• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wonder what people here feel about Pichu returning. I personally think Pichu should be brought back, and is the best representative for Pokemon's second generation.

Here is a good right up about Pichu's recent return to prominence.
I've forgotten Pichu's prominence during the last few years. But I still think he's the least likely cut character to return (not being planned for Brawl and added as filler in Melee).

I got him mixed up with Alm who has green hair and leaves tend to be green.
:rolleyes:

@Theme Songs: Star did do a large list of theme songs for everybody in the BR, Who We Are thread (which is a really confusing/creepy name for a thread BTW). ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it goes without saying that N3ONKID should officially change his username to N3ONMAN.
I agree. Although I'd probably end up unnecessarily changing some of those letters to numbers. I'm stuck in the days where being 1337 was actually 1337. :laugh:

edit: Nevermind. The name is now 1337 3nuff. ;)

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
I wonder what people here feel about Pichu returning. I personally think Pichu should be brought back, and is the best representative for Pokemon's second generation.
I'd love to see Pichu back in Smash and if given the choice, I'd rather just bring back Mewtwo and Pichu back than one of the spot being taken up by Zoroark.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would love Pichu back.(as unrealistic as it is)

Albeit, I'd love him back with changes via Luigi or Brawlondorf.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would rather just have Mewtwo and Meowth than to have a Pikachu clone and a Pokemon I have not invested in, seeing how I never played the 5th gen games.

Oh! And I would rather have the 2nd gen Pokemon Trainer than to have Pichu back. At least the 2nd gen starters would be pretty different from the 1st gen starters.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yes, yes, you hate Zoroark. We get it SSBF.

And I rather have anyone than Duck Hunt Dog. :troll:

Pichu is okay, but it may be better to replace Pichu with the concept Sakurai had in mind potentially with Plusle and Minun, and probably more likely as well since Pichu wasn't in even as data.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shaun The Sheep 3D today had Shaun going "old-school". Lol. All Mario-like.

Shaun The Sheep for Sm4sh.

Aah, who am I kidding?

And yes for Pichu, I loved that little rodent.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Zoroark has really grown on me. I like the idea of him being in Smash. Not only that, but I seriously think Victini's boat has sailed. His popularity is only going to dwindle at this point while Zoroark stays constant, and other Pokemon's popularity (Like Genesect) Rises.

So really, its probably Zoroark we're going to get in Smash. By far the most endorsed Pokemon of the 5th gen.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'd love to see Pichu back in Smash and if given the choice, I'd rather just bring back Mewtwo and Pichu back than one of the spot being taken up by Zoroark.
I much rather have Pichu back than Zoroark too.

I am also curious whether Meloetta's popularity is going to rise when it becomes a regular character in the Pokemon anime. It could end up becoming the most popular legendary for 5th-generation just for that.

D

Deleted member

Holder of the Heel said:
Pichu is okay, but it may be better to replace Pichu with the concept Sakurai had in mind potentially with Plusle and Minun, and probably more likely as well since Pichu wasn't in even as data.
I actually wouldn't mind Plusle & Minun. Always liked the duo and think that if unique, they could be really interesting and I believe you did a move set earlier today.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I much rather have Pichu back than Zoroark too.

I am also curious whether Meloetta's popularity is going to rise when it becomes a regular character in the Pokemon anime. It could end up becoming the most popular legendary for 5th-generation just for that.
It didn't help Meowth. :glare::mad::(:urg:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I did, though I confess it isn't terribly good. I think someone else should see if they can do anything more with it. They're a pretty neat idea and from the solid third generation, so I could get on their boat as long as it doesn't mean no Mewtwo. That does mean two Pokemon reps being added totaling to six however, which seems crazy to me.

And you're acting shocked Oasis. :troll:

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
(Plus if any direct competition characters should get in, it should obviously be Banjo-Kazooie)

I've got to be honest here: these are some of the least likely and worst fitting third-parties for Smash. And the second two haven't appeared on Nintendo consoles. And Ezio's DS game (the only time he was on a Nintendo console) didn't come out in Japan.
LOL, I was least serious the last 3 (but I guess you already knew that), plus it took me like 2 seconds come up these, so no much thought put lol...
Well, Ezio was probably little more serious, but I still agree with you...

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that bear and the bird...
I remember playing the games to N64 when I was a kid, good times
Since he's owned by Microsoft now (am I right about that?) things doesn't look good.
But if I have to compare Banjo with Drake, this is my opinion:

For me, Banjo is more memorable when I was a kid, Drake however is my current favorite character (besides Mario). Unfortunately I have to admit that Banjo suits more in SSB than what Drake does, but then I look at Solid Snake and I think that Project Sora found a good spot for him in SSB (though he plays very differently than any Nintendo character so far). So I'm still voting for Drake, but Banjo is without doubt a good candidate. But damn I hate to face the facts lol :p

Btw, after reading some posts...
Please, people from this forum, make me understand why should Project Sora add following:
Toad, Starfy

I have such a hard time to see them work in SSB, please convince me...

Btw, I haven't touched Wii since 2009, who are these following guys:
Ghirahim
Shulk
Ende

Plus when it comes to Brawl, I just don't understand following characters like:
Olimar
Call me stupid... but his randomness ruins...
Why do I have to pick random Pikmin (or whatever they are called) just so that I can use most of his moves?

Pokemon Trainer
Read more about Zelda/Sheik below

Zelda/Sheik
Then we have Zelda/Sheik, I think these two SHOULD be separate characters, I mean what exactly is the deal with them? DON'T GET ME WRONG, I have no problems with Zelda and Sheik, it's just the Transform mechanism, why is that good for competitive play?
And this is why I dislike Pokemon Trainer even more, 3 different characters...
I like Pokemon, but come on...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually wouldn't mind Plusle & Minun. Always liked the duo and think that if unique, they could be really interesting and I believe you did a move set earlier today.
Even if they're still somewhat similar to Pichu/Pikachu, there being two of them would be unique enough.

I'd like it that you can switch between them and they had different moves. You know, like how Dr. Mario and Mario have different ones.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Zelda/Sheik
Then we have Zelda/Sheik, I think these two SHOULD be separate characters, I mean what exactly is the deal with them? DON'T GET ME WRONG, I have no problems with Zelda and Sheik, it's just the Transform mechanism, why is that good for competitive play?
They're all stance cancels done very inefficiently.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
DON'T GET ME WRONG, I have no problems with Zelda and Sheik, it's just the Transform mechanism, why is that good for competitive play?
You should try looking at it from the CORRECT perspective first, before thinking about it from a competitive point of view.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even if they're still somewhat similar to Pichu/Pikachu, there being two of them would be unique enough.

I'd like it that you can switch between them and they had different moves. You know, like how Dr. Mario and Mario have different ones.
Uh... what different moves did Mario and Dr. Mario have? Dr. Mario just had the pills instead of fireballs. That's it. Dr. Mario never fought before. That's why it made perfect sense to base Dr. Mario on Mario. Why would Mario fight any different just because he is wearing a lab coat?

D

Deleted member

I kind of like Holder's idea for a Plusle & Minun move set.

I think the switch mechanic could work out very well for a Plusle & Minun duo (Diddy & Dixie Kong is suggested many times here, why not do it with Plusle & Minun without having to clump an existing character with a newcomer?). I would also propose that Plusle & Minun have different B specials and maybe variation of attacks.
Warheart said:
Btw, I haven't touched Wii since 2009, who are these following guys:
Ghirahim
Shulk
Ende
Ghirahim is the main villain of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords. Shulk is the main protagonist of Xenoblade. Ende is the main protagonist of Pandora's Tower.

Also, The Last Story is coming out on July 10, 2012 in America. I will get this game and I have been waiting for it for years.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thanks SSBF. :D Try to think of improvements, I'm honestly a little stuck, and I'm not sure they should have a move set with too many moves, if you get what I mean.

Oh, and someone asked who Ghirahim is?

And I am Holder of the Heel, I am most well known for my lack of collapsing obnoxiously large posts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the switch mechanic could work out very well for a Plusle & Minun duo (Diddy & Dixie Kong is suggested many times here, why not do it with Plusle & Minun without having to clump an existing character with a newcomer?). I would also propose that Plusle & Minun have different B specials and maybe variation of attacks.
Pretty much what I'm saying. Not sure if a taunt would be a good idea, or just Down B per the usual. In fact, not having Thunder(or a variation of it) would REALLY separate them and Pika and Pichu.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Warheart, Starfy acts nothing like does in Brawl. Watching videos or playing The Legendary Starfy should give you enough of a clue.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much what I'm saying. Not sure if a taunt would be a good idea, or just Down B per the usual. In fact, not having Thunder(or a variation of it) would REALLY separate them and Pika and Pichu.
I think it's best if they switched it to a taunt button so that the Down B wouldn't go to waste. Hate how that's the case with Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Is anyone seriously EXPECTING a Zelda character?

I mean, I would love to have Tetra/Ghirahim/Tingle... but is anyone expecting them?

D

Deleted member

I mean, I would love to have Tetra/Ghirahim/Tingle... but is anyone expecting them?
Arcadenik and probably Holder of the Heel in here. Vegeta1000 and Vyers from GameFAQs also expect a rep from Zelda, but in the form of Tingle.

I have no idea why I thought Tingle was a good idea back then. And no, I don't expect any Zelda newcomers.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I'm having trouble with posting stuff here... doesn't seem to work properly
anyway

@Oasis_S
oh, sorry, I wrote that question wrong, let me try again...
Why is the Transform mechanism good?

Well, I'm not sure about this one but I think you can avoid f.e. Final Smashes with it, and of course change from a different character to another who plays differently
besides that... I have no idea...
Am I being annoying? That's not really what I wanted at all...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Warheart_666 said:
For me, Banjo is more memorable when I was a kid, Drake however is my current favorite character (besides Mario). Unfortunately I have to admit that Banjo suits more in SSB than what Drake does, but then I look at Solid Snake and I think that Project Sora found a good spot for him in SSB (though he plays very differently than any Nintendo character so far). So I'm still voting for Drake, but Banjo is without doubt a good candidate. But damn I hate to face the facts lol :p
First off, I don't expect Banjo any more than I do Drake (at least for the Wii U version), and I'm not saying that Drake couldn't work in Smash. Sakurai could probably make just about any character work if he really wanted to. You can support Drake all you want, his games are good, and he's a cool character, but his chances of getting in SSB4 are zero. To each their own though, I'll never stop supporting B&K.

Warheart_666 said:
Btw, after reading some posts...
Please, people from this forum, make me understand why should Project Sora add following:
Toad, Starfy

I have such a hard time to see them work in SSB, please convince me...
If you go back in the thread, you'll find arguments for these two better than I can make, but Toad is one of the most iconic video game characters around, and the most important Mario character not yet playable. This much is undebatable. However, some people find a hard time imaging Toad as a fighter (this might include Sakurai) and therefore wouldn't support his inclusion. The truth is that Toad could work in Smash just fine, and his moveset would not be that difficult to come up with, but Sakurai might never change his opinion of Toad, which is one reason there is debate about him.

Starfy could also work fine, and I think there are less people divided about whether he could work as a character, as opposed to if he will actually make it into Smash. He is the main character of his series, one that includes fighting. He has many moves he could use (although alot of them involve spinning) although he can also transform into different "creatures" and can stab people with his pointy head. :awesome:

It would be easier to defend them if I knew what you had a problem with about them.

Warheart_666 said:
Plus when it comes to Brawl, I just don't understand following characters like:
Olimar
Call me stupid... but his randomness ruins...
Why do I have to pick random Pikmin (or whatever they are called) just so that I can use most of his moves?
The gimmick comes straight from his games, where he is relatively useless without Pikmin. He needs them to survive in his game, just like he does in Smash. I guess it might seem weird if one wasn't familiar with Pikmin.

Warheart_666 said:
Pokemon Trainers fight with multiple Pokemon, that's what they do. Makes sense.
You should be glad he didn't have six. :awesome:

Warheart_666 said:
Sheik is Zelda. Having them as separate characters would make as much sense as having WarioWare Wario and overalls Wario as separate characters. And Sakurai didn't make Smash for competitive play. He made it for people that enjoy tripping. :troll:

Holder of the Heel said:
I just love Impa. She even has white hair!
I love how she has a prominent role in SS, is one of only hundreds of characters that could fight and work fine in Smash and therefore should replace a character who's been in Smash twice already, has a massive fanbase, was close to getting a second playable version, and is actually part of the second most important character in the series. But none of those points really count, cuz Impa is stronger.

[COLLAPSE="For realz"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Plus branches > ninjas.

And this is totally unrelated to everything, and it might've already been posted, but this is awesome and I want it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8UnfQkJfjU
(It's fan made)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Arcadenik and probably Holder of the Heel in here. Vegeta1000 and Vyers from GameFAQs also expect a rep from Zelda, but in the form of Tingle.

I have no idea why I thought Tingle was a good idea back then. And no, I don't expect any Zelda newcomers.
I think all three of them are GOOD ideas, and Tetra and Tingle even are decently reoccurring. I just don't think Sakurai cares for Tetra/Tingle, to be playable, and I have serious doubts about Ghirahim based off of everything that's happened in the past.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's best if they switched it to a taunt button so that the Down B wouldn't go to waste. Hate how that's the case with Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.
Zelda and Sheik have barely any canon moves to go off of. It works for them.

As for PT, every character has more than 4 moves, so I'm not sure why it's a true problem. The only problem I have with them is forced switching on Stocks, even though it makes sense logically.(as in regular Pokemon)

But it would also delete some of our Taunts, so it means some characters get less taunts. That's not fun either.

And what exact moves would they get for a replacement?

Actually, couldn't Plusle & Minun use Volt Switch? It may be similar to the MvC mechanic, but it actually fits them perfectly.

D

Deleted member

@HyperFalcon: I think when it comes to move set, it's better to lose a taunt than a special move. At least a special move always contribute to game play.

But a Volt Switch would be a perfect compromise. It does the switching without losing an attack or a taunt. I'd be all for that.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder, your Ghirahim gifs are amazing. xD

Smooth Criminal
Thank you Criminal. :cool: If only I had actually made them. I'd especially love to capture gifs of some of his moves so I can illustrate attacks that I have for his moveset so people can properly see what he does.

To an extent. I mean, he seemed perfectly willing to add in a fifth (even a sixth) to Brawl, and neither character wasn't even desired nor were they relevant to the time period. Ghirahim has a fan base (mostly people who aren't involved in Smash, but there are people who are crazy about his character in general, searching through google teaches you that, in good and bad ways :urg: Sakurai does say he wants characters that simply make people want to play Smash, so that qualifies) and he is a bit relevant now (more so at least than Tetra and Toon Zelda was at that time).

I am not saying necessarily to bet on it, but I think the possibility deserves a little bit more merit than it receives 'round these parts.

Am I being annoying? That's not really what I wanted at all...
Oh no you're not. However, there are people you want to annoy. Keep that in mind.
Hint: The type of people with Kong in their names or the word for a fertile spot in a desert where water is found.

Also, Volt Switch is great. Better than what I had put for it, that being, Helping Hand. Which doesn't make 100% sense.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HyperFalcon: I think when it comes to move set, it's better to lose a taunt than a special move. At least a special move always contribute to game play.
Matter of opinion. But I still gotta ask, what's the ideas for Zelda and Sheik? Or the three Pokemon?

But a Volt Switch would be a perfect compromise. It does the switching without losing an attack or a taunt. I'd be all for that.
And the fact it fits. XD

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Look what I recently found :p
FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!

btw I did some very quick research about history of Nintendo to find someone (or something) that could be a playable in SSB.
here's my result... so far

Diskun (now when I see this fellah, is it a trophy in Melee?)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is a Diskun trophy in Melee.

I wouldn't more alts, just as long as they don't do it to Dr. Mario(or atleast make it a costume only. If he's going to have differences, full character. Otherwise, make it like Wario's stuff)

I'd rather they just had similar design to the Pichu Bros. at best. Basically, ears change. Good enough.

I don't like using alt costumes to make characters unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom