• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Speaking of bugs, Scizor or Heracross would've been good Second gen reps than a certain Pikachu evolution who was in Melee instead.

:phone:
Pichu is hands down the best choice for a second Gen Rep. Hands down.

Suicune, and PT would be good choices, but that's about it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Heracross? Lol, I remember the first time I ever caught one of those. Why in the hell I wasted a Master Ball on that when I had like 5 Nest Balls with me then I have no idea :facepalm:

But yeah, Heracross would be a nice choice for Smash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Heracross would've probably got chosen due to popularity if Sakurai had more time. It was a time issue.

Genesect FTW, though.
Hmmm. Never even thought about that before. I actually think that would have been really cool. And yeah, as far as cool factor goes, Genesect kicks the **** out of Zoroark/Victini. I just don't know how he would play.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmmm. Never even thought about that before. I actually think that would have been really cool. And yeah, as far as cool factor goes, Genesect kicks the **** out of Zoroark/Victini. I just don't know how he would play.

Well, looking at his design, he can do a ton of Slashes, and tons of bug attacks as is. As well as having stuff like a Rocket Backpack(but not like Diddy's, more like PK Rocket), and some laser attacks.

Plus other obvious stuff like Megahorn, String Shot, or real any Bug type move. Slash, Scratch, Cut, I could see him doing some tripping attacks. He's very easy to work with.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I think it's sure a new Metroid character will be added, uprising mentions metroid (not gonna spoil how, but it's funny) and also I want a few characters added. The blonde girl, Viridi, and Palutena all interest me as playable characters.

Kid Icarus uprising has really impressed me, and I think in the next smash single player mode we can expect voices on people like Samus, Snake, Pikachu (noises now) maybe Ness/Lucas, Pit, Palutena/whatever other gods added.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For all you Geno fans, I would like to note, that on my poll, he is the second most wanted third party~ (Not Including Sonic or Snake)

6th Megaman (263)
24th Geno / Mallow (137) [Tied with Paper Mario]
31st Banjo & Kazooie (122)
35th Bomberman (102)
40th Professor Layton (94)
49th Final Fantasy (77)
55th Dragon Quest (68)
ect.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Genesect is cool, although I can't really imagine how it would fight or would even look like as a character.

@Horsetail: I just got to Chapter 9, you'll probably beat me though as I have some work to do that will take a while. :p

I'm rather surprised though, as that Chapter is the Medusa fight chapter. Not to mention pretty much everything shown in the trailers came from only this small section of the game itself. I honestly thought that Medusa would be in more chapters instead of just the first nine. That's barely a third of the game.

smashbot226

Smash Master
For all you Geno fans, I would like to note, that on my poll, he is the second most wanted third party~ (Not Including Sonic or Snake)

6th Megaman (263)
24th Geno / Mallow (137) [Tied with Paper Mario]
31st Banjo & Kazooie (122)
35th Bomberman (102)
40th Professor Layton (94)
49th Final Fantasy (77)
55th Dragon Quest (68)
ect.
I had no idea 24th counted as second most wanted. That's certainly news to me. Although in all seriousness I'm still surprised as hell that people still want Geno.

Also you can change the menu theme later, so I think next smash might have customizable menus!
Woah there, I don't think I would give Sakurai THAT much credit.

Genesect is cool, although I can't really imagine how it would fight or would even look like as a character.
Really? He wouldn't be that difficult to think of, I'd probably be able to make a full moveset for him in a matter of hours.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

@Horsetail: I just got to Chapter 9, you'll probably beat me though as I have some work to do that will take a while. :p

I'm rather surprised though, as that Chapter is the Medusa fight chapter. Not to mention pretty much everything shown in the trailers came from only this small section of the game itself. I honestly thought that Medusa would be in more chapters instead of just the first nine. That's barely a third of the game.
I noticed there is a small Zelda reference in that chapter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That reminds me. Is there a particular reason why he uses the same "theme" for his menus from Kirby Air Ride and on? Is that like his signature or something? IDK, I'd like to see something different come next Smash, but I'm not expecting it.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Genesect is cool, although I can't really imagine how it would fight or would even look like as a character[/SPOILER]
The only problem is that Genesect hasn't done anything signiaficant, so I doubt we'd get him over the 600+ other Pokes they could choose. He would be cool though.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Of course Genesect hasn't done anything significant, it hasn't even been officially revealed by Nintendo yet
That doesn't really change the moveset potential he has. He's sort of like a Pokemon version of Mega Man in that he can change his arm cannon to fire different types of munitions. That, plus whatever else he can learn, pretty much solidifies any complaints about a boring moveset.

Doesn't change the fact that Zoroark has a better chance of making it, but yeah.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That doesn't really change the moveset potential he has. He's sort of like a Pokemon version of Mega Man in that he can change his arm cannon to fire different types of munitions. That, plus whatever else he can learn, pretty much solidifies any complaints about a boring moveset.

Doesn't change the fact that Zoroark has a better chance of making it, but yeah.
Wait, "different types of munitions"? I thought he could only fire the standard type of energy blasts from his arm cannon. Hmmm, I'm even more interested in him now than I was when I first heard of and saw him

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I really don't get Smashboards. There are serious discussions about Impa, Weavel, Leon Powalski, WADDLE DEE, et-****ing-cetera, but mention Geno and you get torn to shreds. Herp... Derp...

Luckily, as Chrono has shown us, the Japanese seem to have a LITTLE rationality(Except Waluigi). The lack of interest in new series is pretty alarming, but it's to be expected after Brawl's roster. As for retro characters, I couldn't care less about them either.

I'm all down for the Geno. I just don't think it's gonna happen. I will say that I don't see any of the other characters you mentioned getting in either.

Aren't the Japanese also notoriously trendy?

And Geno is Smash's Poison.

Deal with it.
How? That doesn't make any sense. I think you just try to fine things to relate to Street Fighter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, "different types of munitions"? I thought he could only fire the standard type of energy blasts from his arm cannon. Hmmm, I'm even more interested in him now than I was when I first heard of and saw him
IIRC, the type of Techno Buster changes depending on the inserted disk. I think it has fire, water, ice, and electric disks.

Perhaps he can have his Down B be "Change Disk?" He can shoot the old one at the foe and put in the next in the preset order.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think this would work well as Pit's alternate costume. It is how Pit looked in the last level of the NES game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Does anyone think Sakurai will confirm that some Fallen Five characters will be brought back? He did reveal that there would be some cuts early on last time. I think he will definitely mention whether there will be cuts this time, and if there are, he should simply just mention which characters they will be.

Also, I am still seeing Japanese comparisons of Krom to Ike. One interesting thing I saw was someone asking for Marth to have his FE13 voice actress in Smash 4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Does anyone think Sakurai will confirm that some Fallen Five characters will be brought back? He did reveal that there would be some cuts early on last time. I think he will definitely mention whether there will be cuts this time, and if there are, he should simply just mention which characters they will be.

Also, I am still see Japanese comparisons of Krom to Ike.
Hahahaha... if Sakurai simply mentioned which characters he plans to cut... many fans will be complaining and spamming his Twitter begging and pleading him to not cut those specific characters and threatening to not buy the game or hurt Sakurai. And then Sakurai will think that fans don't really want new characters, they just want the same old characters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hahahaha... if Sakurai simply mentioned which characters he plans to cut... many fans will be complaining and spamming his Twitter begging and pleading him to not cut those specific characters and threatening to not buy the game or hurt Sakurai. And then Sakurai will think that fans don't really want new characters, they just want the same old characters.
Its really just Mewtwo and Roy that get a lot of requests to return. Also, no one wants to see any of Brawl's characters cut. Dr. Mario does not get much requests outside of returning as a costume, and Pichu and Young Link don't either.

Speaking of Young/Toon Link, I am curious what design for Link will be used in Zelda 3DS. I am expecting a Zelda 3DS to be unveiled at E3 2012.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I think I read somewhere it would be closer to young link than toon link but I don't have a source.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hard to say... all I want is Link, Zelda, and either Ganondorf or Demise (I am open to either one of them since Ganondorf is really the reincarnation of Demise anyway), and Tingle. I am also open to Impa replacing Sheik but I am fine with Sheik returning. If Sakurai decides to throw in a surprise Zelda character (who isn't Tingle), I hope that surprise is Masked Link where you transform from Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link (in that order) with Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash as a way to promote the eventual Majora's Mask 3D (please yes!).

EDIT: Oh, but I would take Ganon (the pig demon from the NES/SNES games and FSA) over Ganondorf and Demise anyway.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL Demise. Silly silly Demise. He should never ever replace Ganondorf.

And the Majora's Mask Link sounds like too much work to be worth it. :urg: It would be pretty awesome if it happened, though... :ohwell:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, I am still seeing Japanese comparisons of Krom to Ike. One interesting thing I saw was someone asking for Marth to have his FE13 voice actress in Smash 4.
Well that is silly of them than because he isn't. Their blades are nothing alike. Also, eww no actress for Marth.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL Demise. Silly silly Demise. He should never ever replace Ganondorf.

And the Majora's Mask Link sounds like too much work to be worth it... :ohwell:
Pokemon Trainer was too much work and it shouldn't be attempted again with another character. Won't somebody please think of the development team!? :(

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Pokémon Trainer had 3 better characters ideas than the Majora's Mask Link idea, and 1 less character. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are also much more popular, and "fit" in smash better. The only problem is it took like 3 seconds (which is longer than a Falcon Punch) to switch between them because everything in Brawl was slow and stale.

Also, can we all just agree Brawl's story never happened, it shouldn't have a sequel be built upon it, and the entire series' story (if there is any) should be started anew.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Pokémon Trainer had 3 better characters ideas than the Majora's Mask Link idea, and 1 less character. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are also much more popular, and "fit" in smash better. The only problem is it took like 3 seconds (which is longer than a Falcon Punch) to switch between them because everything in Brawl was slow and stale.
At least Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link are better than most of the one-time characters the Zelda series is famous for. Honestly, I would love to have Ocarina of Time reps (Link, Zelda/Sheik (or Impa), Ganondorf) and Majora's Mask reps (Masked Link and Tingle). It is pretty much agreed that the N64 titles are the best games in the whole series anyway.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link are better than most of the one-time characters the Zelda series is famous for. Honestly, I would love to have Ocarina of Time reps (Link, Zelda/Sheik (or Impa), Ganondorf) and Majora's Mask reps (Masked Link and Tingle). It is pretty much agreed that the N64 titles are the best games in the whole series anyway.
I think that A Link to the Past and the original Legend of Zelda are vastly superior to Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. A lot of people agree on the former who have played more than just a handful of Zelda games. I find many people who say Ocarina of Time is the best in the series haven't played many Zelda games at all, or at least not many of the older ones.

However, I agree with you that the idea of a Masked Link would be awesome. I'm just basically giving you the reason why it isn't happening. If it happened (assuming they kept Toon Link, or he was a part of the Masked Link), I would be all for it.
I think Sakurai's answer will be "maybe" just to play mind games on us.
I think this would work well as Pit's alternate costume. It is how Pit looked in the last level of the NES game.
That would actually be pretty cool. Whatever makes Pit less annoying is cool beans. :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well that is silly of them than because he isn't. Their blades are nothing alike. Also, eww no actress for Marth.
I don't know, Sealed Sword Falchion does look pretty big. As for FE13 Marth, I have already seen two requests for him, and one specifically for FE13 Marth's "voice".

[COLLAPSE="FE13 artwork"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seeing as how Krom looks maybe 6 feet tall at best (if he was Japanese, he would be shorter than Kirby), :awesome: that sword is maybe 4 feet long.

That's about as long as Marth's Falchion is.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't know, Sealed Sword Falchion does look pretty big. As for FE13 Marth, I have already seen two requests for him, and one specifically for FE13 Marth's "voice".

[COLLAPSE="Col"]

[/COLLAPSE]
It's not the length, but the weight. That was the whole thing about Ike is he was wielding a two handed sword. Krom essentially wields the same blade as Marth, difference is in Awakening the design of Falchion has a more longsword appearance. Because of these things Krom and Ike do fight differently. Plus Krom's design is so different from, well, any lord that trying to compare him would be difficult. The only one he does compare to is Marth.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can see that being a new Final Smash actually. I'm a little surprised that they didn't make that his Final Smash in the first place.

Pokemon Trainer was too much work and it shouldn't be attempted again with another character. Won't somebody please think of the development team!? :(
Like Zelda/Sheik, Pokemon Trainer really just needs some refinements.

1. Get rid of fatigue.
2. Decrease the loading time for switching.
3. Allow the Pokemon Trainer to combo into switches with special canceling.

One thing I've told friends of mine is that if you want a student to learn, you gotta make them want to learn. So, aside from the proposed changes above, Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik need to be changed up where there is a greater incentive to have team synergy than to play standalone. Of course, I'd prefer if Zelda and Sheik broke up, but that's another topic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that A Link to the Past and the original Legend of Zelda are vastly superior to Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time. A lot of people agree on the former who have played more than just a handful of Zelda games. I find many people who say Ocarina of Time is the best in the series haven't played many Zelda games at all, or at least not many of the older ones.

However, I agree with you that the idea of a Masked Link would be awesome. I'm just basically giving you the reason why it isn't happening. If it happened (assuming they kept Toon Link, or he was a part of the Masked Link), I would be all for it.
I have played all of the Zelda games except for the DS games and OOT3D. I think NES Zelda 1 is still one of the best NES games of all time... but I don't think it aged gracefully compared to SNES Zelda, which I consider one of the best SNES games of all time... and I feel it is superior to the NES titles. OOT is basically a 3D ALTTP but I have to admit it really did change how we play games and it was a big improvement over the first four Zelda games.

IMO, my top 5 favorite Zelda games go like this:
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Link to the Past
4. Wind Waker
5. Oracle of Seasons / Ages

I would be happy if they cut one of my mains (Toon Link) if it meant getting Masked Link who is really Young Link who transforms into Deku/Goron/Zora Link but we never get to play as Young Link but we do see him during the introduction (where he puts on a mask), after the match ends (where he takes off a mask), and on the character select screen (a la Pokemon Trainer).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It's not the length, but the weight. That was the whole thing about Ike is he was wielding a two handed sword. Krom essentially wields the same blade as Marth, difference is in Awakening the design of Falchion has a more longsword appearance. Because of these things Krom and Ike do fight differently. Plus Krom's design is so different from, well, any lord that trying to compare him would be difficult. The only one he does compare to is Marth.
It's not the length, but the weight.

We don't how much Sealed Sword Falchion weighs. We do know that it has infinite uses.

That was the whole thing about Ike is he was wielding a two handed sword.

Krom and Marth seem to be holding Sealed Sword Falchion with two hands. Look at the hilt.

Krom essentially wields the same blade as Marth, difference is in Awakening the design of Falchion has a more longsword appearance.

Krom and Marth have the same blade in FE13 yes, but its obvious that Sealed Sword Falchion is a different holy weapon than the Falchion of Marth's time. We are not even sure whether its even the Falchion of Marth's time. We will find out though about this once FE13 is released.

Because of these things Krom and Ike do fight differently.

That is your opinion. Elsewhere, I have seen people compare his fighting style to Ike.

Plus Krom's design is so different from, well, any lord that trying to compare him would be difficult.

I have seen people compare his design to FE10 Ike. Specifically the shoulder pad, and having one completely bare arm.

The only one he does compare to is Marth

LOLNO. For a lord that was obviously based off Marth, look at Celice (of which the Tyrfing looks almost the same as the Marth's Falchion).

The best thing is to wait for FE13's release before a proper assessment can be made.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have played all of the Zelda games except for the DS games and OOT3D. I think NES Zelda 1 is still one of the best NES games of all time... but I don't think it aged gracefully compared to SNES Zelda, which I consider one of the best SNES games of all time... and I feel it is superior to the NES titles. OOT is basically a 3D ALTTP but I have to admit it really did change how we play games and it was a big improvement over the first four Zelda games.

IMO, my top 5 favorite Zelda games go like this:
1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Link to the Past
4. Wind Waker
5. Oracle of Seasons / Ages
I actually think the original Legend of Zelda has aged beautifully. That game is still hard as heck, fun of heck, and full of awesome secrets. Plus to be quite frank, all the Zelda games after A Link to the Past are super duper easy. Like you have to be dreadful at them, not know how to use the Z/L-lock system, or doing the 3 heart challenge to die. And to be honest, A Link to the Past's world is much more interesting and larger than Ocarina of Time's world IMO. Ocarina of Time IMO really is a pretty boring game if all you do is run around and explore, whereas ALTTP is fun as heck.

My top 5 Zelda games are:
1. The Legend of Zelda
2. A Link to the Past
3. Ocarina of Time
4. the Wind Waker
5. Majora's Mask
I would be happy if they cut one of my mains (Toon Link) if it meant getting Masked Link who is really Young Link who transforms into Deku/Goron/Zora Link but we never get to play as Young Link but we do see him during the introduction (where he puts on a mask), after the match ends (where he takes off a mask), and on the character select screen (a la Pokemon Trainer).
Nah, keep Toon Link and make 'em separate.

Also, I think Krom is going to be someone of a brutally strong character like Ike but with a simple one-handed sword. I really like the way that sounds. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom