon to get him the singles off the album and burned them to a disk. On the way to his place I drew up the album cover from memory.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If that leaked list of newcomers are for real, I can see over 9000 fans nerdraging and BAWWWing over the following:

- how Punch-Out doesn't need/deserve two characters
- Mewtwo and Roy aren't playable, especially Mewtwo
- how Star Fox doesn't need/deserve four characters
- the lack of females despite getting Palutena and Krystal
- how we should have gotten (favorite retro character) instead of Prince Sable
- how we didn't get a new Mario character
- how Isaac and/or Starfy aren't playable
- hating Slime for rightfully taking Geno's spot as the Square Enix
- how Sakuraiiiiiiiiiii!!!! is trolling us again with a horrible roster

But seriously though... most of them are pretty obscure even to the casual fans. The only ones I think non-gamers might recognize could be Little Mac, King Hippo (because of that Captain N cartoon), Mega Man, Sonic, Slime (at least to Japanese audiences), and of course the current poster child of Pokemon, Zoroark... and to a certain extent, King K. Rool.

If there were a few more familiar and well known Nintendo characters like Toad, Mii, Mewtwo and Meowth (because of the Pokemon movies and anime), Dixie Kong, even the Duck Hunt Dog (because of the Zapper and Duck Hunt that came with Super Mario Bros. and the NES in the 80's) and casual audiences may be more excited enough to be persuaded to get the game.

We had plenty of well known newcomers in Brawl. King Dedede and Meta Knight (because of the Kirby anime), Pit (because of that Captain N cartoon), Lucario (because of the Lucario movie), Pokemon Trainer (mostly because of Ash Ketchum and Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Squirtle featured in the first couple seasons of the Pokemon anime), Diddy Kong, Wario, Sonic, Toon Link (he is Link, enough said), R.O.B. (the robot that came with the NES in the 80's)... and to a certain extent, Zero Suit Samus (inspired by the Justin Bailey password in the NES Metroid). The ones I would consider relatively obscure could be Ike, Olimar, Lucas, Snake, and Wolf.

Even Melee was like this, too. We had well known newcomers like Bowser, Peach, Dr. Mario, Zelda, Ganondorf, Young Link, Sheik (because of Ocarina of Time), Pichu, Mewtwo, and Marth (to Japanese audiences). The fairly obscure ones would be Roy, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Falco.

Going back to the first game in the series... the most famous ones are anyone who isn't Captain Falcon or Ness. Bottom line, the more famous ones always outnumber the obscure ones. That leaked list of newcomers is not following this standard. And I think I can safely determine this a fake. Hopefully fake.. JMO.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

nLiM8d said:
So essentially you're saying that you included Starfy in your roster because he seems to have less bias against him than Saki?
Not that. I'm saying that because Starfy is more recognizable, he is on the roster over Saki. Saki is again, a good choice and Sakurai does like him, but I do think Starfy is a slightly stronger choice.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Arcadenik, your checklist of failings reminded me of how there are certain titles/franchises that we can (mostly) unanimously agree deserve representation.

I have a question for ya'll:

What is the game that you geeked out over. I mean really invested your free (or not so free) time in. Where it be all side-quests, cheat coded, speed ran, just an all around game that you could give fair reasoning over their (your geek game) accurate representation.

Now mind you, it doesn't have to be just the game. You could have many game on your list of: [puts the "it" in shiznit] titles.

Fire away fellas
<-- and for all intents and purposes of the phrase, please: no flaming other's choices.

D

Deleted member

The one game I would say I geek out over is Gran Turismo 5. I love that game despite the flaws it has and the attempt at realism brings me in and gets me hooked. I would also say Smash 4 because of how unique the game is in every way including the community.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Leaks can be interesting to read... it's like reading a horror story!

Nlimited (?): Gokujyo Parodius. Man, this game is over-the-top hilarious fun. Also SHMUP-references and public domain soundtrack BGM FTW!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I do have memory of you and Iblis excluding me from your reindeer racing games.

Which reminds me, F-Zero should have an actual "vehicle oriented" Assist trophy. I think Goroh gave people too many ideas. (Btw wasn't that game centered around a large cast of racers?)

On Smash 4, I hope they return the favor: allowing us several options to continue our community driven ideals further in the game.

_

Horsetail, what are those green glowy orbs following the airwing around all Yoshi's Island like?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Arcadenik, your checklist of failings reminded me of how there are certain titles/franchises that we can (mostly) unanimously agree deserve representation.

I have a question for ya'll:

What is the game that you geeked out over. I mean really invested your free (or not so free) time in. Where it be all side-quests, cheat coded, speed ran, just an all around game that you could give fair reasoning over their (your geek game) accurate representation.

Now mind you, it doesn't have to be just the game. You could have many game on your list of: [puts the "it" in shiznit] titles.

Fire away fellas
<-- and for all intents and purposes of the phrase, please: no flaming other's choices.
Sonic Adventure 2, Pokemon Colosseum, Melee... a bunch of them as a matter of fact

over 9000
:facepalm:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Accidental DP! Sorry (Damn you 3DS!)

(Yoshi's Island-like... Ohhh, you're talking of Options! In Gradius, these orbs act like copy decoys which give extra fire power. Did I answer to your question now?)

D

Deleted member

This isn't too bad of a Roster. However, I have a few "concerns".

1. Pokemon having more characters than Mario. This will never happen. Mario is always on top or tied for first with Pokemon.
Counterargument: But the subseries like Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong count as Mario characters.
This is true and false at the same time. They are technically Mario characters, but in terms of Smash, they aren't. Rather than cutting a Pokemon character, as I don't support cuts, I suggest adding another Mario character such as Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, or King Boo.

2. Dixie Kong. I honestly can't see her being added without being partnered to Diddy. After all, when they couldn't work as a duo in Brawl, Sakurai could've easily included Dixie Kong as a seperate character like he did with Diddy, but he didn't. That pretty much tells me that he doesn't have high views for her.

3. Both Palutena and Medusa. I can guarantee that there is only going to be ONE Kid Icarus Newcomer. Yes, Sakurai added both Dedede and Meta Knight in Brawl, but that was because they were heavily demanded by the fanbase. I mean, they were held back from 64 (Dedede) and Melee (both) because he didn't want to "overrepresent his series". At the very most, we will get one KI character as a result.
Also consider that in the eyes of Japan, KI only has two games. They never got Of Myths and Monsters.

4. Isaac. In my eyes, he's one of the most overrated choices for a Smash roster. The reason being, is that he's only requested greatly in America, and another character already exceeds him in that regard (Little Mac). He has barely any requests in Japan, possibly due to how unpopular the series is there.
You may ask why I look into Japan so greatly; it's because that's where most of the decisions come from. Some had the most support overseas, such as Pit and Sonic, but for the most part, characters and series that are popular in Japan, such as Earthbound and Fire Emblem, are looked into firsthand.

5. Starfy. Not getting in. Sakurai hates Starfy due to how his "cuteness" rivals that of his own creation, Kirby's. Why do you think Starfy is the only AT you can beat the crap out of? "Stafy, why did you even come here?!"

That's just my 10 cents. I'm not going to get into who's NOT in your Roster, as that's just a matter of opinion and can't be helped.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm sure your sense can be helped if you put enough thought into it^
_

Yes HorseT, that's exactly what I was referring to.

D

Deleted member

OSHI-
That's a response to Super Smash Fan's Roster.

I was sent there by a link and thought this was a specific topic for it. Forgive me. *sweatdrop*

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sakurai never stated that officially himself... (Wierdly) but Starfy being excluded by that reason? Geez, so much good franchises kicked out for stupidest reasons ever imaginable.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
1. Pokemon having more characters than Mario. This will never happen. Mario is always on top or tied for first with Pokemon.
I don't see how patterns like this would hinder Pokemon's chances of having more reps in the slightest, especially since patterns can easily be broken

2. Dixie Kong. I honestly can't see her being added without being partnered to Diddy. After all, when they couldn't work as a duo in Brawl, Sakurai could've easily included Dixie Kong as a seperate character like he did with Diddy, but he didn't. That pretty much tells me that he doesn't have high views for her.
Or maybe he would have made her into a seperate character but he didn't have enough time to do so. You just don't know

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
22 guests? Good graces.

Yutsi, don't mind that, it was actually the topic at hand. On that note, try not to carry on like we're out of options (possibilities).

If you're gonna go buzz killing, at least let us know that your pessimism has a purpose.

D

Deleted member

I don't see how patterns like this would hinder Pokemon's chances of having more reps in the slightest, especially since patterns can easily be broken

Or maybe he would have made her into a seperate character but he didn't have enough time to do so. You just don't know
1. Mario is Nintendo's flagship series. Pokemon is not.
Do you honestly believe that it will ever have more than Mario? At the very least, Pokemon and Mario will share the same number of reps.

2. No, it's not that he didn't have time, he just didn't do it. The only characters excluded due to time were Mewtwo and Roy.
After the duo concept couldn't work, he pretty much just scrapped Dixie and made Diddy alone.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
1. Mario is Nintendo's flagship series. Pokemon is not.
Do you honestly believe that it will ever have more than Mario? At the very least, Pokemon and Mario will share the same number of reps.

2. No, it's not that he didn't have time, he just didn't do it. The only characters excluded due to time were Mewtwo and Roy.
After the duo concept couldn't work, he pretty much just scrapped Dixie and made Diddy alone.
1. All of these are just assumptions, they make sense but in the end, they still aren't facts. We don't actually know why Dixie, Roy and Mewtwo were cut, end of story

2. Pokemon is a flagship series of Nintendo, lol, I don't think you realize just how big Pokemon is in reality (it's the 2nd biggest VG series out there in terms of sales, only second to Mr. Video Game (Mario) himself, and Pikachu I'd say is pretty iconic since it was part of one of those Thanksgiving Day Parades alongside other well-known fictional characters), besides, a company can have more than one flagship series

3. Smash isn't that corporate, if Sakurai wants 6 Pokemon reps and 5 Mario reps, then he'll do it, the number of reps shouldn't really be judged by a series' popularity, anyway, except in extreme cases, maybe

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon had 7 characters in Brawl, Mario had just 4. Just saying...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Que? I'm lost... Which happens a lot...
You should understand my confusion then, talk of things going on in March when in actuality your focus is on something occurring later on tonight.

I don't understand it (or why one is so hell bent on "news") so I joke about it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You should understand my confusion then, talk of things going on in March when in actuality your focus is on something occurring later on tonight.

I don't understand it (or why one is so hell bent on "news") so I joke about it.
Because it is the only news worth talking about. I mean would you rather discuss new information for games or continue on with another cycle in our never ending SSB4 talking points? At least with the former it might even inspire some new discussion that pertains to this thread. So I'd rather have something then nothing. I post the dates only for those interested.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I don't have any stock in "trends" as they often tend to get me agitated.

Here's a lighter perspective on that assertion of yours, news is instantaneous; periodic, yet drawn out. There will always be "some" kind of conception or frame of reference that get people to sway their inclinations as a pendulum would.

If you're asking me, I'd prefer something a bit more consistent. Cyclic or not, we're gonna be here for some time, so we might as well get acquainted.

We've known each other long enough to pre-acknowledge those concerns (Iblis Circle theory). Instead of making "fresh" topics the endgame to the merit of this discussion, how about getting in with a bit of dynamism?

Perhaps a conversation for a later time, when you're ready. I'm concerned about this face of despair that I experience from your communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom