• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---: I forgot to mention, I'd like to suggest one of his moves involves that vortex. Also, I'd like to see some defense for his recovery. A shockwave landing (much like how Yoshi/DDD use stars) or perhaps few frames of recover if landed properly. I hated being punished after using it.
I was thinking of making his F-Throw or U-Throw involve the vortex instead of multiple Shadow Balls or as a new D-Special so it's nice to have your opinon on that.

As for a more defensive recovery, I didn't really pay much attention to it, due to making him a bit heavier and the ability to glide.

But my idea of his Barrier as a new D-Special could work as a defensive way to recover similar to the Star Fox shine in mid-air; especially since it would have a hitbox that would cover him. But I'm not sure if that would make him have a broken recovery or not?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Radiant Dawn really is my favorite.

The Black Knight has the highest chance of any non-lord in the entire series. He is very integrated into the story of his games and has a personality (More than Marth in his game...).
Black Knight really is a tragic character... I think were circumstances different with the war and Ashera, Michaiah and he would have a really nice relationship.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Too bad she marries ***** (wont spoil). Ike is more than likely gay, I don't question it. He runs off with ***** at the end of the game. Ike should in fact get his older counter part in SSB4, and possibly a tweaked moveset to go along with his increased experience?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Radiant Dawn really is my favorite.

The Black Knight has the highest chance of any non-lord in the entire series. He is very integrated into the story of his games and has a personality (More than Marth in his game...).
Yes, pretty much so, and that says alot considering he isn't a Lord.

As for Roy, I really don't have a problem with him, it's just that Sakurai might not make him unique like we all want him to, if anything he might just end up luigified whch is also bad, that's why a character such as The Black Knight or Caeda who are both more relavent would make much better choices due to their distant styles IMO.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Too bad she marries ***** (wont spoil). Ike is more than likely gay, I don't question it. He runs off with ***** at the end of the game. Ike should in fact get his older counter part in SSB4, and possibly a tweaked moveset to go along with his increased experience?
I always wanted his Hero class costume, his ranger costume was meh.. after all he was holding Ragnell when he was a Hero.

But yes, you should definetly play PoR, it's a must.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I wanted to stick to just Earth based psynergy with this because they are Earth adepts. I can't see a way of using the hands as anything other than the games longest tether grab really. Maybe for the up-throw we can have a few rocks pushing them up, each causing 1-2% damage?

The stepping thing was just so that they aren't pulling a Snake and lying on the ground after. His u-tilt could be spire shooting someone up? D-tilt could trap the enemy in the ground like DK?

Well this sucks. I lost most of my progress in the mii moveset so I give up. Lol.

The electricity went out

OmegaXXII

Who the heck is Kefka??

Sephiroth would be nice though, but unfortunetly Sora has a better chance and his chances are slim to none.

What happened? No more Mii moveset?

@Luco: Sephiroth FTW!!

Unless I get inspired but for now, no.

Kefka is a more awesome and superior villian than Sephiroth. Sephiroth like Cloud is a homo that puts on hair conditioner very time he confronts Cloud

Olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

I'm gonna continue the mii moveset

OmegaXXII

Nah, I think a good Sephiroth moveset would be great, just for lulz of course. Has anybody even done a moveset for him before?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sepiroths been in 3 fighting games, a moveset wouldn't be too hard to make

Edit: Kefka is the BEST final fantasy villain and from the BEST final fantasy

OmegaXXII

Yea, I think so to.

Anyway, I heard that Mario RPG track, I'm kinda hoping some of the themes from Super Mario RPG get represented at least, orchastrated versions would be so nice, it's the least they can do if we aren't going to get Geno which seems unfortunate.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Kuja from FF9 takes the cake for me. That guy makes me cringe every time I see him in FF9. Such a creepy guy. FF9 is #1 on my "favorite games of all time list" though... so he almost can't lose. Vivi is my favorite FF character of all time too :p.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I prefer Final Fantasies like 3 and 5

I like customization in my characters.

Final Fantasy 2 as well.

Dragon Quest 9 had me held for a long time

OmegaXXII

FF I, VII, X, X-2 are the only ones I've played, pretty awesome titles, I heard VIII was good though.

@ Psycho: How goes along the Sukapon project? Are the drawings looking good? :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FF I, VII, X, X-2 are the only ones I've played, pretty awesome titles, I heard VIII was good though.

@ Psycho: How goes along the Sukapon project? Are the drawings looking good? :)

I've got the Drill guy and the spark guy complete. I'm not happy with a lot of them so I'm going to redo them

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Kefka:" Ahhh, the screams are music to my ears!"

IMO, sepharoth is evil, but kefka is chaotic, and a madman. His boss music is awesome too. Also, Kefka literally messes up the world, and is overtaken with his power. Look at this:

Intense.

So what now?

So Harry Potter in the next Smash game, anyone agree?

Agree

The derp is powerful in this thread:

Derp. I didn't give opinion I gave fact. Derp.

Derp this :p

IDC, he's a derp :glare:

Umad cause you wrong

See, he the derp, not me :/

Herp a derp.

Oh I see, it's just an updated look, okay.

Yea, anybody that loses all the time is obviously bad.

Gonna leave you derps...so I'm

/out

Nope!!

/really out!

He derp!!!!!

He derp!!!!!!

you're all derp
He's a derp.
She's a derp.
We're all derps.
I think thino derp. Derp. Derp.

Yo I look like goku derp.

OmegaXXII

Wow! That Kefka guy sure looks powerful and big enough to be a SSE boss, too bad he's from Square-Enix though, maybe if we happen to get a Square rep?

As for being a derp.... Yep you are correct lol..

dins.fire

Smash Rookie
So there are a lot of really obscure characters that I want in the game, like Chibi Robo, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Jody Summer, Tingle, Captain Syrup, and the list goes on... But I've been thinking about characters that I'm pretty certain WILL get in. So I compiled a list, soooo here goes:
1. Waluigi, He appeared as an assist trophy, he's a well known character, and he has the potential for a great moveset.
2. Bowser Jr., SO of all of these characters this is the one that i'm least sure of, but he's appeared in many games, he'd fit in to the smash bros. environment really well, and has a great moveset potential.
3. Dixie Kong, the DK series needs more characters, and she'd make for a really interesting character.
4. King k Rool, Smash bros needs more villans, nuff said.
5. Krystal, She would act as a non-clone starfox fighter, and smash needs more female reps.
6. Ridley, THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN! (+ metroid needs more reps)
7. Zoroark, Pokemon needs a 5th gen rep & zoroark fits the bill perfectly.
8. Starfy, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
9. Isaac, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
10. Little Mac, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
11. Saki, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
12. Shadow, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
13. Micaiah, most recent fire emblem character (same as Ike in brawl) and would make an interesting fire emblem rep (the only swordless one).
14. Mega Man, popular 3rd party character, shares alot of history with nintendo.
15. Bomber Man, 3rd party character who has appeared on most nintendo systems, and would make a unique fighter.

OmegaXXII

So there are a lot of really obscure characters that I want in the game, like Chibi Robo, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Jody Summer, Tingle, Captain Syrup, and the list goes on... But I've been thinking about characters that I'm pretty certain WILL get in. So I compiled a list, soooo here goes:
1. Waluigi, He appeared as an assist trophy, he's a well known character, and he has the potential for a great moveset.
2. Bowser Jr., SO of all of these characters this is the one that i'm least sure of, but he's appeared in many games, he'd fit in to the smash bros. environment really well, and has a great moveset potential.
3. Dixie Kong, the DK series needs more characters, and she'd make for a really interesting character.
5.Krystal,She would act as a non-clone starfox fighter, and smash needs more female reps.
8. Starfy, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
9. Isaac, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
10. Little Mac, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
11. Saki, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
12.Shadow, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.
13. Micaiah, most recent fire emblem character (same as Ike in brawl) and would make an interesting fire emblem rep (the only swordless one).
14. Mega Man, popular 3rd party character, shares alot of history with nintendo.
15. Bomber Man, 3rd party character who has appeared on most nintendo systems, and would make a unique fighter.
Hmm.. Let see..I mainly disagree with the ones In bold.

Waluigi isn't deserving enough since he's only a spin-off character, has not appeared in any significant Mario game, much less even play a significant role, we already have other potential rep such as Paper Mario and Toad that are definetly more deserving.

Shadow isn't going to replace Sonic, I doubt Sega is going to do so, even if he does turn ip he would most likely end up playing similar to Sonic, if any Sega character should get considered aside Sonic it should be Tails or Knuckles due to them being more unique, but again I doubt we'll even get a 2nd 3rd party character from the same Franchise.

Krystal doesn't really deserve a spot, she isn't popular enough nor requested enough, but if it meant taking out a clone such as Falco and adding a totally unique female, then sure I wouldn't mind, but again her chances seem kinda of unlikely due to Falco and Wolf already being in Smash, the Star Fox franchise does not need 4 reps.

As for Macaiah, sure she looks interesting and is female but if we indeed get a new rep it will most likely be Caeda, Roy, or The Black Knight, her chances will be even worse if we indeed get a new FE lord from a new game.

Bomberman might not get in due to him being a 3rd party as well, even if Megaman's chances have considerably gone down I still believe Sonic, Snake and another 3rd character with relavence will make it instead.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Kuja from FF9 takes the cake for me. That guy makes me cringe every time I see him in FF9. Such a creepy guy. FF9 is #1 on my "favorite games of all time list" though... so he almost can't lose. Vivi is my favorite FF character of all time too :p.
Do you cringe because of his evilness or his man thong?

He's a spin off character. He's one of those ATs that have no chance of getting in. People like Paper Mario and especially Toad are more deserving

Not much compared to the other characters actually but he still has a solid chance

I don't know about Dixie. Maybe a team with Diddy but... I guess I'm neutral with this

5. Krystal, She would act as a non-clone starfox fighter, and smash needs more female reps.

She has relevancy issues and she has a hate fanbase in Japan. She's not that important to the Star Fox universe anyway.

12. Shadow, assist trophy, believed to be a planned character in brawl, would be an interesting fighter.

We're not getting another Sonic rep. Sonic is fine.

Don't know much about this guy. I think nothing will happen to the FE universe. It's only Marth and Ike.

Don't know much about him but I'm not against his inclusion. The only 3rd party character I can see is Megaman
Replies are in blue

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well Zoroark is known for being able to use Transform, so he could transform into the opponent, or one of the opponents in 3 or more player battles.
Technically, Zoroark can't transform into anything. What it can do is make illusions of other Pokemon to fool its opponents.

There's also the slight chance that #7 would go to a Pokemon you can capture in the wild like Scrafty. I guess it could make a neat "WTF" character.
Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff can be caught in the wild too, with Mewtwo being a one-of-a-kind encounter.

Anyway, Scrafty is just a random Pokemon, and random Pokemon are often limited to being placed in Poke Balls, or making cameo appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom