• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
We totally need Godzilla as a non-video game character. :troll:
It's just the creator of the last three Godzilla games announced recently that he plans to make a fourth one using fan donations and feedback. So now I have Godzilla rosters to concern myself with. U3U

Gabara for Sm4sh, I mean Godzill4.

D

Deleted member

Really?
I seriously hope he goes back to basics and makes it more like Destroy All Monsters Melee. Unleashed was not fun at all.
EDIT: DAMM was the ****. I frigging love to play it.
EDIT2: How can I contact him? I want him to know that DAMM was the **** and that Godzill4 needs to be like it.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I don´t know why,but that conversation about Godzila remembered me about the movie Dinossaur Park.

Strange...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, quick question about K. Rool...if (when) he becomes playable, what voice would he use? He has the generic Paon laughter and the awesome DK64 taunting, but there's also the possibility he could get a more realistic voice to match those of the Kongs. What do you all think?

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Hey, quick question about K. Rool...if (when) he becomes playable, what voice would he use? He has the generic Paon laughter and the awesome DK64 taunting, but there's also the possibility he could get a more realistic voice to match those of the Kongs. What do you all think?

Imo, I would say that they should go with his DK64 voice.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

I think the best voice is the DK64 one...

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@Wizzrobe: Are you using the collor of letter that I am using too?

D:

CAB77

Smash Rookie
I think the best voice is the DK64 one...
Yes, I agree!

"AGGGHHHH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

EDIT

What kind of items do you want to see implemented in Smash U? Which do you think should be ditched? I liked the screw attack as a throw-able item more than a badge. I also think that Smash Attacks need to get way more creative and fun to play / watch than what they are now. I don't know how anyone else feels but they are so stale-feeling. More final smashes like Captain Falcon's, with cut scenes, would be fun, I think, especially if they could still implement some sort of playable element during them. ?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Post 500!!!!

I really not care about itens,but maybe a 1up mushroom to troll your enemie.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

He seems like he is going to be in it if the rest of the SSB community likes K. Rool as much as they do here. Crazy demand.

I don't care what he is going to sound like since he isn't really going to be talking. Is there really that much of a difference between how he sounds in games?

D

Deleted member

In relation to Holder of the Heel's Top Five most wanted character, I made a similar version of it a few days ago with the Top Ten most wanted. Here are the current results:
Zoroark: 4
Victini: 3
Roy: 2
Dry Bowser: 1
Geno: 9
Isaac: 29
Ninten: 1
Masked Man: 3
Waluigi: 13
King K. Rool: 34
Mewtwo: 18
Bomberman: 9
Rosalina: 2
Ghirahim: 9
Paper Mario: 17
Krystal: 10
Vaati: 8
Mega Man: 31
Eevee: 1
Shulk: 12
Genesect: 3
Leaf (Fire Emblem): 1
Deoxys: 3
Duck Hunt Dog: 5
Saki Amamiya: 10
Mii: 7
Eirika: 2
Captain Syrup: 5
Black Mage: 2
Palutena: 13
Mach Rider: 4
Balloon Fighter: 4
Lanky Kong: 2
Andy: 8
Travis Touchdown: 8
Tom Nook: 10
Bandanna/Waddle Dee: 7
Simon Belmont: 6
Little Mac: 24
Ridley: 24
Mother Brain: 1
Slime: 1
Tomeko: 1
Erdrick: 1
Parry: 1
Madchen: 1
Excitebike: 1
Ray: 10
Vapreon, Joleteon, Flareon: 1
Samurai Goroh: 6
Viewtiful Joe: 2
Tails: 4
Majora's Mask Link: 7
Prince Fluff: 2
Medusa: 7
Lip: 7
Alice: 1
Animal Crosser: 2
Dillon: 4
Bowser Jr.: 10
Mike Jones: 6
Pac-Man: 4
Banjo-Kazooie: 5
Dark Matter: 1
Ashley: 2
Earthworm Jim: 1
Raichu: 1
Lyn: 5
Lloyd Irving: 2
Excadrill: 1
Stitch: 1
Female Pokemon Trainer: 2
Starfy: 5
Matthew: 7
Skull Kid: 3
Knuckles: 2
Shadow: 1
Chrome: 1
Magnus: 4
Bonkers: 1
Black Shadow: 6
Takamaru: 5
Caeda: 3
Ryu Hayabusa: 1
Cloud: 1
KOS-MOS: 1
Phoenix Wright: 2
Amaterasu: 3
Dixie Kong: 11
Anna: 5
Mona: 1
Meloetta: 3
Toad: 10
Slippy: 2
Leon: 2
Isa Jo: 3
Alice: 1
Porky: 1
Rawk Hawk: 3
Metal Mario: 1
Zero: 1
Alucard: 2
Fawful: 2
Quote: 1
Dark Samus: 5
Mia: 1
Kalas: 2
Professor Layton: 2
Gardevior: 1
Typhlosion: 1
King Boo: 1
Innes: 1
Dawn Bridgade: 1
Snivy: 1
Shy Guy: 1
Toadette: 1
Plusle & Minun: 3
5th gen Pokemon Trainer: 1
Pauline: 1
Jill Dozer: 1
Impa: 2
Neku: 2
Blue/Gary: 2
Gold: 1
Ryen: 1
Bald Bull: 1
Heracross: 1
Sothe: 1
Baby Bowser: 1
Goemon: 1
Wart: 1
Claus: 1
Peppy: 1
Raiden: 1
Rayman: 1
Alexandria Rovias: 1
Ricky Winterborn: 1
Black Shadow: 1
Shantae: 1
Dr. Robotnik: 1
Tingle: 2
Dark Pit: 1
Pokemon Champion: 1
Lucina
: 2
Felix: 1
Ephiram: 1
Eggplant Wizard: 1
N: 2
Hector: 2
Hewdraw: 1
Viridi: 1
Phosphora: 2
Amazon Phosphora: 1
Hades: 1
Pittoo: 1
Daisy: 1
Groose: 2
Big Boss: 1
Beedle: 1
Mr. AR: 1
Flint: 1
Glover: 1
Spyro: 1
Crash: 1
Nights: 1
Butterfly Marth: 1
Iris: 1
Crono: 1
Joey: 1
Giygas: 1
Blaziken: 1
Sora: 1
Noxul: 1
Weavel: 1
Sukapon: 1
Will reorganize this later, too tired to do so now. This one is on GameFAQs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
toad just... to me, he doesn't make sense as a smash bro. what sakurai says about the animal crossing and nintendogs crew is how i feel about toad. he's this mellow little dude, not a fighter. sure, you have playable toads in a couple of games, but i have a hard time envisioning him going toe-to-toe with the Demon Thief, or a plasma-breathing genocidal space dragon. i know he's the only remaining character who's been around from the get-go, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. if i were doing a Superman-themed fighter, i wouldn't add Pa Kent as a playable character.

FOR THE RECORD i think an animal crossing character could potentially be really cool, but i see sakurai's point. animal crossing comes across as a very passive, non-fighty world.
Ugh... that's what many people say about several other characters before they got into Smash. It is always the same argument. "I just can't picture X fighting Y" is often used as a reasoning basis for saying "X shouldn't be in Smash." If a pink singing puffball is expected to fight a genocidal space dragon, then I don't see what's wrong with a mushroom retainer. And unlike the Animal Crossing characters, Toad does not come from "a very passive, non-fighty world", he comes from the same universe as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah but Jigglypuff can actually get pretty tough in the pokemon games. Toad never really does. XP

And interesting SSBF, King K. Rool dominates there as well. D: And 9 Ghirahim... that does my heart good. :D And he got the same as Geno? Very strange. Mega man definitely stands out as the third party newcomer there. Good Paper Mario fanbase there too, probably bigger than you can get here. (Granted, top ten is asking for people to pull out a lot, but most wouldn't even put him in a roster here, same with Ghirahim.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah but Jigglypuff can actually get pretty tough in the pokemon games. Toad never really does. XP
Ahh, the good old "X is really tough in the Y games" card to justify a character's inclusion. Tell me... did R.O.B. ever get pretty tough in his own games? So, how can you say that Toad cannot fight or isn't tough. Appearances isn't everything. Even Sakurai acknowledged Toad's rumored superhuman strength and how it seemed out of place. Again, don't judge the book by its cover.

I have a hard time imagining Toad being anything more than stupid.
Oasis_Stupid? :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, think harder. Sure, using imagination is really tough but try your hardest to think. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
R.O.B. was a key piece of Nintendo's History.

Toad is just important to the Mario games. Note that comparison right there. Please use one for a character who appeared in a video game most of the time. Oh, btw, yes, R.O.B. kicked tons of butt in Mario Kart DS.

I agree the "is tough but not tougher than others" is a pretty BS argument, though.

D

Deleted member

If any newcomer is guarantee a spot in Smash, it is King K. Rool. Probably the most wanted newcomer, definitely in the Top 5 overall, has the potential for an awesome move set, and would fit right in. I can't think of any significant that could keep him out.

Every other character not already in (cut or newcomer) I feel has at least one barrier that could keep them from playable status. Whenever that is not being popular (overall or at least in a certain region), not having the potential to stand out as unique, not being adaptable/contributing to balance, comments made by Sakurai that puts doubts on their inclusion, frame issues (which I felt kept Ridley from Brawl), or third-party status, any potential newcomers, even the very likely ones, could fall into one of those pitfalls. King K. Rool suffers from none of these and because of this, I have no doubt that he will be in. A bold stance indeed, but I'm seriously willing to bet a small amount of money on his inclusion in Smash 4.
HyperFalcon's #100799 said:
Hey, SSB Fan. *waves*
Glad to see you again. :)
Diddy Kong's #100804 said:
Words cannot express my love for lions

Simba is where it's at son! Lion King for SNES was an amazing game, and your childhood wasn't complete without playing it!
I thought the Genesis version (which I played) was rather mediocre. The music was good and so was the visual, but the rest felt bleh.
Holder of the Heel's 100811 said:
Ah yes, some Mii love! He would be in my top 10 for sure. I think some people believe they'd be too much of a joke character in SSB4, but I feel that even if that is true, doesn't mean they can't be viable compared to the others. Mii just seems to make so much sense to me, I agree entirely.
I really hope Mii's do get in. They could not only let us play as characters that never made it in, but also allow us to bring Smash to a new level of enjoyment. As of now, Mii's are the only character that comes close to Mega Man in terms of how much I want them in, not only because they deserve it, but because they would be tons of fun.
Holder of the Heel's #100869 said:
And interesting SSBF, King K. Rool dominates there as well. D: And 9 Ghirahim... that does my heart good. :D And he got the same as Geno? Very strange. Mega man definitely stands out as the third party newcomer there. Good Paper Mario fanbase there too, probably bigger than you can get here. (Granted, top ten is asking for people to pull out a lot, but most wouldn't even put him in a roster here, same with Ghirahim.)
For some reason, GameFAQS seems to love Waluigi a lot. Not a terrible choice, but I feel as there are much better choices to go through before they pick him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, I'd say Dixie Kong is the most guaranteed. K. Rool(probably the name used so he can have costumes for his other counterparts who may or may not be him) is a good contender, though.

I'm all for the Forbidden 7 coming in, but my first preference is the new characters before the clones and Mewtwo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
R.O.B. was a key piece of Nintendo's History.

Toad is just important to the Mario games. Note that comparison right there. Please use one for a character who appeared in a video game most of the time. Oh, btw, yes, R.O.B. kicked tons of butt in Mario Kart DS.

I agree the "is tough but not tougher than others" is a pretty BS argument, though.
If R.O.B. kicked butt in Mario Kart DS... well, Toad kicked tons of butts in ALL Mario Kart games. Either that validates Toad or that invalidates R.O.B. Anyway, I am glad someone agrees that that argument is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom