• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
True that 55+ will almost certainly not happen, but I think we can squeeze in six Mario and Pokemon reps in a early 50s slot roster, although I will agree that it is a long shot.Having listened to it, I absolutely love it and is a great antagonistic theme.

@xXIke-SamaXx: What do you think of Victini's chances?
He is my favorite baby-legendary to date but I don't see him more than a Pokeball ,Zoroark definitely has the uper-hand....

I'm not exactly a fast-pace player though, which is why in Melee, I frequently play the Slo-Mo Melee mode.
I'm both a fast paced and slow paced player.
Oh, good! I thought I was the only one; although I don't use slow option. lol

But SSB4 should still be a mix of Melee and Brawl.
This pretty much. 1/2 Melee, 1/2 Brawl (Maybe leaning to melee by a little)
I think this theme definitely needs to be a villain's victory theme. It's way too good to go to waste!

Kefka's Theme.

I'm pretty sure this is the theme that plays when he splits up the continents and half destroys the world. Yea yea there's seph, but cmon: "There's nothing like the sound of 1000 voices screaming in unison!" is pretty sadistic/demonic. Ahh, fun game...
Did you see Kefka's Dancing Mad (Distant Worlds II)?

It's really awesome. Go see for yourself
A lot of 5th gen's pokemon were lame. Really, IMO, the downhill slope started in the 4th generation. That's why I don't care whether Zoroark or Vicinti gets in; they're some of the few good reps from the worst pokemon generation (IMO). I only made a Zoroark moveset because, at the time, it was the only one and it disproved the common notion that Zoroark would be a clone of Lucario.

Anyhow, I'm bored and looking to start a debate, so what about these characters who never get discussed despite the fact that they do meet several criteria for smash.

King Boo- He's a recurring Mario villain, appearing in Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, SM64DS, Super Princess Peach, several spinoffs, and is soon to appear in Luigi's Mansion 2, making him very relevant. He's also not oversized like many other Mario villains, and has shown plenty of potential for a moveset. As far as Mario villains go, he's really only overshadowed by Bowser, Bowser Jr, and Fawful in terms of popularity.

Vaati- He's appeared in several Zelda games, and is a very powerful sorcerer. I recall him being fairly popular in the pre-Brawl days, so I'm not sure why I haven't seen much discussion for him.

White\Black Mage- Two of the most iconic characters of the Final Fantasy series who got their start on the SNES. Both have good moveset potential as well.

I'll edit more in later. BTW, just because they're on this list doesn't mean that I think they're shoe-ins or even that I want them in the game. I just wanted to spark some discussion.
I'm fine with White and black mage.

Vaati lost his supporters after failing at brawl

King Boo - Lacks popularity
King Boo is the best!! :cool:

He's my favorite racer for MKWii.

:phone:
Well you know who mine is!?

I don't think the mew like stats does anything. Being or resembling to another character doesn't really do much.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'd rather Lucario to be back for sure I would be kinda sad if they removed him because Lucario is my favorite Pokemon.Despite all this Victini still don't have much of a chance and I'd rather them changing Pokemon Trainer main pokemon to the Unova starters, and most of the people who expect to see a new first generation Pokemon don't get your hopes up.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
[collapse="NEWCOMER - STUNFISK"]

Jab- Jab 1: Lunges forward for a weak headbutt. Jab 2: Flops forward onto its back for greater knockback, but some ending lag.
Ftilt- Uses Mud Slap to throw mud a short distance in front of it. 1 in 10 times it will turn the opponent around.
Utilt- Utilt 1: Rotates 180 degrees with tailfin in the air. Little or no knockback and ending lag. If ended here, Stunfisk ends facing the opposite direction. Can be canceled into other moves. Utilt 2: Rotates back and does knockback.
Dtilt- Quick tail whip behind him. Has good range, but does not attack in front of Stunfisk.

Fsmash- Flops forward with a Body Slam.
Usmash- Holds tail over its head and does a short, strong Discharge. Laggy, but with good range and decent knockback. Like Lucas's but not as much.
Dsmash- Rapid Spins and knocks dirt out on both sides, doing minimal damage but having little lag.

Nair- Spins around like Charizard's glide attack, but with electricity around it.
Fair- Tail flips over its head and strikes in front of it. Has hitbox above as well.
Uair- Similar to fair, but quicker and does less damage, but the hitbox only goes halfway, to right above his eyes.
Dair- Points tail downward and releases a short, quick burst of electricity. Jolts Stunfisk upwards and forward some like Rob's dsmash. Helpful for recovering.
Bair- Tail lights up and expands, engulfed in electricity. Tail is the hitbox.

B- Flail: Flops around vigorously, can move left and right but not up like MK's Tornado. More powerful as Stunfisk takes more damage.
Up-B- Bounce (Stunfisk actually learns this): Flops up quickly and does damage on the way down. Similar to ZSS's down B.
Side-B- Fires Thunderbolts that can be directed slightly up or down, stuns on contact.
Down-B- Dig: Burrows underground (does small damage and knockback at small range), dives back up for massive damage. Can move left and right somewhat, about the distance of MK's dimensional cape. If on a platform, quickly drops below the platform and damages who ever's under it upon impact. Can't be used in air, but can be used on walls as an unorthodox wall jump. Laggy to avoid being able to be used infinitely.

For grab, he uses thunderwave on an opponent directly in front of him. He doesn't have arms so that's the best he can do.

Pummel- Short sparks from his tail.
Fthrow- Tackles a la fsmash, but weaker.
Uthrow- Stunfisk bends its tail all the way over its head, under the opponent, then flings them into the air.
Bthrow- Does the same, but throws them backwards.
Dthrow- Jumps up a little and falls down on top of the opponent, sending them similar to King Dedede's dthrow.

Up taunt- Spins around on its tail like Squirtle.
Down taunt- Flops around in mud (mud sport). Resists electric damage (electric attacks do half knockback and % damage) for 5 seconds.
Side taunt- Holds up his tail and the exclamation point flashes bright white twice.

Final Smash- Muddy Water: A huge wave crashes through the stage and pushes characters off, kinda like Kyogre.[/collapse]
What am I doing.

But seriously. Has NiGHTS been suggested yet? There's speculation that there will be a new game coming out (probably not exclusively) for the WiiU, so they might pull a Kid Icarus and use it to advertise. It already has a good-sized fanbase, though I haven't seen much of one on Smashboards.

Another thing.. Melee brought in side specials, Brawl brought in final smashes. Do you think we'll be seeing, like, backsmash/btilt/bspecials?
Stunfisk? There are way better 5th generation representatives than that Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather Lucario to be back for sure I would be kinda sad if they removed him because Lucario is my favorite Pokemon.Despite all this Victini still don't have much of a chance and I'd rather them changing Pokemon Trainer main pokemon to the Unova starters, and most of the people who expect to see a new first generation Pokemon don't get your hopes up.
If Victini gets in, because he has a completely different body structure from Lucario, the chances of Lucario staying is much higher then that of him staying if Zororak was playable, who has similar body structure to Lucario. Having Victini in would more likely keep your favorite Pokemon in. Wouldn't you support a Pokemon that would reduce the chance of Lucario getting the axe?

I don't think many people are expecting a first gen rep for Pokemon this time around. The only one with even somewhat noticeable support is Meowth.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You have a reason for this?
Of course I do in Melee a first gen Pokemon was added because the second gen is linked to the first and RBY weren't that old.....in Brawl pokemon trainer was added because Leaf green and Fire red were on the shelves......and now there is a 0 representation for first generation other than the Gold/Silver remakes there is none.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That's not a real good argument Omega...Manaphy's movie was more recent than Lucario's and look who got in.....Victini=Manaphy=Mew=Jirachi=Celebi=Keludio=Shaymin.
Think of Victini as breaking the cycle of new similar psychic type Pokemon with similar body structure, like SSBFan mentioned if Victini would to get in Zoroark's chances would definetly go down considerably thus having the possibily of getting both or either Mewtwo or Lucario.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
If Victini gets in, because he has a completely different body structure from Lucario, the chances of Lucario staying is much higher then that of him staying if Zororak was playable, who has similar body structure to Lucario. Having Victini in would more likely keep your favorite Pokemon in. Wouldn't you support a Pokemon that would reduce the chance of Lucario getting the axe?

I don't think many people are expecting a first gen rep for Pokemon this time around. The only one with even somewhat noticeable support is Meowth.
I don't really like Zoroark that much.....but Victini is under a shakey grounds when it's come to Zoroark and If it was my decision I would keep Lucario for sure...but we gotta face reality it's not what I like or not it's what is likely and rational to think of.

D

Deleted member

@OmegaXVII: The only Psychic Pokemon we got in Smash is Mewtwo. Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Pokemon and Zoroark is Dark. Agree with it breaking the possible pattern of similar body structures obviously.
xXIke-SamaXx said:
That's not a real good argument Omega...Manaphy's movie was more recent than Lucario's and look who got in.....Victini=Manaphy=Mew=Jirachi=Celebi=Keludio= Shaymin.
Actually, it is a good argument. Notice this collaboration here:

On July 16, 2005, Lucario's movie came out. On October, 2005, Brawl's development started. Lucario got in Brawl.

On July 16, 2011, Victini's movie was released. SSB4's development started on October, 2011. Notice that both movies were the latest before development started. Meaning that Lucario was the latest Pokemon star before Brawl's development. Right now, Victini is the latest movie star.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's because your a Zoroark supporter. Lol

And SSBF is a Victini supporter
Oh. I don't hate Victini, but remember that I got disappointed when Deoxys was made as a Poke Ball Pokemon for Brawl; I wanted it to be playable.

Because of that, my expectations are low for Victini.

OmegaXXII

I don't really like Zoroark that much.....but Victini is under a shakey grounds when it's come to Zoroark and If it was my decision I would keep Lucario for sure...but we gotta face reality it's not what I like or not it's what is likely and rational to think of.
Well if you want to face reality I believe you should look at his previous consideration, just like SSBF mentioned the latest movie was 3 months before development thus Lucari got in, same can be said for Victini.

Though, I do have to agree, the only think that's hurting Victini's chances is his "Mew" like body structures, however if it were the other way around meaning IF Zoroark got the latest movie then I would almost guarantee you that he would have been the most considered nominee.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Personally, I think Reshiram and Zekrom are better off as stage hazards, just like Dialga and Palkia.
I'm just implying that Victini inclusion will be much like including Reshiram and Zekrom it's just a new genre of pokemon type and we saw in SSBB : Mascot,Baby pokemon , Random kirby-like pokemon,starters.....so if he wanted to include vicitini I don't mind that at all.

OmegaXXII

Whether we like it or not Victini's chances are very much real.

Personally I'd like to see Mewtwo and Giovanni instead, even though they are unlikely.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hmm.. I would love to see a unique Pokemon stage such as PokeFloats rather than that tiring old Pokemon Stadium.

Poke Floats was a unique Melee stage. Speaking of which, Castelia City might bring back memories of Saffron City. Of course, the stage would be larger, and only generation 5 Pokemon would pop out of the skyscrapers.

I'm just implying that Victini inclusion will be much like including Reshiram and Zekrom it's just a new genre of pokemon type and we saw in SSBB : Mascot,Baby pokemon , Random kirby-like pokemon,starters.....so if he wanted to include vicitini I don't mind that at all.
Let's see, we've had...

1: The main Pokemon mascot (Pikachu)
2: Japan's most popular Pokemon (Jigglypuff)
3: A baby Pokemon (Pichu)
4: A legendary Pokemon (Mewtwo)
5: A trainer (Pokemon Trainer)
6: A Pokemon who's the evolved form of a baby Pokemon that was given to you by a trainer (Lucario)

Number 7 would have to be a Pokemon who can only be earned through Nintendo events. Zoroark and Victini are both in that same position.

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: I really don't see much out of victini although I see much of Zekrom and Reshiram
Victini has a lot of move set potentials. He has V-create, Searing Shot, Overheat, Incinerate, Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, etc.

OmegaXXII

@OmegaXVII: The only Psychic Pokemon we got in Smash is Mewtwo. Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Pokemon and Zoroark is Dark. Agree with it breaking the possible pattern of similar body structures obviously.Actually, it is a good argument. Notice this collaboration here:
Agreed, I was just implying that since they both have the similar "shadow ball" technique, otherwise yes, they are pretty much of a different type aside from the similar structures.

D

Deleted member

Day Twenty-One of Rate Their Chances is up!
OmegaXVII said:
Hmm.. I would love to see a unique Pokemon stage such as PokeFloats rather than that tiring old Pokemon Stadium.
I concur with you here. Pokemon Stadium never really appealed to me in Melee and it was not much better in Brawl. Spear Pillar was much better. Hopefully, they'll skip on yet another Pokemon Stadium; it's not exactly a good idea to rehash the same stage over and over again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As much as I like PS, I do agree. I'd rather see stages based on the Distortion World or N's Castle.

dins.fire

Smash Rookie
Well out of all of the 5th gen pkmn i think that Zoroark and unova-starter-pokemon-trainer bave the best chance, but i think that they should just keep kanto-starter-pokemon-trainer and add zoroark to the roster as it would make for the most interesting 5thgen pokemon and is one of the only 5thgen pokemon with the build of a fighter.
I also think that they should include plusle and minun as an iceclimber like character, but it seems unlikely. I don't think that they should include victini because smash bros is about playing as game characters that you recognize but victini is an event exclusive legendary, meaning that it's hard to obtain or even see in normal gameplay. However even though zoroark requires an event to obtain, N uses one meaning that if you beat the game you are guaranteed to at least see one.
Also am I the only person who thinks that jody summer (Fzero) should be a character. not necessarily because shes important to the series but because the smash games need more female characters.

OmegaXXII

Poke Floats was a unique Melee stage. Speaking of which, Castelia City might bring back memories of Saffron City. Of course, the stage would be larger, and only generation 5 Pokemon would pop out of the skyscrapers.
Oh yea, a new version of Saffron City should definetly be a new pokemon stage, like Castelia City but at night, kinda of like Fourside I guess.

D

Deleted member

dins.fire said:
well out of all of the 5th gen pkmn i think that zoroark and unova-starter-pokemon-trainer bave the best chance but i think that they should just keep kanto-starter-pokemon-trainer and add zoroark to the roster as it would make for the most interesting 5thgen pokemon and is one of the only 5thgen pokemon with the build of a fighter.
also am I the only person who thinks that jody summer (Fzero) should be a character. not necessarily because shes important to the series but because the smash games need more female characters.
First off, I suggest you use capitalization when posting. It makes your post that much easier to read. :)

Secondly, while Zoroark has the build of a fighter, so does the vast majority of other Pokemon characters.

Third, adding female characters for the sake of it is a bad idea. Jody Summer will almost certainly never be playable and I have no idea how she would play at all.

OmegaXXII

...also am I the only person who thinks that jody summer (Fzero) should be a character. not necessarily because shes important to the series but because the smash games need more female characters.
I don't think Jody Summers would ever be considered, at least not before Samurai Goroh or The Black Shadow.

As for having more female reps, yes I completly agree with that, Smash should definetly have more female representation.

Some that come to mind are...

•Medusa
•Palutena
•Caeda
•Dixie Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom