• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I god sure hope they added in the character creation in the game.
Can anyone name a GOOD fighting game with character creation?

I feel like character creation is a sign of the developers giving up on gameplay and just adding flashy mechanics to wow people who don't realize how not good the game is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I god sure hope they added in the character creation in the game.
Sakurai said that the 3DS will have customization. We don't know if it means that, character editing(like giving Link a variation of Boomerangs, or his Beetle, etc.)

@GY: I'd take Black Mage over Slime anyway. But yeah, SE I don't see SUPER likely.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have so many problems with character creation its never funny. I feel like having that in Smash would not only diminish the other characters, but make characters and additions arbitrary. Anything other than a Mii is an absolute no.

Customization is a maybe, if it's just relevant to how some moves (Like arrows, boomerang, FLUDD and say the Mega Buster) work.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can anyone name a GOOD fighting game with character creation?

I feel like character creation is a sign of the developers giving up on gameplay and just adding flashy mechanics to wow people who don't realize how not good the game is.
Soul Calibur says hi! :awesome:

I do agree, however, that making characters shouldn't be so easy. I think Miis, if they do make it, should be the last. And it should also feel like you are still playing Miis (aka Nintendo characters), and that whichever Mii you are, you feel like a legitimate Nintendo character.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sakurai said that the 3DS will have customization. We don't know if it means that, character editing(like giving Link a variation of Boomerangs, or his Beetle, etc.)

@GY: I'd take Black Mage over Slime anyway. But yeah, SE I don't see SUPER likely.
Black Mage isn't SUPER likely, but he's shown himself in cross-overs in the Mario series, such as Mario Hoops 3 on 3. As one of my most favored FF characters, I really hope he gets a chance in any way.

I have so many problems with character creation its never funny. I feel like having that in Smash would not only diminish the other characters, but make characters and additions arbitrary. Anything other than a Mii is an absolute no.

Customization is a maybe, if it's just relevant to how some moves (Like arrows, boomerang, FLUDD and say the Mega Buster) work.
I support Custom Character Creation because it allows for the fan to play as what he imagines himself being. It would definatly not diminish the other characters. Example: Maybe the creation character can't look/play like Mewtwo or Lucario.

I feel as if I'm the only one that knows what Spore is... Because it's creation work can be similar to how you'd make a character: Puzzle Pieces with Body Parts instead.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Black Mage isn't SUPER likely, but he's shown himself in cross-overs in the Mario series, such as Mario Hoops 3 on 3. As one of my most favored FF characters, I really hope he gets a chance in any way.
Likewise. Honestly, unless Final Fantasy VIII hops onto the 3DS(and thus, Diablos is chosen), I'd say Black Mage is probably one of the best FF choices.

I feel as if I'm the only one that knows what Spore is... Because it's creation work can be similar to how you'd make a character: Puzzle Pieces with Body Parts instead.
Heard of it, seen some videos. You can do similar stuff in Wrestlemania 18 and 19. Although none of it has an effect. I personally think it'll be something more like the Mii's or Polygons that you input moves into. It's a lot harder to implement when characters are of extremely various shapes and sizes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Heard of it, seen some videos. You can do similar stuff in Wrestlemania 18 and 19. Although none of it has an effect. I personally think it'll be something more like the Mii's or Polygons that you input moves into. It's a lot harder to implement when characters are of extremely various shapes and sizes.
Look, as long as I can make my manga characters, I'd be fine with it Lol

Also, who here agrees that Black Mage should fight Mewtwo in a battle of Chess? I so want to see that for some reason ._.

I'm making a new Mewtwo Avve, with him and his Spoon. --- will be pleased ^^

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Some people are going to be severely disappointed with the "customization" we're offered. Updated sticker system is the most to be expected. I like the idea of accessories, but even that's a little MUCH. I see it as FEASIBLE at the least.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am thinking now that F-Zero should get a second character despite its hiatus. Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow would be fine.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Some people are going to be severely disappointed with the "customization" we're offered. Updated sticker system is the most to be expected. I like the idea of accessories, but even that's a little MUCH. I see it as FEASIBLE at the least.
Oh my god, someone would DIE if they did that. The stickers= Failure. But if they bring it back, "Upgraded"...

Use Cut! Throat takes over 9000 dmg!

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Character customization might mean creating you own pallet swap, but there's probably more to it. However I'd really want to play as a sonic with black and red coloration or a slime with a brown coloration.

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The trailer will be all like, "Here's Ridley!" and people will be like, "YEEEEEEAAAAHH!"

Then the game will come out and it'll have a total of zero purple space dragons. :awesome:
And Chronobound will have to stick around for Sma5h. :troll:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The trailer will be all like, "Here's Ridley!" and people will be like, "YEEEEEEAAAAHH!"

Then the game will come out and it'll have a total of zero purple space dragons. :awesome:
And Chronobound will have to stick around for Sma5h.

If Ridley is not in Smash 4, I still won't stick around for Smash 5. For one, I think if Ridley does not show up this time, I think there is a very good chance that he will never show up as a playable character.

Jonas

Smash Champion
He's not a space dragon, he's a dragon space pirate

as Meta Ridley he's a cyborg dragon space pirate

in Metroid Prime 3 he becomes Omega Ridley, a mutant cyborg dragon space pirate zombie

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Ridley is not in Smash 4, I still won't stick around for Smash 5. For one, I think if Ridley does not show up this time, I think there is a very good chance that he will never show up as a playable character.
Then Sma5h will come out and Ridley is finally playable. :troll:

YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME! :awesome:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This place needs to stop being such a Creepy Steeple sometimes. Heck, if this place is Creepy Steeple because it's so quiet sometimes, I must be Doo_liss. My name must not be said...

D

Deleted member

Oasis_S said:
Some have said the support for Mega Man is no where near where Sonic's was pre-Brawl, and that's surely true, but after the first trailer, isn't it just going to skyrocket?
What's interesting to note is that Sakurai did recall Mega Man getting a lot of oversea demand (according to this) pre-Melee, meaning that he's been aware of the demand for Mega Man in Smash. Given that it has obviously risen to at least the Top 10 (and perhaps the Top 5), Sakurai should have definitely noticed it and he does seem to consider the possibility of a Capcom character in Smash.

You are also right in that Mega Man's popularity will rise a lot once we get a trailer. Mega Man already has an advantage of being a very highly requested character (something that can't even be said for Sonic before Brawl was revealed) and that will only go up with a trailer. While it won't be Sonic-high, do expect Mega Man fans to be highly dedicated towards their push for him in Smash 4 as they are now.

I'm not saying he will get in or that he is likely, but I do think that when you compare his case to that of other third-party characters, he stands out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pretty sure that AT LEAST ever since that... EGM's was it? April Fool's joke with Sonic in Melee, people have wanted him in Smash.

So you're not quite right that Mega Man has more demand than Sonic did at this point.

But that is a good point that Sakurai has shown he's aware of Mega Man's popularity.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes:c:(:troll::laugh:

I'd like to see the Coin Lottery back. Put in 100 coins, give me a new trophy!
The Lottery is boring, and all about luck. The Coin Launcher makes things much more interesting, to say the least.

Hmmm... Just so long as there's no Challenges Mode actually in the game like Brawl's, I'm fine. :awesome:

Having a checklist would still be a good idea, but it should be more like the one from Kirby Air Ride. You see, in Kirby Air Ride, whenever you erase checklist data, the objective positions will be completely randomized, except for the ones that are immune to the Free Check boxes.

Actually, there's a rumor that a version of Megaman based on the NA Megaman 1 boxart is gonna be in Street Fighter X Tekken. To support this theory a little bit, this Megaman, aka bad boxart Megaman, was going to be in the ill-fated Megaman Universe.

I'm going to do the characters theme list we discussed before. These selections are not meant to be all very fast paced and some are chosen as themes with remixes in mind (i.e. Mario and Luigi). Might start adding to them over time:

[COLLAPSE="Themes List"]
Mario
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Link - Not the dungeon part obv.
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Ness
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Capt. Falcon

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Falco
Mr. Game and Watch

Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Toon Link
Olimar
R.O.B.
Wolf
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Ike
Lucas
Snake
Sonic

These last ones are for fun:
Krystal
Toad
Tom Nook
Ridley
Little Mac
Lip
Ghirahim
Megaman
[/COLLAPSE]
If they link to SF themes, that just means I don't know what to give them.
I was actually thinking of the following music for Kirby's Target Smash stage...

Kirby: Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Challenge Stage

However, it may also give some players bad memories, in terms of Platinum ranking all the challenges in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

And for Dixie Kong...

Dixie Kong: Donkey Kong Country 3 - Bonus Stage

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I realised as well.

Any sort of discussion yet? Normally this thread grows like 30 pages a day, easily.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm glad it's slow. People really need to get off the character discussions. This is like the only reason I'm ever happy school is back in session.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kinda like defending Impa, but besides that there is nothing much happening.

I could argue that I don't find Mega Man all that likely, but I don't know much about Mega Man or Capcom. Just don't think the possibilities are all that great, as he's no Sonic in terms of popularity.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad it's slow. People really need to get off the character discussions. This is like the only reason I'm ever happy school is back in session.
I think the activity will pick up this evening, so it may not be the end.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No activity? About time. We needed a chill time.

So, anyways, here's a Young Link moveset, made by my friend, Pikabolit. Before you read it, I want you to know that he doesn't like the fact that certain items aren't used for Link's disposle, so he added the nessasary items (I helped him none).

[COLLAPSE="Young Link PB Version"]
(B): Flare Arrow
He fires an Arrow that's on fire. The arrow can stick onto opponents, and do some damage, like a Red Pikmin. The difference is that it doesn't fall off for 3 seconds, and can't be shaken off. It doesn't cause Flinch on burn.

(B)>: Slingshot
He fires a Deku Seed at the opponent. It fires straight forward, and is as strong as Pit's (B) move. The difference is that it can cause paralysis at times (Rare Sweet Spot, which is one character space hit).

(B)v: Bottle Splash
He brings out a jar, and whips it in front of himself. He'll throw either Water, Bugs, or at rare times, Faries. When Water is thrown out, it pushes the opponent away. If it's Bugs, they'll swarm anyone in the first character space in front of Young Link, and keep dealing damage successfully. They'll leave once they dodge roll alot. But the fariy will come out, and circle Young Link three times. If he's attacked, the fairy will flee, but if not, Young Link will heal 50% (35 in Stanima).

(B)^: Energy Spin Attack
Aerial: He stops in midair, then executes a Spin Attack. He goes higher, as well.
Ground: Just like Link/TL, you can charge, but when fully charged, he'll also let an energy slice throw out as well, gaining another character space worth of an attack.

FS: Song of Storms
He'll play the Song of Storms, and a strong storm destorys the arena. Lightning strikes will randomly strike, and the wind blows left VERY strongly. After playing the verse, Young Link has action, but has no effects to the lighning and wind. [/COLLAPSE]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hmmm... I want to change my avatar again. Maybe something with Doopliss and my Kirby character...

@Oasis: Really?! He does?! I want to see Saki in Smash even more now! :D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WOAH, so apparently Saki
FIGHTS THE FREAKING EARTH?
What a badass.

EDIT: Yeah, check it out: http://youtu.be/3StHuAqmT30
Turns into a giant monster and shoots the (an?) Earth to death. Literally. He fights the the freaking planet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Soul Calibur says hi! :awesome:

I do agree, however, that making characters shouldn't be so easy. I think Miis, if they do make it, should be the last. And it should also feel like you are still playing Miis (aka Nintendo characters), and that whichever Mii you are, you feel like a legitimate Nintendo character.
Soul Calibur III is probably one of the worst SC's so far, or so I hear.

I know, it's going to be something used in ADVENTURE MODE, or something like that. You crazy kids and your crazy move swapping ideas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley and K. Rool don't really compare to one of the biggest names in gaming.
Within our community I would say not true, and within SMASH SPEC communites in general. But the general public, sure. I'm fairly certain anyone who knows about things like Sakurai polls/questionaires are going to be at least SLIGHTLY delved into the speculating community. In Smash, I say he probably doesn't compare to THEM, actually.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley and K. Rool don't really compare to one of the biggest names in gaming.
Yet they are from argueably better well known series. At least in Donkey Kong's case, pretty damn sure of that. But not too sure of Metroid, but it should be close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom