• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm thinking of making a Shy Guy support group called, obviously, "The Shy Men Army" now. It'd have at least 4 people. :awesome:

Me, Disfunk, Smashbot(who said Shy Guy was his secret hope), and Holder here.

I probably will when I can.
Count me in.:awesome: I always liked Shy Guy, and I can imagine a winning sequence where he turns around and his mask falls off, like in Tennis. That. Would. Be. Epic. Using Flyguy moves, and other Shy Guy speciaes membs. Count me in.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
My top 5

Paula
Bowser Jr.
Daisy
another char from F-zero
K. rool

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Everyone has been pretty different with who they want the most, only Ridley was mentioned there twice in his four mentions.

King K. Rool was mentioned five times, being the most mentioned.

Geno has been mentioned four times vs. Megamans three.

This all means nothing, but I'm genuinely interested in what the SSB4 fans here are demanding the most. I'm just glad I wasn't the only Ghirahim demander. Seems like the absent giant reptile antagonists are the most desired. xD

Edit: Also, I definitely think if we are to get a Pokemon newcomer, it should be one that evolves in the middle of a match either through either time (activated via input or forced on you) or performance. Input would probably be best, since then you wouldn't be forced to use the evolutions necessarily.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
My top 5:
  1. Bowser Jr.
  2. Little Mac
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Ridley
  5. Dillon the Armadillo
Figured I'd be a bit oddball-ish on Dillon, but I can imagine the next game:

Dillon's Rolling Northward

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Everyone post your top 5 if you like, see what trends we can see if you're interested.

1. Ghirahim
2. Geno
3. Paper Mario
4. Shulk
5. Palutena
1. Tom Nook
2. Krystal
3. Ridley
4. Kumatora
5. Palutena

On gameplay, I brought this up before briefly, but what do you guys think of left-right blocking? Instead of the shield covering all of you, it only covers one side? At least that'd probably be less wonkey than high-low blocking.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
My top 5:
  1. Bowser Jr.
  2. Little Mac
  3. King K. Rool
  4. Ridley
  5. Dillon the Armadillo
Figured I'd be a bit oddball-ish on Dillon, but I can imagine the next game:

Dillon's Rolling Northward

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
Bowser Jr. has been mentioned a lot, I can't believe it, I thought no one was really crazy about him. Was thinkin people were like Toad > Jr.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
supporter: i wouldn't mind rosalina, really. i'd rater see her than either of the most popular choices (toad or waluigi).

Modus Operandi: i hadn't thought of wes, that's actually pretty cool.

breadbug: is that in any kind of order? like, is layton your most wanted character, or do you want layton more than him? :awesome:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
1. Tom Nook
2. Krystal
3. Ridley
4. Kumatora
5. Palutena

On gameplay, I brought this up before briefly, but what do you guys think of left-right blocking? Instead of the shield covering all of you, it only covers one side? At least that'd probably be less wonkey than high-low blocking.
I'mcurious what it would do for attacks that hit from the top(like Pikachu's Thunder).

on the plus side,it opens the idea of more unique blocks(thogh Yoshi's would still be the same,most likely.)

On Topic:
1.Bowser Jr.
2.Ridley
3.Medusa
4.Takamaru
5.Victini/Mona(tie)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'mcurious what it would do for attacks that hit from the top(like Pikachu's Thunder).

on the plus side,it opens the idea of more unique blocks(thogh Yoshi's would still be the same,most likely.)
Ambiguous crossup?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Kuma You and me, Tom Nook bros.

@Smashchu Rhythm Heaven character = Yesssssssss. What's the name of the little white Glee Club guy that was in the tutorials for Rhythm Heaven Fever? I think he'd be cool, too.

@Sage It's very close. Seriously, though, it probably goes something like this:

1. Layton
2. Tom Nook
3. Jill & Drill Dozer
4. Genesect
5. Prince Fluff

Fo' sho'.

Oh, and all Brawl veterans stay, plus Mewtwo and Roy. I ain't counting those fellers as newcomers.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
King K. Rool: 7
Ridley: 6
Mewtwo: 6
Bowser Jr.: 5
Geno: 4
Shulk: 4

Megaman: 3
Paper Mario: 3
Palutena: 3
Little Mac: 3
Samurai Goroh: 3 (including the general F-Zero vote)
Isaac: 3
Medusa: 2
Ghirahim: 2
Starfy: 2
Dixie Kong: 2
Muddy: 1
Daisy: 1
Paula: 1
Birdo: 1
Roy: 1
Genesect: 1
Karate Joe: 1
Zoroark: 1
Victini: 1
Waluigi: 1
Toad: 1
Saki: 1
Tingle: 1
Takamaru: 1
Impa: 1
Groose: 1
Duck Hunt Dog: 1

^_^

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
A lot think Toad is more important, but does not have as much playable potential.

This is my thoughts on it.
toad just... to me, he doesn't make sense as a smash bro. what sakurai says about the animal crossing and nintendogs crew is how i feel about toad. he's this mellow little dude, not a fighter. sure, you have playable toads in a couple of games, but i have a hard time envisioning him going toe-to-toe with the Demon Thief, or a plasma-breathing genocidal space dragon. i know he's the only remaining character who's been around from the get-go, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. if i were doing a Superman-themed fighter, i wouldn't add Pa Kent as a playable character.

FOR THE RECORD i think an animal crossing character could potentially be really cool, but i see sakurai's point. animal crossing comes across as a very passive, non-fighty world.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Top 5:

1) Mewtwo
2) King K.Rool
3) Impa
4) Dixie Kong
5) Isaac
*6)* Anthony Higgs

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ridley: 5 (first since two of five put him first)
King K. Rool: 5
Mewtwo: 4
Bowser Jr.: 4
Geno: 4
Shulk: 4

Megaman: 3
Paper Mario: 3
Palutena: 3
Little Mac: 3
Samurai Goroh: 3 (including the general F-Zero vote)
Isaac: 2
Medusa: 2
Ghirahim: 2
Starfy: 2
Muddy: 1
Shy Guy: 1
Daisy: 1
Paula: 1
Birdo: 1
Roy: 1
Genesect: 1
Karate Joe: 1
Zoroark: 1
Victini: 1
Waluigi: 1
Toad: 1
Saki: 1
Tingle: 1
Takamaru: 1

^_^
Fixed for general awesome. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
toad just... to me, he doesn't make sense as a smash bro. what sakurai says about the animal crossing and nintendogs crew is how i feel about toad. he's this mellow little dude, not a fighter. sure, you have playable toads in a couple of games, but i have a hard time envisioning him going toe-to-toe with the Demon Thief, or a plasma-breathing genocidal space dragon. i know he's the only remaining character who's been around from the get-go, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. if i were doing a Superman-themed fighter, i wouldn't add Pa Kent as a playable character.
Well, to be fair, he has faced Wart, Wario, Bowser, etc. So he does have the fighting spirit. And could work. I just worry he'll have a meh moveset, or one that Waluigi could perfectly use the same. I want a very unique moveset.

To clarify, AC didn't get in because of the "too peaceful", not lack of moveset potential. Toad is another story.

FOR THE RECORD i think an animal crossing character could potentially be really cool, but i see sakurai's point. animal crossing comes across as a very passive, non-fighty world.
...Yep. Which is too bad, really. They'd make neat characters. Imagine the Taunts! :awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Top 5:

1) Mewtwo
2) King K.Rool
3) Impa
4) Dixie Kong
5) Isaac
*6)* Anthony Higgs

Wait, Impa isn't even your most desired? Does this mean you're bat**** crazy about the other two and we don't even know it? XD

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
what I was imagining was the final smash: so he pulls several leaves out of his pocket, and chucks them into the air. when they hit something (another player, the ground) they transform into furniture. there would be a whole list of things they could become, too. you could get hit with a lamp, or a table, or the freakin' MOON.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
what I was imagining was the final smash: so he pulls several leaves out of his pocket, and chucks them into the air. when they hit something (another player, the ground) they transform into furniture. there would be a whole list of things they could become, too. you could get hit with a lamp, or a table, or the freakin' MOON.
Moveset, please.

Also, for the moveset, could you use proper English for it atleast? That way it can be copied and read perfectly. :)

...Presuming you have no trouble with your English, of course. :p

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
lukinhass: put him on your ignore list. i did; i find i actually like this place when every other post isn't "HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT IMPA."

hyperfalcon: i haven't made up a moveset in a while... i gues i'll see what i can do. and english is the only language i speak, that won't be an issue.

D

Deleted member

Thanks to everyone who posted and responded to my comment. It makes me feel so much better. :)

In regards to Toise, I treat him like everyone else. He's obviously good at speculation, but I think some of his choices are really stretching reality.
Yani's #100577 said:
Welcome back SSBF! I'm sure you'll be glad to hear the Impa vs. Sheik has become more of a friendly rivalry now

Also, inb4asage on your Victini comment
I hope so. The rivalry got so bad that I had to put Diddy Kong on the ignore list. Hopefully, it won't get nearly as virulent again as I'm going to give Diddy Kong another chance to see if he has gotten any better.
---'s #100578 said:
Good choice of movies as well. The American Tail series has always scared me a bit though. lol
I love An American Tail. Something about Don Bluth's creation has always appealed me to it. Heck, I even managed to enjoy The Pebble and the Penguin despite it being crap. The original is among my Top 5 favorite movies of all time and Fievel Goes West would probably land in my Top 20.
Johnknight1's #100580 said:
The "An American Tail" series hasn't had a sequel in years, and likely, the whole fan base wants the same thing in a sequel. Thus "debating" is pointless, unless it comes down to how you interpret things in said movie.
There is some debate over the questionable qualities of the later film and if a scene in the third movie is a retcon of Fievel Goes West, but not much beyond that. I'm currently writing a fanfiction between An American Tail and Tom & Jerry, which I look forward to writing.
John Knight The Great #100580 said:
So I guess that means we're all in the same boat on Mega Man being the Strongest!
Yep, he's that awesome.
Johnknight1 #100580 said:
Well that's why I say hope for say up to 55 characters, but don't expect anymore than say 47 (you need to bring that 53 characters expectation down a tad). Don't expect certain characters (except maybe the Ridleys, King K. Rools, and Mega Mans of the world), and don't expect the game to blow the universe out of the water.
I could work with just 47 characters. Heck, I could work with much less. Here's my absolute minimal roster I'm willing to work with:
Super Mario Bros.
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- King K. Rool

Yoshi
- Yoshi

Wario
- Wario

The Legend of Zelda
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf

Metroid
- Samus

Kirby:
- Kirby
- Meta-Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox
- Fox
- Falco

Pokemon
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- 6th Gen Pokemon

F-zero
- Captain Falcon

Earthbound
- Ness

Fire Emblem
- Marth
- Ike

Kid Icarus
- Pit
- Palutena

Pikmin
- Olimar

Retro
- Ice Climbers
- R.O.B.
- Takamaru

New Series
- Little Mac
- Isaac

Third-Party
- Mega Man
Of course the roster would be horrible to everyone else, which is exactly why I don't expect such a small roster. As for me expecting at least 53 characters, it's because Sakurai has always added at least twelve more characters to a game and the max he has added is fourteen more characters than the previous installment, not to mention that had the Forbidden Seven all made it, we would have gotten nineteen, if not twenty more slots than the previous game. Plus this game is likely to take two and a half to three years to take, so time constraints will be less constricting. If we're extremely lucky, we could see 58 characters in the next game, providing of course no major time restraints. But even if Sakurai does go "conservative", I think we'll see at least 49 characters.

In short, I expect high as I've been pleased with all three rosters (with a few exceptions), am willing to work with a much smaller roster, and hope for even higher.

@ChaosKid (#100581): I admit that I'm guilty of this many times and still am, but I do agree on you with elitism. Your idea on how to cure (or at least treat) elitism is also good. Hopefully, this thread continues to handle this better and not continue this cycle of bitter conflicts.
@--- (#100586): I think they should use weapons from every game in the series if we're going with a weapon changer for Mega Man.
Sol Diviner's #100602 said:
I'll laugh if they get the following Mega Man to be the one who's playable in Sm4sh:
Not kidding here, I would enjoy that. Not only would be perfect troll of us Mega Man fans, he would be far different from the real Mega Man.

I'm willing to accept any variation that isn't the Star Force variation.

@FalchionX7 (#100606): Won't lie, I would enjoy that. The only ones I wouldn't care for are Rosalina and Vaati.
Starphoenix's #100608 said:
SSBF! I see you! :3
Glad to talk to you again. You were one of my favorite posters before I left.
Holder of the Heel's #100614 said:
As for SSBF's post, I think we have been doing pretty well 'round these parts lately. I try to remind people to calm down or stop with the name calling anytime I'm around and see it, but it isn't too often or too extreme. I don't recall being around during whatever post SSBF posted, but I'm surprised he would post something apparently so "evil", he seemed so chill and nice when I was around. O: But anyways, yeah, we're good. And I'm being a pretend moderator in terms of the aggression towards one another here.
I mainly left because I was frustrated with how I felt about Victini. Thankfully, that bitterness is now gone and I feel a lot better.

And you're an excellent debater. I've seen a lot of your posts and I have to say I'm impressed with your debating ability.
KumaOso's #100618 said:
What was it you said again?
Basically, I threw a rage fit over Victini and left the thread when I could have handled it in a more mature way.
KumaOso"s #100618 said:
That's what stress will do to ya. Believe me, I know from experience. Did you get that feeling you were absolutely trapped in darkness[
Yes and it's one of the worst things I've ever felt. It was building up inside of me for a few years and I let it go in the wrong place.
KumaOso's #100618 said:
That's how it was for me with The Lion King after I saw it again last year. I didn't really get to see more of depth behind the story until I was out of my severe anxiety (still dealing with it though). Now, I look at it more than just a story, but of journey of finding my place on the path of unwinding, in the circle, the circle of life, circle of life. I'm still waiting to claim my title of King of Pride Rock. It's also opened up my eyes, thanks to my psychiatrist visit yesterday, that I want a career in helping the environment. It's something I've wanted longer than I've realized.
The Lion King is my favorite film of all-time and that makes a lot of sense to me. That probably explains why I loved that movie as a child.
KumaOso's #100618 said:
Will you be ok if he doesn't make it in? I think he'll make it, but I'm simply presenting the possibility.
Depends on the situation. If third-parties do not return, I wouldn't care because after all, why expect third-parties (I fully expect us to know if third-parties return or not as one of the first things we know about the characters)? Now if they did return but Mega Man doesn't show up, I would definitely be disappointed, but I would get over it since the roster is still bound to be good.
KumaOso's #100618 said:
For pushing characters, I still say that the approach done for Poison is your best bet, even if it's 50/50 as Karin didn't make into SFxTK.
Your method makes sense and I may apply it if I'm still around to discuss Smash 5 and there's a character's I really want that didn't get in Smash 4 I think should be in Smash 5. But that's a long way off and I'd rather not worry about it now; with the official roster being formed as we speak.
KumaOso said:
I honestly don't recall anything like that. The four criteria of being someone people want to play, contributes to the balance of the roster, brings something new to the table, and being adaptable to the game are very broad and don't take time into account.
I'm definitely keeping those in mind when adding characters to my roster of characters I think should be in. Other things I keep in mind is if a character works as a promotion (6th gen Pokemon, Chrome) or Sakurai has expressed interest in a character inclusion in Smash 4 (Saki Amamiya). ChronoBound a few days back posted something about Sakurai not wanting unimportant character, although it's possible that considering it was so close to when we found out about his criteria, that he considers important characters to be popular, unique, adaptable, and fit in the game balance.
KumaOso said:
And for your little bit on wanting Victini in the first place, I hope to see more gameplay justifications on your character choices. I don't see that enough in this thread. I think it encourages better thinking.
I've been taking that into consideration and will do so when I publish my roster on characters who I feel should be in.
ChronoBound's #100619 said:
I wonder if Sakurai is aware of the Roy re-design for FE13. He did make tweets about the Nintendo Direct conference the Roy DLC was announced at, and later made tweets about the upcoming Kid Icarus Uprising patches that were announced at the conference. I think Sakurai being aware of a major re-design for Roy during the the very earliest stages of development might do some good for Roy.
If Roy does return, I hope they use his Melee/FE6 design. Sorry, but I really don't like his new design.

I do, however, like Leaf's very much and am one of the very few that would love to see him in Smash 4 (as a matter of fact, he's my preferred choice for a Fire Emblem rep, even over Roy). It's too bad he has no shot at consideration.
Holder of the Heel's #100655 said:
I need to think of a name for the Ghirahim support team that I could name the thread when the time comes. When will we be given more threads to discuss SSB4? Not sure when Brawl got its own section.
"The Fabulous Demon Lord" is a great team name.

On the subject of support threads, I will be joining those of characters I support. Not because to actively push said character's inclusion, but to have in them.

When Smash 4 is revealed (most likely E3 2013), I'm making the Mega Man thread (regardless of whenever or not he is confirmed then).
Sol Diviner's #100735 said:
The only time I see Geno in Sm4sh is as a guest character, like Snake and Sonic. But then that would mean we won't see anymore Square-Enix characters as guests unless Sakurai decides to be more lenient with the "1 character per 3rd party" rule.
Not sure where people get the "rule" from. I've seen nothing from it. Of course we shouldn't expect two third-party characters from Konami, Sega, Capcom, and Square Enix nor do I even expect any third-party companies to get two third-parties, but you never know with third-parties.
Holder of the Heel's #100737 said:
Everyone post your top 5 if you like, see what trends we can see if you're interested.
Here is my Top Five:

5. Krystal (don't forget those votes)
4. Saki Amamiya
3. Mewtwo
2. Mii (would fulfill said pipe dreams)
1. Mega Man

I have a good feeling that all five will get in.

And for bonus, pipe dream choices that that will never happen:

- Knuckle Joe (my preferred choice for a fourth Kirby rep)
- Genesect (By far my most wanted Pokemon newcomer)
- Leaf (Fire Emblem) (most wanted Fire Emblem character)
- Tails (the only Sonic rep I would tolerate and one of the few third-party characters I want)
- Kid Goku (I've talked about wanting him in a few times, ineligible)
- Fievel Mousekewitz (I LOVE him and think he would be exceptionally creative, ineligible)
Metal Overlord's #100748 said:
So yeah, the day this goddamned game gets officially revealed is gonna be a day to remember for me
I remember the day when Smash 4 was announced at E3 2011. The earliest opportunity I got to this thread and posted like crazy.
KumaOso said:
Seems rather reasonable. I'd like to get more advance game play out of Smash 4 and this works just fine.

D

Deleted member

I skimmed and saw mention of The Lion King.

Simba for Smash. I really don't give a crap that he's inelligible.
Mauling Pikachu, one character from my childhood, with Simba, another character of my childhood would be fricking awesome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait, Impa isn't even your most desired? Does this mean you're bat**** crazy about the other two and we don't even know it? XD
Pretty much. I'd be ENRAGED if Mewtwo and King K.Rool wouldn't make it. Impa in fact is a much more tollerable loss. Even though I'd hate to see her not make it, Mewtwo and King K.Rool not being there would really, really upset me.

Though yeah, they are a bit more boring to discuss cause everyone pretty much wants them in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom