• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
My character pool?

Ummmm, uhhh, these are the newcomers/returning vets that I GUESS I'm predicting for Smash 4:

Mario- Toad

Zelda- N/A

Pokemon- Mewtwo
5th gen Pokemon (namely Victini or Zoroark)

Donkey Kong- Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Yoshi- N/A

Wario- N/A

Kirby- N/A

Kid Icarus- Palutena

F-Zero- Samurai Goroh

Metroid- Ridley

Punch-Out!!!! (new series)- Little Mac

Star Fox- I'm just gonna go with Krystal just because I have a feeling Sakurai'll end up including her

Pikmin- N/A

Fire Emblem- Roy
Chrome (I guess?)

Golden Sun (new series)- Isaac

Sin and Punishment (new series)- Saki

Retro- Takamaru

Mach Rider

Third Party- Mega Man (Only one third party this time, I guess)

So, all in all, about 17 new characters, 3 new series (not including retro/third parties)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
lol @ anything other than Pit being a KI "shoe in"

I'll make a pool of newcomers right now, Im bored.
I think Palutena stands a pretty good chance at this point. Not going to say shoe in status, but I see her being a highly requested character. Plus, given that Uprising offers several new options for Pit's Final Smash it might free Palutena to move onto the playable role.

Oh, and here is the add on.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I better do a sig of "Palutena for SSB4" like ones in my signature sometime. (-^v^-)

I really think she has a shot now, BTW. Gonna main her so bad- I'm gonna get back at my lil bro and his devastating Zelda and her broken light arrows.

Who else's gonna main Palutena?

Doing my pool soon-

Triple Hyper: Okey? (-'.'-)

John: WASN'T IT OBVIOUS FOR ANYONE ALREADY ANYWAY?

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I finally joined Club Nintendo. In the survey, it said, "How did you find out about Club Nintendo?"

My reply: "Doc Louis from Punch-Out!!"

I can tell they're gonna love me.

But Doc should be in as an AT or Taunt for Mac.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Palutena stands a pretty good chance at this point. Not going to say shoe in status, but I see her being a highly requested character. Plus, given that Uprising offers several new options for Pit's Final Smash it might free Palutena to move onto the playable role.
I will say she is the definite choice for SSB4, and she has a DECENT SHOT, but I don't know, it might just be me, but, I'm not quite sold on anything from KI anymore. I really need to reevaluate my prediction roster though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seriously, It shouldn't be that big of an issue to you anyway.
It's called a joke good sir. ;)
lol @ anything other than Pit being a KI "shoe in"
Seriously, it's becoming taboo. Y'all forgetting about Ridleys and t3h Mega Manz! :awesome:
John: WASN'T IT OBVIOUS FOR ANYONE ALREADY ANYWAY?
Yeppers. :bee:
So I finally joined Club Nintendo. In the survey, it said, "How did you find out about Club Nintendo?"

My reply: "Doc Louis from Punch-Out!!"

I can tell they're gonna love me.
This made me lulz. :cool:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think I'll main Palutena too if she gets in, Horsetail

But, what I REALLY want to ask, what EXACTLY do people see in Bowser Jr. that makes him a serious candidate? I still don't quite get it, so I'm just curious

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I'll main Palutena too if she gets in, Horsetail
I might. Hot girl and all. :p

But, what I REALLY want to ask, what EXACTLY do people see in Bowser Jr. that makes him a serious candidate? I still don't quite get it, so I'm just curious
Most notable non-spin-off Mario villain available. However, the only Mario character I can see getting in is honestly Doctor Mario coming back. The rest is too high in the air. There could be another Wario character, or maybe Kamek or Shy Guy for Yoshi characters.

Also, he's got the paintbrush and Shadow Mario transformation. So it's easy to find him as unique enough.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Mario - Bowser Jr
Zelda - Ghirahim/Vaati
Metroid - Ridley
Kirby - None
Pokemon - Zoroark/Mewtwo/Genesect/Deoxys (Either one would be fine)
Starfox - None
F-Zero - Samurai Goroh
Fire Emblem - Ceada/Krom
Mother - None
Kid Icarus - Palutena/Medusa (I'd personally prefer both)
Miscellaneous - Saki/Isaac
Retro - Takamaru/Lip/Little Mac
3rd Party Megaman/Travis

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I wonder if Marth will look like this in this game if he does it'll be pretty badass

What do you guys think?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I will say she is the definite choice for SSB4, and she has a DECENT SHOT, but I don't know, it might just be me, but, I'm not quite sold on anything from KI anymore. I really need to reevaluate my prediction roster though.
I think everyone was hyping Kid Icarus before we knew much about it, and it burned out a lot of people. Truth is that Kid Icarus deserves the hype it has received, it is a phenomenal game that's only drawback appears to be it's controls. If this game does not show exactly why Sakurai is the best man for the Super Smash Bros series I am not sure what can convince people.

I like Palutena is because of the banter between her and Pit. They come off as a great duo, and she has developed a little bit more of her own personality. Unlike other people who were holding out to see Palutena and Medusa's "fighter potential" that is not something that really mattered considering characters such as Zelda, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Capt. Falcon, and R.O.B.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My predictions.

Mario: Toad, Bowser Jr

Zelda: Tingle

DK: Dixie Kong, King K.Rool

Kirby: Bandanna Dee

Pokèmon: Victini, Zoroark

Yoshi: N/A Or Kamek

Metroid: Ridley

Starfox: N/A or Krystal

Fire Emblem: Krom. /I want to see Caeda and Roy though/

Wario: N/A

F-Zero: Black Shadow

Kid Icarus: Palutena

Pikmin: Louie /I'm serious/

Retro: Takamaru, Mach Rider

New series:

Nintendo Puzzles: Lip, Dr.Mario /revamped/

Sin & Punishment: Saki, Airan

Golden Sun: Isaac, Felix

Legendary Starfy: Starfy & Moe

Punch-Out!: Little Mac

3rd Party: Megaman

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like Palutena is because of the banter between her and Pit. They come off as a great duo, and she has developed a little bit more of her own personality. Unlike other people who were holding out to see Palutena and Medusa's "fighter potential" that is not something that really mattered considering characters such as Zelda, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Capt. Falcon, and R.O.B.
Thank you! Someone has been listening to my crazy arguments.

I'm on Chapter 7 now. I love the remix of the Overworld (NES) theme. :3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I need to play as Ridley and Mega Man if once I get my hands on Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. :awesome:

Edit: This needs to the song that plays during the first trailer of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. That or play this song for epic nostalgia or for epic nostalgia click here.

Then, afterwards, everything will be HYPE, HYPE, HYPE after a majorly awesome HINT, HINT, HINT!!!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I agree with Star and Tri, KI has shown that if you look hard and I mean really hard some video games know how to develop a character and/or give personality, i.e. the Palutena we have now.

I wasn't expect much fight out of her but her character itself is what I enjoy.

Also speaking of the P&P banter in KI:U it brings up something that interests me. How about in team matches characters that are from the same series or make a special match (Sonic&Mario) have a little convo after winning the match or during the countdown of a match.

Just something to ponder.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
[COLLAPSE="Brawl Trophies"]Toad:
One of the servants at Peach's Castle in the Mushroom Kingdom. Toads give off a strong sense of peace. Most feature white heads with red polka dots, but there are other colors as well. Toad's incredible uprooting speed in Super Mario Bros. 2 is unrivaled, adding to the rumor of his superhuman strength...however out of place it might seem.
Junior:
Bowser's son, who appears in Super Mario Sunshine calling Princess Peach his mother--he feels so strongly about her that he kidnaps her. Somewhat spoiled by his father, Bowser Jr. comes off as being on the selfish side. His bib is decorated with drawn-on fangs and worn like a mask--it's most likely an effort to appear more menacing.
Waluigi:
A twig-thin man who sees himself as Luigi's ultimate rival. He spent a long time working silently in the shadow of the Mario Bros. before finally becoming strong enough to compete with them in Mario Tennis. Since then, he's had many brilliant game appearances. While the nature of his relationship to Wario is a mystery, the pair have hatched some devious schemes together.
Dixie:
Diddy Kong's cutie of a girlfriend with an adorable blond ponytail. That ponytail is hardly for show--it helps propel her through the air for extended hang time and is indispensable for spin-attacking enemies and lifting barrels. Watch out--Dixie packs more power than you might imagine!
King K. Rool:
The supreme commander of the Kremling Krew. King K. Rool steals bananas from Donkey Kong and ends up kidnapping Diddy Kong. He is so good at playing dead that sometimes the credits even roll as he lies there, feigning defeat. His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
Tingle:
A strange little man easily spotted by his trademark green bodysuit, bright nose, and pointy beard. Tingle has frequently appeared around Hyrule and always lets those he meets know that he's a fairy and selling homemade maps. In a recent adventure, Tingle escapes a sad and dreary life to embark on a magical adventure in the delightful, dreamlike paradise of Rupeeland.
Midna:
A mysterious masked being. Midna was a princess in the Twilight Realm who was transformed into an imp by Zant. Midna's personality is characterized by a sharp tongue and a tendency to act on whims. Midna pairs with Link to save the world. She also possesses powerful magic skills, such as the ability to warp through space
Toon Zelda:
The rightful successor of the throne and descendant of the true royal bloodline of Hyrule. She strove to put an end to the ongoing battles with Ganondorf. As the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom, she became a target of the resurrected Ganondorf. Although she was hidden in Hyrule Castle, Ganondorf managed to find and kidnap her.
Ridley:
The leader of the Space Pirates. He looks like a pterosaur but has high intelligence and a brutal nature. He plans to steal the baby Metroid from Samus for his own use. Ridley utilizes wings for a full range of flight and attacks with fireballs from his mouth and whips of his tail. As the culprit behind the murder of Samus's parents, the connections with Samus run deep.
Krystal:
A member of the Star Fox team welcomed in Star Fox Adventures after the team met her on planet Sauria when responding to a distress signal. Krystal is capable of telepathy and is a valuable member in combat. After becoming romantically involved with Fox, their relationship gets very rocky in Star Fox Command.
Deoxys:
A DNA Pokémon born through the mutation of the DNA of a space virus. It has multiple formes, and the abilities it possesses and the techniques it can remember change from forme to forme. It has four formes: normal, attack, defense, and speed. It can be made to change formes by using the power of a meteorite in Veilstone City.
Meowth:
A Scratch Cat Pokémon. It's one of the most famous Pokémon and very fond of things that glitter--the gold medallion on its head could be seen as an indicator of this infatuation. There are many Pokémon that resemble cats, but Meowth is the only one that can use Pay Day to receive coins at the end of battle. It evolves into Persian.
Mewtwo:
A Genetic Pokémon. This legendary Pokémon was based on a recombination of Mew's DNA, created by a scientist after years of research. However, Mewtwo greatly differs from Mew in both size and personality and is said to be the most twisted and savage Pokémon ever. Mewtwo has incredibly high combat abilities and uses Psychic-type attack
Villager:
The male player character from Animal Crossing. He feels the need to set out on his own and move into town. Chatting with neighbors is a given, but there are a ton of other things to do as well, like collecting furniture, customizing rooms, catching fish and bugs, digging up fossils, etc. He may get bee stung or fall in a pit, but he still has fun.
Goroh:
A man who presents himself as a bounty hunter much like Captain Falcon but is also the boss of a notorious bandit group. He tries to collect criminal bounties but always fails to beat Captain Falcon to the collar. He considers himself Falcon's archrival and always tries to beat him in F-Zero races. His machine, the Fire Stingray (#05), has a high top speed.
Lyn:
A 15-year-old nomadic girl. Lyn is a strong-willed youth whose skill with the blade draws many admirers. Lyn sets out on her quest to become a master swordsman after coming to the aid of a fallen traveler. She soon learns she's a living member of the nobility of Lycia, a neighboring country. Soon she's involved in a violent dispute over the ascension of the Caelin throne.
Black Knight:
One of Daein's Four Riders and wielder of the blessed sword Ettard. Once an apprentice to Ike's father, Greil, the two eventually duel, resulting in Greil's defeat. Thought to be dead after losing to Ike and the blessed sword Ragnell, the Black Knight survives and comes to the aid of Micaiah, the leader of the Dawn Brigade, a band of Daein freedom fighters.
Palutena:
The ruling goddess of Angel Land. Palutena showered the earth with rays of light, using her powers for the good of mankind. But Medusa, who in her hate for mankind was banished to the underworld, makes war on Palutena and wins, capturing and holding the goddess deep within a temple. Palutena entrusts Pit with a sacred bow and the task of defeating Medusa.
Starfy:
The prince of the kingdom of Tenkai. He's a bit spacey and clumsy, but when he sets his mind to something, he gives it his all. Stafy gets help from his friends Kyorosuke the clam and the wizened Lobjii-san. Stafy sometimes dons a pig suit and throws pork cutlets. In Densetsu No Stafy 3, Stafy meets Wario and goes with him to steal the treasures of the deep.
Little Mac:
A lightweight scrapper from the Bronx. After meeting with a former boxing great named Doc Louis who fell from glory, Mac takes Doc on as his coach, and together the pair try for the championship belt in the WVBA. Little Mac works his way up the ranks of the WVBA, taking out foes several times his size. By landing multiple blows, Little Mac gains a [star] uppercut.
Ray MK:
The custom robo used by the main character. It's the latest Shining Fighter model in the Ray line of robots, which appears throughout the Custom Robo series. The main character switches from his beloved Ray Mk II to this model after his sister and father develop it. This one has a great balance between built-in abilities and ease and depth of available customization.
Isaac:
A strong-willed Psynergy adept of the bloodline of an ancient race thought to have been lost with the downfall of civilization. He can manipulate earth-based forces and is also a highly skilled swordsman. He sets out to protect a lighthouse that can release the sealed powers of alchemy. In Smash Bros., he uses "Move" energy, which creates an energy field that pushes foes away.
Saki:
A member of a rescue group that hunts aliens known as Ruffians that prey on mankind. He's killed by Ruffians, but the advance scout Achi resuscitates him, and he gains remarkable physical prowess and becomes the hunt leader. During a battle, he transforms into a Ruffian, and his companion Airan helps him recover. He's optimistic and copes well with danger.
[/COLLAPSE]

Opinions?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Pikmin: Louie /I'm serious/
This x 10^23.

I have a moveset for Louie that involves swarming (as in C-Stick) Pikmin rather than throwing them (it helps if one has played the games). It's still a clone moveset, but it's heavily Luigified and gives Louie total control of the ground game.

Hell, if clones are really not such a big deal like everyone around here says, then Louie actually stands decent chances. He will be in Pikmin 3, and that will be a flagship launch title for the Wii U. I'd rather have a super-Luigified Olimar clone than a clone of just about anyone else.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
SRS BSNS SPECULATION:

I honestly don't know what to expect when it comes to Mario newcomers. For me, they're about as hard to narrow down as who'll be the 5th gen Pokemon newcomers. Paper Mario seems like a good choice to put in, but if he were to add a second Mario, wouldn't he just bring back Dr. Mario? Bowser Jr seems like a good choice, too, but is there really anything about him that just screams "add me"? Toad IS another good choice, he's a veteran in the Mario series, he's highly requested AND well-known, and his increased roles and relevance within his own series (especially New Super Mario Bros. Wii). BUT... Sakurai already kinda shot him down as a playable character before. Sure, he's showing a lot more fighting prowess than before and that being a part of someone's else moveset doesn't harm his chances of becoming playable in the long run. But when you think about it, is it possible that we're just sorta relying on him to change his mind on Toad? What if he doesn't?

That's just how I feel, don't shoot me, please

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree with Star and Tri, KI has shown that if you look hard and I mean really hard some video games know how to develop a character and/or give personality, i.e. the Palutena we have now.

I wasn't expect much fight out of her but her character itself is what I enjoy.

Also speaking of the P&P banter in KI:U it brings up something that interests me. How about in team matches characters that are from the same series or make a special match (Sonic&Mario) have a little convo after winning the match or during the countdown of a match.

Just something to ponder.
We kind of had something to that degree at the end of matches with the Star Fox crew. Maybe we can have more of that?

[COLLAPSE="Brawl Trophies"]Toad:

Junior:

Waluigi:

Dixie:

King K. Rool:

Tingle:

Midna:

Toon Zelda:

Ridley:

Krystal:

Deoxys:

Meowth:

Mewtwo:

Villager:

Goroh:

Lyn:

Black Knight:

Palutena:

Starfy:

Little Mac:

Ray MK:

Isaac:

Saki:
[/COLLAPSE]

Opinions?
K.Rool has brothers. Mind=Blown.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm having a hard time imagining Louie over taking Olimar's ground game. Oli's ground game is the scariest and people still have used it to it's full potential due to versality. It's soooooooooo safe.

@Metal: I'm confused on the message you're sending. Are you saying the best bet for a new Mario rep is Toad, but then you disagree at the same time >__<

@Star: Yeah to same effect as the StarFox crew winning the game. Nothing feels better than when I play one of the higher Falcos and win to hear, "Better luck next time Falco." *it probably has added effect because I changed the starfox jingle to the boondocks opening theme :smirk:*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kid Icarus.

The game where "That's no moon, that's a space station"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
I'm unsure on the prospect of other Mario characters being playable. However, my "gut" tells me that Paper Mario will be playable. After that, I am unsure upon just about everything. :ohwell: Bowser Jr. and Toad both seem to have a good shot, but their "chances" are hard to estimate (and to a much lesser extent, so are Geno's and Waluigi's chances).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm having a hard time imagining Louie over taking Olimar's ground game. Oli's ground game is the scariest and people still have used it to it's full potential due to versality. It's soooooooooo safe.

@Metal: I'm confused on the message you're sending. Are you saying the best bet for a new Mario rep is Toad, but then you disagree at the same time >__<

@Star: Yeah to same effect as the StarFox crew winning the game. Nothing feels better than when I play one of the higher Falcos and win to hear, "Better luck next time Falco." *it probably has added effect because I changed the starfox jingle to the boondocks opening theme :smirk:*
I'd definitely like more distinct interaction between same series characters, similar to UMvC3. As well as having their own jingles.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that part of the description is wrong. They're referring to when K. Rool takes on other aliases in DKC 2 (Kaptain K. Rool) and 3 (Baron K. Roolenstein), but that's actually just K. Rool himself.

I think.
I was kidding. :p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah, the Japanese just seem confused on who K. Rool really is. K. Rool just changes his looks in every Donkey Kong Country game because he is the ultimate nut bag. Since the Japanese are generally not as into DKC as some of us, they don't know that, including Sakurai.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- I'm just trying to say that while all of the Mario candidates are good choices, they all have their detractors and those detractors are serious enough to make me question who exactly we might be getting in Smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Metal Overlord: Keep in mind that he shot Toad down well before New Super Mario Bros. Wii was released. So Toad has shown the ability to fight. Although he honestly falls under the same situation as Waluigi in the uniqueness department. They both share tons of moves/items/abilities with other characters, so...

Jr. really has no "add me" to him, I agree. He's just the most notable Koopa Kid.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Every potential newcomer Mario character has many pros and cons, many who want them and many who don't, and have things that obviously help their chances and obviously hurt their chances. That is why it's so confusing. With many newcomer characters confirmed before Brawl's release, they had like no flaws. Diddy Kong, Ike, Captain Olimar, King Dedede, Sonic... they were all obvious choices with no reason not to add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom