• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dang. Some of them posts on the last page are ridiculously long, even by my standards. That's why we have this thing called the collapse button folks! :joyful:
Do you people think Kyurem have a chance to be the 5th generation representation in SSB4 ?
5th Generation "representative" as a Pokéball Pokémon=??? Yes. There is a ridiculously high chance of this happening.
5th Generation "representative" as a stage hazard character=??? Yep. Kyurem could very well be a stage hazard, much like various (legendary) Pokémon were on Spear Pillar.
5th Generation "representative" as a boss=??? Yep. There's a possibility. However, the chances are fairly low. Regardless, Kyurem would be an epic boss for smash bros.
5th Generation "representative" as a playable character=??? Nope. That ain't happening. I mean, Kyurem is huge! Like he could eat 7 Ridleys for breakfast. He should be huge.
John you how it's not even christmas with that avatar :p
The Space Pirates celebrate Christmas all day long.

Besides, Ridley is celebrating Space Pirate child-eating Zebes Hanukkah in the picture, duh! :laugh: :grin: :psycho:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I respected those people the most after years of lurking. :bee:

Plus, people listen to those older, wiser, and more experienced than them more often than not.
Maybe it's because I've been posting in the blogs that are full of complainers and Sakuari bashers, but I'm still scepticle. Human nature and whatnot.

Reminds me of the 3rd gen. We talk a lot about the 5th gen rep and now even a 6th gen rep, but it's not that simple. Basically, Sakurai considers if the character would be interesting first. It's not a sure thing.
Sounds like the character criteria at work again.

Interesting that he thought of Pokemon Trainer so long ago. Makes you wonder if he has a Smash master plan.
Ash and Bulbasaur both placed high on the Melee poll. He even commented on a fan saying he wanted Charizard playable, saying that he's aware of fan demand and thinks Charizard is cool.

If true, then he's had the PT concept in mind for quite a while, but was finally able to execute it in Brawl.

And that's it. I do think this is the real deal since it sounds like what Sakurai does and isn't too far fetched. Of course, if anyone wants to confirm it, look though Famitsu 2002.
Most of that stuff is true/has been mentioned before, so I guess it can be added. I'll just make a note to stay scepticle of some parts.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe it's because I've been posting in the blogs that are full of complainers and Sakuari bashers, but I'm still scepticle. Human nature and whatnot.
Not too many people here are like that. While we may occasionally bash Sakurai (I usually blame someone else!), :laugh: we know he's the main main for smash bros. :cool:
Most of that stuff is true, so I guess it can be added. I'll just make a note to scepticle of some parts.
Yeah, the unprovable parts are unprovable. However, the rest of it was from the Melee Dojo/sites related to the Melee Dojo, so it is definitely true.

If it's fake/wrong information, at least the person added truths to it and did their research on the topic.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Her Lightning Kicks move reminds me of Fox's AAA.

There doesn't need to be a 5th gen character though. Besides, the 1st gen is still by far the most popular generation (gameplay's another story). All the other generations are represented by Pokeballs.

And how do you envision Kumatora?
There didn't need to be a gen 4 pokemon either but we got Lucario. I agree though, they should focus more on the 1st generation, but I still expect Zoroark. (Zoroark looks stupid imo.)

I was thinking that Kumatora gets alot of Lucas and Ness's moves like PK freeze, PK fire and PK thunder but her down B will be PK Ground. Her PK fire is now like Ness's, where it traps foes and racks up damage. PK Ground could be similar to DK's down B, it has more range and it's a kill move, but it has moderate ending lag. Lucas replaces PK freeze with PK Love. Ness replaces his PK fire with PK Rockin' and PK Thunder with PK Teleport.

So basically..

Ness's specials
Up B Pk Teleport (As quick as Mewtwo's Teleport but travels further, and has an damaging hitbox before he re-appears.)
Neutral B PK Flash
Side B PK Rockin' (I got nothin', but I want him to use this move lol.)
Down B PSI Magnet

Lucas's specials
Up B PK Thunder (Now travels a shorter distance.)
Neutral B PK Love (Same for PK Rockin'.)
Side B PK Fire
Down B PSI Magnet

Kumatora's specials
Up B PK Thunder (Like how Ness's was but travels further.)
Neutral B PK Freeze
Side B PK Fire (Again, like Ness)
Down B PK Ground

Xhampi

Smash Lord
5th Generation "representative" as a Pokéball Pokémon=??? Yes. There is a ridiculously high chance of this happening.
5th Generation "representative" as a stage hazard character=??? Yep. Kyurem could very well be a stage hazard, much like various (legendary) Pokémon were on Spear Pillar.
5th Generation "representative" as a boss=??? Yep. There's a possibility. However, the chances are fairly low. Regardless, Kyurem would be an epic boss for smash bros.
5th Generation "representative" as a playable character=??? Nope. That ain't happening. I mean, Kyurem is huge! Like he could eat 7 Ridleys for breakfast. He should be huge.
I was talking as a playable character yes, since it's pretty obvious he will appear in some way (my favorite being as a boss), it's seems every one is agree to be against him so i will not talk about this more, thanks you every one for the answers.

D

Deleted member

I would love Meowth's Party as a stage. Even though it's a canceled game, it still lived on in Pokemon Channel. So, technically it isn't like a made-up stage like Poke Floats or Battlefield. It would be a nice change from the same old Pokemon Stadium stages we have been getting in Melee and Brawl.

I think it's kinda silly that we have had only two stages from the main Pokemon games. Saffron City from Red/Blue and Spear Pillar from Diamond/Pearl. Pokemon Stadiums are likely based on the Pokemon Stadium games. Can we cut both Pokemon Stadiums and just put one Pokemon Colosseum with 17 types?

Pokemon Stages I would like to see in Smash 4:
- Spear Pillar (past stage)
- Meowth's Party
- Pokemon Colosseum
- some location from Black/White, maybe Castelia City as the new Saffron City?
- some location from HeartGold/SoulSilver, maybe Lake of Rage where we fight on top of a giant red Gyarados as it flies through the sky, showing various Johto locations like Whirl Islands, Sprout Tower, Ruins of Alph, etc.
I actually wouldn't mind it either. Gives us a bunch of Pokemon cameos, and represents Meowth without forcing him as a playable character yet.
And it might be incentive to add him for SSB5, where competition would be less.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Dynamite
In all likelihood, MOTHER isn't getting another character in all likelihood. The two main characters are already playable (minus Ninten, who is literally a precursor to Ness). On top of that, MOTHER is such a small series, only 1 game in the series left Japan, and it hasn't sold much. Of course, add in the fact there isn't going to be any new games in the series.

As for Pokémon, it makes billions of dollars per generation, and is a well-oiled machine.

@ Xhampi
Speaking of bosses, Kraid would be the perfect boss for smash bros. For some reason, I haven't heard much talk about him as a boss. :ohwell:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
@ Dynamite
In all likelihood, MOTHER isn't getting another character in all likelihood. The two main characters are already playable (minus Ninten, who is literally a precursor to Ness).

@ Xhampi
Speaking of bosses, Kraid would be the perfect boss for smash bros. For some reason, I haven't heard much talk about him as a boss. :ohwell:
He can be really awesome if it's the same fight than in Super Metroid indeed, personally I want to see Mother Brain.
Edit : It's also normal if you don't hear that much about Kraid, most of the Metroid discussion turn about Ridley being a playable character.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
@ Dynamite
In all likelihood, MOTHER isn't getting another character in all likelihood. The two main characters are already playable (minus Ninten, who is literally a precursor to Ness). On top of that, MOTHER is such a small series, only 1 game in the series left Japan, and it hasn't sold much. Of course, add in the fact there isn't going to be any new games in the series.
I know, that's why I didn't put her in my sm4sh roster. (It's on page 7138.) I just answered KumaOso on how I envision Kumatora if she were playable.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, if Sakurai WANTS to add another Mother character, there will be another Mother character.

We can't just decide which series are definitely not getting another character. Case in point, I say StarFox isn't getting another character, people say that there will be one.
We don't really know for sure.
Except for series like Ice Climber and Game & Watch, since there really is no one to add. I mean, what, Newcomer: Polar Bear? I don't think so.
Or Yoshi, seeing as there really isn't much to offer. Especially when one of the main characters has bled into the main Mario series (Kamek), so the only pure Yoshi characters would be like the babies, in which only Baby Bowser would be a good choice, and he'd be a clone. And then there's the fact that Bowser himself was a villain in a couple of them...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The difference is Star Fox isn't dead. Just creatively dead. MOTHER's series creator said the series is done. All the other "dead" series had their main character (ie: The Ice Climbers from Ice Climber, Mr. Game and Watch from the Game and Watch handhelds, Pit from Kid Icarus, etc.) added; not supporting characters.

Also, figures. Kuma is always pitching Kumatara!

@ Xhampi
Regardless, Kraid would be epic as a boss. That's not an opinion; that's a FACT!!!

*points at Super Metroid and destroys all nay sayers*

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
D&D nerds sound like that creepy guys at my school's cafeteria who yell over D&D and Magic: The Gathering. They sound exactly like Fox in Brawl, which is really lame. :ohwell:
Ahhhh those were the good days.... Er I mean, GOD I HATE THOSE NERDS, TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE LOSERS! Heh, yeah. :awesome: :cool:

Hades in Kid Icarus Uprising.
What he said ^. Pretty much the coolest character ever. I put him above Ghirahim really, I just know in terms of Smash there are more hurdles for him. A shame really, I'd love for some Hades shenanigans in the story mode (if we MUST have one). No one liked my idea that he 3DS game could have the story and involves RPG elements like what was mentioned in Iwata asks.

If it was Plusle and Minum, they would have separate data from each other, just like PT, Zelda/Shiek, Samus/Zamus, and even Dixie.
They could have essentially been one character, just aesthetically two. As in, they always held eachother's hands and functioned as one. That's how I imagine them working, and it would actually be unique as opposed to just another Climbers.

That 4 minutes and 50 seconds is already better than the anime.
T_T I can't watch the video youtube removed it.

Also, everything you guys are saying is very interesting, glad some awesome information has been shared recently. Dixie and Plusle+Minun- would make interesting additions (popular and unexpected roles respectively), though honestly I would prefer Toon Zelda and Tetra not to appear. :/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tell me this, Arc. What would Meowth's Party be layed out like?
Meowth's Party?

Picture this, a main stage... It is a simple flat stage that we can fall off... Like Dream Land in Smash 64. It is where the Pokemon make music in the background. Occasionally a random Pokemon would leap onto the stage from the background to attack the characters for a couple seconds before they go back to the background... Kinda like the Pokemon attacks in Saffron City in Smash 64. There is another platform above the main platform, sort of like a catwalk that we can fall through when we smash the control stick down. On both sides of the main platforms are a set of three small platforms... Sort of like the small platforms in Hyrule Castle in Smash 64. The small platforms are on the pillars with the flashing lights. Also, the background displays a large screen showcasing the fight much like the big screen in Pokemon Stadium in Melee. It is like fighting on the stage in middle of a concert... With a large Pokemon audience screaming like crazed fans.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

There's a difference between "dead" and "finished".

And also, he said that the possibility of a Mother 4 isn't completely out. He just won't be the one to make it.
If like say, Miyamoto decided to make a Mother 4, then there would be a Mother 4.

But all of that means nothing, as again, if Sakurai wants to add another Mother character, he will add one. Doubt he really gives a **** about whether a series is dead or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I personally think Kraid and Hades would both make fantastic bosses. Although I find Medusa more likely than Hades.

I also think that "dead" might be the wrong way to refer to Mother. Until Nintendo themselves states there will never be more Mother games, I would classify it as "indefinitely dormant". Because as Golden said, the possibility of Mother 4 isn't completely out the window, even if Itoi won't be a part of it.

And Starfox is far from being a dead series. Right now it's just in a hell of a rut.

Plus being in a "dead" series doesn't even matter if Sakurai still wants to add them. Although I don't think a Mother character is likely for SSB4.

@Dynamite
Personally I would like to see Toon Zelda/Tetra or Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda more. And I bet Toon Zelda/Sheik would have been as similar to regular Zelda/Sheik as Toon Link was to Link if they had been finished.

D

Deleted member

If you want to talk dead, talk about F-Zero. :laugh:
Latest game was when, 2004? Japan only?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Seems Sakurai cares for characters being unique. Which is funny because I hear people talk about making characters unique. It seems Sakurai really looks at a characters abilities and looks. He mentioned this at GDC 08, but it's shown in action here. Also, Wolf did make it into Brawl, so I wonder if this is related at all.
What's this? Something I've said all along?

Toad smells???

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually like Groosey Kong :) feeling flattered :embarrass: My hair is more sexy than his though. *Link Melee taunt*

But yeah, Impa is much more logical than Tetra and Toon Sheik.

And somehow I just FEEL Dr.Mario will return... Not that I want that to happen though, but that NeoGAF post made me think differently about his chances.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope, it says Toon Sheik and was clearly Toon Sheik. Tetra was not on the drawing board.

Really, the only one we have to question is Pra_Mai and that's it. The rest are clear as day what he meant.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
A Plusle and Minun moveset could work something like this:

Standard Signature Special: Thunder Wave - Hold Down B to make the two pokemon turn towards eachother and pump their fists and clench their eyes shut as they spark electricity. The longer it is held, the greater the radius of the surround wave is that stuns enemies caught within the range. But if it misses, the lag is greater depending on the charge!

Up Recovery Special: Discharge - Another move that involves a charge that is held, but this time while it is charging you have control of a lightning bolt that rises out of you much like Ness and Lucas have with PK Thunder. This however is superior in terms of versatility and inferior in damage, for what happens when it is released (or when a few seconds pass) is the pair sparks and follows the drawn line damaging those who get caught in the way!

Down Special: Helping Hand - The little rats always hold onto each other, but you can switch who is the one in the front. Why does this matter? The Side Special changes, and some stats. When Plusle is in the lead, attacks do slightly more. When Minun is in front, the two acquire more weight! (The blue one is fatter :awesome: ) While one is offensive, the other is defensive.

Side Power Special: Last Resort / Trump Card - The former can be used only when Minun is the leader, and the latter can only be used when Plusle is the leader. Last Resort involves Minun Throwing Plusle as hard as he can! But wait, Plusle is still holding onto Minun so he carries Minun with him! They hurl forward in more of an arc than Pikachu's side special. The range cannot be charged, it depends on how high your percentage is, which also gauges your damage. Trump Card involves Plusle getting some payback, he begins to twirl and Minun is lifted up in the air as they spin in a deadly circle, slashing strikes surrounding them. The radius and damage depends on a time charge much like Wario's, picking up more on how fruitless the pair's attacks have been on the fight this time around as opposed to how desperate to end the fight with Last Resort.

Their Final Smash could either be Swift which summons a barrage of stars horizontally or it could be Wish that saves you the next time you would take fatal damage or heals you for all of your damage.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Also, you can't choose your own theme. In fact, that automatically subjects you to sharing Groose theme with Diddy Kong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have no problem with Impa getting in, but I don't want her to replace Sheik.
Quoted for Truth. I'd rather have Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik than replace regular Sheik for a meh character.

@Holder of the Hell: Nice. Give Diddy the Bulk and Skull theme instead. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toon Sheik won't make it over Impa. It's already a debatable idea enough to replace regular Sheik with Impa. So, yeah no Toon Sheik...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, she has far better chance. Every character planned in data has been made playable already, Diddy.

Impa is not important to Sakurai at all. Toon Sheik, a character Sakurai clearly made himself, is. Same with the regular Sheik.

Also, Impa won't replace Sheik either. It's just never going to happen.

Impa has never had a playable chance. Toon Sheik did. That's the facts.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Quoted for Truth. I'd rather have Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik than replace regular Sheik for a meh character.

@Holder of the Hell: Nice. Give Diddy the Bulk and Skull theme instead. :troll:
No, those two are too awesome. XD

When that started playing one of my dogs looked over and his head cocked over almost 90 degrees. XDD

I may not have the power to choose my theme, but I know that isn't mine. >___> I don't even have a black mini skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom