• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also I didn't know Saki's game was Japan-only. I think his son should make an appearance instead because at least his game was released internationally.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yet they are from argueably better well known series. At least in Donkey Kong's case, pretty damn sure of that. But not too sure of Metroid, but it should be close
Donkey Kong as a series is probably more well known, yeah, but nobody remembers K. Rool because the game was too hard to get to him. :troll:

Metroid is pretty small.

If I recall correctly, you're from Europe? I dunno, maybe Mega Man hasn't had as much of a presence there. In the US I'm sure he's going to be one of the most requested characters. Within our community, he's at the very least on par with K. Rool and Ridley.

I hardly even care about Mega Man at all, but I at least recognize he's KIND OF A BIG DEAL.

AS FOR SAKI, his game was released on the VC, so technically he's an international character now? And just by being in Brawl, he'll be more well-known.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IIRC Mega Man on the SNES was on of the hardest games ever? I tried playing one of the games before, didn't had the patience to finish the first level even.

Metroid Prime sold pretty damn well actually. And I think most Mega Man games back then hard some serious competition with Super Metroid (which I actually never got to play, yet I bought Other M.. da ***?)

And yes I'm from Europe.
To be specifical; the part where the good good green is legal :awesome:

Didn't know Saki's game was localised actually. So yeah, that makes them both legit. But you know, **** it. Let Saki be in I say. Am now sort of disapoited Mother 3 never got a localisation. Still hoping for mah FE12 though. I wanna finish Marth's whole story dammit. Also, dat My Unit...

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Ah. Doesn't seem like a big name to me anymore, so while he could get in, I'd say bigger characters first. Like MegaMan, any Belmont, Pac-Man, etc.
Yeah your probble right i my self would rather see Megaman than Spyro.

I have a filling that Megaman could get in seeing that Megaman Legends 3 was canceled,Megaman geting in smash 4 could reboot legends.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Ah. Doesn't seem like a big name to me anymore, so while he could get in, I'd say bigger characters first. Like MegaMan, any Belmont, Pac-Man, etc.
Exactly, he's not big like a lot of other potential third-party candidates, although it would be cool to see him utilize his various breath attacks and whatnot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn't count on it to reboot Legends. HOWEVER, it could help. But yeah, he honestly should've been in Brawl.

Also, I never said he wouldn't be awesome. :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also, DKC was pretty easy. But as a kid, the K.Rool battle was pretty damn hard.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Didn't Spyro have a game on the Gamecube? I seem to remember playing that.

:phone:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Didn't Spyro have a game on the Gamecube? I seem to remember playing that.

Yeas there was....

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly-2002 Gamecube.

Spyro: A Hero's Tail-2004.Gamecube.

The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning-Gamecube-2006.

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night-2007-Wii.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon-2008.Wii

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure-2011.Wii.

And hes been in a few ds games to.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IIRC Mega Man on the SNES was on of the hardest games ever? I tried playing one of the games before, didn't had the patience to finish the first level even.

Metroid Prime sold pretty damn well actually. And I think most Mega Man games back then hard some serious competition with Super Metroid (which I actually never got to play, yet I bought Other M.. da ***?)
I can beat MM games easy, heck I can speed run the first game. :smirk:

Actually I do believe that MM games outsold Metroid games back then. Super Metroid didn't even break a million from what I've found. (one of the reasons for a hiatus?)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeas there was....

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly-2002 Gamecube.

Spyro: A Hero's Tail-2004.Gamecube.

The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning-Gamecube-2006.

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night-2007-Wii.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon-2008.Wii

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure-2011.Wii.

And hes been in a few ds games to.
I think it was Enter the Dragonfly... Not sure.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can beat MM games easy, heck I can speed run the first game. :smirk:

Actually I do believe that MM games outsold Metroid games back then. Super Metroid didn't even break a million from what I've found. (one of the reasons for a hiatus?)
Supposedly, Metroid was going to be a trilogy.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
^ cool, I always though character customization would be like making your own palette swap or a Mii or something along those lines.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I still like my idea of having collectable bobble heads, like there are collectible music, trophies, stickers, etc. Also I wish the masterpieces didn't have a time limit.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hacks have removed the time limit, to note.

Anyway, I think the Mii's as customizable characters work well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So did I. Master Pieces to me felt like a sort of advertisement mostly for the Virtual Console.

And again, no Miis. None at all. Maybe feature them on a stage or something, but playable... Nah.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am thinking now that F-Zero should get a second character despite its hiatus. Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow would be fine.
Meah Sakurai and the rest of us shouldn't care about whether a series or character is on hiatus (opens the door for Tingle accidentally), but rather that the character is interesting enough and has merit to be playable. It goes back to all of Sakurai's points (I'm paraphrasing these).
  1. A character has to be important to a series or a game. No random idiots like that main characters' 15th cousin who has no role in the game.
  2. A character has to fit within the universe of smash bros.
  3. A character has to help "balance" the characters and games.
  4. A character has to make people want to play the game (more).
  5. A character has to have something new to offer.
I think Samurai Goroh fits all of that.
  1. Samurai Goroh is one of the original characters in the F-Zero series, and Captain Falcon's rival (much like Wolf to Fox). Samurai Goroh is a constant presence in the series.
  2. Samurai Goroh was in Melee's trailer and an assist trophy in Brawl, and he fit in there. Truly Samurai Goroh is fit for the smash bros universe!
  3. Samurai Goroh could help balance the roster with a move set that has many different "looks."
  4. Samurai Goroh in Melee's opening trailer makes me lust of the thought of playing him. Many echo this sentiment.
  5. Samurai Goroh would have an awesome moveset that would combine powerful hand-to-hand combat and unique katana sword play.
Pretty sure that AT LEAST ever since that... EGM's was it? April Fool's joke with Sonic in Melee, people have wanted him in Smash.
That EGM April Fool's joke made all of us want Sonic... BADLY!
Soul Calibur III is probably one of the worst SC's so far, or so I hear.
Soul Calibur IV (minus the awful Star Wars characters) and the PSP game were pretty good. Look up some of those awesome created characters.
Also, DKC was pretty easy. But as a kid, the K.Rool battle was pretty damn hard.
Aside from that snow barrel level and that platform moving oil level.
If Miis make it, the end of the world is near. :troll:
Nah, the world will only end if the Broncos win the Super Bowl! :troll:
Tim Tebow for Bawrl Smash 4!
:cool:

D

Deleted member

Mii's are one of the hardest characters to figure out. Sakurai shot them down once, but Mii's are practically a necessity as they are a big part of Nintendo's history. So IMO, the jury's decisons is still unclear.

@Johnknight1: The snow levels were indeed painfully obviously hard. Could not figure out what to do.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ SSBF
I actually beat the snow level in Donkey Kong Country in only a few tries; the same goes for that platform oil collecting mine level. But trying to collect the "KONG" letters on those two levels was painful. I'm pretty sure that's where Miyamoto got his frustration about Donkey Kong Country. "DAMN OIL KEEPS RUNNING OUR EARLY SO I CAN'T GET THE O!" rage indeed! :laugh:

Also, I think Miis can work as a NPC, too. Imagine a Mii-based stage where you saw your Miis or your friends' Miis in the background. That would rock!

Also, if the Miis are to be playable, they better be a more interesting character choice than the best (Nintendo-owned) character not playable in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. Otherwise I'm going to have to file a "no" on them. That is ultimately my only problem with the Miis. Currently I am only slightly for them, kinda like how I was with Bowser Jr. in Brawl before Brawl was released. I liked Bowser Jr. then, but the possibility of a playable Shadow Mario bugged the heck out of me. I didn't/don't mind Bowser Jr. using a paintbrush, though... assuming there is no Shadow Mario involved at all. Shadow Mario just... grrh.... :urg:
What was funny though was some guy pre-Brawl was running around here saying Squirtle was more likely than Lucario. Everyone flamed him, but you can only imagine what happened when Pokemon Trainer showed up on the Dojo.
lol sandman. Idiots said Magicarp was more important to Pokémon than Lucario, and more likely. That fool disappeared the second Lucario was accidentally confirmed, after he initially denounced it and said it wasn't 100% confirmed. :troll:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Can't the Miis replace the Alloys or something I don't want to fight Michael Jacksons or Lady Gaga's online.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can't the Miis replace the Alloys or something I don't want to fight Michael Jacksons or Lady Gaga's online.
That's if we can use the Mii's online. By this alone, I hope not. Good for multiplayer, but I don't like them as the new Enemy Team. I find it more fun to play as them. All the enemy teams were unplayable outside of cheats, and and were Original Characters as is. I have a feeling the next one will be based upon the inner workings of the characters like the Polygons, Wire Frames, and Alloys were.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hmmm... I want to change my avatar again. Maybe something with Doopliss and my Kirby character...

@Oasis: Really?! He does?! I want to see Saki in Smash even more now! :D

I could make an avatar for you like that. If you'd like. Just gimmie the images, and I can hook you up with some sweet stuff :)

Slightly above Ridley and K.Rool perhaps, but nothing too intense I'd say.
Nothing too intense... Lol and we're talking about Sonic... XD

So who thinks Spyro could have a chance in smash 4?

Hes owned by Vivendi Universal Games).
I'd LOVE Spyro in SSB4, but it's highly unlikely...

He also had two games for the GBA, Season of Ice and Season of Fire.
And the newest one, Skylanders.

Nice.... I really just want Custom Characters. No Miis, no Mii-alikes. JUST creation of your own.

Hacks have removed the time limit, to note.

Anyway, I think the Mii's as customizable characters work well.
T-T So would normal custom creation characters.

If Miis make it, the end of the world is near. :troll:

If Ridley comes in as a playable character, and becomes the lowest tier, the world will shatter :troll:

I'd fight Indiana Jones all day :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How would people feel if Boom Boom appeared as one of Adventure Mode's mid-bosses. I did have an input for him in that department...

[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

Boom Boom is basically a close combat mid-boss who only appears in ambush portions of levels. He can jump high, perform body charges, and even withdraw into his shell to ram into players. Boom Boom can also perform a spin attack that can rack up damage against players as well, but this will leave him dizzy afterwards.

Boom Boom's HP is as follows...

Very Easy: 200 HP
Easy: 225 HP
Normal: 250 HP
Hard: 275 HP
Very Hard: 300 HP
Intense: 400 HP

Like all mid-bosses, Boom Boom is immune to grabs, and moves that involve grabbing will have no effect on him. Boom Boom can still be turned into a trophy with the Trophy Stand though.

In The Arena, Boom Boom appears as part of the "Mid-Boss All-Stars" battle round.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
KONG letters in the SNES DKCs wheren't neccecery to collect to complete the level 100%, you had actual bonus levels for that, ones that wheren't the same 65% of the time :/ The snow levels where kinda hard in DKC 1 though, but rarely frustrating or unfair. Plus dat scenery... Still beats about every modern day game in my opinion.

And exactly... Miis would only allow crazy **** in Smash. Michael Jackson and Lady Gaga can sit this one out. Leave them at Wii Play or something?

Custom characters is a big NO! for me as well. Allow us to customise the actual characters instead.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I could make an avatar for you like that. If you'd like. Just gimmie the images, and I can hook you up with some sweet stuff :)

Nothing too intense... Lol and we're talking about Sonic... XD

I'd LOVE Spyro in SSB4, but it's highly unlikely...

And the newest one, Skylanders.

Nice.... I really just want Custom Characters. No Miis, no Mii-alikes. JUST creation of your own.

T-T So would normal custom creation characters.

If Ridley comes in as a playable character, and becomes the lowest tier, the world will shatter :troll:

I'd fight Indiana Jones all day :troll:
I may take you up on that. But I'll have to get my Internet up first. I don't know how to stick a picture into a message. BTW, what about original images? My avatar(kinda, in a different pose) is part of it. Along with two other fan characters. And Doopliss.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Diddy- Customizing the characters' movesets a la DBZ: Budokai, or just cosmetics like customizing the characters' outfits? Either way is fine by me

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
No activity? About time. We needed a chill time.

So, anyways, here's a Young Link moveset, made by my friend, Pikabolit. Before you read it, I want you to know that he doesn't like the fact that certain items aren't used for Link's disposle, so he added the nessasary items (I helped him none).

[COLLAPSE="Young Link PB Version"]
(B): Flare Arrow
He fires an Arrow that's on fire. The arrow can stick onto opponents, and do some damage, like a Red Pikmin. The difference is that it doesn't fall off for 3 seconds, and can't be shaken off. It doesn't cause Flinch on burn.

(B)>: Slingshot
He fires a Deku Seed at the opponent. It fires straight forward, and is as strong as Pit's (B) move. The difference is that it can cause paralysis at times (Rare Sweet Spot, which is one character space hit).

(B)v: Bottle Splash
He brings out a jar, and whips it in front of himself. He'll throw either Water, Bugs, or at rare times, Faries. When Water is thrown out, it pushes the opponent away. If it's Bugs, they'll swarm anyone in the first character space in front of Young Link, and keep dealing damage successfully. They'll leave once they dodge roll alot. But the fariy will come out, and circle Young Link three times. If he's attacked, the fairy will flee, but if not, Young Link will heal 50% (35 in Stanima).

(B)^: Energy Spin Attack
Aerial: He stops in midair, then executes a Spin Attack. He goes higher, as well.
Ground: Just like Link/TL, you can charge, but when fully charged, he'll also let an energy slice throw out as well, gaining another character space worth of an attack.

FS: Song of Storms
He'll play the Song of Storms, and a strong storm destorys the arena. Lightning strikes will randomly strike, and the wind blows left VERY strongly. After playing the verse, Young Link has action, but has no effects to the lighning and wind. [/COLLAPSE]
I meant to comment on this but I forgot.

I do like the moveset, especially Bottle Splash. Concerning that, though, I have one question about the fairy. When you/your friend talks about being attacked, does that mean that Young Link will have to sustain damage, or will the fairy piss off even if the opponent hits YL's shielf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom