• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Look at Street Fighter.
Look at Mario.
Look at Legend Of Zelda.

They can do it.
GOOD POINT.

It's just, I can hardly see them making such a big deal of Smash Bros every time? Brawl was a huge project. If they're not going to put a lot of effort into it, would you really want it? Couldn't it just become like the next Mario Kart or Mario Party? It'd be cool if it went the Street Fighter route and catered to the competitive scene, but I don't see that happening.

THAT IS A LONG TIME AWAY THOUGH. As long as I get my Ridley in one good Smash, I guess nothing else matters~

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I'll have to disagree, if the games build off of one another and are good; this could be long lasting. It depends how long the fire burns! I for one love them, but brawl was disappointing for me.
What are you talking about?Brawl waz great!my b**lz tightened when ssbb was released because I havent heard from ssb since I waz 5. I admit,brawl could have done better and it could have gotten a few tweeks here and there,but overall it was a great game!

TBone06

Smash Ace
Somehow some way I wish one TMNT fighter could make it in this:)
As amazing as that would be (I was huge on TMNT as a youngn') It just wasn't meant to be:p But agreed it'd be awesome to see that. Maybe they can find a hack for Squirtle to make him look like one:p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It would be nice to see Brawl go into the Street Fighter route, I don't normally say this but...Sakurai...I can't see him doing it either and not to mention his dislike of sequels.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
Mad serious question...are all/most of the people around the release date/or releasing of SSB4 info going to be like the poster above me...
Look at GameFAQs. Trust me, we will be having to deal with these type of people and it will only get worst the closer we get to release. There will certainly be some intelligent people like most people here now, but the idiots will slowly take over. Hopefully, Chris the Ripper can be taught to logically discuss SSB4 before he gets himself handed by the mod and banned.
Mishudo said:
So do you guys think this'll be the last smash? Or that they'll continue to release more and more?
I wouldn't mind this being the last Smash game, under the condition that nothing disappoints. That said, they'll probably make more and I'm afraid it will only go downhill from their.
Oasis_S said:
As big of a cash cow as it is, I don't think they can milk it for too much longer.
I wouldn't quality once a generation "milking", although there has to be a stopping point eventually.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I hate that guy...↑
I don't. Shortiecan, I find your presence to not have a negative impact on my general Smash speculatory experience. :)

I'm very interested in the retro choices this time around. We've had two each game (Ice Climbers, G&W. Pit, ROB)... I can't imagine any less this time. There's some cool options open.

Sukapon, Mach Rider, and Takumaru are probably the front runners, eh?

TBone06

Smash Ace
It would be nice to see Brawl go into the Street Fighter route, I don't normally say this but...Sakurai...I can't see him doing it either and not to mention his dislike of sequels.
BTW, agreed, the Kongo Jungle was amazing in Melee, if it's the one with the DK rap in it agreed, it'd be nice if it were brought back. I think that as well as Jungle Japes was more accurate to what DK is all about than Rumble Falls.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Look at GameFAQs. Trust me, we will be having to deal with these type of people and it will only get worst the closer we get to release. There will certainly be some intelligent people like most people here now, but the idiots will slowly take over. Hopefully, Chris the Ripper can be taught to logically discuss SSB4 before he gets himself handed by the mod and banned.
Oh word??? I'll ready the crew, the BFBI (LOL), and be the "Bouncers" when the time is needed or if one of us is available,

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about?Brawl waz great!my b**lz tightened when ssbb was released because I havent heard from ssb since I waz 5. I admit,brawl could have done better and it could have gotten a few tweeks here and there,but overall it was a great game!
I didn't mean brawl was bad, I just prefered the previous two.

D

Deleted member

Barbasol said:
Sukapon, Mach Rider, and Takumaru are probably the front runners, eh?
The only likely one is Takamaru. Sakurai probably isn't reviving Sukapon or Mach Rider back, which sucks because the former would be a great candidate.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh goodness, what if they start handing it over to Sega or Namco to develop.
There will be lawsuits.....

For ****.

BTW, agreed, the Kongo Jungle was amazing in Melee, if it's the one with the DK rap in it agreed, it'd be nice if it were brought back. I think that as well as Jungle Japes was more accurate to what DK is all about than Rumble Falls.
Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Chris, post something that doesn't make people's eyes bleed and then that can be arranged dog.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
As amazing as that would be (I was huge on TMNT as a youngn') It just wasn't meant to be:p But agreed it'd be awesome to see that. Maybe they can find a hack for Squirtle to make him look like one:p
Yeah it probably won't happen, but that's who I'd like to see as a 3rd party. One turtle rep; being Leo or Raph.

Chris the Ripper

Well,im just glad a new smash is even being made. If this one gets a bad review,i'll kill the ppl who say they're right.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
The only likely one is Takamaru. Sakurai probably isn't reviving Sukapon or Mach Rider back, which sucks because the former would be a great candidate.
Why would you say that?

I find Takamaru to be the least appealing, personally. Sukapon was planned but cut... I know there's a comment where Sakurai says not to expect him, but it's hard to say what kind of time period he meant by that. He also is said to like mach rider.

Both Sukapon and Mach Rider could actually be folded into Custom Robo and F-Zero, respectively. Sukapon could be like a pre-Robo model in the story.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Just play TMNT smash. It's basically a smash game with TMNT characters.
Yeah I've got that game; but I want to fight Raphael against Bowser!! That would be share awsomeness!!:) King Koopa taking on Raph would be epic! Not to mention having a tmnt turtle on the same screen with Mario!!

D

Deleted member

@Chris the Ripper: What is your prediction roster? Give me all the characters you think will make it in.

Chris the Ripper

@Chris the Ripper: What is your prediction roster? Give me all the characters you think will make it in.
Sir,i do not know where to start. They're endless possibilities of characters that might make it,i just hope Goku comes.Look at brawl,they had sonic and snake,2 completely unexpected characters.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Yeah I've got that game; but I want to fight Raphael against Bowser!! That would be share awsomeness!!:) King Koopa taking on Raph would be epic! Not to mention having a tmnt turtle on the same screen with Mario!!
How is it compared to Smash Bros.? I've been meaning to get it but know little about it.

D

Deleted member

Sir,i do not know where to start. They're endless possibilities of characters that might make it,i just hope Goku comes.Look at brawl,they had sonic and snake,2 completely unexpected characters.
Just make a prediction roster as reasonable as you possibly can. Keep in mind the following requirements:

- Must not be hated
- Must have move set potential
- Must have video game origin
- Must have appeared on a Nintendo console.

There are other factors to consider, such as popularity, importance to series, relevance, and if Sakurai has denounced the character or not.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yoooo if TMNT were to ever get into Smash, I want Mikey LOL, after playing that one TMNT fighting game and hearing Mikey say "EAT FEET" over and over again, he was solidified as my favorite.

Chris the Ripper

Just make a prediction roster as reasonable as you possibly can. Keep in mind the following requirements:

- Must not be hated
- Must have move set potential
- Must have video game origin
- Must have appeared on a Nintendo console.

There are other factors to consider, such as popularity, importance to series, relevance, and if Sakurai has denounced the character or not.
Are you asking me this just so ppl will laugh/dis-agree with me and call me stupid,or are you sincerely asking me?

Chris the Ripper

Im serious,i think Goku will make it in,even though he's anime based.but look at Sonic and Snake.i could see how sonic got in,but Snake? Anyway, Lucario's voice actor is the same as Goku's,right? So,why not?

D

Deleted member

Im serious,i think Goku will make it in,even though he's anime based.but look at Sonic and Snake.i could see how sonic got in,but Snake? Anyway, Lucario's voice actor is the same as Goku's,right? So,why not?
Anime and third-party video game characters are an entirely different beast.

Anime characters defeat the purpose of the Super Smash Bros. series because they aren't from video games. It should be Nintendo and third-party characters with a Nintendo history only. Voice actor has nothing to do with whenever or not a character gets in. Lucario getting in had nothing to do with voice actors.

Chris the Ripper

anime and third-party video game characters are an entirely different beast.

Anime characters defeat the purpose of the super smash bros. Series because they aren't from video games. It should be nintendo and third-party characters with a nintendo history only. Voice actor has nothing to do with whenever or not a character gets in. Lucario getting in had nothing to do with voice actors.
look!thats just my opinion!

@Chris - Snake has been on Nintendo plenty of times though, iirc even before melee.
So?So has that Ninja from Ninja Gaiden.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why would you say that?

I find Takamaru to be the least appealing, personally. Sukapon was planned but cut... I know there's a comment where Sakurai says not to expect him, but it's hard to say what kind of time period he meant by that. He also is said to like mach rider.

Both Sukapon and Mach Rider could actually be folded into Custom Robo and F-Zero, respectively. Sukapon could be like a pre-Robo model in the story.
His opinion changes as much as ours do. He was not at ALL wanting to make a sequel after Brawl, and now look at him. He's actually excited, which in turn, makes me excited. So yes, there is a chance for Sukapon, however as it stands now all we can go on is the whole "Don't expect him" thing. Takamaru would be my #1 frontrunner, but Sakurai might get technical. He said that he wants Takamaru to appear in his own game. Soooo, yeah. I'm sad that he never left us a little secret note on Pit's trophy in Melee. "Will Pit ever fly again?" Yeah, he did Sakurai. He hasn't left us many clues.

I don't. Shortiecan, I find your presence to not have a negative impact on my general Smash speculatory experience.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm sure wasn't saying you aren't entitled to your opinion but, when you come onto a forum about a relevant topic. Expect criticism. Also when vague or weakly supported evidence is given, expect that to be attacked too.

When did Ninja Gaiden become as popular as MGS? Also I'm more than sure MGS has been with a longer history with than NG.

D

Deleted member

look!thats just my opinion!
First off, stop multi-posting. If you having something to say and no one else has posted, edit your post.

Secondly, Goku and Vegeta will never make it to Super Smash Bros. because they are not video game characters. Sakurai will not give them a second of thought because they clearly violate the "Must not be from video game origin" rule. Therefore, they will never be in SSB4. I have opinions of my own, but at least have logical opinions. Your opinion that Goku will make it into SSB4 is false because it isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom